Rev. Barbara Lodge / North Carolina Wedding Minister

Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill

For a beautiful ceremony that reflects your love

Rev. Barbara Lodge is an ordained Nondenominational minister who specializes in writing unique, personal ceremonies that reflect your love, your personality and your dreams for your future. Why have an ordinary ceremony when you can so easily have one that is memorable and extraordinary?

Religious Affiliations

Buddhist, Catholic, Orthodox, Anglican/Episcopal, Baptist, Lutheran, Methodist, Nondenominational, Pentecostal, Presbyterian, Protestant, Christian, Hindu, Interfaith, Jewish, Muslim, Pagan, Secular, Sikh, Spiritual, Unitarian, Wiccan

Ceremony, Wedding

Triangle area - Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill , Chapel Hill, NC Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill (919) 942-2808

Reviewed on 4/19/2017 Lindsay S

Rev. Barbara Lodge was the perfect choice for our wedding! She invites you to her home, walks you through the options, and works with you to create the perfect ceremony. We didn't have much of a vision for our ceremony walking in and were worried about choosing someone to... Read More perform our wedding that didn't have a personal relationship with us previously, but she alleviated those worries immediately upon our meeting. She is warm and welcoming and makes the ceremony reflect you 100%. She offers advice and listens to input to make sure you are happy with the message and feeling of the ceremony. She is professional, prompt, and thorough in all her communication. We received innumerable compliments about the ceremony afterwards! I cannot recommend her enough!!

Reviewed on 11/11/2016 Chelsea R

Barbara was more than amazing to work with and to also have as our officiant. From the first time we met her all the way to the end she was great. Working with her was so easy and she has so many amazing ideas to help customize your ceremony exactly how it fits the couple. She... Read More made us both feel at ease and never had to worry for a second that something could have gone wrong. My husband and I trusted her 100% and it turned out to be the most beautiful ceremony. Highly highly recommend her!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Alexandria P

There is so much to say about Rev. Lodge, I don't know where to begin. The first thing you will notice about her is her calming, warm demeanor. She has such a spiritual and lovely presence about her, it instantly makes you feel at ease and makes the world feel like a more... Read More beautiful place. Immediately upon meeting her, we loved her and knew our guests would too. From there, it just kept getting better. She helped us create a perfectly tailored ceremony, just for us including several traditions we wanted our guests to share in. She took several hours with us to craft exactly what we were looking for. Finally, on the day of, she was a dream. Her speaking voice and demeanor are unparalleled, and everyone loved how quaint and well done the ceremony was. I am so thankful we found her, and would highly recommend her to anyone looking to have a ceremony full of love and heart.

Reviewed on 11/17/2017 Taylor H

Hiring Reverend Barbara Lodge was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding! She completely customized our ceremony and made it very special for us. We did not want a generic ceremony and she spent a lot of time going over our options and readings with us to make it fit... Read More perfectly with our expectations. We are over the moon with how it turned out! Barbara is very kind and sincere, her calmness and direction helped me get through my vows and the ceremony itself. I couldn't imagine having anyone else! Thank you for everything!

Reviewed on 10/21/2017 Erin S

Barbara is amazing. 6 stars out of 5. Hell, 10 stars out of 5. My wife and I found Barbara from a recommended vendors list from our ceremony musicians. We felt immediately positive about Barbara from her website, as she is very inclusive, and we are a same sex couple. Barbara... Read More helped us build a ceremony from scratch that threaded a beautiful balance between our feelings (atheistic/scientists) and that of our families - who are more religious. Barbara helped us to achieve our goal of including prayer in our ceremony to make our very loving and religious families feel at home while keeping the ceremony mostly secular, in accordance to the desires of me and my wife. Barbara achieved that balance in a way we could not have done without her. Our whole family and our friends - religious, atheist, spiritual but not religious, and everyone in between - thought the ceremony Barbara wrote was beautiful and perfect for us. Because it was! The ceremony she wrote was gorgeous, and she happily incorporated our many ideas and readings. Barbara was also incredibly responsive during the whole period leading up to wedding - and we booked her over a year in advance. Our words fail us when trying to describe how great Barbara is. Words don't do this amazing officiant justice. We are not religious, but she brought a beautiful and spiritual sense to our ceremony that I am sure would have been lacking with anyone else - She is an incredibly & authentically kind, good natured, and empathetic human and that informs her ability to write beautiful and authentic wedding ceremonies. In case you couldn't tell - yes we recommend Barbara very highly. Thank you, Barbara, again. So much love.

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Missy Z

Rev Barbara Lodge was a dream to work with. She will make whatever ceremony the couple desires. During the rehearsal she had so many tips for how to remember the stages of the ceremony, we ended up needing all of her cues because we were an emotional mess the day of. She is... Read More really wonderful. I would recommend her to anyone.

Reviewed on 8/18/2017 Martha J

Barbara was amazing! She helped us every step of the way. She allows you to plan your perfect wedding ceremony. If you are creative, you can write your on vowels and wedding. If you are like me however, she gives you plenty of material to choose from. She gave us wonderful... Read More ideas to include our combined families as well. She is kind and compassionate, and it shows through in her ceremony!

Reviewed on 4/20/2017 Nelson C

Rev Barbara Lodge was so easy and pleasurable to work with. Her personalized ceremony and vows were right on, as she tailors the event to your desires. We could not have asked for a better experience. I would highly recommend Rev Lodge if you are looking for a wedding... Read More minister..\

Reviewed on 4/11/2017 Jessi C

Barbara was awesome! The first time we met with her, she was very warm and friendly, and was very clear about her services. She was completely professional and led our rehearsal. She was very prepared, and totally listened to what we wanted and needed from her on our wedding... Read More day. I would definitely recommend her!

Reviewed on 1/05/2017 Devon S

Barbara is absolutely amazing! Her calming demeanor and personal care for her Brides and Grooms show in everything she does. The way she took the time to get to know us as a couple was a true joy!

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Fearrington V

Barbara was absolutely phenomenal throughout this entire process. We chose the personalized ceremony and it was worth every penny (we would have paid even more!). She listened to what we wanted and she delivered in a beautiful way. She is organized and thoughtful. I cannot tell... Read More you the number of guests who commented during our reception on what a beautiful ceremony she conducted. Book Barbara for your wedding now!

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Danielle W

Our minister came highly recommended through Preston Woodall House, which was our venue. Rev Lodge met with us shortly after we set up an appointment with her to go over details for our wedding. The ceremony was truly unique; she allowed us to write and recite our own vows, and... Read More even embraced a Buddhist passage that I handpicked myself. She was very open and respectful towards our wishes and needs. We would definitely recommend her for any upcoming wedding!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Anne B

I can not say enough great things about Rev Barbara. She was helpful and responsive during the planning period and performed a beautiful ceremony.

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 Christopher L

Barbara is so sweet and was an absolute joy to work with. She makes you feel as if you have known her for years and welcomes you to her home for meetings. Rev. Barbara Lodge will simplify the process in preparation of your most special day and deliver a ceremony of the highest... Read More quality. From the moment we met with Rev. Lodge, we knew she was the right fit for our wedding day and we learned so much along the way. Our experience with what goes into a wedding ceremony was very minimal, but we were provided with an information that walked us through each part. She provides ideas for special ceremonies, vow structures and examples, as well as details on what paperwork is required to make things official. She was available for any questions that we encountered and truly opened our minds to putting together the perfect ceremony. I would recommend Rev. Lodge to anyone who is interesting in having a one-of-a-kind ceremony that will never be forgotten.

Reviewed on 8/24/2016 Rebecca C

Rev. Barbara was great to work with! She worked around our crazy schedules to find a time to get to know us over the phone, and then performed a beautiful ceremony that was exactly what we asked for. Her questionnaire helped me think through some of the details for the... Read More ceremony that I had not considered, as well as providing some helpful details regarding our marriage license.

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Rachel B

If you need an officiant to give you a secular and/or mixed ceremony, Rev. Lodge is a pleasure to work with. We found ourselves needing an officiant at the last minute, and Rev. Lodge was able to make time for us. Rev. Lodge helped us craft a ceremony that, as a friend put it,... Read More perfectly blended our creativity with the needs of our friends and family to feel included in our celebration. She was a big help pulling everything together, and I would recommend her to any couple in NC.

Reviewed on 6/07/2016 Lauren L

Reverend Lodge was the absolute perfect wedding officiant! She was incredibly kind, thoughtful, and helpful throughout the planning process, as well as on the wedding day. We were able to personalize our ceremony, and choose our own vows from a large selection that she provides.... Read More Our ceremony was amazing because of Reverend Lodge's professionalism, genuinely sweet nature, and ability to create a lifetime memory. We were able to have the ceremony and wedding of our dreams because of Reverend Lodge!

Reviewed on 6/01/2016

Rev Lodge was great. She helped us create a unique ceremony reflective of both of us and satisfying to the family members attending. Would definitely recommend!

Reviewed on 5/10/2016 kaitlin u

We absolutely loved having Barbara officiate our wedding. We live in New York and got married in Raleigh, so we had a lot of logistical hurdles, but she was happy to meet with us via Skype and was very responsive by email. She made sure we had every bit of information we needed... Read More for the marriage license process and wedding to go smoothly. She gave a beautiful welcome and the ceremony was very touching overall. She was flexible, allowing us to leave out the prayer and add in our own vows. She was so professional, sweet and calm during both the rehearsal and the ceremony, which was exactly the kind of energy we needed! She honestly felt like part of the family! We would absolutely recommend her to anyone in the area in need of an officiant.

Reviewed on 4/29/2016

Rev. Barb is a kind, gentle and loving woman, who truly loves people and does her best to give them exactly the wedding experience that they desire. She works with you every step of the way to assure the marriage ceremony meets all your needs. The quality of service is first... Read More rate, and we never had to wait longer than 24 hrs to get a response. The fee we paid was worth every penny.

Reviewed on 4/27/2016 Amy C

Rev. Lodge was simply a joy to work with. Even after a few brief meetings and conversations, she made our ceremony so personalized it was as if she had known us for years. Beyond the words she chose and the tone of our ceremony, she was so very genuine! We cant recommend Rev.... Read More Barbara enough! She will truly take the time to make sure your ceremony is just what you hoped it would be and she makes the entire process stress free !

Reviewed on 4/25/2016 Dawn B

Rev. Lodge is simply amazing. Her thoughtful nature, kind heart and loving spirit make her the perfect choice for any ceremony. Having the opportunity to work with Barbara one-on-one for our special ceremony truly made our wedding ceremony perfect. I would recommend her to... Read More any couple.

Reviewed on 4/05/2016 Paige G

Barbara Lodge was such a pleasure to work with. I was so nervous about having someone marry us that was not close to us or our family. The moment I met Barbara, that all changed. She welcomed us into her home and made us feel like we had known one another for years. I love the... Read More fact that she was going to personalize our ceremony to fit who we were. It was one of the most beautiful ceremonies I have ever heard. She put her heart and soul into making it one of a kind. She was always flexible and worked closely with us every step of the way. I would highly recommend her to anyone. She is an extremely special lady and I was honored to have her apart of my big day.

Reviewed on 12/18/2015

Rev. Barbara Lodge was everything we could have ever hoped for as our wedding officiant We happened to find her via our wedding coordinator where our ceremony took place. We were very lucky to be paired up with Barbara and she made our day an extraordinarily special one! It was... Read More an honor and privilege getting to know you Barbara and having you marry us! Many thanks again. Alex and Kristy

Best decision we could have made

Reviewed on 11/04/2015 Dana S

Barbara was recommended to me by our dj Randy of Joe Bunn. After researching her and reading reviews I reached out to her. She was timely and helpful in her responses. She sent a packet via mail for us to review and help showcase what she had to offer. We communicated via email... Read More at first and then set up a meeting at her home. It was very kind of her to open her home to my husband and I. We chose to do the specialized option as we are not a traditional couple and wanted our ceremony to be a true reflection of us. Barbara did not disappoint! Our meeting took longer than expected due to ideas just coming up and discussions we had to have that we hadn't thought about. She worked out every last detail of our ceremony so that it was exactly what we wanted. She sent us the ceremony in detail the week before the wedding for us to review and addend as needed, so we knew exactly what she was going to say and when. On the day of our wedding, she was amazing! She did not mispronounce any names, she spoke clearly and enunciated well. There was a minor mishap (that had nothing to do with her) and she was calm, cool, collected and had an immediate solution so none of our guests even knew it had occurred. We are so happy to have chosen Barbara and know that our day would not have been the same without her.