Let us ReMIX Your Story

After touring on an International Circuit for Seven Years, Jon Bartlett, made it his goal to bring tailor made + unique productions to the private event market of KC. Each Client’s Story is just sitting there waiting to be told, and we are here to tell that story through Audio, Video, & Lighting.

Classical, Country, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Indian, Latin, Persian, World Music

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Kansas City, MO (913) 440-4905
INSTAGRAM

The Best Reception DJ for the Most Amazing Price!

Reviewed on 4/04/2014 Sarah B

I can't say enough great things about Jon! Our ceremony music went off without a hitch and the cocktail hour/dinner music kept a fun atmosphere without overwhelming conversation. And the reception was my absolute favorite part--he is truly the best at keeping the dance floor... Read More packed! Our dance floor was not empty the whole night--one of our guests even told us they were getting tired while dancing and kept hoping a bad song would play so they could sit down and rest--but that never happened so they just kept on dancing :) Jon did a friend of ours wedding as well and the dance party at the reception was just as fun! Jon was also extremely professional and conscientious. We had two internet consultations and he also had some very handy worksheets to fill out that really helped us organize the details of specific songs to play at certain times of the night. He also checked in with us a couple of times throughout the night to make sure everything was going the way we wanted! The order of events was coordinated very smoothly by him and he was great at getting the audiences attention for special moments like the cake cutting. The best part--I missed one of my requested dance songs due to visiting with guests so he played it later in the night and dedicated it to me so I could have an excuse to get out there and dance with my guests! A great value for truly exceptional service! Highly, highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 6/18/2015 Monica B

A DJ can make or break your wedding and Remix definitely made our wedding! Jon was great to work with and had no problem with last minute changes. Jamie and Leo were our DJ's for the night and they did a great job! They took care of both the ceremony and the reception for us.... Read More Their energy and professionalism was exactly what we wanted. Leo was a great MC and had our guests laughing when he spoke- we got him out on the dance floor later in the night and the guests were loving it! Jamie had the dance floor packed all night and we had several complements on how great the DJ's were. He was able to mix songs on the fly based on requests I was giving him. We also had people tell us that they have never saw so many people dance for so long at a wedding. Our friends are still talking about how fun of a night it was. You won't be disappointed with Remix! PS- I HIGHLY recommend providing foam glow sticks- that seemed to also help get people to the dance floor!

The Best!!

Reviewed on 2/26/2014 lauren a

We couldn't have picked a better Dj for our wedding. When we decided to go with a Dj we searched and searched because we wanted to find a Dj that was unique and wasn't like every other wedding Dj with the corny props and tacky music. That wasn't us and then we found remix Dj and... Read More boy did John deliver. We had a blast at our wedding and everyone told us how much fun they had and how unique the song selections were. And we couldn't thank john enough for giving us the experience we were looking for. I would highly recommend remix Dj to all brides in the Kansas City area.

Reviewed on 11/02/2017 Cassandra L

I highly recommend Jon Bartlett and ReMIX DJs to anyone that is looking for a disc jockey for their wedding. Jon provide excellent personal service, taking the time to meet with us, get to know us, and help us personalize our reception so it was perfect. He did a great job... Read More announcing all of the special events that evening and his music choices were on point; the dance floor was packed all night! We thought the price was very fair considering the level of service and the quality of equipment Jon provided. 10/10 would definitely recommend.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017

Jon was THE BEST DJ we could have picked for our wedding. From the moment we met with him he was incredibly kind, professional and dedicated to helping create the perfect vibe for all parts of our wedding. On top of all of this, we had a crazy storm the day of and he was able... Read More to adjust locations and to all the madness perfectly. We had several people come up to us during the wedding and tell us how on point the DJ was - the perfect mix of music for everyone in attendance. We could not recommend him more!

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Megan S

Please book John as your DJ. He did such an incredible job. He was completely professional in our planning meeting letting us know his vision/strategy and was open to any of our concerns. In the end we trusted his opinions and I’m so glad we did! The way he played songs and then... Read More subtley transitioned to another was awesome. It was like the music never stopped which led to no one ever really leaving the dance floor because it was just nonstop good music. He came up to me about the point when we would have done the bouquet toss and asked if we still wanted to do it and it was like he read my mind, I didn’t. I was having too much fun and so was everyone else dancing that I did not want to stop that. I was so glad he could read that and didn’t just go ahead with it. He also announced the last 2 songs, the first was a slow song that was important to my husband’s family and the last was Don’t Stop Believing. Such a cliche but it was absolutley perfect. Somehow this circle kind of formed around me and my husband with everyone just swaying and singing and it was seriously my favorite part of the night and most of the guests favorite part of the night as well. We also followed John’s idea and my husband and I got to have 1 last dance by ourselves after everyone had gone downstairs to set up for the sparkler send us. It was so lovely and meaningful and we were so happy he suggested it. Overall, just got with John, we were glad we paid a little extra to specifically have him that night. It was all completely worth it.

Reviewed on 9/10/2017 Hannah T

Remix DJs did an amazing job for our wedding. The music was great and the atmosphere made everyone so happy and excited to dance! A lovely company to work with, I would recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 9/03/2017 Maggie

Jon was amazing! He really made the reception so much more fun. I had a lot of guests comment about how good the music was and how much everyone was dancing! Highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 6/30/2017 Rachael S

When we initially talked to John we could tell immediately that he would work with us to make sure our wedding was amazing. We booked early and made sure that John would be the DJ for our event because he made us so comfortable. Before the wedding we got a thorough form to fill... Read More out that covered the song choices for all of our events, as well as our music preferences for the rest of the reception, which was really helpful. John kept bodies on the dance floor all night; whenever the energy started to get low, he would put on a song to get everybody back out there. That was a huge reason that everyone had such a fun time, and we couldn’t recommend Remix DJ highly enough!

Reviewed on 4/02/2017 Lauren S

We could not have asked for a better DJ. Throughout the planning process, Jon was very easy to contact with questions, suggestions, and our changes, even taking the time to attend our final planning meeting with our venue. He checked in with us throughout the reception as... Read More well, making sure we were comfortable with even the smallest potential changes. We wouldn't change a thing if we had to do it all over again. Jon was flexible, easy going, and highly attentive - he easily made our reception a complete "hit".

Reviewed on 2/07/2017 Holly C

My husband and I hosted a NYE wedding reception, and Jon helped to make it the celebration we'd hoped for! We had been to other weddings were Jon had was the DJ - so we knew he was our guy! At his request, we met Jon beforehand so he had a better understanding of who we were as... Read More a couple and what we were looking for. Because we asked, he offered several suggestions to make the night perfect. On the day of, Jon was fantastic! The cocktail hour had lively music that got people chatting and in the mood to celebrate. Through dinner, toasts and our first dance, Jon kept the evening progressing at an appropriate rate. After the formalities concluded, he kept the dance floor packed well into the wee hours of 2017! All we asked him to do was "read the crowd" and he did a great job making sure we had what we needed to have the time of our lives and show our guests a good time too.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Stephanie U

Jon is an awesome DJ! Travis and I enjoyed working with him throughout the whole process. He really listens to what his clients want and how they want the biggest party of their lives to go. He came with us to our final planning meeting and helped create the perfect timeline and... Read More wedding exit for us. It was so special to spend the list 2 minutes dancing alone on the dance floor to our first dance as everyone lined up for the grand exit. Jon kept the partying going and everyone HAD A BLAST!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Samantha H

Jon Bartlett with ReMix DJs was a fantastic DJ! Jon DJ'd our friend's wedding a few years ago and we reached out to him because we remembered what a fantastic job he did. Jon met with us to map out a detailed plan for the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. Jon did a great... Read More job of staying in contact with us throughout the wedding planning process and was very prepared the day of our wedding. We gave Jon a list of certain songs we liked, but he did a great job of sensing the crowd and playing what worked to keep our guests happy and on the dance floor! He wasn't just a guy operating a playlist--he MC'd the whole evening, but he did it without being on the mic a lot (which I liked!) The dance floor was full the entire night! Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 Dorothy G

Wow! What a party! The minute we met John from Remix DJs we knew we were in good hands. He came highly recommended by our wedding venue and it was immediately apparent why. John knew the venue extremely well and all of his suggestions were spot on. Particularly impressive was... Read More the care that he took to make sure we had all of our music requests met, no matter how bizarre. On the day of the wedding, John was on time, professional and a bunch of fun! He kept our wedding moving at a perfect pace and people stayed on the dance floor until the very last song!

Everybody LOVED the Music

Reviewed on 11/17/2015 Shannon M

I was originally going to hook up an iphone to some speakers as the "DJ" for my wedding. Then we talked to Jon Bartlett at ReMIX. By the end of the call, we knew we had to have Jon for our wedding. He was really great to work with, easy to get along with and made me feel at... Read More ease. I didn't ever worry about him during the entire wedding planning process. And all of my guests told me how much they LOVED the music. You might pay a little bit more for Jon, but it'll be worth it.

Best DJ in Town!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Rebecca H

Jon Bartlett with ReMix DJs was by far the BEST!! From the time my husband and I walked into the reception to the very end. Jon made us feel so comfortable and was always making sure that the music was on point. My guests couldn't believe the way he remixed all the music. I... Read More have been to quite a few family weddings and never have seen most of the guests stay all night long!! Thank you so much for all the hard work!!

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Becca F

Jon is AMAZING! He did a terrific job of keeping everyone on the dance floor all night long-from little people all the way up to the older folks, everyone was having a blast all night long! Every time I said I was going to go mingle with guests at the end of a song, I was... Read More always kept out there dancing because each and every song he played was so great. I met with Jon several times before the wedding to go over details and he checked in with myself and my husband throughout the night to make sure things were going well and that we were happy. Affordable, reliable, professional, and just simply sensational. Thank you so much Jon!!!

Reviewed on 9/11/2015 Kalinda M

Jon was exactly what we wanted in a DJ because he listened to our requests and made sure everything was going well throughout the night. We met with him multiple times prior to the wedding to review our preferences and he made sure he had the correct plan the week of the... Read More wedding. He had the entire party of 150 packed on the dance floor and made sure everyone had a great time. Jon also provided the sound for our ceremony and it all ran incredibly smoothly. We would recommend Remix DJs to anyone looking for a fun, caring, and talented DJ.

Reviewed on 7/29/2015 Christina R

Jon at ReMIX DJs was amazing to work with. He was extremely helpful, especially since we planned our wedding from out of town. He kept everyone on the dance floor the entire night and played the variety of genres we wanted. A little more than a month prior to our wedding, we... Read More discussed the time schedule of how we wanted the night to go (and as a bride without a wedding planner, this was so helpful!). He did a fantastic job keeping the night moving along from the very beginning (introducing the wedding party, announcing when to eat, and when to get your drinks ready for toasts, etc..). My husband is from the UK and wanted me to mention how great he thought Remix DJ's was from a foreigner's perspective, and we both highly recommend this company to any couple looking for the best DJ in KC.

Top-notch DJ

Reviewed on 6/21/2015 Alissa B

To put it simply, Jon is the man. He was incredible to work with prior to our wedding, and even better on the big day. He always made sure we knew what was going on, and was able to easily transition when we called audibles. All of our friends said the DJ was awesome, and my... Read More wife and I were in complete agreement. We highly recommend him.

Don't look anywhere else!

Reviewed on 4/21/2015 Ashley H

We used Jon for our wedding last year and I cannot say enough good things about him. We were recommended from two others who used him previously. Jon was professional, replied in a timely manner and always kept in touch - planning a wedding is stressful and when I lost track of... Read More things he always maintained contact to remind me of anything needed. He took time out of his day to meet me before the wedding to finalize any and everything I wanted. There were even details that I totally missed that he helped me with. Throughout our reception, he made sure to seek that we were happy and everything was flowing smoothly. On top of everything, he truly enjoys what he does and never makes you feel like you're being a pain. I couldn't recommend him enough and anytime someone asks, I send them straight to him. Thanks Jon! Jarrod and Ashley

Best part of our wedding!

Reviewed on 1/28/2015 Sarah N

Jon Bartlett at Remix DJs was simply the BEST part of our wedding. His professionalism, talent, customer service and personality cannot be matched. My husband and I originally thought we could take care of our wedding music etc. on our own. There are so many good programs &... Read More apps out there that we thought it wouldn't be hard & we could use it as an area to save some resources. Once we started planning however, we realized how important music was to us on our wedding day and how much it could impact the mood and vibe. We met with Jon after reading great reviews and new instantly that he was the best choice. Jon was so easy to work with, had great recommendations and basically made everything so painless for us. He did a fantastic job at our reception and kept everyone dancing the entire night. He was able to "read" our crowd and play music that continued to keep everyone engaged. We constantl receive compliments on our wedding and theres always comments on how fantastic our DJ was. If you're looking for a DJ & want impecable service, don't look any further.

Classy & Professional

Reviewed on 10/31/2014

Jon Bartlett and his crew at Remix DJs caught the attention of my fiance and I while we attended a wedding earlier this year. We knew immediately that they were the DJs we would hire. Jon Bartlett did the music and MC'd at our Wedding Reception this month. We were incredibly... Read More impressed with how professional and accommodating he was to our requests. He kept checking in with us throughout the night to make we were having fun and played only the songs we had agreed upon. We were truly blown away by the experience. So thankful that they were available and we will continue to recommend Jon Bartlett and his crew to all of our friends. Thanks guys!

JON IS THE BEST!!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Tara M

Jon totally brought the party and helped set the mood for our reception. All of our guests had SO MUCH FUN thanks to this amazing company. He brings all of his own lighting/equipment and is totally professional. Thanks Jon!

REmix DJ's

Reviewed on 10/07/2014 Allison M

Jon did an AWESOME job with our wedding. He kept the crowd on the dance floor and mixed up all the music for all groups of people to get down on the dance floor. He is awesome to work with and knows a lot about music. I would highly recommend him to a bride for their DJ.