Wedding Officiant / Minister

Reverend by Request has grown out of our passion for truly beautiful wedding ceremonies. The demand for our services has grown by word of mouth from our newlyweds long before our website ever existed. There is obviously a great need for a caring Wedding Officiant who goes the extra mile.

Religious Affiliations

Catholic, Anglican/Episcopal, Lutheran, Nondenominational, Christian, Interfaith, Conservative, Jewish, Unitarian

Ceremony, Wedding

Hoffman Estates, IL
Serving Chicago & Suburbs

Couldn't have found a better Minister

Reviewed on 1/27/2012 Erica E

I don't even know where to begin with praising Reverend David. We found him originally through a search online, and scheduled a meeting with him about a year before our wedding. We knew right away that he was the right one for us. His voice, his demeanor, the way he made us... Read More both feel comfortable, and was open to any type of ceremony we wanted. We worked with him throughout our 15 month engagement, but really had most of our interaction the last few months. These months, as most brides know is the most stressful time of your wedding planning. It's easy to lose focus and concentrate on things that aren't as important in the overall picture. Reverend David helped me stay focused and had a few conversations with me to remind me once again, what the day was really all about. We worked together for days, and over multiple emails to perfect our ceremony. Up until the last week I was making small changes, and he was totally open to any idea that came up. Our wedding guests could not stop praising our Officiant after the ceremony. Even our DJ who has done countless ceremonies said that was one of the best he had ever seen. Its funny how on your wedding day, you really miss a lot. You are floating on clouds, and sometimes spinning from the excitement and nerves. Reverend David was a constant voice of calm, and someone I could look at during the ceremony to stay focused. My fiancé and I shed a few tears, and he was so thoughtful to have tissues ready for us. He led us through the ceremony like a true profesional, but with so much passion, I was really blown away. I was sad that the wedding was over, because we loved working with him so much. I know after we have our children, he will be a part of any blessing ceremonies that we plan for them.

Simply the BEST!!!

Reviewed on 1/19/2012 Clara T

Reverend Gary Phillip did a fantastic job from the planning stage all the way up to the wedding day. He is the most professional and genuine person my husband and I have ever met. He provided us with great ideas for our unique ceremony and incorporated our suggestions to our... Read More liking. He was also upfront with us if there were parts of our ceremony that were out of place or didn't flow properly. We have had so many compliments on our ceremony. You can't go wrong with his services!

Reviewed on 12/04/2011 lisa w

Working with Reverend by Request was a wonderful experience and we are so happy that we chose to use their services on our wedding day! We knew that we wanted an officiant that was professional and that truly cared about our ceremony, since to us it was the most important part... Read More of our day. When we first met with Reverend David, we knew we had found just that! He was extremely helpful with orchestrating the ceremony and thanks to him everything went smoothly. The ceremony was beautiful and we are still receiving compliments on how personal and romantic it was!

The Best Minister By Far!

Reviewed on 11/21/2011 Brandy L

We had over a year to plan our wedding and we had decided to meet with 10 of the top ministers before we chose which one would be the best for us. We met with 5 of the 10 before we met with Reverend Gary. By the time we were done with the meeting we decided on the spot to have... Read More Reverend Gary officiate our wedding. No need to go further; we canceled the rest of our appointments. A couple of the others weren’t even ministers; they were just wedding Officiants. And the others were pushing us too hard to choose a wedding package that wasn’t for us. We just wanted a normal wedding; NOT a Night Club Act! We didn’t want our story told again, we didn’t want everyone laughing during the service; we didn’t want to stand down the stairs and face the “Audience”. We wanted a formal wedding where everyone enjoyed the wedding as it was intended to be. Reverend Gary hit the bull’s-eye for us. He listened to what we wanted and helped us in choosing the right package that was right for us; not for him. The wedding was as we had dreamed it to be, we all giggled a bit, we cried a bit, but mostly we felt the presence of a higher being, and knew that we had made the right decision. Thank you Reverend Gary for giving us the best wedding, EVER!

The best expierence ever.....

Reviewed on 11/11/2011 Angela M

We had Rev David conduct our wedding and he truly did a wonderful job. We wanted a non traditional with some lovely readings, but I had no idea where to start. I wanted our wedding to be special and show how much we loved each other. David gave suggestions, and really worked... Read More with everything we presented to him. I was so touched by all the little added things, I was tearing up. I would recommend him to anyone I know, they really are the best. The communication is prompt, and there rates are very reasonable, dnt trust your wedding to just anyone, use the best.

Personal & Perfect

Reviewed on 11/06/2011 Madeline D

This is the second marriage for both of us and we wanted a personal, intimate ceremony with our closest friends and family. With that decision made and having found the venue the question became who would perform the ceremony, neither of us belongs to a church. After a... Read More thorough search, phone interviews and reviewing pricing, we met with both Reverends David and Gary. They immediately made us feel comfortable, offered flexibility in the ceremony and services they could provide. Reverend David was very accommodating when a week prior to the ceremony we added a rehearsal; he organized everyone and the details of the ceremony. Through our conversations, e-mails, our ceremony choices and our vows, Reverend Gary was able to personalize the ceremony and add just enough religious undertones. We were very happy in our choice of Reverend by Request and recommend them.

Reverends to the rescue!

Reviewed on 11/05/2011 Kevin D

About a week before our wedding I was unable to get in touch with the minister that I had initially booked for our wedding. I started calling around to find someone to fill that spot. I spoke with a few that were too expensive or wouldn't perform because they wanted to have at... Read More least 3 sit down sessions prior to the wedding. Thankfully I got in touch with Reverend David at Rev by Request. Within a few days we had the entire ceremony planned out and all set to got. Even though they had a previous engagement that night, they were able to perform the ceremony for our wedding and I couldn't have been happier. Everything went perfectly and exactly how we had planned. I can't thank them enough for swooping in at the last minute and saving our ceremony. I cannot recommend them highly enough. Choose them and you will not be sorry!

Meet The Manager

Reverend David

Reverend David is available to answer your questions at Reverend by Request.