Hampton Roads #1 Rated Wedding Pastor

Pastor Cory has married over 1200 couples throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia and North Carolina. He's the wedding planner's choice because he's energetic, funny, and helps make the the ceremony a memorable one, not dry or boring. Additional, he's young, fit, and educated. No one likes boring!

Religious Affiliations

Christian, Interfaith

Ceremony, Wedding

Virginia and North Carolina (757) 876-4920

Reviewed on 6/16/2017

Rev. Cory was AMAZING! He officiated our wedding on 6/9 and he was everything we could have hoped for and more! I planned our wedding from across the country and Cory took the time to Skype with us a few months before so we could officially meet, and get to know each other... Read More better. He made our ceremony so personal, fun and interactive. I received multiple compliments on him after the wedding from our guests. You can tell that Cory lives to marry people, he is so passionate in his words, and shares in the excitement with everyone else. Cory was definitely the icing on the cake for our wedding!

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Josh W

Corey was absolutely amazing!! All night everyone would come up and tell us how great the ceremony was and how awesome and fun he was! He absolutely hit what we were looking for in our ceremony. Very interactive and had everyone engaged the whole time! I couldn't have asked for... Read More a better officiant than him! If I could give more stars I would quadruple these at least! It was fun, loving, serious, thoughtful and all around the most amazing ceremony. If you are getting married this is the man you need!

Reviewed on 5/21/2017 Kelly D

Cory married my husband Zac and I on May 13th 2017. We could not have asked for anyone better! He was so amazing. We wanted someone that would tell a story, make the ceremony fun and engage our attendants and that is EXACTLY what we got AND MORE!! Everyone all night kept coming... Read More up to us and telling us how absolutely amazing he was and how much fun the actual ceremony was. He definatly goes above and beyond!! Cory, we adore you and thank you so much for making our wedding day absolutely perfect!!

Reviewed on 6/26/2017

Rev. Cory performed the ceremony for our daughter last week. He did a phenomenal job with all of our last minute changes. He made the ceremony sweet and personal in light of not getting to meet with them prior to the ceremony. He is the GREATEST!

Reviewed on 6/17/2017 Ashley J

Pastor Cory is awesome!! He took the time to get to know my husband and I and our story and did an amazing job in sharing it with our friends and family. My husband and I were so glad that we chose Pastor Cory to marry us!

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Mick M

I couldn't ask for a better wedding officiant than Rev. Cory, he made for an incredible and unique experience! He knows how to make a ceremony fun, and all our guests couldn't stop talking about how special he made everything. Thank you Cory!

Reviewed on 6/14/2017

Rev. Cory did a great job preparing and executing the ceremony. Everyone who was there enjoyed it and had nothing but good things to say about him!

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Katherine B

Pastor Cory exceeded our wildest dreams. He perfectly matched our personalities and kept the event fun while intimate and romantic all at the same time. His special touches for our parents had everyone instantly in tears! He understood the level of spirituality we wanted... Read More perfectly and everything was absolutely perfect. All night long we received compliments on the Pastor and everyone wanted to know where we found such an awesome officiant that fit us so perfectly. He truly made our day special and perfect!

Reviewed on 5/12/2017 Amanda W

I would definitely recommend him. Everyone thought he was great and he did a really good job incorporating everything that we wanted in the service. Made it a fun wedding :)

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 Tamara M

Pastor Cory married us on May 6th and we could not have been happier with his services! Our families gave us so many compliments about how wonderful he was. From the rehearsal straight through the wedding ceremony itself he had everyone laughing and kept an excited and upbeat... Read More attitude. We could not have made a better choice by hiring Pastor Cory. We met with him a few months before the wedding to plan the ceremony and he remembered all the details and shared a beautiful love story with our family and friends. He gave us so many options to customize our ceremony and make it our own. Look no further for your officiant!

Reviewed on 4/28/2017 Laney H

Can I say Amazing!! Rev. Cory Newell will definitely show his love and passion. Our ceremony was absolutely perfect. My husband and I were very nervous, but Cory made us feel very comfortable and everything just flowed so smoothly. I have received so many compliments about him.... Read More I highly recommend.

Reviewed on 4/27/2017 Shannon P

Rev Cory really was a pleasure to work with, going out of his way to meet with us and take the time to make our ceremony as special and unique as our love. I would highly recommend him to anyone who is looking for a professional, charismatic, and enthusiastic officiant who is... Read More willing to go above and beyond to celebrate you as a couple.

Reviewed on 3/09/2017 Sarah M

Pastor Cory was wonderful! He really helped make our wedding day extra special.

Reviewed on 1/31/2017 Montana S

Absolutely incredible! 5 stars all the way! He helped us on our last minute wedding and really just made our wedding day! The vibe that he had during the whole wedding truly made everyone enjoy the occasion even more! Everyone at our wedding had extremely nice words to say about... Read More him. I would/ will recommend him to everyone who is getting married! Thank you again Reverend Cory!!

Reviewed on 12/27/2016 Kirsten P

I booked Pastor Cory based on a friend's recommendation, and he was the perfect officiant for our wedding day. He really took the time to get to know us prior to our wedding day, and he personalized our ceremony to incorporate what was most important to us as a couple. He has a... Read More true gift for balancing poignant moments with the fun moments and MAD bonus points that our friends and family were entertained and engaged throughout the ceremony.

Reviewed on 12/11/2016 Kaitlin H

Cory married James and I on 12/3/2016. I can't say enough good things about him! He was so entertaining and his words were so special and came from the heart. He personalized the entire ceremony for James and I and we feel so lucky to have had him play such a huge role in our... Read More best day ever. He kept every one of our guests entertained, even on a cool December afternoon. He was also an MVP at our rehearsal--so professional and engaging with our bridal party and family! Everything ran so smoothly, and I couldn't have asked for a better pastor to marry us.

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Jessica M

Pastor Cory is absolutely amazing! With less than 2 weeks notice, he happily agreed to marry my husband and I in a small private elopement. He was so accomodating, flexible, friendly and kind. I would highly highly recommend Pastor Cory to officiate your wedding!

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Glen N

Cory was truly a class act. He was a pleasure to work with. Gave us direction but kept it original to our unique story. He kept the crowd engaged, smiling and all about our special day. It was a great day.

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Glen N

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Sarah H

Cory gave us the best wedding ceremony we could have asked for. He captured our story and was able to tell it perfectly to our guests. Our ceremony had a touch of religion, humor, and romance, just what we were looking for. He was always just an email away for any questions and... Read More changes. If you are looking for an officiant, look no further!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Jordan E

Cory did an amazing job on our ceremony! He kept us and our guests entertained, which was very important to us. We wanted an officiant that was a reflection of us and Cory was just that. Many of our guests complimented us on the ceremony and how much fun it was. Also, he was... Read More very flexible with us when Hurricane Matthew decided to come on our wedding day! We moved everything up one day and he was able to work with us!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Jeff F

Rev. Cory was a great choice for us. He met with us twice and got to know us face-to-face and by e-mail. Our wedding crowd loved him and the way he conducted our ceremony. We heard repeatedly afterwards how much they liked his presentation and where did we find him. We didn't... Read More want our ceremony ladened with tradition but wanted something fun and unusual. He was a pleasure to work with and a delight to have at our wedding. I would highly recommend him to anyone! Thank you Cory!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Jennifer S

Cory was AMAZING! Not only did he go above and beyond for us but our guests and other vendors raved about him. He is very upbeat and energetic. He truly personalizes your ceremony and he got our family and friends involved. He took into consideration photo opportunities which is... Read More wonderful. I would recommend Cory over and over again! You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 9/09/2016 Allison Z

Pastor Cory is amazing. I am so happy we chose him for our wedding ceremony. He was easy to work with and most of all made our ceremony fun and enjoyable. It may sound biased coming from the Bride that I think my wedding ceremony was the best I have ever attended so I'll let the... Read More words of my guests be the true testimony. Just about every single one of our guests commented on how great he was, that our ceremony was fun, interesting, enjoyable and they loved his enthusiasm. One guest even said they never pay attention at the ceremony but listened to everything Pastor Cory had to say. If you want to wow your guests and have a memorable ceremony, then you need Pastor Cory.

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Sarah S

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Rev. Cory Newell. Even with a weeks notice for our elopement, he still took the time to not only get to know us but our story as well. He brings so much love and thoughtfulness to the ceremony, but also a touch of humor to lighten the... Read More mood which was fantastic. I very highly recommend him.

Rev. Cory Newell

Cory loves Christ, the church, campus ministry, non profits, business organization, marketing, contract law, his family|friends and hiking. He tries real hard to love much, to share everything, and to mobilize many. Cory has his Master of Arts in Religion from Liberty Theological Seminary and resides in Newport News, Va when not traveling. He wears many hats for several ministries, businesses, and non profits including dishwasher, door greeter, teacher, and leader. Cory is not your momma's pastor and offers the most fun, energetic, and non traditional events you've experienced. Everyone wins