Reid Castle At Manhattanville

Castle, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning

2900 Purchase Street, Purchase, NY

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Michelle P

My husband and I are both alumni of Manhattanville College, so when we started looking for venues, Reid Castle was always on the list. We eventually chose to go with Reid Castle because the Catering & event manager, Elena, with Chartwells (the on-site catering company) was... Read More really great. Elena was helpful, had advice about other vendors and helped us work within our budget. We had our ceremony on the lower terraces facing the Castle and it was beautiful. Our cocktail hour was on the Castle terrace and in one of the main rooms of the first floor of the Castle so people could be inside or outside which was great because it was one of the hottest days of the year. Our reception was held in the west room which is a beautiful room with a large leaded glass window and beautiful interior woodwork. The food was amazing. I'm a vegetarian and my husband is not. My family are red meat eaters to the core and my husband's family range in vegans to carnivores like my family-everyone was pleased. Elena took care of ordering linens (they were beautiful) and setting up everything from the table settings, to candles around the entire venue, to coloring books i made for the children at the wedding. I had nothing to prep or take care of on the day of my wedding because the staff did so for me. I was free to spend time with my mother and friends getting ready in another beautiful room of the Castle. This venue was perfect for pictures as well, if it was such a hot day we would have taken more advantage of the grounds. Ultimately, we had a beautiful day where we were able to share the place we met with our friends and family.

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Claire B

Paul and I had our wedding at the Reid Castle on July 30th, 2016. Everything about the day exceeded out wildest expectations. The Castle itself is absolutely gorgeous, totally unique. Elena, the caterer, did outstanding work! I can't say enough great things about her! She... Read More was knowledgable, very attentive, and more so than anything else, very down to earth. It was a pleasure working with her! Our guests have raved about the venue, the food, and the service. Have gotten lots of "best wedding ever!"