Reid Castle At Manhattanville

Purchase, NY

Book Your Wedding with Reid Castle At Manhattanville

A HISTORIC VENUE IN PURCHASE, NY

Reid Castle at Manhattanville College located in Purchase, New York is an incredibly elegant venue. With grand marble staircases, tall ceilings and dark wooden walls and breathtaking chandeliers, the luxurious interior of the Reid Castle at Manhattanville is truly a magical setting for a wedding ceremony and reception. Rental of Reid Castle at Manhattanville gives the couple access to the entire first floor. The garden, terraces and patios are also included. The maximum capacity is 165 guests.

Perfectly seated on landscaped grounds, with manicured gardens and beautiful stone walls, Reid Castle at Manhattanville is a beautiful backdrop both indoors and out. The gardens at Reid Castle were designed and landscaped by Frederick Law Olmsted, the legendary landscaper of New York City’s Central Park.

Reid Castle at Manhattanville is conveniently located near to all major air, rail and interstate connections.

The rental of Reid Castle at Manhattanville includes many amenities completing the small details of the event. Some of the amenities provided by the venue include dressing areas for the couple.

All tables and chairs are included in the rental package, as well as floor length linens with a choice of colors. Silverware, glassware and china are also included. An in-house event coordinator is complimentary with the rental package and all decorations used for the event must be approved by them. Votive candles are included in the wedding package and will be provided in-house. Birdseed, rice and confetti are not allowed. The staff will complete all setup and cleanup. All food and beverage is handled by the venue. The in-house catering offers an extensive array of menu possibilities which includes the following:

• Five hours of bar service
  • Selection of hot and cold Hors d'oeuvres
  • International cheese, fruit and crudités display during the cocktail hour
  • Exquisite wedding cake
  • Champagne toast
  • Refreshments for the Bridal room

Adults cocktail hour in the French Parlor includes five hours of open bar service. This includes house wine, name brand liquors and champagne. Also included are imported and domestic beers, soft drinks, juices and waters. Adults dinner cocktail stations include an Asian stir fry station, pasta station and carving station. Specialty desserts are also included. The menu offers several upgrades to the standard cocktail service. Those upgrades include a raw seafood bar and a sushi station. A Mexican fajita station and vodka bar are also available for an additional fee; as is a cappuccino and espresso bar.

Amplified music is permitted both indoors and outside. The music must end by 1 a.m. A piano is available for use during the event.

The Management and staff at Reid Castle understand that the wedding ceremony and reception is an unforgettable event of a lifetime. To make the wedding day a complete experience for the couple the rental of the Reid Castle at Manhattanville includes:

• Exclusive use of the castle with only one event allowed per day.
  • On site security
  • Overnight accommodations are available for a fee

Reid Castle, Unforgettable

Begin your life together at the magnificent Reid Castle. Chartwells Catering has teamed with Reid Castle to provide culinary excellence for elegant weddings to informal rehearsal dinners. Our unique combination of customized planning, creative catering and event expertise assures a flawless event.

Castle, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning

2900 Purchase Street, Purchase, NY (914) 323-5396

Reviewed on 7/14/2017 E P

I got married at the O'Byrne Chapel, which is attached to Reid Castle. Planning the wedding was fairly easy and overall the venue is not terribly expensive. While it is an absolutely beautiful venue, there were several careless mistakes that wound up being HUGE mistakes. First... Read More off, I had a Catholic ceremony which requires that the bride and groom sit during part of the ceremony. Usually the church provides chairs, and in many of the photos provided by Manhattanville, you can see the chairs that they have used for previous weddings. When I walked down the aisle there were these massive red, velvet chairs, which my husband and I sat on during the mass. It completely obstructed the photographers (and the guests) views and ruined any beautiful photo that I had hoped to get. You couldn't see the bride and groom! I always wanted a beautiful photo at the altar and I was crushed by what happened. The catering manager should have checked with me before completely ruining my ceremony! The catering manager was responsible for printing up the menu for the reception. While the menu looked nice, it did not have the correct name of the groom. I had gone over this detail with her and she assured me the name would be correct.....but it was not! Although there were several requests for a floor plan of the tables, we never received one ahead of the wedding. As a result, the mother of the bride and the father of the bride along with the most important guests were seated all the way in the back and in a corner! Finally, I was crushed because the catering manager took my bouquet and never returned it to me at the end of the night. She also had leftover cake (keep in mind that we paid $3000 for my cake) and she tossed it instead of giving it to me to take home. Overall the food surpassed my expectations. The chef is great to work with and created a wonderful menu for our wedding. My only complaint about the food was that we ordered a dessert table during the reception and unfortunately the table was hidden in the back. There was no announcement that there was a dessert table so half of the guests never knew that it existed. It was something that my mom was looking forward to but unfortunately she was unable to enjoy simply because she never saw the table. Manhattanville is a beautiful venue, but there are TOO MANY little details that they overlook. They have a lot of work to do before I would recommend this place for a wedding.

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Michelle P

My husband and I are both alumni of Manhattanville College, so when we started looking for venues, Reid Castle was always on the list. We eventually chose to go with Reid Castle because the Catering & event manager, Elena, with Chartwells (the on-site catering company) was... Read More really great. Elena was helpful, had advice about other vendors and helped us work within our budget. We had our ceremony on the lower terraces facing the Castle and it was beautiful. Our cocktail hour was on the Castle terrace and in one of the main rooms of the first floor of the Castle so people could be inside or outside which was great because it was one of the hottest days of the year. Our reception was held in the west room which is a beautiful room with a large leaded glass window and beautiful interior woodwork. The food was amazing. I'm a vegetarian and my husband is not. My family are red meat eaters to the core and my husband's family range in vegans to carnivores like my family-everyone was pleased. Elena took care of ordering linens (they were beautiful) and setting up everything from the table settings, to candles around the entire venue, to coloring books i made for the children at the wedding. I had nothing to prep or take care of on the day of my wedding because the staff did so for me. I was free to spend time with my mother and friends getting ready in another beautiful room of the Castle. This venue was perfect for pictures as well, if it was such a hot day we would have taken more advantage of the grounds. Ultimately, we had a beautiful day where we were able to share the place we met with our friends and family.

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Claire B

Paul and I had our wedding at the Reid Castle on July 30th, 2016. Everything about the day exceeded out wildest expectations. The Castle itself is absolutely gorgeous, totally unique. Elena, the caterer, did outstanding work! I can't say enough great things about her! She... Read More was knowledgable, very attentive, and more so than anything else, very down to earth. It was a pleasure working with her! Our guests have raved about the venue, the food, and the service. Have gotten lots of "best wedding ever!"