Rev. Stephen M. Goodrum, M.A., M.Div.

A "good" or "great" wedding doesn't happen by itself. It takes planning. To assist you in that process, we become your ceremony consultant (we only have one time to get it "just right.") We will help you create a personal and meaningful ceremony and coordinate your wedding party on your special day.

Civil Union, Commitment Ceremony, Interfaith Ceremony

Religious Affiliations

Nondenominational, Christian, Interfaith

Ceremony, Wedding

Southeast Michigan - the Detroit Metro Area (248) 760-9418
WEBSITE TWITTER

Reviewed on 9/08/2017 Ashley A

Steve was awesome! He was very accommodating. He met with us and we were able to talk about the different things we wanted for our big day. The rehearsal went smoothly (even though we were the late ones! So thankful for his patience!) and our big day was even better!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Megan B

Our guests in attendance could not stop raving about how personal and beautiful our ceremony was. Rev. Goodrum was kind, informative, thorough, and professional! Would definitely recommend him to other couples!

Reviewed on 7/24/2016 Bridget L

Rev. Goodrum was excellent. He made sure that our ceremony included everything we could possibly want and I really liked his ceremony templates - they were nice and personal. He was very helpful, friendly, and professional. I would definitely recommend him!

Reviewed on 7/01/2016 Klaudia P

As many previous reviewers have said, Reverend Goodrum was wonderful to work with. He was professional, friendly and very responsive. We truly enjoyed working with him and HIGHLY recommend him to anyone looking for an officiant.

Reviewed on 6/30/2016 Lauren S

Rev. Goodrum did a wonderful job officiating our wedding. Was very pleased with his services and helped make our day beautiful!

Great Reverent/Officiant!

Reviewed on 9/16/2014 Kelly H

Reverend Stephen Goodrum did an amazing job officiating our wedding. He was very kind and considerate. He understood how personal we wanted our wedding to be and he was able to work with us to really make a ceremony that meant something to the both of us. Also, my Husband and I... Read More currently live out of state so he worked with us and our schedule, since we didn't have many opportunities to meet. He made the process very easy and meaningful.

Great Ceremony

Reviewed on 9/11/2014 Christina C

Rev. Stephen Goodrum was very professional, supportive and fun to work with. He personally met with us before the ceremony to get to know us better and understand what we wanted out of the ceremony. He made our day fun and easy! I would highly recommend him! :)

Goodrum. Great times.

Reviewed on 10/07/2013 Anthony M

Rev. Goodrum did a great job as officiant to our wedding. He was friendly, professional and courteous and we would recommend him to those in need of a great officiant.

Please, call me Steve.

Reviewed on 10/06/2013

Highly Recommended. Rev. Goodrum, or who would become affectionately known as "Steve", was a wonderful addition to our wedding. He was available at all times throughout the planning process and was certainly the right choice to be our officiate. He was extraordinarily helpful... Read More in making sure everything was taken care of prior to the wedding, ensuring that the bride and myself would only need to focus our attention on each other when the time came. I am truly thankful to have had Steve share in our special day.

Perfect

Reviewed on 10/04/2013 Lisa V

Rev. Goodrum was the officiant for our ceremony. He helped us customize a ceremony that was uniquely us and made the most important part of our day truly special. We had our wedding outside, and the direction the wind started blowing from caused my wife’s veil to constantly... Read More blow in her face. He recognized this very quickly and had us switch sides mid-ceremony so the veil would flow out behind her. We received so many compliments from our friends and family on how great that was and how personal the ceremony was. It was exactly how we wanted! We would recommend to anyone!

C&B

Reviewed on 8/28/2013 Brooke I

We hired Reverend Stephen Goodrum as our ceremony officiant and we couldn't be happier! You kind of get a two for one deal because his amazing wife Donna will assist you with any questions as well. He was very organized and had a great sense of humor, which is so important to... Read More start the party off right! He made the ceremony (and rehearsal) run very smoothly. I would definitely recommend him!

Excellent!

Reviewed on 8/22/2013 Bridget P

Rev. Goodrum did an excellent job with our wedding. Very understanding with what we wanted and made us feel so comfortable with the whole ceremony. We had a little mishap before the ceremony and he was very calm and easy going through it all, definitely a big help. We could not... Read More of asked for a better officiant, I would definitely recommend him!

Wonderful Job

Reviewed on 6/20/2013 Lynne M

We were married in May by Rev. Goodrum. We were given a number of prewritten ceremonies that we could choose from and were free to mix and match between them. He did a wonderful job even though we didn't have a rehearsal. I would definitely recommend Rev. Goodrum to any couple... Read More looking to get married!

Wedding ceremony at the Royal Park

Reviewed on 4/23/2013 Maureen M

Rev. Goodrum officated our wedding ceremony at the Royal Park on March 9th and we were extremely pleased with the way everything turned out! Rev. Goodrum was professional, punctual and really helped us personalize our big day. Everything went smoothly and we heard from many of... Read More our guests that they thought the ceremony was touching and meaningful. I would definitely recommend Rev. Goodrum to other brides looking for someone to officiate their wedding. Great job!

We loved our ceremony!

Reviewed on 11/15/2012 Kelly B

Rev.Goodrum truly made our ceremony one of the most memorable moments of the day. We wanted a ceremony that was sentimental and welcoming. He did an amazing job at showing his personality and making sure that people smiled at the real moments in our ceremony. It was absolutely... Read More perfect and would highly recommend him for a custom ceremony that makes sense for you. It was great to have someone that wanted it to be what you actually envisioned.

Did a fantastic job!!

Reviewed on 7/31/2012 Kara L

Rev Goodrum was so funny and was very easy going. He made things feel more at ease, which helped the nerves the day of the wedding. I would recommend him if you would like an easy going cereomy.

Great Experience

Reviewed on 11/20/2010 Jennifer P

Rev. Goodrum did a fabulous job officating our wedding. We were really happy with him and would recommend him to any bride.

Stephen Goodrum

Rev. Stephen Goodrum. Ordained Presbyterian minister and licensed counselor and social worker.