Reverend Samora -Common Ground Ceremonies

Serving Greater NY and Tri State Area

Within Our Hearts we find Common Ground!

So my guess is you are here because you are wondering, "Who is going to marry us and make our ceremony special?" It's probably even more challenging to "shop" for this person online...lol!! Well, I will start off by saying I truly love what I do and when I am asked to be part of one of the most important moments in your lives, I take it very seriously (and joyously)! I perform all styles of weddings for ALL couples. My background is multicultural and multi faith so besides being an ordained Interfaith Minister, I was also raised in this type of family. I also offer support to you before and/or after the wedding takes place to ensure that you are successful and don't have to go it alone. Please reach out to me today so we can discuss your needs!!Congratulations!!

Religious Affiliations

Buddhist, Catholic, Nondenominational, Quaker, Christian, Hindu, Interfaith, Jewish, Muslim, Pagan, Secular, Spiritual, Unitarian, Wiccan

Newlywed Life, After The Wedding, Getting Engaged, Ceremony, Wedding

Planning

Serving Greater NY and Tri State Area (646) 709-2090

Reviewed on 10/04/2015 Kelley N

Rev. Samora is by far the best!! My husband and I are not religious but wanted to have a very special and unique ceremony to represent us on our wedding day and Rev. Samora made that happen for us!! When we first met her in person (months before the wedding) we absolutely fell... Read More in love with her! Her spiritualness and calm vibe encouraged us to be ourselves in front of her. We could feel her true love and happiness for us!! We continued to stay in touch with her frequently leading up to the wedding and felt like Rev. Samora would pull all of this together just perfectly....and she did!!!! We decided to do a unity ceremony (with hypnotic and Hennessy to make an Incredible Hulk drink) and also did a Love Wine Box ceremony. With this we picked out a special bottle of wine, wrote love letters to each other and sealed and locked them in the wine box to share when we are feeling like we might need to rekindle our relationship. But as Rev. Samora had asked us in front of all our family and friends on the day of the ceremony..."when will you be opening this box?", our response was "NEVER!!":-) I feel we Rev. Samora was the best in the fact that at the ceremony she spoke about us as if she knew us forever. When it was all said and done my husband and I never wrote our vows (in which we intended but nerves got the best of us:-) we informed Rev. Samora of this on the day of the wedding and she reassured us...."don't worry....I got it!!" She did....she said what we wanted to say and couldn't have said it better. It was so natural and well spoken that she brought tears to our eyes at the "alter". Rev. Samora is easy to talk to, very personable, and open to embracing each couples uniqness regardless of their beliefs. I/we would recommend her for anyone, whether religious or not, to be involved and play a part in the most special day of a couples lives together!! She truly is amazing, kind hearted, open minded and someone that will always be special to us!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2015

From the first email that we sent to Reverend Samora enquiring about her availability, we knew we had made the right choice. As we live the UK we were worried about certain things when getting married so far from home, especially contact with people. We need not have worried.... Read More Reverend Samora responded promptly to every email and really helped us in planning the wedding. Even when we had to change the location of the ceremony slightly at only 2 days notice, this was not a problem. Reverend Samora helped us arrange a violinist which made the ceremony even more special. Everyone commented on how lovely her words were in the ceremony and how personal Reverend Samora made it feel. We would highly recommend the services of Reverend Samora.

Samora made our Ceremony Perfect

Reviewed on 2/02/2015

After looking into different options for our ceremony, we opted for an officiant that would provide a non-denominational service, as we are both spiritual, but not overtly religious. Samora connected with us immediately. She understood who we were, what brought us together,... Read More and what we envisioned for our big day. She guided us through the whole process and made it easy for us to relax and enjoy it. We opted to write our vows, and Samora integrated everything into a personalized experience. On the day-of, Samora was on time, organized and kept the focus on keeping our special moment just that. She talked us through the steps leading up to the ceremony, setting our minds at ease and orchestrating a beautiful service. Truth be told, in all of the commotion and nervousness leading up to the big moment, the rings were misplaced, by the husband-to-be, in a waiting area before the ceremony. It did not occur to us until at the altar that there were no rings. Samora instinctively picked up what had occurred without being told and continued with the ceremony reassuring us that we would have a symbolic exchange in place of the ring exchange. Amazingly, a family member located the rings just in time for this part of the service, and Samora simply reincorporated them. She seamlessly delivered the service without the guests even realizing that the ring debacle occurred. It was a rollercoaster of an experience and Samora was ever the professional. The ceremony was perfect in the end. Samora has a special way with people and understanding what brings them together. We are forever indebted to her and cannot speak highly enough of how incredible of a person she is to us. Thank you Samora.

Reviewed on 4/07/2017 Tamara G

Rev. Samora was amazing! We eloped to New York City so we did not know what to expect. She spent time talking to us before we arrived to go over the location and the details of the ceremony which really put my mind at ease. When we got there (Dec. 26, 2016 at Rockefeller Center)... Read More it was packed and I had no idea how we would have a ceremony, let alone hear each other. Rev. Samora had already scoped out the perfect spot so we met with her and headed that way. We had our own private area and had no problems with the crowd or hearing each other. We wanted a general ceremony so we did not have specific requests to be added. The ceremony she wrote was beautiful and even though it was not specifically drafted to us, it said exactly how we felt towards each other. I have been working weddings as a caterer and later as a planner (so I have seen hundreds of ceremonies) and I balled my eyes out during my own because it felt so much like us and what we wanted to say. Rev. Samora was fun to work with and she made our special day amazing! Having so much experience with weddings and working with her on my own wedding, I would recommend her to everyone getting married in NYC. She was a delight to work with and made our day seamless. Thank you for making our ceremony so memorable!

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Mic M

We received many compliments from our guests regarding Samora's ceremony. We wanted something meaningful, words focused on keeping matrimony at the core, and non-religious. Samora provided us a write up and we took the time to provide her our comments - she did an amazing job.... Read More Short, sweet, and meaningful - thank you for officiating our wedding!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Patrick D

We had a surprise wedding, so Rev.Samora had to blend into our "going away" party and even handle the difficult, "how do you know them,' questions easily, until it was time for her to step forward and marry us. It was a pleasure working with her and getting her guidance on... Read More writing our vows. Her approach and lovely words added such a special touch to a wonderful night, I couldn't recommend Rev. Samora more highly!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Amy C

I highly recommend Rev. Samora. My husband and I decided to get married on pretty short notice in a very small ceremony in the Central Park Conservatory Gardens. We knew it might be a challenge to balance what we wanted (an intimate, secular ceremony) against the expectations of... Read More some of our more religious family members. Rev. Samora struck the perfect balance and tone for the ceremony - everyone was happy! She also helped us organize a photographer and took care of all other logistics, allowing us to enjoy the day and each other. I was 5 months pregnant when we got married so I was especially grateful for such a seamless, stress-free experience. Rev. Samora is everything you could ask for - thoughtful, organized, flexible, and punctual. 5 stars!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Haik H

We had Reverend Samora recommended to us very close to our wedding day after another officiant flaked on us. She did a great job working with us to create the unique ceremony we had in mind: melding Persian traditions with some of our own original ideas. She was very calming,... Read More warm and did a great job of letting the ceremony breathe on it's own. She was the perfect presence for our big day!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016

Rev. Samora was our officiant for our April 7th, 2016 wedding and our very small and personal ceremony was absolutely perfect! Samora was super professional and easy to work with. She was the utmost perfect fit for our short, sweet, and light hearted ceremony in Central Park. I... Read More would highly recommend Rev. Samora and Common Ground Ceremonies 100 times over!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Moeisha M

Moeisha & Jason – May 23, 2016 We were recently married in May 2016 and could not have asked for a better ceremony! It all started with our decision to employ Rev. Samora Smith on behalf of “Common Ground Ceremonies” as our officiant and day-of wedding coordinator. From our... Read More first meeting with Samora, we undoubtedly knew she was the right fit. We were easily swayed by her warm demeanor, attention to detail and genuine interest in getting to know us. Her involvement was consistent throughout the entire planning process as she not only provided us with a general framework but was also there to help us fill in the blanks each step of the way. She helped us merge our existing ideas and non-ideas (things we either overlooked or were not sure of) and was able to utilize our unique input to create and customize our ideal ceremony. She accomplished this by listening, learning our story and sharing our vision. All of this at a very affordable price, we could not have asked for more! Samora’s insight and resourcefulness came in handy as well. She is very well-versed with the NYC landscape and made several suggestions during our planning. She has great knowledge of potential ceremony locations, reception venues, hotels for out-of-town guests and even transportation. We were so pleased after surveying several locations when Samora recommended and helped us finalize the perfect spot in Central Park for our ceremony. (The Cop Cot, which we highly recommend to anyone planning a Spring/Summer wedding in the park). Samora also arranged and booked a musician to play live guitar during our ceremony. Beyond that, she even advised us to have a back-up location on stand-by just in case of bad weather. Thankfully, the day was beautiful but it was just one more thing that gave us peace of mind on our big day. The list goes on and on… She was always on time, very organized, always brought a great attitude and always had answers (or suggestions) when we had concerns. These are some of the measureable attributes, but we were more impressed with the intangibles she brought forth. The ownership and pride she took in overseeing our special ceremony is what truly set her apart from the rest. She made it so easy for us and our big day was truly AMAZING to say the least thanks to Samora. We highly recommend “Common Ground Ceremonies” to take your wedding celebration to the next level!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 jim l

Rev Samora executed very well for our small intimate marriage ceremony in nyc. She was attentive to the details, coming in to adjust my wife's gown during her procession to the altar and doing so naturally and gently. She also carried out the marriage ceremony with an air of... Read More authority through our readings (well written by her), vow and ring exchanges to the kissing of the bride that moved our families. I would definitely recommend Rev Samora to officiant for any intimate marriage ceremony in the city.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Genna J

Reverend Samora was fantastic. She made us feel very comfortable about the planning process and employs a system that is easy to use and completely stress free. We told her that we wanted a ceremony that touched on religion but focused more on love and our relationship. After... Read More receiving some information from us, Samora was able to craft a beautiful ceremony that went exactly as we had hoped. Samora was incredibly easy to work with and did a great job. We highly recommend her.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Betty C

My husband and I are from Houston and only had a few weeks to plan a wedding in Central Park. Our main concern was finding the perfect person to officiate our wedding, I believe we could not have made a better choice. Rev. Samora was very attentive from day one to all of our... Read More questions and concerns, she did an amazing job putting us at ease so that we could have an unforgettable day. Through the process she seemed to be only interested in making sure our day was perfect. Our ceremony was AMAZING we would do it all over again!!! Thanks Rev. Samora!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Gulya H

We are very happy we found Reverend Samora. It was a perfect fit, exactly what we have been looking for. We didn't want to share our special day with anyone. We, of course, needed an officiant. We found her and there was immediately a click. we are grateful and happily married!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 N R

Rev. Samora was the best officiant we could have ever dreamed of! From the very beginning, she was highly responsive and worked with us to customize the ceremony to what we wanted. She helped us pick out a beautiful location, and helped us arrange a contingency for a weather... Read More event as well. She was incredibly sweet, thoughtful, and warm throughout, just the type of person you would want at such an important occasion in your life. I can't imagine the ceremony going any better - and it was all thanks to Rev. Samora!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Diana B

Samora made everything so easy and laid back! We did not worry about a thing and she did such a beautiful job on our ceremony!!! I would definitely recommend her to anyone and everyone!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Gina H

From the moment my wife and I met Rev. Samora I knew she was going to be perfect to marry us. She met us in a convenient location and was right on time! She explained everything that would happen from the beginning to the end which put our minds at ease. She was very... Read More professional and from there on walked us through every step of the way, From getting to know us through a cute activity between my wife and I, to creating the perfect ceremony for us review before finalizing it. She was very responsive through our crazy nerves and knew just what to say to assure us that everything would be perfect. On the day of the wedding she showed up on time and ready to share our beautiful day with us. Our families LOVED our ceremony, we got so many compliments on it! I couldn't of asked for a better person to marry us, we have not one complaint. Thank you Rev. Samora for everything!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Shane M

Mwe couldnt of asked for a nicer person to officiate our cermony.we live in ireland and was very daunting but our minds were put at ease for the start.our cermony was perfect and after our cermony we didnt have to worry about the legal side as it was all taken car of for us.we... Read More couldnt reccomend rev samora enough.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Charlie D

Rev. Samora made our wedding day perfect! We had several discussions with her in advance so she could get to know us and what we were looking for, and then she tailored the ceremony accordingly. It was a very intimate, personal wedding with just our kids and parents, and she... Read More brought just the right energy and love to make it truly special!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Sheri B

Rev. Samora was hands down the very best choice for us! We narrowed down our options to 3 officiants, then made phone appointments. Rev. Samora was delightful and so resourceful. After speaking with her, we didn't even call the 3rd option. Our choice was made! In retrospect I... Read More wish we had found her first in the wedding planning process to provide us insight on all the other details because she was so knowledgeable and helpful. We really had no idea what details we wanted specifically, even after MONTHS of internet searches, and Rev. Samora helped us decide almost everything in a 30 minute phone call. Ours was a destination wedding so we never officially met Rev. Samora until our wedding day. She was great on the phone, but can that standard really hold up in person? Yes, you bet it can! She was amazing! In true wedding fashion, as I have been told, complications occur, especially in NYC with everyone from out of town. Traffic was in gridlock. Even a few subway lines shut down causing some guests and some of the wedding party to be late. We weren't going to get the wedding pictures we wanted because part of our wedding time was in traffic and the photographer had another wedding to attend. To top, we had a bridesmaid with a very unanticipated hangover. So, to say my patience was exceeded when I met Rev. Samora for the first time is a stark understatement. I still don't know how she did it, but she calmed me and took care of EVERYTHING!! She pushed back the time, she negotiated the photographer issue, and put a huge smile on everyone's faces, especially ours, that we didn't even know was possible, particularly for a person we had never met. We can't begin to thank her enough for the beautiful and heartfelt ceremony she performed for us. She took the time to learn "our story" and what was important to us to include it in the ceremony. She made it personal and nothing short of absolute perfection! So many people at our wedding commented afterwards about how delightful, welcoming, and wonderful she was! Having such a high level of professionalism and at the same time such warmth is truly a gift! A gift that we feel so fortunate to have experienced! You will not be disappointed! TOP NOTCH!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Yvette M

I got married this year by this wonderful sweet lady. I have already spoken to my wife and when we renew our vowels she will be the one to do the job she's great and I will recommend her to anyone.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Brittany M

Samora is a great choice, we enjoyed having her as our officiant.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Matthew D

Samora did a wonderful job with our ceremony. We had some challenges due to it being an interfaith ceremony. Both of our mothers were apprehensive but ended up loving her ceremony. She took the time to get to know us, developed a beautiful ceremony and exceeded all our... Read More expectations. Many guests came up to compliment her on the service. I would highly recommend her.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Tekeisha F

Reverend Samora officiated my ceremony in Central Park this past May and she was amazing! Her words were beautiful and she gave off a peaceful presence that calmed my husband and my jitters. We ran a half hour late due to traffic and even though she had a hectic schedule that... Read More day she kindly excused our lateness and still gave us a beautiful intimate ceremony. We are very happy and grateful that we found Rev. Sambora and would highly recommend her if you are looking for someone who fits right in like family.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Christopher G

Samora was a pleasure to work with. We did not want our ceremony to be super formal or religious, and Samora helped take our "love story" and shape it into a beautiful and naturally flowing wedding. We were a small, intimate group, and Samora fit right in and made everyone feel... Read More comfortable and relaxed. I would recommend her for anyone who wants to take the stress out of their special day, I can attest that she is one less thing you will need to worry about!