Interfaith & Same-Sex, Rev. Lynn Gladstone, Ph.D

Life’s major milestones deserve celebration. I’m happy to help you mark your wedding with a religious, civil or multi-denominational ceremony created specially for the event. Together we’ll customize the ceremony to best share the love and joy you’ve found with the people who mean the most to you.

Religious Affiliations

Baha'i Faith, Buddhist, Adventist, Anglican/Episcopal, Baptist, Congregationalist, Holiness, Lutheran, Methodist, Nondenominational, Pentecostal, Presbyterian, Restorationist, Protestant, Quaker, Christian, Hindu, Interfaith, Conservative, Reform, Jewish, Muslim, Pagan, Secular, Sikh, Spiritual, Unitarian, Wiccan

Newlywed Life, After The Wedding, Getting Engaged, Premarital Counseling, Ceremony, Wedding

Planning

26 Samoa Way, Los Angeles, CA Los Angeles (914) 552-5567
INSTAGRAM

The Perfect Wedding Ceremony; Truly Captured the Two of Us

Reviewed on 1/08/2014 Rebecca T

When we began researching officiants, my husband and I had no idea what to expect. We chose Rev. Lynn based on her reviews, which were outstanding. I can say now, they were accurate. I can't tell you how many guests approached my husband and I after the ceremony to tell us... Read More how personal, special, and unique they found our wedding performed by Rev. Lynn. Every step of the way, Rev. Lynn focused on what WE wanted out of the ceremony and what was important to the two of us. She took the time to get to know my husband and me: how we met, how our relationship has evolved, what we love about each other, why we work well together, etc. When Rev. Lynn sent us the text of the ceremony she had written for us, I was blown away. It was more than we had even hoped for. The ceremony was fun & light with touches of humor, yet still thoughtful & powerful. We had an intimate wedding of about 30 of our closest family and friends, and we wanted our guests to feel special and included and to know how important their presence was. Rev. Lynn wrote a beautiful yet simple community blessing that did just that. When we met with Rev. Lynn on our wedding day just before the ceremony, she even surprised the two of us with some incredibly thoughtful and sentimental touches. I was so moved that I nearly started crying before the ceremony even started! Weddings can be stressful and fly by in a flash and before you know it they are over, but during our ceremony, it was as if time stood still. Because of Rev. Lynn, our ceremony was incredibly meaningful and something that we will cherish always. We enthusiastically recommend Rev. Lynn and her guidance & service. We could not have wished for a better officiant for our wedding.

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Ashley W

We absolutely loved working with Lynn. She took the time to get to know us, and ask really thoughtful questions along the way. It was a really nice opportunity for my now husband and I to reflect on our relationship and what we hoped our marriage would be. Lynn also really... Read More personalized the ceremony and worked with us to create something meaningful and that reflected our personalities. She was also a joy to be around day of, very professional, calming, and organized. My husband and I were both told by guests how much they enjoyed the ceremony, which was amazing. I sometimes think guests just want to get through the ceremony to get to the party, but Lynn's ceremony was both entertaining and meaningful. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 5/23/2016 Mike L

Lynn was sensational. She got to know us from the start of our first meeting and counseled us until our wedding ceremony. Her words of wisdom guided us throughout the months we worked together. She was calm and soothing during the moments leading up to our ceremony. We had had... Read More many conversations in person and via Skype with Lynn. She sent us several long questionnaires which were completely necessary for my wife and I to fully understand the commitment we were making as well as to allow Lynn to get to know us better. We are not a religious couple and Lynn beautifully executed a ceremony that was non-denominational yet spiritual and inspirational. We wanted a short ceremony and somehow Lynn still made 25 minutes chock-full of love. She got us: she knew what our love was about and what are challenges were. We couldn’t imagine this journey without her.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Karen W

My daughter and son-in-law chose Rev. Lynn Gladstone to officiate at their wedding in September 2016. They wanted an outdoor ceremony, but they did not want to get married by a Justice of the Peace. They wanted a religious element to their ceremony. I have been to some outdoor... Read More ceremonies that were over in a blink of the eye, which is not what we were looking for. Lynn met with my daughter and her fiancé before the wedding, and they created a beautiful and meaningful 30-minute ceremony. Lynn talked about their personal lives together and how they met, and she helped them choose meaningful readings. My daughter had 3 flower girls and one ringbearer, all born in September! Lynn asked our guests to sing Happy Birthday to them, and it was just magical and memorable. The ceremony was lovely and touching! We couldn't have asked for anything more, and we highly recommend Rev. Lynn Gladstone.

Reviewed on 8/21/2016

Lynn was an amazing, creative and extremely thoughtful Reverend for our wedding. She was such a delight to work with and worked with us to customize our ceremony . She drafted a beautiful ceremony, took the extra time to really get to know us and our story and made our wedding... Read More day extremely memorable. She even got custom gifts for our parents,. We can't thank her enough and she is a true professional. We would recommend her to all other couples looking for a fantastic Reverend.

Reviewed on 10/11/2015 Christina W

We came across Lynn when searching on The Knot. We were getting married in Boston so had to make sure she was up for the travel, however, that was no concern for her! After reading all of the amazing reviews, we decided to set up a Skype session with her. She was super easy to... Read More talk to and we had felt like we had known her for a long time. After the conversation, we absolutely knew she was a perfect fit for us. We filled out detailed questionnaires that allowed her to get a little more insight on our relationship but we also sat down at a coffee shop to go over these questionnaires. We were able to laugh about funny stores, first dates, and reminisce.. which really gave her a great picture of our relationship. We wanted a wedding ceremony that was spiritual and personal. She did just that and more. She had given us a number of readings to choose from for our Reader to use and suggested many other options to make our ceremony unique. We ended up having a Wine Box Ceremony instead of a unity candle.. and it still to this day is something that our guests talk about. Each word of the ceremony was perfect. It was filled with just the right amount of personal stories / personal touches mixed with spiritual aspects of a more traditional ceremony. I went outside of my comfort zone to write my own vows, as this is something my husband wanted to do. She gave me the courage to know that I just need to be in the moment, just me and him, and I was able to do it. Looking back, I am beyond happy I did this. We have had so many guests talk about what a beautiful ceremony it was.. perfectly worded, unique in many ways, and how it was "so us". She really put a spin on it to make it "Our Ceremony". She ended up staying for the blessing before dinner and again made everyone smile with her perfect words. Thanks Lynn, the day wouldn't have been the same without you!!! xo

Personalized and Professional

Reviewed on 10/08/2015 Katie S

Lynn was attentive, professional and really made sure our ceremony was custom. She met with us a few weeks prior to the wedding and dug into us as individuals as well as us as a couple. She took this insight and sprinkled it throughout the ceremony to make sure our day was... Read More truly special. Our guests noted her as one of the highlights of the day and we couldn't agree more!

COULDN'T HAVE WISHED FOR A BETTER CEREMONY

Reviewed on 9/10/2015

My husband and I got married in Central park with a few loved ones. We chose Rev Lynn from what we read on her reviews and website...and let me tell you she is A M A Z I N G!!!! She crafted a personalized short, touching, beautiful ceremony that everyone loved. She is a... Read More warm, lovely woman and I am very happy and honored that she was the one that married us. Thank you Lynn for making it so special!

A Beautiful Wedding Ceremony

Reviewed on 9/06/2015 Felicia R

Lynn has been great to work with from beginning to end. Incredibly friendly and helpful and always there when you need her. She worked with us to make sure our ceremony was all that we wanted. She gave us all that we wanted and so much more. My husband and I are an interfaith... Read More couple- Jewish and Lutheran. She combined both religions so beautifully. The ceremony was something our guests keep coming back to. We were extremely pleased with Lynn and look forward to working with her again for another chapter in our life.

Amazing "Sweet & Simple" Ceremony

Reviewed on 9/05/2015

We did not expect the ceremony to be our favorite part of the wedding day, but Rev. Lynn Gladstone's "sweet and simple" ceremony simply blew us away. She completely captured who we are as a couple in the most articulate and beautiful way. She was easy to work with, professional... Read More and is a great listener. We had several wedding guests tell us it was the best ceremony they had ever seen. We can't recommend Rev. Lynn Gladstone highly enough! - Amy & Dan (married Aug. 29,2015).

Perfection!

Reviewed on 8/18/2015 Jennifer M

Reverend Lynn Gladstone is just absolutely wonderful! Very soon after finding her information and beautiful website we knew right away we had found the Reverend who would be perfect for our interfaith ceremony. My husband is Jewish and I'm Catholic and while we didn't want an... Read More overly religious ceremony we definitely wanted to feel that the ceremony represented both our faiths and families. Creating a ceremony that combines two faiths so flawlessly and lovingly is truly a gift. Our feeling that Reverend Lynn was perfect for us was solidified after our very first phone conversation and only got stronger as we worked with her to create our perfect ceremony. Her passion and dedication to every detail is outstanding... She truly gets to know her couples as deeply as possible. She gives all of her attention to the couple and what they want to express in their ceremony. By the time our August 1, 2015 wedding was upon us we really felt as if a family friend was about to marry us. Her guided hands and faith in marriage and support is tremendous.. For us we knew that our ceremony needed to be the most important, touching, memorable part of our wedding day. Reverend Lynn has a unique way of bringing a couple even closer on so many levels leading up to their marriage. Our families were so thrilled with how our ceremony brought everyone such joy. Everyone is still talking about how beautiful it was. In short Reverend Lynn is such a blessing and incredible person and Reverend.... Thank you Reverend Lynn ~ The newly happily married Jennifer and David Beckerman, Boston MA, August 2015

Lynn Gladstone is wonderful!

Reviewed on 8/11/2015 Kristin S

Lynn Gladstone was the officiant to our wedding in July 2015 and she is simply wonderful. She really took the time to get to know us as a couple too. She spent a great deal of time making our ceremony exactly how we wanted, and really personalized it to my husband and I. She is... Read More such a warm person and we would absolutely recommend her to anyone. -Kristin Spiers

Personalized to Perfection.

Reviewed on 6/21/2015 Lauren C

Lynn was the perfect officiant for our wedding. My husband's family is Greek Orthodox and my family is Congregational/Evangelical. Lynn spent a lot of time getting to know us, our background, and what we were looking for in the ceremony. Our service was religious, but we were... Read More both a little concerned about our families reactions to an interfaith ceremony. At the end of the day, people could not have been happier! We continue to receive so many positive remarks and sweet responses to the ceremony that Lynn performed and we'll forever remember how special it was for us to have such a meaningful and personalized wedding service. I would highly recommend Lynn Gladstone to anyone couple looking for a very special ceremony. Thank you, Lynn!

Nothing short of amazing

Reviewed on 4/27/2015

Lynn was faced with the ultimate obstacles in preparing for our Wedding ceremony; as working professionals, we were uncommunicative, provided little information, and certainly weren't prompt. In addition, we held a highly intimate and private ceremony with our closest and loved... Read More ones. Lynn proved to officiate a ceremony nothing less than amazing. She is a highly perceptive and loving person, with a true gift to illuminate and communicate the lives and love of two people together. She was an integral part of the ceremony and we now consider her a life long friend for being part of and contributing to such a special day. We will be eternally grateful to Lynn for all the work she put into making our wedding ceremony incredibly special.

Testimonial

Reviewed on 1/22/2015

Lynn was everything we had hoped for in a marriage officiant and more. My husband Steve and had been engaged for a year and a half and had become professional procrastinators when it came to planning our big day. We were so excited at the thought of getting married, but... Read More neither or us wanted the fanfare or the stress that sometimes comes with a wedding. One night over dinner, Steve jokingly asked me if i wanted to elope in New York (we're Aussie's btw). We had already planned and paid for a month long tour of America and were planning to be in New York over New Years Eve. A few nights later, i went back to Steve and told him that i wanted to talk seriously about his 'joke'. By the end of the week it was settled. We would be married on the Gapstow Bridge in Central Park on NYE. After breaking the news to our families i immediately started research on elopements in NYC and became super excited. First matter of order? A fabulous wedding celebrant. I jumped straight onto 'The Knot', my go to wedding guide, and searched for officiants in Manhattan. My eyes were immediately drawn to Lynn's friendly and warm profile picture and after my first contact with Lynn, i knew she'd be perfect for our occasion. No fuss, no muss. Lynn got straight to the heart of what we wanted for our day by asking the right questions and listening to our wishes. Steve and i are not dedicated to a particular faith, so we didn't want any reference to religion in our ceremony. Lynn took this into consideration and crafted the most beautiful ceremony, albeit 10 minutes long. We wanted something short and sweet and she certainly delivered. Standing on the Gapstow Bridge in her fabulously groovy officiant attire, she opened with as verse from each of our favorite musical artist's which didn't leave a dry eye on either of our faces. Everything that followed, right up until the official announcement of 'i now pronounce you man and wife'was said from the heart, which clearly shows that Lynn loves doing what she does. Lynn, i am honored to write this testimonial for you and again want to take the opportunity to thank you for making our day so memorable and special.I hope our paths cross again some day. If anyone is considering eloping or marrying in New York, i highly recommend you get in touch with Lynn. You won't be disappointed. Summah and Steve Married 31/12/2014

The Perfect Ceremony

Reviewed on 10/26/2014

My wife and I got married at The Villa in East Bridgewater, Ma on October 12, 2014. Rev Lynn Gladstone exceeded our expectations! We found Rev. Lynn on The Knot and decided to give her a shot. One of the most stressful things in planning a wedding is picking an officiant, that... Read More you never met, and relying on him/her to deliver a meaningful ceremony. Picking Rev. Lynn was the best decision that we made by far! She constantly stayed in touch via email and telephone throughout the months leading up to our wedding. She was able to draft a ceremony that was unique to my wife and I. It wasn't a cookie cutter ceremony that could be found over the internet. Our guests and family were amazed at the way she "tells her story" like she has known us for quite some time. We are forever grateful for everything that Rev. Lynn did for us and we highly recommend her to future brides and grooms.

Intimate Ceremony with Rev. Lynn Gladstone

Reviewed on 10/04/2014 Sofia W

From the start, Reverend Lynn took the time to get to know Tim and me at a personal level. Lynn only commits to one marriage ceremony a month, which shows her commitment to quality of her services. Lynn sent us a thorough questionnaire as a way to get to know us deeply as a... Read More couple. The questionnaire was incredibly fun, and provided Tim and me with an opportunity to reflect on our relationship. It was one of the most thoughtful and meaningful activities we engaged in before our wedding. After in-person meetings and review of our questionnaire, Lynn crafted a beautiful, honest and intimate ceremony. By the time our wedding came along, Tim and I felt like we had known Lynn for years. We were comforted by her presence with us at our ceremony. During the readings, Lynn commented on our journey as a couple, our strengths, as well as wise marital advice. It was beautiful and perfect. Countless guests commented on how personal and intimate the ceremony was--many said it was the best they had witnessed. We feel incredibly lucky to have found Lynn for our wedding. She was instrumental in making our wedding a day we will never forget.

Lynn Gladstone

Reviewed on 9/30/2014

Lynne was a pleasure to work with during the planning process of my clients wedding. We found her through an online search. The communication leading up to the event was great. She was very responsive and took the time to meet with the bride and groom to get to know them. She... Read More did a spectacular job in organizing the ceremony flow for fit the needs of the bride and groom. She was early onsite and made sure all paper work was taken care of prior to the ceremony. I would recommend Lynn as the officiant for your own wedding!!

Perfectly sweet interfaith ceremony

Reviewed on 9/29/2014

Lynn delivered exactly what we wanted, in a perfect magical ceremony. After meeting with her a few months before the wedding, we gave her an almost impossible task. Design a short, sweet, and beautiful ceremony that would make both our families happy and content, given that... Read More our families came from different religious backgrounds - Jewish and Muslim. We also added to the list that we did not want the ceremony to be too religious or too mushy. She went back - thought about it - and delivered to us the full text of a ceremony that incorporated our cultures in a light and refreshing way. For this we are forever grateful. What made it even better was that the wedding guests - weeks later - could not stop raving about how beautiful the ceremony was. Lynn intertwined our cultures with beautiful poetry and light humor, and the result was an amazing and memorable ceremony that we will forever remember.

Blessed

Reviewed on 8/27/2014 Kara

When my husband and I started planning our wedding, we knew that the ceremony was the most important part. We started researching Officiants/Reverend's, and we found Lynn, after speaking with her we immediately felt a connection, she understood us, and understood what we wanted... Read More for our wedding day. We set up a meeting and when we met face to face it confirmed what we already had thought, that she was in fact the perfect person to tell our story. Lynn listened to us through the whole process, took careful time and consideration when drafting our ceremony and made sure that it was really US. She took the time to get to know us and was able to portray everything beautifully to our guests. All of our guests raved about our beautiful wedding ceremony, she truly touched all of them and she truly touched us.

Absolutely Wonderful Service!

Reviewed on 8/23/2014 Laura M

We are so lucky that we found Reverend Lynn to marry us. She was so helpful to us in deciding what we wanted out of our ceremony and worked with us up until our wedding day to make sure we were 100% happy with everything. We looked forward to every meeting with Rev. Lynn and... Read More thoroughly enjoyed planning our service with her. Our ceremony was eloquently written and truly celebrated us as a couple. Our wedding guests were as delighted with our ceremony as we were and are still singing the praises of Rev. Lynn. We would highly recommend Rev. Lynn to anyone!

Wonderful Service

Reviewed on 8/05/2014 Amelia B

We chose Lynn based on her website and reviews because we wanted personalized, spiritual service. She worked with us to create a ceremony that was meaningful but not too serious, spiritual but not too religious, and most of all personal. She was very warm and welcoming, and... Read More helped us articulate the things we wanted to say. During the rehearsal, she was organized and helped us walk through the day's events, which was very helpful since we did not have an official wedding planner to do so. After the ceremony, we had many complements on how touching and personal the ceremony was, and Lynn helped us get there.

Officiant

Reviewed on 6/30/2014 Jessica P

Lynn Gladstone is a very warm person which our guests could see as she ordained our ceremony. She worked with us on making our ceremony personal which my husband and I really appreciated. We wanted our ceremony to be spiritual with a touch of Jewish tradition and that is what... Read More she delivered.

Wonderful Officiant

Reviewed on 6/21/2014 Sarah C

We were nervous to have someone we didn't know officiate the biggest moment of our lives, but Lynn calmed our nerves and delivered a beautiful ceremony. She allowed us to have a great deal of input, from the readings, to quotes, to length, and customized it to our... Read More personalities, faith, families (and even coordinated her outfit to our color scheme). Her website is very helpful, and she was highly responsive. She also donates a portion of her fee to the charity of your choice. Our ceremony was outside and she was a bit softspoken for our friends and family in the back row, but I have no doubt she will make that adjustment in the future. If you, too, are worried about trusting this moment to someone you don't know, you will be in good hands with Lynn. She also does ceremonies for children, and we plan to use her when we enter the next chapter of our lives together!

Life Affirming Ceremony

Reviewed on 1/31/2014

My best friend, of thirty years, was dying in St. John's Hospital, with a non-curative prognosis. He has always been my Forrest Gump, and I, his Jenny. When Lynn married us, in the hospital room, the miracles began. Her sense of the two of us, expressed through the most... Read More profound nurturing, divine grace, and gentleness of spirit, completely turned my husband's condition around. The doctors, nurses, and, most especially, the hospital chaplain were, and continue to be, astounded by Lynn's healing. She gave my husband HOPE, and a reason to live. That is every bit as powerful as modern medicine. Our gratitude is exponential. Jessica and Andrew Schaefer

Rev. Lynn Gladstone, Ph.D.

I've always been profoundly interested in the world and moved by different cultures, religions, customs and rituals, as well as how to harvest the great happiness and meaning from love, family and raising children. I explored many paths in pursuit of these interests–from social worker to entrepreneur to human resources director–before finding the one that wove them all together and unlocked my true mission in life: becoming an interfaith minister. I am an interfaith minister licensed to perform weddings in the U.S. I was born & raised in NY, have 2 children and two small dogs, Diaz and Dora.