Rick Reuther's Music Host Entertainment

Serving all of Michigan

Elegance and Fun!

Friendly, gracious professionals who provide a level of competence and class you may not have thought possible from a DJ company. Explore our signature Jazz pack option with a seamless flow of live dinner music to DJ dance music. Always delivering superb sound and lighting.

Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Bow2008 09
Bow2007

East Grand Rapids, MI
Serving all of Michigan

Classy and stress-free!

Reviewed on 2/29/2012 Courtney S

Booking with Rick Reuther's Music Host Entertainment was the easiest part of our wedding planning process. Our DJ, Andrew Round, was easy to reach, flexible about meeting times, laid back, yet professional. After our initial meeting, I had total confidence that he would do an... Read More amazing job. My husband, Nick, and I decided to go with the Jazz Trio for cocktail hour and dinner, then DJ after dinner. The day of our wedding, Andrew was amazing. He had a presence that could only be described as classy. He looked as good as the wedding party in his tux! He had every detail taken care of; it was clear he knew what he was doing and he was so familiar with the venue and staff that everything was coordinated seamlessly. Every once in a while, he would check in with us to let us know what was coming up next and gave us time to finish up our mingling before we were needed to cut the cake or come up for our first dance, etc. He did so in a relaxed and well-paced manner. Never did it feel like things were dragging along or rushed. The trio was WONDERFUL. I could have listened to them all night! Everyone commented on what a nice touch it brought to the after-ceremony ambiance. They played beautifully and it was perfect for cocktails and dinner. Not too soft, not too harsh. Got people's attention but didn't overpower conversations at the tables. Andrew did a FABULOUS job playing fun music, appealing to different ages and genres. He really kept things lively. Nick and I had established a "No Play" list. No chicken dance, no Macarena, no Grease, etc. We also had a couple artists that we asked not be played. He respected our wishes and did so respectfully! Weeks after our weeding, we were out with friends. When a friend told us that he kept asking our DJ to play (banned artist), Andrew respectfully declined and explained our preferences in a way that was polite but firm, and with a smile. Rather than getting annoyed by his declined request, our friend was impressed with the way Andrew handled the situation. Enough so, that he wanted to make sure that he mentioned it to us! DO NOT GAMBLE WITH ANYONE ELSE in GR; Rick Reuther's does a great job and you will not be disappointed. Ask for Andrew - he's the consummate professional!

We had the night of our lives, and we owe it all t

Reviewed on 7/30/2012 Mallory T

We used Music Host Entertainment for our DJ at our wedding this past Friday. Joel, was absolutely AMAZING! He went above and beyond any expectations we had, our guests were dancing ALL night long!!!

AMAZING! Stop looking and book them now!

Reviewed on 6/19/2012 Betsy R

Can not say enough good things about this DJ company. Great to work with and went above and beyond a normal DJ's job. Made the whole night run smoothly. You WILL NOT REGRET booking them!

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Natalie P

We were so happy we chose Music Host Entertainment for our wedding!! We worked with Andrew Rounds for our wedding a few weeks ago and had nothing but a positive experience from start to finish. I initially set things up through Rick Reuther and he was so helpful and... Read More accommodating linking us up with our DJ. Several weeks before our wedding, my husband and I met with Andrew and he was very professional and organized asking us about song requests, do not play requests, and pronunciation of our parents and bridal party. He had a whole list of questions that we hadn't even thought about and it was nice talking through them together ahead of time. We had a great time and felt very comfortable with one another at the end of this meeting. He told us we could message him at any point before the wedding to add requests or if we had any questions/concerns. The day of our wedding, Andrew showed up early to set up and was dressed professionally in a tuxedo. He did an amazing job acting as both MC and DJ! He kept things running on time and did a great job announcing cake cuttings, speeches, first dances, guest book etc. I had a special dance planned for the groom and he kept this quiet until it was time to perform. He moved from one song to the next seamlessly. From the moment the dance floor opened, it was packed. His music selection was absolutely perfect and he managed to get our requests (and our guests) in throughout the night! I have been to a lot of weddings (and also been in a lot), and I have never seen a packed dance floor at the end of the night until our own. Andrew announced and played the last song and afterwards everyone started chanting for multiple encores because he did such an amazing job! I truly cannot say enough about Andrew and Rick Reuther's. They were so professional and fun to work with. They were very reasonably priced as well. I would 100% work with them again and would recommend them to anyone looking for professional DJ or music services.

Reviewed on 7/24/2016 Mary P

We had the trio and the DJ Kurt for our wedding. Both were very professional and they made the day so easy and stress free. Was one less detail to worry about! The DJ had people out on the dance floor the entire night and the dance floor was never empty!!! They also gave us a... Read More CD at the end of the night with all of the songs played in the evening, which was so thoughtful! Now we will have that memory! Loved booking with them and would highly recommend to anyone!

Reviewed on 7/04/2016 Alicia S

Beyond impressed! We recently used Rick Reuther's MHE to book our DJ and pianist for our wedding. It was great to have so many options of music services to get everything we needed from one company. Joel Steenstra was our DJ and we HIGHLY recommend him. He is professional,... Read More talented and charming, the perfect combo for your reception host! He was also very informative when planning our reception, it made the processes so easy and stress free!

Reviewed on 6/19/2016 Pam V

We highly recommend David White. David set a great atmosphere for our event and kept folks on the dance floor all night. He was excellent at reading the crowd and keeping the party going. He did not make it about himself and was a dignified and engaging host. He contributed... Read More so much to the overall enjoyment of our night, and was amazing to work with leading up to the event. He takes a very thoughtful approach to his job, and made a bunch of really helpful suggestions for which songs we might want to use for different portions of the evening.

Reviewed on 6/02/2016 Breanna F

2 words: Book them! David White was our dj and he did a fantastic job helping us plan and playing our playlist that we had delivered to him. While he was great, the truly magical part was booking the jazz band trio! Wow, they were great and everyone was raving about them! Very... Read More reasonably priced as well. Tom played the piano for the ceremony as well - and it couldn't have been more perfect. You won't have any regrets booking with these folks.

Reviewed on 5/23/2016

So I'm creating an account here just to say that you must, must, choose MusicHost for your wedding and ask for David White. David was beyond amazing. We were having and Iranian/American wedding, with the iranian guests (half of the attendees) traveling in from VA, and my... Read More biggest concern was creating a fun, lively environment for everyone. Some people suggested that I bring in an Iranian DJ from DC, but I thought I'd check out Rick's team. I think I spent more in-person and phone time with David than anyone else associated with the wedding, and his professionalism and excitement turned the evening into a memorable event for everyone. He seemlessly transitioned between the genres that several of the Iranian guests told me (and him) that he mixed the Iranian music better than at any wedding they'd been to. So you're probably not throwing an Iranian/American wedding. But the professionalism and dedication to pull that off first time shows that David can handle anything. People loved him so much they invited him back to an out-of-town reception in VA! Book MusicHost. Ask for David. Have fun.

Reviewed on 3/06/2016 Sarah S

I could not have asked for a better DJ! Andrew was wonderful, not only for the reception but his constant communication the months/weeks leading up to the big day. I also appreciated how quickly Rick called me after I initially inquired on their services. He is very detail... Read More oriented and a pleasure to work with. I'd hire them again in a heartbeat!!!

Slow start but got better

Reviewed on 12/04/2015 Leslie P

I was a little disappointed at the beginning of our reception (after the first dance/ daddy daughter and mother son dances). Our DJ started to play another slow song... To me it got the night off to a slow start. No one wanted to dance after watching the traditional dances and... Read More another slow song starts. Then the music picked up and it was ok. Our DJ then proceeded to play all the group dances (the wobble, cha cha slide, cupid shuffle) all in a row. By the 3rd one people were leaving the dance floor. We did hear all the songs we wanted to hear and he kept to our "do not play list". I just think the flow of the night could have been a little better. Overall it turned out well.

Reviewed on 11/01/2015 Konika V

ICING ON THE CAKE Rick Reuther was recommended to me by my photographer. Rick returned my call the same day. We meet later that week and I booked him (the Trio and DJ) right then and there. One of the best decisions I made! Rick/Joel (the DJ) not only helped with putting... Read More the evening together but with the layout of the venue; since we used a private venue. The day of our wedding was perfect and it would not have been the same without the trio & Joel. The guests LOVED the live music and Joel made every transition (ceremony to cocktail hour to reception) seamless. In fact, our caterer was an HOUR late with the food and thanks to The Trio and Joel our guests never knew! I cannot thank Rick and Joel enough for making our special day so amazing. I recommend them to everyone I know. One of the best decisions I made! VanDrie/Cidanli

Mix of live and D.J.

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Melinda H

We wanted a classic, vintage theme for our wedding, and Rick for the bill wonderfully. We had the live jazz trio during our cocktail hour which went very well to have that special touch of entertainment while the guests waited for us to return from pictures. He serenaded during... Read More the dinner and was wonderful. They also were able to play the ceremony music and were very easy to work with and super accommodating. The DJ was fun and played a great mix the entire night and honored all our wishes! They are higher end, but they wear tuxes and coordinate with the venue throughout the wedding planning, I think they are worth the price tag.

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Jaclyn D

We couldn't have made a better decision in choosing Rick Reuthers to DJ our wedding. My fiancé and I were in a bind and had fired our previous DJ just a month before the wedding. Rick worked with us and personally coordinated with one of his DJ's, David White, to get us on their... Read More schedule. We couldn't be more grateful! David was professional, reliable and put on a great party for us! He worked with us to pick every song, and plan every detail of the reception. We had a blast and would highly recommend David and Music Host Entertainment to anyone looking for a quality, class act. Thank you Rick and David!

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Mariah C

Great company to work with. Rick made it so easy to set everything up and Don our DJ was amazing. Everyone loved the music and we had a full dance floor all night! Definitely recommend you use Music Host Entertainment for your wedding

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 Susan S

Absolutely fantastic. We had Joel and would recommend him to anyone. He met with us prior to our wedding to get to know us and our style of music and he is such a wonderful guy. We couldn't have been happier with our choice!

Reviewed on 9/29/2015

Our guests could not stop raving about the band playing! We had a Gatsby themed wedding, and so they were perfect for a classy looking reception. Joel was amazing as well, and we had a blast dancing, and no one wanted to get off of the dance floor. These guys truly made our day... Read More special, and they are one of the reasons I would want to live it over and over again.

Reviewed on 9/27/2015 Cameo J

Simply Elegant! Rick as part of the Tom Hagen Trio was the highlight of our reception. Rick was responsive and easy to work with. He was able to put together a lovely quartet that played Sinatra style music for our outdoor wedding. They sounded amazing! Our guests are still... Read More talking about the music more than anything else. They added a touch of class and were true professionals. Rick was able to do it all within our modest budget and they even worked with us during the ceremony by allowing my niece to use their equipment to play our wedding march. It was all so seamless that I didn't have to manage or orchestrate any part of it; they just magically made it happen. I HIGHLY recommend that you book them, now! Live music is always better and you'll have the wedding of the season. Thank you to Rick and the gang for helping me create the wedding of my dreams!

Reviewed on 9/24/2015 Anna A

Rick was a delight to work with in making the arrangements for our DJ service. And Joel was our DJ for our September 2015 wedding. He was so great! He was organized, professional, and fun! When he met with us prior to the big day, he really took some time to get to know us and... Read More our expectations. He played great music and had a lot of our family and friends out on the dance floor! I would highly recommend this company and Joel!

Reviewed on 9/19/2015 Brandy B

Rick and his team are as classy and professional as you can get! They had great suggestions on ways we could incorporate different ideas into our special day. They kept the whole night on track and helped everything run smooth. I highly recommend them! Your wedding day is a... Read More special day and you want the very best...and these guys are it!

Reviewed on 9/18/2015

We heard about Music Host from our photographer and she was right. This company is a class act! From each step of the planning to our wedding day, Rick and Kurt (our DJ) were professional, organized, and easy to work with. Kurt ran our reception seamlessly and payed attention to... Read More every detail. Very highly recommend!

Professional, Easy, FUN!

Reviewed on 7/07/2015 Kaitlyn M

Music Host Entertainment knows what they're doing! Rick handled all the booking and payments and was quick to reply to all my emails and phone calls. He was very professional and checked in a few times to make sure I was happy with the assigned DJ and the professionalism he... Read More had. DJ Joel was our hired DJ and I would highly recommend requesting him. I live in Chicago and he was very flexible in times available to meet while I was visiting the SW Michigan area. He made it very well known that he was there for me. We hired him so he was working for us and he told us that many times over. He genuinely wanted to get to know me and my fiancé personally so he could get a good feel for the type of people we were and the type of feel we wanted at our wedding reception. From the music played while guests entered the ballroom to the last song of the night, everything went seamlessly. We wanted a party that didn't stop and we sure had a great time! Thank you to both Rick and Joel for all your help in making our special day fun!

Reviewed on 6/22/2015

Our host was Jim Rademaker, and he did a fabulous job. We were thrilled with his work. Jim spoke in advance with my daughter and her fiancé, the bride and groom, and completely followed their wishes for tone, music selections, and schedule. He was set up by the time the... Read More reception started, worked with our venue to make sure the champagne would be ready for the toasts, introduced himself and reviewed the night's schedule with us, and played great background music during dinner. Our dance floor was full all night--Jim played the songs we'd requested and sensed our guests' tastes. He interjected humor at the right times and otherwise stayed out of the way of the music. The tone Jim set was classy and elegant, and we had a fantastic evening. I heartily recommend Rick Reuther's Music Host.

Reviewed on 6/13/2015 Emily B

We would not hesitate to recommend Rick Reuther's Music Host Entertainment to anyone and everyone! Rick was very helpful in answering all our initial questions and organizing the perfect music plans for our wedding. He set up a live jazz trio to play during our cocktail hour... Read More and dinner, who were wonderful and even surprised us by playing a song with vocals by my cousin! We had a piano but no pianist for our ceremony, so Rick arranged for the pianist from the trio, Tom Hagan, played for our ceremony. Tom was great and did not hesitate to take a few hours out of his Friday to join us for the rehearsal. He helped pick out the perfect music for our ceremony and was familiar with all of the songs I requested. He accompanied my cousin for a song during the ceremony and she said he was wonderful to work with on that also! Our DJ for the night and the after-dinner dancing music was Andrew. Andrew was fantastic and such a pleasure to work with! He had us fill out a questionnaire and met with us in person a couple weeks before the wedding to make sure that he had a clear understanding of everything we wanted from the reception. The day of the wedding, he did an amazing job of making everything so easy for us - he made everything run so smoothly, ensured that everything ran on schedule, and reminded our guests of all of the happenings during the night - guest book, photo booth, late-night snack. When one of the guests asked if he could make an un-scheduled toast, Andrew checked with us first to make sure that there were no unwelcome surprises! I can't say enough good things about Music Host Entertainment. On a day when things need to run smoothly and you need help to make that happen, this company really rose to the occasion and beyond! Thanks Rick!!

Reviewed on 5/27/2015 Kara M

What a great experience!!! My husband & I used this company for our wedding in Grand Rapids in November and were very happy. We live in Chicago & were planning our wedding from there with just a few trips to Grand Rapids to get everything taken care of. Our DJ, Andrew, was... Read More extremely easy to work - he was easy to arrange a meeting with & we didn't need to give him much information at all for a perfect evening! My husband loves music & I love to DANCE...so good music was a key component of the wedding for us. I would HIGHLY recommend!!