Hampton Roads #1 Rated Wedding Pastor

Pastor Cory has married over 1200 couples throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia and North Carolina. He's the wedding planner's choice because he's energetic, funny, and helps make the the ceremony a memorable one, not dry or boring. Additional, he's young, fit, and educated. No one likes boring!

Religious Affiliations

Christian, Interfaith

Ceremony, Wedding

Virginia and North Carolina (757) 876-4920

Reviewed on 6/16/2017

Rev. Cory was AMAZING! He officiated our wedding on 6/9 and he was everything we could have hoped for and more! I planned our wedding from across the country and Cory took the time to Skype with us a few months before so we could officially meet, and get to know each other... Read More better. He made our ceremony so personal, fun and interactive. I received multiple compliments on him after the wedding from our guests. You can tell that Cory lives to marry people, he is so passionate in his words, and shares in the excitement with everyone else. Cory was definitely the icing on the cake for our wedding!

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Josh W

Corey was absolutely amazing!! All night everyone would come up and tell us how great the ceremony was and how awesome and fun he was! He absolutely hit what we were looking for in our ceremony. Very interactive and had everyone engaged the whole time! I couldn't have asked for... Read More a better officiant than him! If I could give more stars I would quadruple these at least! It was fun, loving, serious, thoughtful and all around the most amazing ceremony. If you are getting married this is the man you need!

Reviewed on 5/21/2017 Kelly D

Cory married my husband Zac and I on May 13th 2017. We could not have asked for anyone better! He was so amazing. We wanted someone that would tell a story, make the ceremony fun and engage our attendants and that is EXACTLY what we got AND MORE!! Everyone all night kept coming... Read More up to us and telling us how absolutely amazing he was and how much fun the actual ceremony was. He definatly goes above and beyond!! Cory, we adore you and thank you so much for making our wedding day absolutely perfect!!

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Megan W

You cannot go wrong with this choice. Pastor Cory is amazing - he instantly makes you feel comfortable, creates a unique, personalized ceremony, and makes it fun and special for everyone involved. We were so happy with our ceremony and all of our guests continue to comment how... Read More awesome it was. Highly recommend!!!!

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Daniel E

Cory was absolutely amazing! He was very thorough when telling our story and his energy was electric! Everyone at our wedding adored him and he made us feel very comfortable. We were laughing, crying (in a good way) and felt surrounded by love. He is very professional and we... Read More couldn't be happier! He's #1 in Virginia for a reason!!!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Lisa E

Cory was the best! I am so happy that he was part of the happiest day of our lives! He was very personal and made sure we were both relaxed! I couldn't think of another person that I would want to bless our family and our marriage! Thank you Cory!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Kristen J

Cory is the man! He took the time and care to do exactly as we requested, and was very helpful and personal the whole time. He went out of his way to help coordinate us through the ceremony and it helped a lot! He was very punctual and professional, and I highly recommend him to... Read More anyone planning a wedding. So long as you want to have fun!

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Mica O

Corey was AMAZING! He was so energetic and such a joy to have! All of our guests raved about his attitude and energy, they loved the fact that he got the guests involved during the ceremony. Most people cant wait for the ceremony to be over, but my husband and I AND our guests... Read More wanted the ceremony to never end! Thank you so much Corey for making our ceremony unforgettable!

Reviewed on 9/30/2017 Krystle H

Cory! Thank you so much for everything! Our ceremony was definitely one of a kind, thanks to your high energy and fantastic ideas about incorporating certain things. Our guests loved you. Tons of laughs, tears and cheers! Cory was prompt, professional and always got back to me... Read More with any questions I may have had! If you want a ceremony that won’t bore your guests...I highly recommend Cory.

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Ashley G

Cory was an amazing officiant. He met with us and from day one made us feel so comfortable. We also did premarital counseling with him and we felt that he really got to know us and gave us the tools to begin our marriage. Our guests were talking about how great he was and will... Read More be for years to come.

Reviewed on 9/08/2017 Katie C

Pastor Cory was the absolute best choice for our wedding. His services are professional, timely, personalized and FUN - he truly created a personalized ceremony that was special to everyone who participated. During the reception guests kept raving about his passion and the... Read More unique ceremony they'd witnessed. Of course we will never forget our wedding day, but I don't think our guests will either. If you're looking for a ceremony that celebrates your love story in a unique and personal way, Pastor Cory is the only choice. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 8/16/2017 Kathy B

Reverend Newell is great!! Made us laugh and cry, but most of all comfortable. Guests loved how relaxed it was.

Reviewed on 8/06/2017 Leslie V

Rev. Cory was truly a blessing to have as our wedding officiant. His relaxed yet poised demeanor was just what this overly anxious and nervous bride needed! I was totally unprepared yet Pastor Cory helped everything flow as if we had rehearsed it over and over. I truly enjoyed... Read More our simple and sweet wedding. Thank you!

Reviewed on 7/23/2017 Gerald H

Very professional. Positive and polite and fun! Proactive...able to read our moments of uncertainty and moved to offer solutions. Systematically and accurately identified our personalities, likes, dislikes to produce a service that was customized for us and truly grasped who we... Read More are as a couple. Produced a tailored ceremony that involved all our family & guests. If you have an opportunity to book him for your event and you don't you've made a big mistake!

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Carter C

Cory was absolutely amazing! We were having a family friend officiate, and he ended up getting very sick and had to cancel only 2 months before our wedding date! We were scrambling to find an officiant that was available and one that fit with our needs. We met Cory and instantly... Read More knew that he would be perfect for our special day! He made our ceremony as fun and romantic as we are as a couple, and we will cherish that memory forever! His attention to detail was AMAZING, and his help with planning the ceremony details was key. We highly recommend him to any couple looking for someone special to help them being their journey of marriage!

Reviewed on 7/15/2017 Alyssa R

Cory was outstanding!! He really took the time to get to know us as a couple and our love story. He was very professional. So many of our guests said how much they enjoyed the ceremony and they all had such positive things to say about Cory. He knows how to have fun but also... Read More tells such great advice. I 100% recommend him for your rehearsal & ceremony. I was more confident in the ceremony after having the rehearsal. Right before the wedding, he checked on both Tyler and I in our respective suites to see if we needed anything. We could not have picked a better officiant! Absolutely wonderful!!

Reviewed on 6/26/2017

Rev. Cory performed the ceremony for our daughter last week. He did a phenomenal job with all of our last minute changes. He made the ceremony sweet and personal in light of not getting to meet with them prior to the ceremony. He is the GREATEST!

Reviewed on 6/17/2017 Ashley J

Pastor Cory is awesome!! He took the time to get to know my husband and I and our story and did an amazing job in sharing it with our friends and family. My husband and I were so glad that we chose Pastor Cory to marry us!

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Mick M

I couldn't ask for a better wedding officiant than Rev. Cory, he made for an incredible and unique experience! He knows how to make a ceremony fun, and all our guests couldn't stop talking about how special he made everything. Thank you Cory!

Reviewed on 6/14/2017

Rev. Cory did a great job preparing and executing the ceremony. Everyone who was there enjoyed it and had nothing but good things to say about him!

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Katherine B

Pastor Cory exceeded our wildest dreams. He perfectly matched our personalities and kept the event fun while intimate and romantic all at the same time. His special touches for our parents had everyone instantly in tears! He understood the level of spirituality we wanted... Read More perfectly and everything was absolutely perfect. All night long we received compliments on the Pastor and everyone wanted to know where we found such an awesome officiant that fit us so perfectly. He truly made our day special and perfect!

Reviewed on 5/12/2017 Amanda W

I would definitely recommend him. Everyone thought he was great and he did a really good job incorporating everything that we wanted in the service. Made it a fun wedding :)

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 Tamara M

Pastor Cory married us on May 6th and we could not have been happier with his services! Our families gave us so many compliments about how wonderful he was. From the rehearsal straight through the wedding ceremony itself he had everyone laughing and kept an excited and upbeat... Read More attitude. We could not have made a better choice by hiring Pastor Cory. We met with him a few months before the wedding to plan the ceremony and he remembered all the details and shared a beautiful love story with our family and friends. He gave us so many options to customize our ceremony and make it our own. Look no further for your officiant!

Reviewed on 4/28/2017 Laney H

Can I say Amazing!! Rev. Cory Newell will definitely show his love and passion. Our ceremony was absolutely perfect. My husband and I were very nervous, but Cory made us feel very comfortable and everything just flowed so smoothly. I have received so many compliments about him.... Read More I highly recommend.

Reviewed on 4/27/2017 Shannon P

Rev Cory really was a pleasure to work with, going out of his way to meet with us and take the time to make our ceremony as special and unique as our love. I would highly recommend him to anyone who is looking for a professional, charismatic, and enthusiastic officiant who is... Read More willing to go above and beyond to celebrate you as a couple.

Rev. Cory Newell

Cory loves Christ, the church, campus ministry, non profits, business organization, marketing, contract law, his family|friends and hiking. He tries real hard to love much, to share everything, and to mobilize many. Cory has his Master of Arts in Religion from Liberty Theological Seminary and resides in Newport News, Va when not traveling. He wears many hats for several ministries, businesses, and non profits including dishwasher, door greeter, teacher, and leader. Cory is not your momma's pastor and offers the most fun, energetic, and non traditional events you've experienced. Everyone wins