Rev. Barbara Lodge / North Carolina Wedding Minister

Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill

For a beautiful ceremony that reflects your love

Rev. Barbara Lodge is an ordained Nondenominational minister who specializes in writing unique, personal ceremonies that reflect your love, your personality and your dreams for your future. Why have an ordinary ceremony when you can so easily have one that is memorable and extraordinary?

Civil Union, Commitment Ceremony, Vow Renewal Ceremony

Religious Affiliations

Christian, Interfaith

Ceremony, Wedding

Triangle area - Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill , Chapel Hill, NC Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill (919) 942-2808

A Ceremony We Will Never Forget

Reviewed on 11/17/2014 Kristen I

Reverend Barbara Lodge is absolutely incredible to work with. From the first time we met with her, we knew she was perfect to officiate our wedding ceremony. She understood our love story and respected all of the things that were important to us. She helped us to build the most... Read More beautiful wedding ceremony and it was more than we could've ever hoped and dreamed of. What you will love about working with Reverend Barbara Lodge is that she is an extraordinary listener and she will stop at nothing to help you achieve your vision for your big day. Whether it's coaching you through writing your own vows, helping you select the readings that convey the message you want, or assisting you with creating unique ceremonies that reflect the couple that you are, she's there to help! She's so thoughtful and caring and you can trust that she only wants the best wedding day for you, no matter what your vision is like. If you are worried that perhaps you can't find an officiant that will agree to have the ceremony you want, look no further because Reverend Barbara will respect your wishes. Perhaps you don't have a clue what type of ceremony you want. This was our case going into it! Reverend Barbara supplies you with this wonderful tool kit to help you craft your perfect ceremony. It has suggestions for mini-ceremonies, music selections, readings, vows, you name it. You won't regret having Reverend Barbara Lodge as a part of your big day. She brings so much to this process that others do not. We loved every moment working with her! Forever Grateful, Kristen and David

WONDERFUL!

Reviewed on 3/04/2015 Katelyn T

Rev. Lodge did an amazing job on our wedding ceremony. She took the time to get to know us and was able to create a personalized wedding ceremony that we absolutely loved. We couldn't have asked for a better officiant!

Beautiful Ceremony!

Reviewed on 10/09/2014 Katie O

Rev. Barbara Lodge is the best! After our first in-person meeting with Rev. Barbara, my new husband and I knew that we didn't want to be married by anyone else but her. From day one, she had been engaged in writing our love story for our ceremony. Not only was it beautifully... Read More written but she also helped us incorporate our special wine box ceremony during the wedding. She has a very warm and loving personality which helped put us at ease during our stressful wedding planning as well as on our wedding day. We received many complements from our friends and family regarding Rev. Barbara as she flawlessly directed our wedding rehearsal and ceremony. We are so happy that we chose Rev. Barbara to be a part of our special day. Thank you so much, Rev. Lodge!

Reviewed on 1/05/2017 Devon S

Barbara is absolutely amazing! Her calming demeanor and personal care for her Brides and Grooms show in everything she does. The way she took the time to get to know us as a couple was a true joy!

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Fearrington V

Barbara was absolutely phenomenal throughout this entire process. We chose the personalized ceremony and it was worth every penny (we would have paid even more!). She listened to what we wanted and she delivered in a beautiful way. She is organized and thoughtful. I cannot tell... Read More you the number of guests who commented during our reception on what a beautiful ceremony she conducted. Book Barbara for your wedding now!

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Danielle W

Our minister came highly recommended through Preston Woodall House, which was our venue. Rev Lodge met with us shortly after we set up an appointment with her to go over details for our wedding. The ceremony was truly unique; she allowed us to write and recite our own vows, and... Read More even embraced a Buddhist passage that I handpicked myself. She was very open and respectful towards our wishes and needs. We would definitely recommend her for any upcoming wedding!

Reviewed on 11/11/2016 Chelsea R

Barbara was more than amazing to work with and to also have as our officiant. From the first time we met her all the way to the end she was great. Working with her was so easy and she has so many amazing ideas to help customize your ceremony exactly how it fits the couple. She... Read More made us both feel at ease and never had to worry for a second that something could have gone wrong. My husband and I trusted her 100% and it turned out to be the most beautiful ceremony. Highly highly recommend her!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Anne B

I can not say enough great things about Rev Barbara. She was helpful and responsive during the planning period and performed a beautiful ceremony.

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Alexandria P

There is so much to say about Rev. Lodge, I don't know where to begin. The first thing you will notice about her is her calming, warm demeanor. She has such a spiritual and lovely presence about her, it instantly makes you feel at ease and makes the world feel like a more... Read More beautiful place. Immediately upon meeting her, we loved her and knew our guests would too. From there, it just kept getting better. She helped us create a perfectly tailored ceremony, just for us including several traditions we wanted our guests to share in. She took several hours with us to craft exactly what we were looking for. Finally, on the day of, she was a dream. Her speaking voice and demeanor are unparalleled, and everyone loved how quaint and well done the ceremony was. I am so thankful we found her, and would highly recommend her to anyone looking to have a ceremony full of love and heart.

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 Christopher L

Barbara is so sweet and was an absolute joy to work with. She makes you feel as if you have known her for years and welcomes you to her home for meetings. Rev. Barbara Lodge will simplify the process in preparation of your most special day and deliver a ceremony of the highest... Read More quality. From the moment we met with Rev. Lodge, we knew she was the right fit for our wedding day and we learned so much along the way. Our experience with what goes into a wedding ceremony was very minimal, but we were provided with an information that walked us through each part. She provides ideas for special ceremonies, vow structures and examples, as well as details on what paperwork is required to make things official. She was available for any questions that we encountered and truly opened our minds to putting together the perfect ceremony. I would recommend Rev. Lodge to anyone who is interesting in having a one-of-a-kind ceremony that will never be forgotten.

Reviewed on 8/24/2016 Rebecca C

Rev. Barbara was great to work with! She worked around our crazy schedules to find a time to get to know us over the phone, and then performed a beautiful ceremony that was exactly what we asked for. Her questionnaire helped me think through some of the details for the... Read More ceremony that I had not considered, as well as providing some helpful details regarding our marriage license.

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Rachel B

If you need an officiant to give you a secular and/or mixed ceremony, Rev. Lodge is a pleasure to work with. We found ourselves needing an officiant at the last minute, and Rev. Lodge was able to make time for us. Rev. Lodge helped us craft a ceremony that, as a friend put it,... Read More perfectly blended our creativity with the needs of our friends and family to feel included in our celebration. She was a big help pulling everything together, and I would recommend her to any couple in NC.

Reviewed on 6/07/2016 Lauren L

Reverend Lodge was the absolute perfect wedding officiant! She was incredibly kind, thoughtful, and helpful throughout the planning process, as well as on the wedding day. We were able to personalize our ceremony, and choose our own vows from a large selection that she provides.... Read More Our ceremony was amazing because of Reverend Lodge's professionalism, genuinely sweet nature, and ability to create a lifetime memory. We were able to have the ceremony and wedding of our dreams because of Reverend Lodge!

Reviewed on 6/01/2016

Rev Lodge was great. She helped us create a unique ceremony reflective of both of us and satisfying to the family members attending. Would definitely recommend!

Reviewed on 5/10/2016 kaitlin u

We absolutely loved having Barbara officiate our wedding. We live in New York and got married in Raleigh, so we had a lot of logistical hurdles, but she was happy to meet with us via Skype and was very responsive by email. She made sure we had every bit of information we needed... Read More for the marriage license process and wedding to go smoothly. She gave a beautiful welcome and the ceremony was very touching overall. She was flexible, allowing us to leave out the prayer and add in our own vows. She was so professional, sweet and calm during both the rehearsal and the ceremony, which was exactly the kind of energy we needed! She honestly felt like part of the family! We would absolutely recommend her to anyone in the area in need of an officiant.

Reviewed on 4/29/2016

Rev. Barb is a kind, gentle and loving woman, who truly loves people and does her best to give them exactly the wedding experience that they desire. She works with you every step of the way to assure the marriage ceremony meets all your needs. The quality of service is first... Read More rate, and we never had to wait longer than 24 hrs to get a response. The fee we paid was worth every penny.

Reviewed on 4/27/2016 Amy C

Rev. Lodge was simply a joy to work with. Even after a few brief meetings and conversations, she made our ceremony so personalized it was as if she had known us for years. Beyond the words she chose and the tone of our ceremony, she was so very genuine! We cant recommend Rev.... Read More Barbara enough! She will truly take the time to make sure your ceremony is just what you hoped it would be and she makes the entire process stress free !

Reviewed on 4/25/2016 Dawn B

Rev. Lodge is simply amazing. Her thoughtful nature, kind heart and loving spirit make her the perfect choice for any ceremony. Having the opportunity to work with Barbara one-on-one for our special ceremony truly made our wedding ceremony perfect. I would recommend her to... Read More any couple.

Reviewed on 4/05/2016 Paige G

Barbara Lodge was such a pleasure to work with. I was so nervous about having someone marry us that was not close to us or our family. The moment I met Barbara, that all changed. She welcomed us into her home and made us feel like we had known one another for years. I love the... Read More fact that she was going to personalize our ceremony to fit who we were. It was one of the most beautiful ceremonies I have ever heard. She put her heart and soul into making it one of a kind. She was always flexible and worked closely with us every step of the way. I would highly recommend her to anyone. She is an extremely special lady and I was honored to have her apart of my big day.

Reviewed on 12/18/2015

Rev. Barbara Lodge was everything we could have ever hoped for as our wedding officiant We happened to find her via our wedding coordinator where our ceremony took place. We were very lucky to be paired up with Barbara and she made our day an extraordinarily special one! It was... Read More an honor and privilege getting to know you Barbara and having you marry us! Many thanks again. Alex and Kristy

Best decision we could have made

Reviewed on 11/04/2015 Dana S

Barbara was recommended to me by our dj Randy of Joe Bunn. After researching her and reading reviews I reached out to her. She was timely and helpful in her responses. She sent a packet via mail for us to review and help showcase what she had to offer. We communicated via email... Read More at first and then set up a meeting at her home. It was very kind of her to open her home to my husband and I. We chose to do the specialized option as we are not a traditional couple and wanted our ceremony to be a true reflection of us. Barbara did not disappoint! Our meeting took longer than expected due to ideas just coming up and discussions we had to have that we hadn't thought about. She worked out every last detail of our ceremony so that it was exactly what we wanted. She sent us the ceremony in detail the week before the wedding for us to review and addend as needed, so we knew exactly what she was going to say and when. On the day of our wedding, she was amazing! She did not mispronounce any names, she spoke clearly and enunciated well. There was a minor mishap (that had nothing to do with her) and she was calm, cool, collected and had an immediate solution so none of our guests even knew it had occurred. We are so happy to have chosen Barbara and know that our day would not have been the same without her.

Reviewed on 10/07/2015

We highly recommend Barbara! She was a delight to work with and plan our custom ceremony. She was full of new and creative ideas, while still working with ours to create our perfect ceremony. She took the time to really match to our personalities and we were blessed to have... Read More her as our officiant!

Perfect!!!

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Giannina S

Reverend Lodge was perfect for us!!! She was sweet, prompt and professional. She crafted a beautiful ceremony that truly showed she took the time to listen to our needs and wants. She captured our essence and helped us stay true to our individual needs and our needs as a... Read More couple! She was open-hearted and non-judgmental. She respected our vision and enhanced it with her guidance and experience. The ceremony was everything we wanted it to be thanks to Rev. Lodge!

Reviewed on 9/18/2015 Rachel G

Rev. Barbara Lodge was an absolute joy to work with. She is extremely thorough and knowledgeable, from the first consultation, through all the stages of planning, and to the wedding itself. She is meticulously organized, and she kept things happily on track even during the... Read More moments when other people were spinning a little. She was prompt to answer all my questions and address any concern that arose. I could not have asked for a better officiant. On a side note, while I presume that the majority of her clients are more traditional couples, Rev. Lodge offers her services to gay couples (such as the close friends who recommended her to us) and to couples who prefer a secular ceremony (such as ourselves). My husband and I loved her. Our families loved her. I bet you'll love her too!

Reviewed on 8/30/2015 Kayley L

We are so thankful that Rev. Barbara Lodge performed our wedding ceremony. She is very open-minded, graceful, warm and sweet. We had a Asian/Western, secular wedding ceremony 7 days ago. And it was wonderful and memorable to all of us. Most people take a long time to do wedding... Read More planning, my entire planning needed to be done within 3 months, not to mention it's a long distance planning since we don't live in North Carolina. With the short notice, Rev. Barbara was very responsive and flexible. She was able to work with our schedules, explained all the ceremony details, answered our many questions, and provide useful resources. She sat with us to got to know our love story and tailored our passage. Thank you Rev. Barbara for giving us such a elegant and harmonious wedding!!!!!