Rev. Jude Smith - Interfaith Minister

Hudson Valley, NYC, CT, Westchester

Handcrafted Ceremonies that Touch the Heart

I enjoy working with people of all faiths, preferences and spiritual paths, especially if you feel spiritual but not religious. Not sure what you’re looking for in a ceremony? I adore leading couples through the possibilities as we create, together, a ceremony that you and your guests will remember.

Religious Affiliations

Buddhist, Catholic, Nondenominational, Protestant, Quaker, Christian, Hindu, Interfaith, Conservative, Reform, Jewish, Muslim, Pagan, Secular, Sikh, Spiritual, Unitarian, Wiccan

Ceremony, Wedding

PO BOX 45, Rhinebeck, NY
Hudson Valley, NYC, CT, Westchester

Wonderful & Magical

Reviewed on 10/02/2013

We feel so lucky and grateful to have had Rev. Jude Smith officiate our wedding. We wanted a wedding ceremony that was non-denominational yet still had weight and warmth to it. Rev. Jude helped us build a moving, transcendental and truly magical wedding ceremony. Rev.... Read More Jude helped us navigate the seemingly intimidating landscape of building our wedding ceremony. She provided a clear, calming road map for us - giving us solid logistical help on wrangling our large bridal party and families as well as endless resources of poems and vows to handcraft a wedding ceremony perfect for us. Our families were all so moved by the ceremony - many commented that it was so personal and warm we must have known Rev. Jude for years. But in fact we had worked with Rev. Jude remotely for just a couple weeks leading up to the wedding. This is testament to the warmth and sensitivity she brings to her work and her amazing aptitude to get to the heart of relationship, fully celebrating and honoring that relationship with a uniquely crafted wedding ceremony. She created a magical and loving foundation to build our marriage on and we could not be happier!

Made everything so easy

Reviewed on 10/09/2013 Tracy K

Rev. Jude Smith officiating our wedding was the best experience. She made was there when either of us had any questions and or concerns. She was very accommodating and enthusiastic even when she found out that we wanted to get married at Lake Minnewaska. Being out of state... Read More made things a bit more difficult. But with Rev. Jude we knew that the ceremony was going to be the easy part. Thank you Rev. Jude for all of your help and suggestions. You made this a memorable life event and something that we will never forget! Tracy & Michelle

Simply Perfect

Reviewed on 10/01/2013 Stefanie P

The warmth I feel from taking the time to remember the most beautiful moments of our wedding is a clear indication of just how special it was... Rev. Jude took the time to understand my husband and I. She created a ceremony that was inclusive and focused on love. She included... Read More our traditions, our characteristics, listened to our apprehensions and concerns and advised us lovingly. It couldn't have been any better than it would be impossible. We are blessed with radiant love and we found someone who could channel it beautifully. She will take her time with you and is organized and detail oriented. I highly recommend Rev. Jude as I know she values each and every union she performs.

Reviewed on 11/28/2015 Lindsay

Rev Jude was absolutely incredible. She took so much time to get to know us as a couple and it showed in our ceremony. She has such a gift at really capturing the love and warmth and made our wedding so beautiful! We are so happy we chose Rev Jude for our ceremony!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Julie

I cannot imagine a better person to serve as our officiant than Rev Jude Smith. She is the most wonderful person—who guided us step by step through the process of creating an absolutely magical wedding ceremony. Rev Jude took the time to get to know us as individuals and... Read More pushed us to take the time to express our feelings for each other in writing (an exercise you will cherish in the end). On the day of our ceremony Rev Jude’s energy was a point of warmth and comfort. She focused us and guided us through the most loving ceremony imaginable. Our wedding day was picture perfect and the 1# highlight was our ceremony with Rev Jude. We are honored to tell friends and family that Rev Jude Smith united us in marriage. We plan to stay in touch with Rev Jude and appreciate knowing her.

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Ira S

We found Jude after a few mishaps with a close friend who was supposed to officiate. However, I believe the stars aligned in connecting us with Jude. I was initially uneasy at the prospect of a "stranger" officiate but after my first phone call with Jude I felt like I was... Read More talking to an old friend. She brings an authentic warmth, love and care to the process of crafting a ceremony that transcended what I thought was possible in a ceremony. Each time we met in the (very thorough!) process, I felt more and more connected to my now-wife. On the day of the wedding, Jude's knack for planning and logistics set me at ease and our guests were truly invited to connect with our love and union. There was not a dry eye in the house! I can't recommend Jude enough.

Reviewed on 10/15/2015

Jude is a rare and wonderful gem. My wife and I are both nonreligious, and wanted to have a ceremony that reflected that while still focusing on the love and spiritual connection that brought us together. Our first (Skype!) meeting I think we were slightly skeptical that we... Read More would be able to really get a sense of Jude, but it was immediately apparent that her warmth came easily and sincerely. Our earlier choices to perform the ceremony, who were friends of ours, had fallen through, and we had only a few short weeks to find someone. Jude worked with us to help us de-clutter our minds while we planned our ceremony and our vows, and to pull away from all the stresses that come before a wedding. Finding those delicate moments of peace together, with Jude's calming presence, really gave us the boost we needed to feel we were on the right track. The day came, and Jude really helped to guide us and keep us centered on each other amidst all the family and friends, reminding us that this was a shared and special moment between two souls, and that we should honor that together. It was an incredibly beautiful wedding, and we would recommend Jude greatly!

Reviewed on 10/11/2015 Sarah H

Rev. Jude was wonderful. She took the time to get to know us as a couple, meeting us in person and virtually in the months prior to our wedding. Jude provided us guidance to help craft an attainable framework, and then collaborated with us to achieve all the magic, elegance, and... Read More spiritual depth we needed for our ceremony. On the day Jude was focused and punctual, and she orchestrated the service so the participants could relax as much as possible. The result was a wonderful blend of ease, practicality, and uniqueness. We would highly recommend Rev. Jude for an unforgettable ceremony!

Reviewed on 10/07/2015

Jude has a way of connecting with everyone. She has a warmth about her and she expresses herself very clearly. Many of my guests commented how heartfelt and personal our ceremony was and how they wanted to hear her every word because it held that much meaning. I, as the... Read More bride, knew the ceremony we put together would represent how I felt in a very personal way. Jude's voice and steadiness gave me an assurance and a strong sense of self that allowed my wedding ceremony to be meaningful, representative of me, and just a moment of joy because I could be present, and not caught in a bundle of nerves. Jude truly made my wedding day very special.

Reviewed on 10/07/2015

Reverend Jude was the one and only one for us. We were looking for an officiant that would be able to personalize our wedding ceremony to reflect our relationship, values and personalities. She did that and more. She really took the time to get to know us and wrote a... Read More beautiful, customized and personalized ceremony for us. Rev. Jude was exceptional. Our wedding was in August 2015 and almost two months later, our guests are still talking about how wonderful our ceremony was.

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Amy E

Rev Jude Smith married my wife and I on 7/18/2015. Jude worked really hard with us to make our ceremony the most magical and special moment of our lives. We developed a connection with Jude and she got to know us and our love story really well. She created an amazing ceremony... Read More for us using that connection she developed with us in a manner that was very personalized for me and my wife. I will forever be grateful and feel really fortunate that she was our officiant. I cannot imagine anyone better to marry my wife and I.

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Amy E

Rev. Jude Smith was our officiant for our wedding on July, 18th 2015. Our whole experience with Jude was above and beyond our expectations! She is truly an amazing person and officiant! When looking for officiants we knew that we wanted our officiant to share and understand our... Read More love and open mindedness. We wanted someone that could feel our love and then take our love and have it be represented in our ceremony. Jude went above and beyond what we were looking for. She was the officiant for a wedding I was in a year earlier and I had remembered how her words and her positive energy impacted me. We decided we wanted to contact Jude and see if she matched with us. We looked over her website which was amazing and it made me smile because I could already tell that Jude was the perfect officiant for us. Jude met with us through video chatting and then in person and got to know us through asking questions and talking about our relationship. She had us each fill out questions about our significant other which she then used our answers to help create this magical ceremony filled with love and openness! The words that were used to create our ceremony were the exact words that my husband and I wrote about each other. This made our ceremony even more personal! I loved that she took the time to get to know us and to feel all of the love that my husband and I have for each other! I absolutely loved the process of creating our ceremony with Jude. Some ceremonies I have attended seem at times generic or not personal and Jude is the complete opposite of that! She connected with us, understood our likes and dislikes, respected our opinions and views and most importantly touched our hearts. I will always be grateful and honored that I was married by her!

Reviewed on 10/07/2015

Look no further, you found the perfect officiant for your wedding. We were married in August 2015 by Rev. Jude. Six weeks later our guests are still complementing us about our ceremony due to it's uniqueness and attention to personal details. Many thought we had known Rev. Jude... Read More for years. She took the time to get to know us and fully "got us." We had two lengthy personal meetings, two phone conversations and several email communications. There was a detailed questionnaire for both the bride and groom to separately complete. From all of this Rev. Jude wrote a personalized ceremony that was absolutely beautiful, memorable and truly unique. Not only did she get the details of our relationship right, but she clearly understood our personalities and included that in the ceremony. It's hard to express this in words, but she did. For a truly unique, memorable and lovely ceremony meet with Rev. Jude. And on top of all of that she is a great person, you will enjoy your time with her.

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Brian F

Rev Jude was absolutely wonderful and created the most heartfelt and personalized ceremony. She met with us several times to get to know the both of us and ask us detailed questions about our relationship, what are expectations of marriage were and how we perceived our ceremony... Read More to be. We also, separately, answered reflection questions Jude provided us that became part of our ceremony. it was the best process of putting together our wedding. Our guests enjoyed hearing Jude speak about love and what our love meant to each other and personal details that has defined our relationship. Jude incorporated our children and made them feel completely part of the day. Truly an amazing day!

Reviewed on 7/17/2015

Jude was a real pleasure to work with for planning our wedding ceremony. She provided a framework - her recipe for a great wedding ceremony – and shared ideas, sample readings, and sample vows. She was very flexible in blending in our preferences and suggestions, along with... Read More traditions from our two faiths. Every step of the way, she provided constructive guidance and continuously checked in with us during our planning sessions, to ensure the ceremony was coming together as expected and was resonating with us. We are extremely pleased with how the ceremony unfolded. It was intimate, personal, and very meaningful to us. Many of our guests commented on how beautiful the ceremony was; created with considerable thought and great care. It was perfect, thanks to Jude.

2015-07-17T20:58:58 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a special review. It is always my pleasure to blend the elements that are most important important to you, and to discover through a co-creative process how to do that in meaningful and heart-felt... Read Less Read More

A Wonderful Ceremony by a Wonderful Officiant

Reviewed on 7/08/2015 Otto C

Rev. Jude Smith married me and my wife on July 2, 2015 at FEAST at Round Hill. From the moment we met her the summer beforehand, we knew she was the right choice. She was not only responsive and attentive to our vision, but she created a ceremony that was moving and meaningful... Read More to both us and our guests. Her focus on the universal theme of love, no matter its origin, and her ability to reflect our intimate setting were both brilliant and magical. Rev. Jude is a consummate professional whose passion for her work goes above and beyond. We highly recommend her.

2015-07-17T21:00:08 Response from the vendor

Tickled by your comments. The pleasure was all mine! Much love, Jude

Reviewed on 6/14/2015 Rosalie P

The last thing we had to worry about on the day of our wedding was our wedding officiant. Rev. Jude was on to p of all details, even mailing our marriage license in for us. Jude worked with us to create a customized ceremony that was personal and meaningful. It was a beautiful... Read More ceremony that our guests couldn't stop commenting about and that both of us were more than happy with. We highly recommend Rev. Jude!

Reviewed on 5/20/2015

My wife and I are from Louisiana and were completely overwhelmed with choosing an officiant. We were lucky enough to cross paths with Reverend Jude when she was referred to us by our photographer. With Reverend Jude, you will never have a mediocre ceremony. She made our ceremony... Read More more special than either one of us could have ever dreamed up. She put in the extra time through phone conversations and got to know us - not because she had to, but because she wanted to. She is extremely passionate about what she does and we were able to witness that firsthand. Words cannot express our gratitude! We are forever grateful for Reverend Jude!

Reviewed on 5/19/2015 janine j

great test

We loved working with Jude!

Reviewed on 3/11/2015 Nicole Z

Jude gave us a wonderful non-denominational wedding that was full of love and still spiritual in our own way. She is an amazing person to work with and got to know us before the wedding with some "homework" assignments - she crafted an absolutely beautiful ceremony from our... Read More input and we couldn't have written it better and more meaningful if we tried. We really enjoyed working with her and have wonderful memories of our ceremony that will last for many years.

Jude is wonderful

Reviewed on 10/31/2014

Jude met with us several times to make sure our ceremony was exactly as we wanted it. From the moment we met her, we knew she was perfect for us. She took the time to explain everything to us. She was very welcoming of our family, and our children in particular. I would... Read More recommend Jude to anyone!

Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Melissa L

Jude was wonderful. We had a very small ceremony at West Point and I started planning my wedding only with 5 weeks before. She did not hesitate like a lot of others did. She was very helpful with picking what ceremony type best suit out relationship and how we felt for each... Read More other. Jude was wonderful at the ceremony not even the wet ground effected anything. Thank you for making out day special!

A Spectacular Officiant

Reviewed on 10/31/2014

My wife and I chose Jude based on her officiating our friends' wedding and we couldn't have been happier in our choice. From a wedding attendee's perspective, she was engaging, entertaining, and very much able to roll with the punches that an outdoor wedding presented. Now, I... Read More mention the last part since midway through our friends' wedding the sky turned dark and it started to thunderstorm! Once the wedding moved inside, Jude started again with the same warmth and light she exhibited outside. Now, from a groom's perspective, working with Jude was incredibly easy. She's very clear about what she needs and by when and provides you with excellent suggestions but is also very accommodating. There is homework when working with Jude! She uses that homework coupled with her time spent observing the future bride and groom to write her own reflections on the couple's relationship. I felt that her reflections were genuine and really added a lot to our ceremony, not only for us, but for our guests. Through Jude's words, and our own, our guests were able to share in our joy that day. Jude will also run the rehearsal, which is a must if you have a large wedding party. She managed to convince all 16 members of our wedding part, plus our dogs, to walk down the aisle at the correct pace and stand where they were supposed to. That was quite a feat. So there you go... Jude Smith is an amazing addition to your wedding no matter which way you're experiencing the day. You will feel her warmth, engagement, and true happiness at sharing in your day no matter if you're getting married or just there for the cake.

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

Jude officiated my wedding at the Mohonk Mountain House on October 4th, 2014. I had no idea where to even begin looking for an officiant, I had seen her reviews on this and other websites. I was asking word of mouth, and she was recommended by the owner of the boutique I... Read More purchased my dress from in Rhinebeck, NY. Jude had officiated her sister's wedding, and they were more than satisfied. Jude was very quick and accommodating to setting up a face to face meeting. We spent about 2 hours with her at our initial meeting, and it was clear she was the one for us! The questionnaires we filled out were just the right level of personal, and she fluidly parlayed our answers and conversations into a beautiful and personal ceremony that everyone loved. We had a perfect balance of personal creative control, along with her professional touches. I would highly recommend Jude for her professionalism, heart, and warm, caring spirit. I cannot imagine having entrusted anyone else!

Very Personal

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Amanda N

Rev. Jude Smith was an absolute pleasure to work with. She really takes the time to personalize the ceremony to ensure it meets your expectations, and means the world to both the bride and the groom. She was very easy to work with and takes the time to meet with you to go over... Read More the whole ceremony weeks (months) before you tie the knot. She not only gets to know the bride and groom but also thier families as well. Everyone that attended the wedding had all postive remarks regarding our ceremony and how wonderful and speacial it was. We were very very happy with the great job that Rev. Jude Smith did.