Rhea McCarter Makeup, Adore Makeup Salon

ATX, Hill Country, Wimberly, Georgetown, Houston and Dallas

Beautiful Hair and Makeup for Your Wedding

From the engagement session to the reception, I want to help you feel and look your absolute best. We will create a custom, flawless look that radiates your beauty. My brides vary from natural to glamorous; from intimate wedding parties to the most inclusive. *on-location and airbrush certified

Beauty Group Bookings, Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Airbrushed Makeup, Eyelash Extensions, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Waxing, Beauty

3425 Bee Cave Road, Westlake Hills, TX ATX, Hill Country, Wimberly, Georgetown, Houston and Dallas (512) 524-0208

Reviewed on 8/23/2016 Cat L

Rhea McCarter is a goddess!! From the first point of contact, to the finishing touches at the hotel, Rhea and her team were grade A, amazing. I had first found out about Adore when I was searching around for a potential vendor for wedding hair and makeup. Later in the planning... Read More process, Rhea's name came up again when my planner recommended her and her team. With my wedding nerves, I ended up booking hair and makeup much longer in the process than suggested. Rhea didn't even mind! She was communicative and helpful every step of the way, even when I wasn't sure what kind of makeup and hair would look best on me. She and her team worked with me to find a look that I felt 100% confident in. As someone who does not wear makeup often, I was nervous that I wouldn't know how to express how I wanted to look on the big day. I talked with Rhea about the features that I liked best about my face and myself, and I showed her pictures of times when I felt like the makeup that I had done myself look awesome. She made my favorite features shine, and she was able to keep my look true to me. In addition to getting my makeup done by Rhea, I had the privilege of getting my hair done by Chancy! With long curly hair all the way down my back, I (again) was nervous that I had way too much hair to do anything. Literally not a problem at all, in fact Chancy reassured me that I had great hair to style. It is amazing to work with such wonderful women who truly listen to you and genuinely want the best for you! Rhea stands with an amazing team of stylists. Everyone was incredibly friendly, very professional, communicative, understanding, and acknowledging. I had a diverse group of women with me on my wedding day, all with different styles and preferences, and each one made it a point to tell me how satisfied they were with Adore Makeup, Rhea and her team. I cannot wait to work with Rhea again!

Reviewed on 1/02/2017 Rachel T

Rhea and Chancy are the sweetest! They both really take the time to listen to what you want, and make it happen! They are both so sweet, kind and patient. They were great in my trial run, and even better on the wedding day! They made every girl unique and beautiful! Thank... Read More you ladies!

Reviewed on 5/27/2016 Kristi M

I loved the 2 stylists we had the day of the wedding! Both of them did a wonderful job on my hair and my bridesmaid's hair. Everyone had requested some sort of braided style, and they all looked beautiful! Rhea was also very nice to work with during the planning process. There... Read More was a last minute scheduling error the day of my trial run and she discounted the cost even though I was seen that day, which I really appreciated.

Reviewed on 4/26/2017 Colleen D

I absolutely LOVE Rhea and her team at Adore Salon! I searched forever for someone to do my hair and makeup (I'm very picky) and had several trials. I had Rhea do my makeup for my bridal portraits as well as my wedding day. She listens to exactly what you want and then... Read More executes the look Flawlessly! She takes her time and really makes sure she brings our your natural beauty while still making you look glam! I got airbrush makeup and fake lashes and the coverage was perfect without being cakey or oily. I woke up the morning after my wedding and nothing on my face had moved, including lashes! This is pretty impressive since I am a hard sleeper and had sweated a ton the on my wedding night while dancing. On top of being so great at makeup artistry, Rhea is just an amazingly sweet person! She made me feel so comfortable and at ease, and was always so kind and professional. Perla is also wonderful and did my hair as well as most of my bridesmaids hair for the wedding. She is super fast, and does a great job. All my maids were super happy with their hair and it stayed In all night! I can't thank Rhea and Perla enough for making me look so perfect on my big day!

2017-04-26T12:11:51 Response from the vendor

Colleen! Thank you So much for your sweet words. Perla and I loved being apart of your wedding day xoxo We can't wait to see photos!! Congratulations! Rhea

Reviewed on 4/21/2017 Ashley P

Rhea did my makeup for bridal portraits and for my wedding day. She is truly talented. She knew the work of my photographer and did my makeup to fit the lighting style they typically use. She did such a phenomenal job! She pulls out your features and gives such a flawless look.... Read More Chancey did my hair in two different styles. I showed her pictures and she did my hair exactly the way I had hoped for. This salon is top notch. Thank you Rhea!! And thank you Chancey!!!

Reviewed on 3/30/2017 Samantha B

I had a wonderful experience at Adore. Terra and Shirley made me feel beautiful! I am so incredibly grateful. Not only are they extremely talented at what they do, they are so nice. My trial was great, and Terry and Shirley really listened to what I wanted. I realized that the... Read More picture I shower Terra (and she did exactly what I showed her), wasn't actually what I wanted. No fault of hers, I just changed my mind! Terra so nicely offered to do another complimentary trial. I wish these ladies could follow me around and make me feel so beautiful everyday! Once I get pictures I will be sure to post them! Thanks Terra and Shirley! You are THE BEST!

Reviewed on 1/26/2017 Alli B

I cannot praise Rhea and her team more. They were so sweet and personable the whole day. Whenever we had changes in the MUAH schedule they were able to adjust so easily. They were very accommodating if the girls changed their mind about small details with their looks. The girls... Read More looked GORGEOUS and are still talking about Rhea's Beyonce story ;) Thank you Rhea, Chancey, and Kelsey!!

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Grace H

The team at Adore Salon did an amazing job on my hair and makeup for my wedding day. Terra did a wonderful job with my up-do and seamlessly incorporated my grandmother's vintage hair clip. Larkin understood my desire for a natural look and worked her magic to make me feel like... Read More a more elegant version of myself. Both of these ladies helped make me feel truly beautiful on my wedding, I would highly recommend Adore.

Reviewed on 8/07/2016 Lauren T

Love, love, love Rhea and her team at Adore! They are the sweetest ladies and made me feel more beautiful than I even thought possible. I first visited them for my engagement photos and they were so sweet. I will admit that I'm not super into hair and makeup so I pretty much... Read More went in with vague ideas/descriptions of what I wanted, but Rhea and her team provided ideas and made me look perfect! I then did my trials with them for my bridal portraits and they again were amazing. This time I brought in pictures of what I wanted with my hair but didn't really know what I wanted for makeup. But fear not, Rhea asked me some questions and decided to go with a classic, "Kate Middleton" look and needless to say, I was beyond pleased! She also mentioned that she saved some other tricks for my actual wedding day so that I would feel even more beautiful on my wedding day (although i didn't even think that could be possible!). Then on the wedding day they were beyond amazing. Rhea and her team spent all day with us at the hotel getting my bridesmaids, my mother, my mother-in-law, and grandmothers all prepped for the big night. They were so fun and I they felt like part of our group throughout the entire day. Also, I don't know how it's possible but Chancy and Rhea had done my hair/makeup for my engagement pictures and bridal portraits, both of which made me feel more beautiful than ever, but on my wedding day they pulled out all the stops and made me feel like the most beautiful version of myself! I can't even put into words how spectacular they made me feel on the most important day of my life. I got so many compliments and so did my mom, mother-in-law, grandmothers and bridesmaids! My bridesmaids couldn't stop raving about how amazing Rhea and the team at Adore were. If you're looking for a solid hair/makeup team for you wedding, Adore is the place for you!

Reviewed on 5/05/2016 Shannon Z

I had Rhea do my makeup for my engagement photos, bridal portraits and my wedding day. I can not rave enough about her! She also did all of my bridesmaids and my mother and they looked so beautiful. She gives you exactly what you want and really makes your vision come to... Read More life. My husband told me before the wedding he didn't want me to wear a lot of makeup and Rhea was able to make it look natural for him but enough to show in photos. And the best part is, Ryan loved it! She is so personable too and runs a very professional business. I am so happy with my wedding makeup! I highly recommend using Rhea for your big day!!!

Reviewed on 5/03/2016 Brittany V

She did a great job on everyone for my wedding! She is very nice and is willing to travel which helps out a lot.

Reviewed on 4/23/2016 Stephen E

I can’t thank Adore Salon enough for making my wedding day and photos a huge success. Everyone raved about my hair and I have had a ton of compliments on how great I look in my wedding pictures and Adore played a huge part in that. I did a trial run with Katie for my hair and... Read More Brooke for my makeup which gave me confidence about how it would turn out on the wedding day and allowed me to make some alterations. They were both super sweet and worked with me to make sure everything turned out exactly how I wanted it. Katie and Brooke are very talented. Thanks Adore!

Reviewed on 4/12/2016 Ryan M

So grateful for Adore and their team! Rhea was a delight to work with from day one. She was so communicative and helpful, and genuinely seemed to want to help! She set me up with Kassy & Kelly for my make-up and hair, and these two were gems! Kassy obviously loves doing make-up... Read More and made me feel like the most beautiful bride. She's also just a fun, lovely person! Kelly went above and beyond to make my wedding hair vision a reality. She even went so far as to perfect her craft in the type of hairstyle I was wanting, so that I really had the exact style I wanted (old hollywood glam). My bridesmaids loved how their hair and make-up turned out too! I'd recommend this salon, and these ladies to anyone looking to feel beautiful for an event!

Reviewed on 4/09/2016

Terra and Larkin are fantastic!! I LOVED my bridal and bridesmaids makeup and hair. I had hoped to get Rhea or one of the others mentioned in reviews but they were booked so I worried initially when I was assigned Larkin for makeup and hair with Terra. I had heard from others... Read More that all artists from Adore are top notch and they were right! I can't say enough how happy I was with how beautiful they made us look! All of the bridesmaids were so happy too, and said it was the best they had had! I also was supposed to get my hair done by a friend of a friend and she cancelled last minute so Rhea was able to accommodate my hair to be done with Terra along with the bridesmaids. They were both such sweet girls and were willing to make several changes and completely got my vision for what I was wanting. I got a trial for both in the days before which I recommend, making the day a bit easier. The costs are a bit high but they are SO worth it, you won't regret it!!

Reviewed on 3/21/2016 Erica B

Rhea + Chancy = Dream Team! Oh my goodness, I cannot say enough great things about these two. Admittedly, finding someone for hair & makeup was something I was the most nervous about. Not being from Austin, I asked a to of my other vendors for advice on who they might recommend.... Read More Someone from my venue recommended Rhea and it was love at first email! After carefully looking through the portfolios and speaking over the phone, I decided to go with Adore Makeup Boutique + Salon. I was able to look through the hair gallery as well and requested to work with Chancy. We booked everything and setup a trial. The trial was perfect! I was so nervous but ended up loving everything! Chancy is the sweetest and really wants to make your vision come to life. Rhea is so skilled at what she does. She knows exactly how to work with different face shapes and skin tones and will tell you if what you are looking to do makes sense for your features. She is AMAZING. Both her and Chancy made me feel so wonderful and special and made little tweaks at my request. After the trial I felt so confident for the wedding. It didn't seem possible, but after altering just a few little things from the trial to the wedding, my hair and makeup came out even better on my wedding day! My bridesmaids, mother and mother-in-law all absolutely loved working with Rhea and Chancy and looked STUNNING! Seriously, everyone looked absolutely perfect I couldn't even believe it! Not only is their work of the absolute highest quality, they are the most genuine and beautiful people on the inside and out! They made getting ready so fun and it wouldn't have been the same without them. Even our videographer commented on how much fun and lovely to work with they were. If you are like me, a little nervous about hair and makeup because it never seems to turn out right, please do yourself a favor and go here. I've never felt more beautiful then I did on my wedding day thanks to these ladies. I highly HIGHLY recommend!

Reviewed on 2/02/2016 Emily S

We hired Rhea and Chancy to do our makeup and hair for my wedding on NYE. These ladies not only amazed me when we did my trial and bridal shoot, but they amazed my entire wedding party on our wedding day! I'm just about the last of my friends to get married, so we've been... Read More through wedding hair and makeup many times, but it was unanimous among my friends that this was the best hair and makeup we've ever had. I am so happy I stumbled across their website when I was looking for vendors. It's the best feeling to know you can absolutely trust the ladies in charge of how you are going to look on your wedding day. Plus, Rhea and Chancy are just the sweetest and brought such a fun vibe to the room while we were getting ready. I can't thank you both enough!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Linh D

Kelley and Rhea did an amazing job on my wedding hair and makeup. It was so wonderful to get the pampered treatment! They made me feel beautiful inside and outside! I received a lot of compliments from friends and family. I don't think I've ever felt so glamorous as I did that... Read More day-- every woman should have that feeling. I caught myself admiring the hair and makeup throughout the evening. I was really amazed at how well the makeup held especially since I did have a cry moment. And, later in the evening when my husband and I were dancing, he was in the act of spinning me when his shirt cuff got caught on my hairpiece! Fortunately, the photographer helped untangle us. But even then, the hair still held up and looked good. Kelley and Rhea listened to me and made sure that the hair and makeup was exactly my style. They were very flexible and patient with my concerns and changes.

Loved the Adore staff!

Reviewed on 9/29/2015 Sara E

I got married a couple of weeks ago, and Larkin applied my makeup and Kelley styled my hair. These girls were as sweet as can be and very talented! (They also beatified my mom as well as a handful of my bridesmaids.) If I had the option, I would hire them all over again!

Perfection!

Reviewed on 9/06/2015 Hayley H

When I got engaged and started choosing vendors...there was not a doubt in my mind that I wanted Adore Salon to provide hair and make up for me and my girls. I have had Rhea Mccarter Craft do my make up for previous weddings (not to mention my engagements) and she is hands down... Read More the best. She is an artist- she did such a wonderful job making my look beautiful while still looking natural and looking like myself. When she does my make up I dont have to change a thing ( I usually do little changes or touch ups with other make up artists). And hair ....Samantha Denby (who has been my hair stylist and friend for over 10 years) is just the best of the best. She had my hair looking EXACTLY as I wanted it and it stayed the entire night, looked perfect from start to finish. The other hair stylists and make up artisist that works don my wedding party were wonderful too. Everyone was satisfied and we all looked beautiful. adore is very timely and professional, while being fun and personable at the same time. I give my highest recommendation for this salon!

Brooke Amber fantastic makeup artist!

Reviewed on 8/14/2015 Jennifer L

I booked my and 4 of my bridesmaids full makeup as well as airbrush makeup through Adore Salon. Brooke did a fantastic job! Everyone looked stunning and loved their look. Brooke was easy to work with and was adaptable to different styles.

Reviewed on 6/29/2015 Stacy S

Adore was great! They came to my hotel and did hair and makeup for me, my two bridesmaids and both moms. At the last minute, we were also able to add hair for two flowergirls and a grandmother and they couldn't have been more accommodating. Everyone looked great and my uncle... Read More (who is a hairdresser himself) said that whatever we paid, it was worth it because our hair looked great. In my opinion, it doesn't get better than that.

Awesome service at Adore!

Reviewed on 6/08/2015 Callie T

Myself (the bride), all my bridesmaids, and my flowergirl all got their hair done at Adore and we LOVED it! Brooke did my hair and makeup as well as some of my bridesmaids. Chances did several of my bridesmaids and flowergirl. Rhea did all the bridesmaid makeup at the makeup... Read More bar... Awesome affordable option! We did it all at the salon which was a fun, relaxing environment! A+! We loved it!

Perfect Wedding Day Hair & Makeup!

Reviewed on 4/23/2015 Elizabeth S

Adore did a wonderful, wonderful job with my wedding day! They did hair and makeup for me (the bride!), my bridesmaids and both mothers and everyone loved their hair and makeup. We specifically used Terra for hair and Alex for makeup and they were both great at reading each... Read More person’s individual style and customizing their hair and makeup for them. I loved my hair and makeup for the wedding day, I couldn’t imagine it looking any better and I was so happy with the final result. Thank you so much!

Alex and Adore Salon is AMAZING!

Reviewed on 3/31/2015 Kristin G

I used Adore (and Alex) for my engagement pictures and knew that I wanted to use them again for my wedding day. I showed Alex a few pictures and she could not have gotten the look I was going for to be more perfect! I was beyond excited and happy with how my makeup turned out... Read More - I actually looked liked me! Alex was super sweet (as usual) and even gave me a hug when she left - it was like my best friend was doing my makeup for my big day. I definitely recommend Adore and especially Alex for anyone's wedding or event needs! I wish I could have Alex do my hair every day!

Larkin is amazing!

Reviewed on 3/03/2015 Elizabeth T

I seriously considered doing my own make-up for my wedding. I'm Asian, and so many times, I've had my make-up done, would leave feeling great. However, when I looked back at pictures later, either I wouldn't recognize myself because my eye make-up was completely wonky, my... Read More foundation made me look like a ghost, or I would look older than I actually am. Rhea, the owner of the salon, was booked, so she referred me to Larkin. You can skip to the last paragraph to see my concise review of her work. Instead of a make-up trial run, I decided to book a make-up lesson with Larkin. Brides: I feel like this is the more practical and economical way to go. You leave with some fun tips and tricks, and you get to try some new products on yourself that you can purchase. During the trial, Larkin did NOT recommend airbrush foundation for my skin. I thought I found a match made in heaven because I feel it is so difficult to truly obtain a natural look with airbrush foundation. The make-up lesson was not only fun but informative, and this is coming from a girl who loves make-up. I brought my own make-up and brushes to the session and we used both a mix of my own colors/make-up and Adore's make-up bar to create a shimmery smokey cat eye with browns, bold red lips for a pop of glam, and natural looking skin. The look was completed with light contouring and highlighting. Larkin showed me how to do a technique on one side of my face and I completed the look on the other side of the face. She took her time with me, and she's incredibly sweet and fun! After all was said and done, the way she did my make-up is how I like to do my make-up for a glam night out, and I felt I was in safe hands the day of my wedding. I still went back and forth about actually paying to get my make-up done the day of the wedding, but come wedding day, I didn't regret it. I sat back, relaxed, and let Larkin do her thing. She remembered the look I had at the make-up lesson, which was 8 months prior! I requested to use my own foundation and highlighters as well as brow pomade, which she was happy to use. She used her own products for the rest of my face. I decided the wedding day to change my lipstick color to a pink. Larkin showed me some options, and I walked away with a perfect color combination of lipstick and gloss after a 2 minute discussion! I went back to Sephora 3 times prior to the wedding day looking for that perfect shade of pink, which I just couldn't obtain with the help of the consultants. My 2 bridesmaids and my sister, also all Asian, also had their make-up done the day of my wedding. Larkin catered to exactly what they wanted and what they were comfortable with in regards to their look. One bridesmaid wanted a smokey eye look, the other 2 don't often wear make-up and wanted looks that were minimal. Just like at the make-up lesson, Larkin took her time, listened closely to each person's intentions, and everyone looked flawless! We each received a small sample of the lip stuff that we chose to touch-up the rest of the night. All of the words above really just illustrate that I am extremely picky with my own make-up and my make-up artist, which is based on my love of make-up and my own past experiences. Larkin was well-worth the money I paid for her services and more. She is sweet, fun, professional, and extremely talented. She listens to what you want and caters to your comfort level. Book this woman for your wedding now!