Rick Reuther's Music Host Entertainment

Serving all of Michigan

Elegance and Fun!

Friendly, gracious professionals who provide a level of competence and class you may not have thought possible from a DJ company. Explore our signature Jazz pack option with a seamless flow of live dinner music to DJ dance music. Always delivering superb sound and lighting.

Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Bow2008 09

East Grand Rapids, MI
Serving all of Michigan

Classy and stress-free!

Reviewed on 2/29/2012 Courtney S

Booking with Rick Reuther's Music Host Entertainment was the easiest part of our wedding planning process. Our DJ, Andrew Round, was easy to reach, flexible about meeting times, laid back, yet professional. After our initial meeting, I had total confidence that he would do an... Read More amazing job. My husband, Nick, and I decided to go with the Jazz Trio for cocktail hour and dinner, then DJ after dinner. The day of our wedding, Andrew was amazing. He had a presence that could only be described as classy. He looked as good as the wedding party in his tux! He had every detail taken care of; it was clear he knew what he was doing and he was so familiar with the venue and staff that everything was coordinated seamlessly. Every once in a while, he would check in with us to let us know what was coming up next and gave us time to finish up our mingling before we were needed to cut the cake or come up for our first dance, etc. He did so in a relaxed and well-paced manner. Never did it feel like things were dragging along or rushed. The trio was WONDERFUL. I could have listened to them all night! Everyone commented on what a nice touch it brought to the after-ceremony ambiance. They played beautifully and it was perfect for cocktails and dinner. Not too soft, not too harsh. Got people's attention but didn't overpower conversations at the tables. Andrew did a FABULOUS job playing fun music, appealing to different ages and genres. He really kept things lively. Nick and I had established a "No Play" list. No chicken dance, no Macarena, no Grease, etc. We also had a couple artists that we asked not be played. He respected our wishes and did so respectfully! Weeks after our weeding, we were out with friends. When a friend told us that he kept asking our DJ to play (banned artist), Andrew respectfully declined and explained our preferences in a way that was polite but firm, and with a smile. Rather than getting annoyed by his declined request, our friend was impressed with the way Andrew handled the situation. Enough so, that he wanted to make sure that he mentioned it to us! DO NOT GAMBLE WITH ANYONE ELSE in GR; Rick Reuther's does a great job and you will not be disappointed. Ask for Andrew - he's the consummate professional!

We had the night of our lives, and we owe it all t

Reviewed on 7/30/2012 Mallory T

We used Music Host Entertainment for our DJ at our wedding this past Friday. Joel, was absolutely AMAZING! He went above and beyond any expectations we had, our guests were dancing ALL night long!!!

AMAZING! Stop looking and book them now!

Reviewed on 6/19/2012 Betsy R

Can not say enough good things about this DJ company. Great to work with and went above and beyond a normal DJ's job. Made the whole night run smoothly. You WILL NOT REGRET booking them!

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Mariah C

Great company to work with. Rick made it so easy to set everything up and Don our DJ was amazing. Everyone loved the music and we had a full dance floor all night! Definitely recommend you use Music Host Entertainment for your wedding

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 Susan S

Absolutely fantastic. We had Joel and would recommend him to anyone. He met with us prior to our wedding to get to know us and our style of music and he is such a wonderful guy. We couldn't have been happier with our choice!

Reviewed on 9/29/2015

Our guests could not stop raving about the band playing! We had a Gatsby themed wedding, and so they were perfect for a classy looking reception. Joel was amazing as well, and we had a blast dancing, and no one wanted to get off of the dance floor. These guys truly made our day... Read More special, and they are one of the reasons I would want to live it over and over again.

Reviewed on 9/27/2015 Cameo J

Simply Elegant! Rick as part of the Tom Hagen Trio was the highlight of our reception. Rick was responsive and easy to work with. He was able to put together a lovely quartet that played Sinatra style music for our outdoor wedding. They sounded amazing! Our guests are still... Read More talking about the music more than anything else. They added a touch of class and were true professionals. Rick was able to do it all within our modest budget and they even worked with us during the ceremony by allowing my niece to use their equipment to play our wedding march. It was all so seamless that I didn't have to manage or orchestrate any part of it; they just magically made it happen. I HIGHLY recommend that you book them, now! Live music is always better and you'll have the wedding of the season. Thank you to Rick and the gang for helping me create the wedding of my dreams!

Reviewed on 9/24/2015 Anna A

Rick was a delight to work with in making the arrangements for our DJ service. And Joel was our DJ for our September 2015 wedding. He was so great! He was organized, professional, and fun! When he met with us prior to the big day, he really took some time to get to know us and... Read More our expectations. He played great music and had a lot of our family and friends out on the dance floor! I would highly recommend this company and Joel!

Reviewed on 9/19/2015 Brandy B

Rick and his team are as classy and professional as you can get! They had great suggestions on ways we could incorporate different ideas into our special day. They kept the whole night on track and helped everything run smooth. I highly recommend them! Your wedding day is a... Read More special day and you want the very best...and these guys are it!

Reviewed on 9/18/2015

We heard about Music Host from our photographer and she was right. This company is a class act! From each step of the planning to our wedding day, Rick and Kurt (our DJ) were professional, organized, and easy to work with. Kurt ran our reception seamlessly and payed attention to... Read More every detail. Very highly recommend!

Professional, Easy, FUN!

Reviewed on 7/07/2015 Kaitlyn M

Music Host Entertainment knows what they're doing! Rick handled all the booking and payments and was quick to reply to all my emails and phone calls. He was very professional and checked in a few times to make sure I was happy with the assigned DJ and the professionalism he... Read More had. DJ Joel was our hired DJ and I would highly recommend requesting him. I live in Chicago and he was very flexible in times available to meet while I was visiting the SW Michigan area. He made it very well known that he was there for me. We hired him so he was working for us and he told us that many times over. He genuinely wanted to get to know me and my fiancé personally so he could get a good feel for the type of people we were and the type of feel we wanted at our wedding reception. From the music played while guests entered the ballroom to the last song of the night, everything went seamlessly. We wanted a party that didn't stop and we sure had a great time! Thank you to both Rick and Joel for all your help in making our special day fun!

Reviewed on 6/22/2015

Our host was Jim Rademaker, and he did a fabulous job. We were thrilled with his work. Jim spoke in advance with my daughter and her fiancé, the bride and groom, and completely followed their wishes for tone, music selections, and schedule. He was set up by the time the... Read More reception started, worked with our venue to make sure the champagne would be ready for the toasts, introduced himself and reviewed the night's schedule with us, and played great background music during dinner. Our dance floor was full all night--Jim played the songs we'd requested and sensed our guests' tastes. He interjected humor at the right times and otherwise stayed out of the way of the music. The tone Jim set was classy and elegant, and we had a fantastic evening. I heartily recommend Rick Reuther's Music Host.

Reviewed on 6/13/2015 Emily B

We would not hesitate to recommend Rick Reuther's Music Host Entertainment to anyone and everyone! Rick was very helpful in answering all our initial questions and organizing the perfect music plans for our wedding. He set up a live jazz trio to play during our cocktail hour... Read More and dinner, who were wonderful and even surprised us by playing a song with vocals by my cousin! We had a piano but no pianist for our ceremony, so Rick arranged for the pianist from the trio, Tom Hagan, played for our ceremony. Tom was great and did not hesitate to take a few hours out of his Friday to join us for the rehearsal. He helped pick out the perfect music for our ceremony and was familiar with all of the songs I requested. He accompanied my cousin for a song during the ceremony and she said he was wonderful to work with on that also! Our DJ for the night and the after-dinner dancing music was Andrew. Andrew was fantastic and such a pleasure to work with! He had us fill out a questionnaire and met with us in person a couple weeks before the wedding to make sure that he had a clear understanding of everything we wanted from the reception. The day of the wedding, he did an amazing job of making everything so easy for us - he made everything run so smoothly, ensured that everything ran on schedule, and reminded our guests of all of the happenings during the night - guest book, photo booth, late-night snack. When one of the guests asked if he could make an un-scheduled toast, Andrew checked with us first to make sure that there were no unwelcome surprises! I can't say enough good things about Music Host Entertainment. On a day when things need to run smoothly and you need help to make that happen, this company really rose to the occasion and beyond! Thanks Rick!!

Reviewed on 5/27/2015 Kara M

What a great experience!!! My husband & I used this company for our wedding in Grand Rapids in November and were very happy. We live in Chicago & were planning our wedding from there with just a few trips to Grand Rapids to get everything taken care of. Our DJ, Andrew, was... Read More extremely easy to work - he was easy to arrange a meeting with & we didn't need to give him much information at all for a perfect evening! My husband loves music & I love to DANCE...so good music was a key component of the wedding for us. I would HIGHLY recommend!!

Hands Down Best DJ Ever

Reviewed on 4/26/2015 Kelly K

Hiring Rick Reuther's Music Host Entertainment was one of the easiest decisions we made for our wedding. Our DJ, Andrew Rounds, was at a tasting event we went to for our caterer and unlike many of the other DJs we had talked to, he wasn't pushy. His professionalism was clear... Read More from the start. When we called Rick, we asked for Andrew by name and boy, are we glad we did! Andrew was great over the phone and via email before the wedding. On our wedding day, he arrived early and was dressed in a tux (so classy and professional!). He was a total pro! He worked with our other vendors to make sure everything was organized and everyone was ready to go. He helped direct our wedding party so we didn't look like fools during our entrance, pointed our guests to all the highlights around the venue, and played the best music all night long. Our dance floor was perpetually packed and Andrew did a great job of feeling out the crowd. I never felt like there were too many fast or slow songs in a row. And, we totally had a dance battle between the bridesmaids and groomsmen which was HYSTERICAL. Andrew was the best dance battle MC and got all our guests into it. To finish off the night, he played "Piano Man" by Billy Joel and our guests circled around my husband and I while we slow danced. Our guests sang at the top of their lungs while swaying side-by-side and it was the coolest moment. Best.DJ.Ever.

They will go above and beyond to make your day flawless

Reviewed on 11/24/2014 Kristen S

My husband and I were married in June and had the most beautiful, fun, and hassle-free reception- much of which we owe to the wonderful people at Music Host. Our DJ, David, was truly amazing-can't thank him enough for giving us such awesome memories! For all the brides-to-be... Read More spending countless hours researching different vendors (trust me, I was there!), choosing Music Host will be the best decision you'll make. I was very particular about who we selected for a DJ and I had contacted several companies to 'shop around' and make sure I found the right one for us. I knew from the first time I talked to Rick (the owner) that I'd found the right one. Our experience with Music Host was a little unique in that the DJ that was originally scheduled to do our wedding, Kurt, was unable to be there due to a sudden, tragic death in his family the day before the wedding. My mom, sister and I had met with Kurt a few weeks prior to the wedding to discuss the music selection and timing of the evening. He is such a personable, kind, and professional guy and I felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders after meeting with him because I knew he would take care of everything. The night before the wedding Rick called us to tell us about Kurt’s devastating loss and our hearts went out to him and his family. There was never a moment of panic or uncertainty, Rick assured us that Music Host always leaves one of their DJ’s unscheduled each weekend in the event that something like this happens. David, our replacement DJ, called me the night before the wedding to discuss all the particulars, which Kurt had already meticulously organized and prepared. The reception was perfect and David kept the evening flowing with ease. Music Host is a professional, experienced company that will go above and beyond to make sure your reception is flawless. Can’t thank these guys enough 

Joel is your guy!

Reviewed on 11/11/2014 Ashlie D

We chose Rick Reuthers music host entertainment for our wedding because we knew we wanted the best of the best. A trusted, well known company with many years experience was just what we were looking for. We were blessed with Joel for our DJ. What an amazing DJ he was! We met... Read More with Joel prior to our wedding and he seemed to know exactly what we were looking for. We didn't even make a play list we just went over a few basics and Joel took it from there. Needless to say our wedding was AMAZING and I contribute a great deal of that to the music. The music was great, the dance floor was PACKED all night and everyone is still talking about how much fun they had and how great our DJ was. Joel is a professional. He adjusts to the crowd to keep the floor full. We couldn't be any happier with the service we were provided and we will certainly be referring Joel/ music host to all future brides/grooms. Thanks again Joel!:)

wonderful job

Reviewed on 10/28/2014

We wanted to let you know we enjoyed planning our daughter's wedding with your business. The DJ services provided for our barn wedding reception, July 12, 2014 by David White were fantastic! His communication to us behind the scene and announcing the events of the evening... Read More were very professional. The music was a huge hit! The appetizer/ dinner hour was relaxed according to plan. He was then able to engage all our guest creating an energetic atmosphere. The dance floor was filled for 2 plus hours with the volume maintianed at a level that others could still enjoy visiting. He did a great mix of country and pop. Several commented that his services were the best they had experienced. Thanks so much for helping us bless our children and guests with a memorable evening.

Wonderful Service!

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Alexa L

I booked Music Host Entertainment for my wedding this past August. My brother had them as their DJ for their wedding back in 2011 and they did a great job back then. From the very first conversation I had with my DJ, Jeff Schroeder, I was impressed! He was incredibly... Read More professional, personable, funny, and very thorough! I had a hard time picking songs for the special events of the night and he was quick to throw out some great suggestions for me. He came to our meeting well prepared and covered things I hadn't even thought of, like what attire I would prefer him to wear the night of the wedding. At my reception, we had a pretty strict time frame because it was Friday night wedding, and I didn't want things to go too late. The bridal party ended up arriving late but Jeff was so great at speeding things up and keeping us going through the toasts, cake cutting, and first dances without it feeling too rushed. Everything ended up falling in on time! Jeff was great at song choices and timing throughout the night. He could really get a feel for when the guests didn't like a song and knew when to move on to something else. Overall, Jeff and Music Host Entertainment were incredible. I am a firm believer that the DJ will make or break your reception and I have no regrets choosing Music Host Entertainment for my big day! I will recommend them to every future bride I know!

Great MC/DJ Service!

Reviewed on 10/22/2014 Alisa C

Our wedding went off without a hitch in large part due to our MC and DJ Jeff Schroeder from Music Host Entertainment. I would highly recommend him as he is professional, personal and a pleasure to work with. He did everything just as we wished. I couldn't have asked for a better... Read More service or experience. Thanks Jeff!

Smoothly orchestrated and very thoughtful :)

Reviewed on 10/21/2014

We had the honor of initially meeting DJ Joel at my now husband's brother's wedding the year before we got married. At their wedding and ours, he did a wonderful job of presenting and orchestrating the night. In our talks prior to our wedding, we were very impressed by the... Read More level of thought he put in to song choices for certain dances and the order in which to play them to keep the party going. Moreover, we were very pleased at how easily Joel coordinated with our other vendors, in particular the live band that played during cocktail hour and dinner :).

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Olivia V

Our wedding was nicely done and Jeff did a nice job as our disc jockey. He did exactly what we wanted as an introduction and kept the night moving right along as we wanted to. He was very responsive and reliable during the pre-wedding meetings and answered any questions we had... Read More going into the big day. Overall it was a good experience for us both.

No Worries with Music Host

Reviewed on 10/12/2014 Becky F

Your reception is in great hands with these guys. We would especially recommend our DJ, Joel, who did a phenomenal job with the pacing and organization of the reception. Joel asked for our input on certain important aspects (e.g. "Would you like to transition to the first dance... Read More now or give it a few more minutes?") and took care of the rest in a very positive, professional way. Everyone had a great time, requests were played, and Joel kept the music coming.

Awesome experience!

Reviewed on 10/11/2014 Liz K

Our DJ, Joel, was amazing! Very organized, and seemed to be very flexible. Extremely knowledgeable with many different genres of music, and was able to play everything we were hoping for! Our guests LOVED the music - the whole night! Also, he was very professional not only at... Read More meetings, but also at the reception. I am 110% pleased with our experience! I know many others who used Music Host Entertainment who also had amazing experiences. I would recommend them to anyone!

If you want a classy wedding, look no further.

Reviewed on 10/10/2014 Melissa L

I could not be more pleased with the music at our wedding and owe it all to Kurt! He did an amazing job with the flow of the reception and kept our dance floor packed ALL night. Our guests didn't want to leave! We received, and continue to receive compliments on how wonderful... Read More and CLASSY it was. Perfect for my "simple, classic elegance" theme. Absolutely loved the Jazz Trio for my cocktail hour and dinner-it made the room feel like I was in a dream. One of my favorite memories is of my mom singing a song with the Trio and my sister singing our fist dance song. Kurt even gave us a CD of the songs at the end of the night to add a personal touch. I can't say enough good things and how glad I am that I chose them for our special day!

TO Rick Reuther's Music Host Entertainment