Red Sweatshirt Photography

Shelter Island, Long Island, NYC, and surrounding areas.

Best Day Ever!

Best Day Ever...Laughing, Crying, and Loving. Your day will have it all and I will capture every moment. Hi everyone and congratulations! I am Scott, owner and lead photographer at Red Sweatshirt Photography. I shoot every wedding that I book. So why would you want me shooting your wedding? I am the other guy who is smiling the entire night(groom is the first guy). I am also the guy who will not only document your day, but i will also go above and beyond to make sure that you have an amazing wedding experience!

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

South Hampton, NY Shelter Island, Long Island, NYC, and surrounding areas. (516) 428-2742

Reviewed on 5/26/2016 Daniela B

Scott and his assistant, Anthony, were great! I received several compliments from family members and friends that they did a wonderful job the day of the wedding. Scott was responsive and attentive to our requests. A month after the wedding, I received some beautiful shots that... Read More I will use for thank you cards. Scott and his assistant were very down to earth and allowed for a stress-free wedding day! Thank you to Scott and Anthony-- you did an amazing job!

Reviewed on 5/23/2016 Lauren B

I originally set up a meeting with Scott because I really loved his style of photography and then when my then fiance and I met him we new we were going to sign with him. He was personable and fun and new exactly what we were looking for and his prices were extremely reasonable.... Read More On the day of our wedding he and his assistant were great! They showed up early and were in formal attire. They put us at ease while they were taking our pics before the wedding, were patient with our family members and fit right in with the crowd. We couldn't have asked for more!

2016-05-23T13:33:51 Response from the vendor

It was such a pleasure and honor to be involved in a day that you will remember for the rest of your lives. I have the best clients! You two were the cream of the crop! Congratulations again!

Reviewed on 4/03/2016

Where do I begin? Scott is beyond talented and such an awesome person to work with! We are absolutely blown away by our wedding photographs. Scott captures natural poses, while making every photograph look like it is out of a magazine. His attention to color, lighting, detail is... Read More unreal. We receive a USB drive with all of our photographs from the entire wedding! My husband and I keep reliving our wedding looking at the pictures with laughter and tears of joy. Scott makes you feel beyond comfortable throughout your day. My husband and I, the wedding party, family and guests absolutely loved him. During the reception, at times we didn't even realize he was there! He captures moments while you thoroughly enjoy yourself. What is better than that? I could go on forever raving about him! Don't look any further, this is your photographer! Thank you for everything Scott!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Carina F

I loved working with Scott and Anthony at my Shelter Island Wedding! I'm just starting to get photos in but I love everything I see so far. They were a fun addition to the day and I would highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Alyson F

What can I say? If I could have given 10 stars above I would have. The first thing I noticed when looking for photographers was Scott's personality. He is sincere, sweet and was super fun. His kind heart shows through his photos and he had a way of capturing the sweetest of... Read More moments. He and his assistant keep you calm and relaxed. The best part is that Scott also does family shoots. Needless to say, I WILL be using him down the road as well!! ;)

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Kate M

My wedding was the absolute best party that I have been to, and I have all of the memories beautifully documented on a flash drive. Scott was prompt, and took care of all of our needs, not just Photography. Scott and his assistant helped us with things that our bridal attendant... Read More didn’t. We had a terrific experience and love our photographs.

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Carolina k

If you read the reviews below it says it all. Scott, you were a pleasure to work with. We never felt like you were a photographer, just a well dressed friend attending our wedding with a really nice camera (and cool socks). You made the process easy before, during, and after.... Read More Kudos to picking an assistant that is just as outgoing and friendly. Thank you for your hard work.

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 evelyn l

We had Scott for a 12 hour day. From the minute he walked in the door, to the minute he left, he was a true professional. It was one of the only hot days of the summer and his energy level never changed. Fun, outgoing, and just excited to be doing what he loved. That love that... Read More he has for photography really translated to our finished images. So in love with all of our images. I wish i could give him 10 stars!

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Victoria c

Scott and his assistant Anthony did an amazing job during our wedding on shelter island!! Prior to the day of, scott made himself available as a resource on shelter island to answer and of my wedding related questions while we planned from afar. He provided tons of advice and... Read More ideas for the day of, but most notably he went above and beyond in helping us create a grand entrance to our cocktail hour via boat. He and Anthony drove us into the boatyard and traveled with us via boat to capture an exciting moment. Overall, incredibly impressed and would highly recommend this team.

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Miles M

I honestly do not know what we would have done without you...and youtube (bowtie issues). Scott was reliable, creative, helpful, fun, and easy to work with. We enjoyed every second of our day and the time that we spent with Scott and his assistant. We have a rowdy family and... Read More Scott kept them in line during the formal photos, we thought that would have been a serious problem. Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Jasper L

Scott knows that i am not a guy that talks a lot, or brags about things, but when i saw my wedding photos, and the way we looked in them....i was blown away. I mean, the way he just kept us relaxed and having fun was so awesome. The two of us are so awkward in front of the... Read More camera and scott made it look like we knew what we were doing. This was just one of those choices that you make in life and it actually panned out. Thanks Scott!

2017-10-13T09:14:06 Response from the vendor

Thanks Jasper for taking the time to post a review! You guys weren’t as awkward as you think! Lol you were perfect, and a pleasure to work with. Thanks again for choosing me!

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Molly M

Thank you so much Scott for our outstanding images! We knew that we were getting a fantastic photographer, but we had no idea our images would be this special! You and your assistant were on point the entire night. The photographer is the most important person at a wedding(other... Read More than the bride and groom) and we absolutely made the right choice. You were worth every penny!

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Kim W

Scott & his photography Asst, Anthony, were incredible to work with! They were the nicest and most down to earth guys to have direct you in photographs all day. Their personalities made us feel so safe & we knew we were in such good hands. The photography was simply stunning and... Read More we LOVE our photos. We are so grateful to Scott & to have had such a wonderful experience on our special day. I have to add that he truly cared about our photos as much as we did and it showed. He went above and beyond to make sure we got what we needed and that I was happy and most comfortable. We are so happy to have worked with him!

2017-09-25T23:15:43 Response from the vendor

It was all my pleasure! You both made my job so easy. Documenting the day for you was some of the most fun that I have had as a photographer. Thank you for choosing me to be a part of this celebration. You are both... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Frank K

Scott is the man! Best wedding photographer to grace this world....period! Our photos are money in the bank. Oh yeah! I would recommend him to anyone who is serious about capturing the magic of their wedding day. He best be winning some kind of award. Holla!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Lindsay M

Scott did an absolutely AMAZING job on our wedding photos! We could not be happier. He and his assistant played a key role in pulling the whole event together with our DJ and wedding vendor; making sure everything fell into place seamlessly. From the moment they arrived on... Read More site they were providing helpful reminders and keeping the wedding party on track. Scott and his partner were able to capture beautiful moments with a truly artistic eye. We are incredibly grateful for all of his hard work.

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Millicent M

Absolutely amazing! We couldn't have asked for a better team to capture our special day. Scott and his assistant Anthony worked swiftly as a team and made everything a breeze for us. Their creativity and enthusiasm enabled us to see the love and happiness of the day. We couldn't... Read More have asked for better results!

2016-10-29T22:41:04 Response from the vendor

Such a gorgeous bride and wedding. You guys were so much fun to spend time with. Derring harbor inn was the perfect Shelter Island location for the wedding. Thank you for such a sweet review! Cheers!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Kelsey C

Scott and his assistant were amazing! My husband and I won a photography package with red sweatshirt photography and couldn't be happier with the photos we received. Scott was so easy to work with and made us feel so comfortable. It rained on our wedding day but Scott took the... Read More most amazing photos. My friends and colleagues shared our photos and wouldn't stop raving about how beautiful they were. Scott really took advantage of the beauty nature had to offer. He was not intrusive at all but still was able to get the most amazing photos. My husband and I enjoyed the entire night without worrying about being pulled aside for a ton of photos. I would recommend Scott to anyone looking for a wedding photographer. We really lucked out being able to have him shoot our wedding photos!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 johnathan T

Ok so my Wife never used this site, and I definitely never used it but I really wanted to share my experience with Scott from RSP. We didn't have a huge budget and we made Scott aware of this. We loved his photos and we wanted to see if there was any way that we could afford... Read More him. After a few emails and phone calls Scott made our budget work by mixing and matching a few things in his packages and we got the photographer of our dreams. Lets put photography aside for a second and discuss the person that Scott is. He arrived to my wifes hotel room early, wearing a suit, clean shaven with a great big smile on his face. If you have worked with him, or met him you know that he has a giant friendly smile(almost like a cartoon character) sorry Scott its true! :) He made my wife feel extremely comfortable and relaxed in front of the camera, and that is not easy. She does not like to be the center of attention at all. She said that she wished she had even more time because she was having so much fun. After Scott did the portraits in the hotel he and my wife and bridal party met us at our venue on Shelter Island for a first look. He coordinated it brilliantly. He advised us prior to the wedding day on how much time we need, how much time we will probably have, and how much time would be perfect. He was right with all of his predictions, clearly he has done this a bunch. We headed to the ceremony and barely noticed him during it. He handled all of our crazy guests and their cell phone cameras with class and patience. At the reception we never ran in to him on the dance floor, he really blended in well. Every once and a while i saw him on his step stool outside the dance floor bopping to the beat of a song that the band was playing, with a huge smile on his face behind his camera. Red Sweatshirt Photography was really the best decision that my wife and I made for our wedding. Seriously love our photos so much! We received them months before the contract stated. They are beautiful, creative, sharp, and of amazing quality. I would 1000% recommend RSP! He really knows what he's doing. If i lived closer to him we would want to be friends with him and his wife! They were very funny together when we met them at the Bridal Expo. Thanks so much Scott!

2016-10-28T20:26:41 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to write all of that! It was my pleasure to work with you! Lol any time you guys want to come out for a visit just say the word!!! Thanks again! Hope your... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Tony M

Most AMAZING experience ever! Scott and Anthony were so attentive and so accommodating that my family thought there were more than just the photographers. The time and effort they put into each and every shot was perfect! Their non intrusive style and formal decor was exactly... Read More what my wife and I were looking for. We have already seen some of the shots from our special day and let me tell you LOOK NO FURTHER! Thank you guys so much for perfectly capturing our beautiful day!

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Judith I

Scott did a great job! He was so accommodating and professional. My engagement and wedding pictures are simply amazing. His assistant Anthony was also amazing for putting up with my husband and his 5 out of control groomsmen.

Great pictures and great time

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Kelly S

When we first got engaged there was no doubt in our minds that we were using Scott for our wedding. And it was definitely worth it. Scott and Korinne took fantastic pictures of our wedding. I got to see a few in the days after. They were there from start to finish and captured... Read More everything!!!! Would definitely recommend them for anyone's wedding.

Photography at its best!

Reviewed on 10/26/2014

Scott and his assistant flew in from New York to shoot my wedding here in California and it was by far one of my best ideas that I had for my wedding. Not only did he go above and beyond on our wedding day, but he also showed up at our rehearsal dinner and landed a few shots... Read More of my friends and family enjoying themselves. The photos from our day are amazing and cannot be happier. Five stars photographer and person!

Beautiful

Reviewed on 9/28/2014 Lisa G

AMAZING, PUNCTUAL, PROFESSIONAL, ACCOMMODATING... Couldnt ask for more in a photographer. Scott was all that I could have asked for in a photographer. He faciliated everything for me and was able to capture all of the special moments of our wedding day. My bridal party, family,... Read More and guests were all so pleased with his out going personality and work ethic. Scott and his asst were dressed in formal attire which was a plus, they blended right in with the crowd. His ideas were great and I appreciated his calmness and hard work with everything that was going on that day. Would def hire him again for another event and recommend him to family/friends!!!! Thank you Scott for EVERYTHING!!! ~ Mr. and Mrs. OJ Cisco

2014-09-29T15:00:59 Response from the vendor

It was a pleasure working for you guys! Thank you again for choosing me!

Made it so easy.

Reviewed on 9/22/2014 Jen M

Having Scott shoot our wedding was such a great idea. I never feel comfortable in front of the camera but Scott and his assistant made it so easy to just relax and have fun. It was like having a well dressed friend with a really nice camera taking pictures of us at our party.... Read More Spending 10hrs with them was a ton of fun. We loved working with Red Sweatshirt Photography.

Exceptional Service at a Great Price!

Reviewed on 8/28/2014 Maria L

Married on 8/16/14, Scott and his assistant Corrine were unbelievable to say the least. Professionalism at it's finest,yet down to earth. I can't remember how i came across red sweatshirt photography, but from the moment i read his introduction to his company name and then... Read More meeting Scott, i knew i went to the right place! His work is incredible, his dedication to each picture is unheard of now a days. He is devoted to making each shot memorable. Professional, on time and overall great person are just a few of his many qualities. The pictures speak for themselves. I highly recommend him to anyone and everyone, you will not be disappointed. Price was perfect, quality of capturing moments, priceless.

Scott

Little bit about me... I studied art in in my undergrad program and took many photography related courses. I have taken workshops with some of the best photographers in the world. I am always learning new techniques and i stay up to date with all of the latest technological advancements. I have 2 little boys, 2 dogs, and an incredible wife. We had the most amazing wedding with the most terrible wedding photographer. I am now in this industry to make sure that your wedding experience is what ours should have been..Perfect.  Enough about me, write me so i can learn about you!