Rev. Richard Hasselbach

Ceremony, Wedding

107 Strawtown Rd, West Nyack, NY

Beautiful Ceremony!

Reviewed on 9/06/2014 Andrea V

My (now) husband and I were really set on having both the ceremony and reception at our house and property. We also really wanted a Christian ceremony, and since I was raised Roman Catholic, only a Catholic officiant felt right to me. The problem is that my husband is divorced... Read More from a previous marriage, and a priest will not perform a wedding outside of a church. Two strikes! That’s when I went online and learned about the CITI community of former Catholic priests who left the priesthood to get married, and how I found Fr. Rich, a former Catholic priest who now serves as a pastor of the Clarkstown Reformed Church and regularly performs marriage ceremonies. After sifting through Fr. Rich’s extensive website, I became more and more drawn to his style. Then, after meeting with him my husband and I both took a liking to his personality and felt comfortable with him. He asked us about how we met and what we are like as people and as a couple, then we met with him twice more to plan our ceremony. He knows wedding ceremonies inside and out and always had plenty of suggestions for us to choose from so that we could have a traditional ceremony that nevertheless suited our own personal style. Well, come the actual wedding ceremony, I was blown away at how wonderful it went! Fr. Rich put together an intimate portrait of us as a couple that he worked into the ceremony with a delicate balance of warmth and wit. Many guests commented on how lovely the ceremony was and specifically what a wonderful officiant we had. One thing I’ll say is that I think Fr. Rich is an excellent choice for a couple looking for a more traditional type of ceremony. Although he was quite flexible in the details and wanted us to feel that the ceremony reflected us on a personal level, he did not seem to be in favor of straying too far from the traditional model. For us, this was perfect—just what we wanted. The result was a ceremony that was expressive of us and our relationship, yet also felt like part of the larger history and tradition of marriage.

nice ceremony

Reviewed on 8/07/2011 Holly R

Rev. Hasselbach did a very nice ceremony for us. He did everything we wanted and hoped for. Sometimes he was hard to get a hold of and I did have to email more than once to get a reply a few times. But he did a nice job and we were very happy with him.

Very Accomodating

Reviewed on 2/10/2011 Ginny B

He met with us as his house twice and we talked about marriage, life, all of it - and it was fantastic. The only bloop was that things at the ceremony were slightly different than what we had talked about beforehand - and it resulted in my dad giving an impromptu speech on... Read More the dance floor about what was missing. Yegads. Otherwise, it would have been five stars because he's an incredibly nice person and really took time to speak to us at length.