Rev. Kathi Moon

Triangle and beyond including Virginia

There for you from consultation to kiss and beyond

Kathi creates, officiates, and celebrates your warm personal romantic one-of-a-kind ceremony, a ceremony you’ll be happy to hear and proud to share as it inspires full hearts, shining eyes, and irrepressible smiles in you and your guests on your wedding day and ever after. Kathi has married hundreds of couples since she was ordained in 1999. It’s important to her to be there for you every step of the way, from your consultation, to your rehearsal, all the way to the kiss! One bride expressed it best when she commented that Kathi is her wedding “doula” (a doula is an experienced woman dedicated to easing birthing mothers, by providing advice, information, support, and comfort, so they have peace of mind as they bring forth new new life - just as your wedding begins a new life.

Commitment Ceremony, Non-Religious Ceremony, Religious Ceremony

Religious Affiliations

Nondenominational, Christian, Interfaith

Raleigh/Durham, NC Triangle and beyond including Virginia (919) 937-8777

Reviewed on 12/06/2017 Sarah G

From our very first meeting we knew Rev. Moon was meant to officiate our ceremony! The groom and I are Baptist and Catholic so we knew we wanted a religious ceremony, but not necessarily one denomination. Rev. Moon made our ceremony absolutely perfect! It was as if she had known... Read More us our entire lives. She gave us guidance and freedom all in one as we put together our ceremony and it described us better than we could have imagined. All of the guests loved her version of our love story, the personal touches about our families and our adorable dog, and the beauty of the wine box ceremony. Rev. Moon was so organized and prompt with answering emails which was important since we lived about an hour away and couldn't meet very often. Our wedding ceremony would not have been what it was if it wasn't for Rev. Moon!

2017-12-07T09:04:52 Response from the vendor

Sarah, Thank you for your kind words. It was a pleasure to work with you and James. I won't forget how you two braved the chill on that terrace looking so beautiful and so in love on your special day. Blessings always!

Reviewed on 12/06/2017 Jessica S

Rev. Kathi was absolutely incredible! She worked with us throughout our entire engagement year, we did marriage prep classes and our ceremony prep. Everyone was raving about our ceremony our whole wedding night and afterwards, saying it was the most personal and best ceremony... Read More they have ever seen! Rev. Kathi is to thank for that and we are so so grateful!!!

2017-12-07T09:13:45 Response from the vendor

I loved working with you and I'm so happy you're pleased with the way your wedding turned out. You both looked so beautiful and sweet. Wishing you all the best things life has to offer.

Reviewed on 1/10/2017 Jamie H

We came to Rev. Kathi knowing very little about what we wanted in a wedding ceremony, and she guided us through the process of creating a ceremony that was truly ours with expertise and care. She was warm and helpful, and we really enjoyed our time collaborating with her, even... Read More when our wedding stress was at it's highest. On the day of our ceremony she was calm and prepared, and the ceremony couldn't have gone better. Rev. Kathi helped us create a wedding ceremony that we will remember and treasure forever, and we recommend her highly.

Reviewed on 12/15/2017 Holly P

Rev. Kathi was a pleasure to work with and she had an in-depth system that allowed my new husband and I to customize our perfect dream ceremony with ease! We would highly recommend!

Reviewed on 12/13/2017 Caitlyn L

Rev. Kathi Moon was absolutely wonderful to work with. She created a customized ceremony filled with so much love. It was easily one of my favorite parts of our wedding. You can really tell Rev. Kathi loves what she does. She is so passionate and such a caring individual. I... Read More would highly recommend her to any future bride and grooms!

2017-12-14T11:10:37 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for your review. I appreciate your time and effort to share your experience with me. I had fun working with you and John. I cherish the memory of being there with the two of you on your special day. Wish you all... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/13/2017 Caitlin H

Rev. Moon did an amazing job with our ceremony. She created the perfect day. The ceremony was tailored to our style and conveyed our story and life together beautifully. Our guests were so touched and I am still hearing about how special everyone thought it was. I would... Read More highly recommend Rev. Moon.

2017-12-14T11:14:10 Response from the vendor

Thank you for sharing your review. I appreciate your time and effort to do this. I am so grateful that I had the honor of being a part of your journey to become husband and wife. I wish you all the blessings life has to... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/12/2017 Amanda S

Reverend Moon was warm, thoughtful, and really the perfect person to marry us on our Wedding Day. We are very happy we chose her as our minister. We wanted to be married by someone who was able to convey how special our day was to us, and she was able to pull that off. She... Read More includes many personal touches and has a very thorough script. Although she is able to convey your ceremony with feeling and sincerity, she is very professional. We would highly recommend her services.

2017-12-13T10:57:37 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words. Your special day was lovely and you and Robbie both looked beautiful and so much in love. I am thankful I had the pleasure of working with you and getting to know the two of you. Wishing... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/12/2017 Lauren M

Chris and I really enjoyed working with Kathi on our ceremony outline. She was very professional and we could tell she had a passion for what she does for couples! We have received nothing but compliments on our ceremony and how special,individual, and personal it was! We would... Read More definitely recommend Kathi to anyone looking for a great officiant!

2017-12-13T10:42:16 Response from the vendor

You and Chris were wonderful to work with and I had a lot of fun. Thank you for your kind words. I am wishing you both a happy healthy life together and I hope you will keep me posted on how you are doing.

Reviewed on 12/07/2017 Maria H

A week before our wedding our officiant backed out. We were in quite a panic as you can imagine. We called Reverand Kathi and she assured us that everything would be ok. We talked on the phone and she helped us to construct our vows and ceremony that perfectly fit our needs and... Read More personality. Reverand Kathi was professional, personable, poised and possesses a very calming energy which was greatly needed ! We are ever thankful. - Mike and Maria

2017-12-08T10:48:44 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words. Thank you for trusting me with officiating on your special day. I loved being a part of it. Everything looked great and I enjoyed your touches of humor - like the "crab cake." You looked beautiful! You... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/12/2017 Carley W

Rev. Kathi is an amazing officiant. She took great care in creating an endearing, personal, and uniquely us ceremony. In addition, she was very patient and supportive with my lack of organization and constant state of stress throughout the wedding planning process.

2017-05-12T16:51:13 Response from the vendor

You are so kind! I appreciate you taking the time to leave this review when I know how busy your life is. It was an honor to be a small part in your journey to your wedding day. I wish you and A good health... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/18/2016 Laura T

Rev. Kathi is absolutely amazing! Our ceremony was by far my favorite part of our wedding day and none of it would have been possible without her. Beyond working with us to create a ceremony that fit our relationship in the planning stages, her help with directing and... Read More coordinating our wedding party for the rehearsal was indispensable, and she arrived early with positive energy on our wedding day.

2017-12-07T09:20:31 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind comments. I'm so happy I had the opportunity to work with you on your wedding. It was a perfect day and you both looked so beautiful and happy! Take good care of each other and be happy! ;D

Rev. Kathi is the best!

Reviewed on 8/25/2015 Alison B

Rev. Kathi Moon was the best officiant we could have possibly asked for! She crafted the most beautiful, individualized ceremony for us. All of our guests loved our ceremony, and she made it a very special day for us. Rev. Kathi was very fast at responding to questions and... Read More offered advice to make our ceremony one-of-a-kind! I would highly recommend Rev. Kathi. She is an extremely kind and wonderful person and strives to make your ceremony everything you desire!

Wonderful Personalized Wedding Ceremony

Reviewed on 11/21/2014

I cannot say enough about Rev. Kathi Moon. She was absolutely wonderful. Rev. Moon was immediately welcoming. Kathi helped us to customize our ceremony to be perfect for us. We really never imagined having such a wonderful ceremony. We were able to involve family and add things... Read More that made our ceremony so personal. Our friends and family loved our ceremony. Many of them thought that we had known Kathi for years because she was so warm and kind and just helped everyone feel so comfortable. If you are looking for someone kind, caring and welcoming. Rev. Kathi Moon. She will help to customize your ceremony and make it just right for you.She really made our day even more special and left us and our guests with wonderful memories.

Rev. Kathi Moon Made Our Day

Reviewed on 11/18/2014 Amanda D

I can't say enough about Rev. Kathi. We saw her officiate the wedding of a friend of ours, and knew (before we were even engaged!) that she had to officiate our wedding. She gives a ceremony like none other, and is totally willing to tailor the event to how you want it. Everyone... Read More at our friend's wedding and at our wedding was talking about what a unique, personal, and touching ceremony it was. My husband and I were saying the day after the wedding that we wish we could get married once a month just to hang out with her and hear her speak! If you're looking for an amazing ceremony that is as spiritual or non-spiritual as you'd like, you'd be a fool not to hire Rev. Kathi!

Friendly, calm, and so helpful!

Reviewed on 7/09/2014 MaLi K

Rev. Kathi made us feel so comfortable working with her! She is very organized and had write ups of advice and how to's for us. Our ceremony was just beautiful! Many of our guests commented on how beautifully Rev. Kathi performed the ceremony.

Ceremony officiant!

Reviewed on 7/01/2014 Ashley W

Rev. Kathi did an absolutely amazing job! She was so helpful while planning the ceremony and really took the time to get to know us. This was really important and the ceremony really felt like it was made just for us!

Outstanding experience!

Reviewed on 5/21/2014 Lisa S

I cannot say enough great things about Reverend Kathi Moon. Our experience with her was outstanding from beginning to end. She created a truly unique and intimate ceremony for us, which incorporated our personal love story that literally had our guests in awe. So many of our... Read More friends and family commented on how engaged they were during our ceremony and how unique and lovely it was. I highly recommend Reverend Moon. She is personable, makes you feel comfortable every step of the way and is a pleasure to work with!

You won't regret it!

Reviewed on 12/11/2013 Erin M

Rev Kathi was so amazing! I wouldn't have wanted anyone else to marry us. We also did her marriage classes and they were so worth it. My husband and I adore her and we have built as lasting relationship!

wedding ceremony

Reviewed on 10/04/2013 Lisa M

Rev. Kathi Moon was outstanding! She was extremely thoughtful and very organized with her work. I would absolutely recommend her for anyone, small or large wedding because she has the ability to help light up the room!

perfect fit for us!

Reviewed on 6/22/2013 Lori D

We chose Rev Kathi for our wedding because we wanted to have a personalized, non-religious ceremony which included 3 dogs. She met with us several times to help us create the perfect ceremony. She was open to our ideas and provided great ideas of her own. We had the perfect... Read More ceremony that was so reflective of us and received so many compliments on how the whole thing went, dogs and all!

2013-08-29T11:46:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you Lori & Jay. I loved serving as your wedding minister. The two of you have such big beautiful hearts. Blessings to you and your furry family!

Simply Wonderful

Reviewed on 11/19/2012 Katie R

We found Reverend Kathi on an online search for our non-denominational wedding. She put together the most beautiful ceremony for my husband and I. She was very much in our price range and very flexible with the wording we wanted to incorporate into our vows.

Good, not great

Reviewed on 10/21/2012 Kylee P

Kathi recently officiated my wedding, and I have to say she is a very nice person and one who genuinely wants to support your relationship. My main criticism was that I just wasn't a huge fan of her ceremony template that she provided. She did let me re-write a lot of it, but... Read More at the rehearsal, she did not read through any of it, so it was not practiced beforehand. I felt like there were some slip ups on the wedding day and I wish we had gone through it more beforehand so I could comment on loudness or make some more revisions so things would flow better after you hear it out loud. She did however do a great job getting our marriage license paperwork all turned in and she was very prompt on coming to the wedding and rehearsal. Overall, she is very well organized, nice, and prompt but if you are picky about the wording then you might be doing a lot of edits on your own.