Rialto Square Theatre

Joliet, IL

A Fairytale Setting For Your Storybook Wedding

Imagine walking down the magnificent steps of the grand staircase in the Rialto's Rotunda and greeting your guests for a once-in-a-lifetime storybook wedding. Or having a one of a kind ceremony on our stage in the theatre watching your groom / groomsmen rise up on our orchestra pit, and at your first kiss as man and wife we will cascade you with a flower pedals! Your first dance as man and wife will be crowned by the majestic "Duchess" chandelier. Host your wedding ceremony, reception or both in this elegant, historic setting.

Civil Union, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-Religious Ceremony, Religious Ceremony, Same Sex Ceremony, Second Wedding , Vow Renewal Ceremony

Ballroom, Historic Venue

15 E. Van Buren St., Joliet, IL (815) 726-7171

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Randi C

Our wedding was beyond our wildest dreams. Nancy is absolutely amazing and kept our wedding day 100% stress free. I can't say enough how perfect this venue is.

2017-07-18T13:37:42 Response from the vendor

I'm so happy for the both of you!! you both looked amazing and so happy together I wish you all the best for a long and happy life!!!

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Kristy S

Very easy to work with! They have so many ideas to make your wedding special, and Nancy is very accommodating and easy to talk to. Thank you Rialto for an unforgettable experience!

2017-08-15T10:35:21 Response from the vendor

It was my pleasure helping you with the wedding of your dreams!!! It was a perfect day and your guest had a great time and they will always remember your wedding day!! All my best to the both of you!!!

The Wedding of Our Dreams!

Reviewed on 10/07/2014 Stephanie L

My partner and I got hitched at the Rialto Square two weeks ago. We knew after the our first meeting with event coordinator Trish Stoner that we wanted to get married on that stage. As theater folk, we had a great time planning our own ceremony on stage. Between Trish, tech... Read More director Laurie, and Marietha we felt like there was nothing we couldn't do! They made the planning process feel seamless. You do have to get vendors outside but they have an amazing list of folks who know the space and were equally wonderful to work with! We were able to purchase our bar package here. We had the ceremony on stage and then our reception in the hall with the rotunda serving as the dance floor. Such a beautiful, opulent space! We had a great time meeting with Trish and Laurie a few weeks before the big day for a "production meeting" to work out the details of the day. It was like planning a theater production. So much fun! They were very open and played with the lighting and sound to really amp up the drama we wanted. We got to enter and exit through the orchestra pit! Our names were on the marquee. There was a red carpet entrance in the lobby for guests. It felt very old Hollywood. I have never felt so glamorous in my life! They did an amazing job with keeping everyone on time (as a working theater this is no surprise) and also keeping up the sense of play. Everyone was enthusiastic and as joyful as we felt the whole day! They all love what they do and go above and beyond. The space is a dream, the staff is stellar, and the experience is one we will cherish forever.

Fairy Tale Wedding!

Reviewed on 9/23/2012 Lindsay F

The Rialto is truly a hidden gem in Joliet. The architecture is stunning and this provides an elegant setting for a wedding. We had our reception only at this venue but they do also offer the ceremony on location. There are so many interesting details you can incorporate with... Read More the unique theater setting. From distributing escort card tickets from a vintage ticket booth to photos in the historic theater to being announced for the first time entering down the grand staircase, this venue provides an experience like none other. As this is not a standard wedding venue, all vendors come from outside with the exception of the drink package which must be purchased through the Rialto. The Rialto has a list of preferred vendors which are familiar with many of the unique considerations needed for this venue – we chose to use a caterer, bakery and linen provider all on their list and it worked out great. We ended up hiring a day of coordinator to make sure that everything went smoothly with all of the different vendors, but the Rialto does have a coordinator who helps you leading up to the day of. Trish was very helpful in providing information on what the venue allowed and providing some suggestions on what works best there. One thing I will point out that is important to consider is that the acoustics at the venue provide somewhat of a challenge. As guests are seated in the main hall and the DJ is located in the Rotunda, it is difficult to regulate the volume for all guests to hear. Our DJ added speakers in the main hall to help with this known challenge. The dance floor was situated in the Rotunda and was perfect – it was a great size and it was nice to have a few tables nearby for family to sit after dinner ended. Our DJ welcomed everyone around the rotunda to watch our special dances because if guests are seated at their tables in the main hall, it will be difficult to watch. This seemed to work out fine for us. We would absolutely recommend this venue for a wedding – it truly is a fairy tale setting!

Rialto reception

Reviewed on 9/15/2011 nina b

the Rialto was extremely easy to work with. They also did an amazing job making sure that everything was perfect for our special day.

Beautiful venue, terrible management

Reviewed on 8/29/2011 Lindsey J

The Theatre itself is absolutely gorgeous, the problems we encountered were with the staff and management. First, our issues started with communicating over the contract--it took over 2 weeks after we requested the contract for it to get to us---and another 2 to get our copy.... Read More We had a very in depth meeting with the management about how things would run. All the details were to be forwarded to the house manager for rehearsal & the wedding day. the house manager was extremely rude & spoke to our entire bridal party like children when explaining the rules of the facility. (We understand we shouldn't run up and down the aisles with alcohol...) After belittling all of us, we were finally able to move on with our rehearsal. The problems the day of began with the rain & the doors that were locked--- the entrance we had discussed using was not available for people to enter. The house manager actually told us that she was not given the complete notes (the notes we had discussed in depth for an hour with the other manager) So instead of relaxing and preparing for our wedding, we were being pulled in different directions before the wedding. My husband was not even able to get the pictures he needed b/c he was being pulled away so much. Why did we have a meeting beforehand if they weren't going to communicate with each other? The next issue occurred when a theatre volunteer took my placecards out of the box they were in (in alphabetical order) and scrambled them up. Clearly causing some issue at the ticket kiosk with my volunteers, because she didn't bother to read the instructions on the box-- Again, the venue is beautiful, but the staff is very difficult to deal with & not very organized.

Beautiful Setting

Reviewed on 8/21/2011 Kari S

What a beautiful setting for our wedding. The venue was amazing and so was the staff. All of our guests LOVED the theatre and it made for great pictures!

Rialto Ceremony/Reception Review

Reviewed on 1/12/2011 Bambi A

The Rialto Square Theater was the most beautiful locations for hosting a wedding especially a holiday one. The venue was already equiped with a stunning Christmas Tree, Wreaths throughout the seating area, and garland with lighting along the long marble stair case. The day of... Read More the wedding, I could have not have asked for more from their staff that included an onsite manager, A/V Director, Stage hands, security, coat check, bartenders, barbacks and numerous volunteers. Prior to the day of, you work with the Event Coordinator, Trish, to handle the logistics. As the bridal planner, you have to understand this is not a typical resort/catering venue to book with. Almost everything needs to be brought in and there are several restrictions as it is a historical Landmark. I asked hundreds of planning questions throughout the year and received a lot of reasoning why some of my concepts could not come to fruition. Just understand the Rialto KNOWS what works and they will make sure by the week of your wedding that you are in the know. At times correspondance was not as quick as I would prefer, but that is because they are not a wedding only venue. The host many shows and have Rialto Charity events, throughout the year. With one person handling the year's events, you have to respect the lag time. We were fortunate to have the ceremony on stage and this was by far the best decision. How could you not after taking in the ornate beauty and seeing the organist play on that famous organ? I would never change the decision to host my wedding here and glad my little childhood dream of having it at the Rialto came true. Everyone in attendance is still making remarks of the unbelievable beauty. Thank goodness I booked the best photographer and videographer to capture it all. Note: glassware is not included so this would need to be rented from a caterer.

Romantic fairy tale!

Reviewed on 8/09/2010 Emily B

The Rialto is the perfect setting for a romantic wedding! The venue was absolutely gorgeous! Everything was perfect and all the guests commented on how amazing it was!

Review for Rialto Square Theatre

Reviewed on 10/30/2008 Michele S

The Rialto Square Theatre is a theatre with a beautiful explande for dinner and rotunda for dancing. It's all marble with a gorgeous chandelier.