Reid Castle At Manhattanville

Purchase, NY

Book Your Wedding with Reid Castle At Manhattanville

A HISTORIC VENUE IN PURCHASE, NY

Reid Castle at Manhattanville College located in Purchase, New York is an incredibly elegant venue. With grand marble staircases, tall ceilings and dark wooden walls and breathtaking chandeliers, the luxurious interior of the Reid Castle at Manhattanville is truly a magical setting for a wedding ceremony and reception. Rental of Reid Castle at Manhattanville gives the couple access to the entire first floor. The garden, terraces and patios are also included. The maximum capacity is 165 guests.

Perfectly seated on landscaped grounds, with manicured gardens and beautiful stone walls, Reid Castle at Manhattanville is a beautiful backdrop both indoors and out. The gardens at Reid Castle were designed and landscaped by Frederick Law Olmsted, the legendary landscaper of New York City’s Central Park.

Reid Castle at Manhattanville is conveniently located near to all major air, rail and interstate connections.

The rental of Reid Castle at Manhattanville includes many amenities completing the small details of the event. Some of the amenities provided by the venue include dressing areas for the couple.

All tables and chairs are included in the rental package, as well as floor length linens with a choice of colors. Silverware, glassware and china are also included. An in-house event coordinator is complimentary with the rental package and all decorations used for the event must be approved by them. Votive candles are included in the wedding package and will be provided in-house. Birdseed, rice and confetti are not allowed. The staff will complete all setup and cleanup. All food and beverage is handled by the venue. The in-house catering offers an extensive array of menu possibilities which includes the following:

• Five hours of bar service
  • Selection of hot and cold Hors d'oeuvres
  • International cheese, fruit and crudités display during the cocktail hour
  • Exquisite wedding cake
  • Champagne toast
  • Refreshments for the Bridal room

Adults cocktail hour in the French Parlor includes five hours of open bar service. This includes house wine, name brand liquors and champagne. Also included are imported and domestic beers, soft drinks, juices and waters. Adults dinner cocktail stations include an Asian stir fry station, pasta station and carving station. Specialty desserts are also included. The menu offers several upgrades to the standard cocktail service. Those upgrades include a raw seafood bar and a sushi station. A Mexican fajita station and vodka bar are also available for an additional fee; as is a cappuccino and espresso bar.

Amplified music is permitted both indoors and outside. The music must end by 1 a.m. A piano is available for use during the event.

The Management and staff at Reid Castle understand that the wedding ceremony and reception is an unforgettable event of a lifetime. To make the wedding day a complete experience for the couple the rental of the Reid Castle at Manhattanville includes:

• Exclusive use of the castle with only one event allowed per day.
  • On site security
  • Overnight accommodations are available for a fee

Reid Castle, Unforgettable

Begin your life together at the magnificent Reid Castle. Chartwells Catering has teamed with Reid Castle to provide culinary excellence for elegant weddings to informal rehearsal dinners. Our unique combination of customized planning, creative catering and event expertise assures a flawless event.

Castle, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning

2900 Purchase Street, Purchase, NY (914) 323-5396

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Carly S

I was blown away by our experience at Reid Castle. My husband and I were married there last week and our wedding truly exceeded our expectations. Everything was superb! Do not let the fact that the castle is located on a college campus deter you from pursuing this venue. Our... Read More guests raved about the location, with one guest calling the venue a "hidden gem". At no point in time did we ever feel like we were on a college campus. The food was also phenomenal. The chef is accommodating and wonderful to work with. Our guests were stuffed after cocktail hour and still managed to eat their entire entrees. Also, be assured that on your wedding day, the food with taste EXACLY the way it did at your tasting. I would be remiss if I failed to mention the wedding coordinator, Elena Sassone. Elena is nothing short of amazing. She is a professional in every sense of the word. Trust and listen to her - she knows her stuff! If she says there will be enough food at cocktail hour, she means it. If she says the food is amazing and will taste exactly like your tasting, she means it. If she tells your not to worry about something, there's no need to worry about it. She took care of our every need and ensured that our wedding was beautiful and stress free. Elena and her staff were attentive to us and our guests and we couldn't be happier with their services. You will not regret selecting Reid Castle for your wedding venue!!

2017-10-13T12:54:46 Response from the vendor

We are so delighted to hear that you were happy with our Castle and service!

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Michelle P

My husband and I are both alumni of Manhattanville College, so when we started looking for venues, Reid Castle was always on the list. We eventually chose to go with Reid Castle because the Catering & event manager, Elena, with Chartwells (the on-site catering company) was... Read More really great. Elena was helpful, had advice about other vendors and helped us work within our budget. We had our ceremony on the lower terraces facing the Castle and it was beautiful. Our cocktail hour was on the Castle terrace and in one of the main rooms of the first floor of the Castle so people could be inside or outside which was great because it was one of the hottest days of the year. Our reception was held in the west room which is a beautiful room with a large leaded glass window and beautiful interior woodwork. The food was amazing. I'm a vegetarian and my husband is not. My family are red meat eaters to the core and my husband's family range in vegans to carnivores like my family-everyone was pleased. Elena took care of ordering linens (they were beautiful) and setting up everything from the table settings, to candles around the entire venue, to coloring books i made for the children at the wedding. I had nothing to prep or take care of on the day of my wedding because the staff did so for me. I was free to spend time with my mother and friends getting ready in another beautiful room of the Castle. This venue was perfect for pictures as well, if it was such a hot day we would have taken more advantage of the grounds. Ultimately, we had a beautiful day where we were able to share the place we met with our friends and family.

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Sarah Y

We had our wedding at Reid Castle in October 2017. The venue is gorgeous inside - the photos simply don't do it justice. It looks especially beautiful in the evening, when all the candles are lit. We got married at 5:00pm, and the late afternoon light was perfect. There are... Read More plenty of rooms within the castle that are included in the package, so we were able to do a ceremony, cocktail hour, Korean ceremony, reception and afterparty all within the castle, which made transportation very easy for guests. Plus, we got a ton of compliments on how delicious the food was! Elena, the venue coordinator, is great to work with. She is very busy, so there might be a slight delay in answers, but she is always responsive and was able to provide solutions and answers to any questions we had. And she was very organized on the day of, so we didn't need to worry about a thing. It's a great value, and all of our guests complimented us on choosing such a beautiful space. p.s. if you are a Manhattanville alumnus, make sure to let them know!

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Claire B

Paul and I had our wedding at the Reid Castle on July 30th, 2016. Everything about the day exceeded out wildest expectations. The Castle itself is absolutely gorgeous, totally unique. Elena, the caterer, did outstanding work! I can't say enough great things about her! She... Read More was knowledgable, very attentive, and more so than anything else, very down to earth. It was a pleasure working with her! Our guests have raved about the venue, the food, and the service. Have gotten lots of "best wedding ever!"