Rick Reuther's Music Host Entertainment

Serving all of Michigan, MI

Elegance and Fun!

Friendly, gracious professionals who provide a level of competence and class you may not have thought possible from a DJ company. Explore our signature Jazz pack option with a seamless flow of live dinner music to DJ dance music. Always delivering superb sound and lighting.

Bow2008 09
Bow2007

Serving all of Michigan, MI

Classy and stress-free!

Reviewed on 2/29/2012 Courtney S

Booking with Rick Reuther's Music Host Entertainment was the easiest part of our wedding planning process. Our DJ, Andrew Round, was easy to reach, flexible about meeting times, laid back, yet professional. After our initial meeting, I had total confidence that he would do an amazing job. My husband, Nick, and I decided to go with the Jazz Trio for cocktail hour and dinner, then DJ after dinner. The day of our wedding, Andrew was amazing. He had a presence that could only be described as classy. He looked as good as the wedding party in his tux! He had every detail taken care of; it was clear he knew what he was doing and he was so familiar with the venue and staff that everything was coordinated seamlessly. Every once in a while, he would check in with us to let us know what was coming up next and gave us time to finish up our mingling before we were needed to cut the cake or come up for our first dance, etc. He did so in a relaxed and well-paced manner. Never did it feel like things were dragging along or rushed. The trio was WONDERFUL. I could have listened to them all night! Everyone commented on what a nice touch it brought to the after-ceremony ambiance. They played beautifully and it was perfect for cocktails and dinner. Not too soft, not too harsh. Got people's attention but didn't overpower conversations at the tables. Andrew did a FABULOUS job playing fun music, appealing to different ages and genres. He really kept things lively. Nick and I had established a "No Play" list. No chicken dance, no Macarena, no Grease, etc. We also had a couple artists that we asked not be played. He respected our wishes and did so respectfully! Weeks after our weeding, we were out with friends. When a friend told us that he kept asking our DJ to play (banned artist), Andrew respectfully declined and explained our preferences in a way that was polite but firm, and with a smile. Rather than getting annoyed by his declined request, our friend was impressed with the way Andrew handled the situation. Enough so, that he wanted to make sure that he mentioned it to us! DO NOT GAMBLE WITH ANYONE ELSE in GR; Rick Reuther's does a great job and you will not be disappointed. Ask for Andrew - he's the consummate professional!

We had the night of our lives, and we owe it all t

Reviewed on 7/30/2012 Mallory T

We used Music Host Entertainment for our DJ at our wedding this past Friday. Joel, was absolutely AMAZING! He went above and beyond any expectations we had, our guests were dancing ALL night long!!!

AMAZING! Stop looking and book them now!

Reviewed on 6/19/2012 Betsy R

Can not say enough good things about this DJ company. Great to work with and went above and beyond a normal DJ's job. Made the whole night run smoothly. You WILL NOT REGRET booking them!

Hands Down Best DJ Ever

Reviewed on 4/26/2015 Kelly K

Hiring Rick Reuther's Music Host Entertainment was one of the easiest decisions we made for our wedding. Our DJ, Andrew Rounds, was at a tasting event we went to for our caterer and unlike many of the other DJs we had talked to, he wasn't pushy. His professionalism was clear from the start. When we called Rick, we asked for Andrew by name and boy, are we glad we did! Andrew was great over the phone and via email before the wedding. On our wedding day, he arrived early and was dressed in a tux (so classy and professional!). He was a total pro! He worked with our other vendors to make sure everything was organized and everyone was ready to go. He helped direct our wedding party so we didn't look like fools during our entrance, pointed our guests to all the highlights around the venue, and played the best music all night long. Our dance floor was perpetually packed and Andrew did a great job of feeling out the crowd. I never felt like there were too many fast or slow songs in a row. And, we totally had a dance battle between the bridesmaids and groomsmen which was HYSTERICAL. Andrew was the best dance battle MC and got all our guests into it. To finish off the night, he played "Piano Man" by Billy Joel and our guests circled around my husband and I while we slow danced. Our guests sang at the top of their lungs while swaying side-by-side and it was the coolest moment. Best.DJ.Ever.

They will go above and beyond to make your day flawless

Reviewed on 11/24/2014 Kristen S

My husband and I were married in June and had the most beautiful, fun, and hassle-free reception- much of which we owe to the wonderful people at Music Host. Our DJ, David, was truly amazing-can't thank him enough for giving us such awesome memories! For all the brides-to-be spending countless hours researching different vendors (trust me, I was there!), choosing Music Host will be the best decision you'll make. I was very particular about who we selected for a DJ and I had contacted several companies to 'shop around' and make sure I found the right one for us. I knew from the first time I talked to Rick (the owner) that I'd found the right one. Our experience with Music Host was a little unique in that the DJ that was originally scheduled to do our wedding, Kurt, was unable to be there due to a sudden, tragic death in his family the day before the wedding. My mom, sister and I had met with Kurt a few weeks prior to the wedding to discuss the music selection and timing of the evening. He is such a personable, kind, and professional guy and I felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders after meeting with him because I knew he would take care of everything. The night before the wedding Rick called us to tell us about Kurt’s devastating loss and our hearts went out to him and his family. There was never a moment of panic or uncertainty, Rick assured us that Music Host always leaves one of their DJ’s unscheduled each weekend in the event that something like this happens. David, our replacement DJ, called me the night before the wedding to discuss all the particulars, which Kurt had already meticulously organized and prepared. The reception was perfect and David kept the evening flowing with ease. Music Host is a professional, experienced company that will go above and beyond to make sure your reception is flawless. Can’t thank these guys enough 

Joel is your guy!

Reviewed on 11/11/2014 Ashlie D

We chose Rick Reuthers music host entertainment for our wedding because we knew we wanted the best of the best. A trusted, well known company with many years experience was just what we were looking for. We were blessed with Joel for our DJ. What an amazing DJ he was! We met with Joel prior to our wedding and he seemed to know exactly what we were looking for. We didn't even make a play list we just went over a few basics and Joel took it from there. Needless to say our wedding was AMAZING and I contribute a great deal of that to the music. The music was great, the dance floor was PACKED all night and everyone is still talking about how much fun they had and how great our DJ was. Joel is a professional. He adjusts to the crowd to keep the floor full. We couldn't be any happier with the service we were provided and we will certainly be referring Joel/ music host to all future brides/grooms. Thanks again Joel!:)

wonderful job

Reviewed on 10/28/2014

We wanted to let you know we enjoyed planning our daughter's wedding with your business. The DJ services provided for our barn wedding reception, July 12, 2014 by David White were fantastic! His communication to us behind the scene and announcing the events of the evening were very professional. The music was a huge hit! The appetizer/ dinner hour was relaxed according to plan. He was then able to engage all our guest creating an energetic atmosphere. The dance floor was filled for 2 plus hours with the volume maintianed at a level that others could still enjoy visiting. He did a great mix of country and pop. Several commented that his services were the best they had experienced. Thanks so much for helping us bless our children and guests with a memorable evening.

Wonderful Service!

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Alexa L

I booked Music Host Entertainment for my wedding this past August. My brother had them as their DJ for their wedding back in 2011 and they did a great job back then. From the very first conversation I had with my DJ, Jeff Schroeder, I was impressed! He was incredibly professional, personable, funny, and very thorough! I had a hard time picking songs for the special events of the night and he was quick to throw out some great suggestions for me. He came to our meeting well prepared and covered things I hadn't even thought of, like what attire I would prefer him to wear the night of the wedding. At my reception, we had a pretty strict time frame because it was Friday night wedding, and I didn't want things to go too late. The bridal party ended up arriving late but Jeff was so great at speeding things up and keeping us going through the toasts, cake cutting, and first dances without it feeling too rushed. Everything ended up falling in on time! Jeff was great at song choices and timing throughout the night. He could really get a feel for when the guests didn't like a song and knew when to move on to something else. Overall, Jeff and Music Host Entertainment were incredible. I am a firm believer that the DJ will make or break your reception and I have no regrets choosing Music Host Entertainment for my big day! I will recommend them to every future bride I know!

Great MC/DJ Service!

Reviewed on 10/22/2014 Alisa C

Our wedding went off without a hitch in large part due to our MC and DJ Jeff Schroeder from Music Host Entertainment. I would highly recommend him as he is professional, personal and a pleasure to work with. He did everything just as we wished. I couldn't have asked for a better service or experience. Thanks Jeff!

Smoothly orchestrated and very thoughtful :)

Reviewed on 10/21/2014

We had the honor of initially meeting DJ Joel at my now husband's brother's wedding the year before we got married. At their wedding and ours, he did a wonderful job of presenting and orchestrating the night. In our talks prior to our wedding, we were very impressed by the level of thought he put in to song choices for certain dances and the order in which to play them to keep the party going. Moreover, we were very pleased at how easily Joel coordinated with our other vendors, in particular the live band that played during cocktail hour and dinner :).

Wedding

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Olivia V

Our wedding was nicely done and Jeff did a nice job as our disc jockey. He did exactly what we wanted as an introduction and kept the night moving right along as we wanted to. He was very responsive and reliable during the pre-wedding meetings and answered any questions we had going into the big day. Overall it was a good experience for us both.

No Worries with Music Host

Reviewed on 10/12/2014 Becky F

Your reception is in great hands with these guys. We would especially recommend our DJ, Joel, who did a phenomenal job with the pacing and organization of the reception. Joel asked for our input on certain important aspects (e.g. "Would you like to transition to the first dance now or give it a few more minutes?") and took care of the rest in a very positive, professional way. Everyone had a great time, requests were played, and Joel kept the music coming.

Awesome experience!

Reviewed on 10/11/2014 Liz K

Our DJ, Joel, was amazing! Very organized, and seemed to be very flexible. Extremely knowledgeable with many different genres of music, and was able to play everything we were hoping for! Our guests LOVED the music - the whole night! Also, he was very professional not only at meetings, but also at the reception. I am 110% pleased with our experience! I know many others who used Music Host Entertainment who also had amazing experiences. I would recommend them to anyone!

If you want a classy wedding, look no further.

Reviewed on 10/10/2014 Melissa L

I could not be more pleased with the music at our wedding and owe it all to Kurt! He did an amazing job with the flow of the reception and kept our dance floor packed ALL night. Our guests didn't want to leave! We received, and continue to receive compliments on how wonderful and CLASSY it was. Perfect for my "simple, classic elegance" theme. Absolutely loved the Jazz Trio for my cocktail hour and dinner-it made the room feel like I was in a dream. One of my favorite memories is of my mom singing a song with the Trio and my sister singing our fist dance song. Kurt even gave us a CD of the songs at the end of the night to add a personal touch. I can't say enough good things and how glad I am that I chose them for our special day!

Great company!

Reviewed on 10/10/2014 Melinda P

Very professional! Our DJ, David White was awesome. Very accomodating, funny, and was a great emcee for the evening. Wedding music can be hit or miss, but David really made our special day unforgettable! Thanks David!

Wow, wow, wow!

Reviewed on 10/09/2014 Lauren B

What a wonderful company to work with. Very professional. We worked with Andrew who did a great job and was really patient with us. Highly recommended from a someone who appreciates good quality and great service!

Andrew was fantastic!

Reviewed on 10/07/2014 Ashley C

I was very impressed with Andrew and VERY glad we went with him! He was great about checking in just the right amount of times and made sure that we were having fun! We even had a bride from another wedding at the B.O.B. walk through the dance floor on our mother/son father/daughter dance and blame him for the mic coming in downstairs....he handled the situation exactly how I would have wanted, by staying calm and collected...especially since it wasn't his fault. My husband and I asked for song requests on our RSVP cards so we had a rough playlist for the night, but Andrew still took requests that night (and paid attention to our do not play list). Everyone raved about the music! I would definitely recommend to others!! Thanks, Andrew!

Professional and fun!

Reviewed on 9/17/2014

I used Andrew Rounds for our DJ and he was so great to work with and knew exactly what we wanted for our wedding music he was also a lot of fun for our wedding guests as well. We also used Rick Reuther and the quartet which was SUCH a great idea for cocktail hour and beginning of reception they were awesome and so much fun! Great music in all!

Danced All Night!

Reviewed on 9/11/2014 Abbey G

This company was great to work with! Joel was appointed to our wedding and he was fantastic! Could not have asked for a better DJ! He knew exactly what to do and when. He really puts you at ease and really is the narrator of the whole night. Between myself, the photographer and our DJ, we were in constant communication as to when each piece of the night would happen and it all fell into place. Our guests danced all night long and we received tons of reviews from these guests as to how our DJ really knew what kind of music to play. He knew how to read the crowd to see what was keeping people on the dance floor. Joel was great to work with and I could not have asked for a better DJ and "captain" that night. He kept everything going.

Outstanding DJ

Reviewed on 9/10/2014 Katie T

Right from the start, our DJ, Joel, was incredibly professional and understanding. He was quick to respond to emails and set up meetings to get to know us and what we wanted. He was never pushy and provided examples of what would work well for us. We told Joel we wanted everyone to be out on the dance floor the whole night and that's exactly what we got. He played a variety of music that encouraged everyone to dance. He did an outstanding job of controlling the night and making sure everything ran smoothly. I would definitely recommend Joel as a DJ for anyone's wedding!

Best DJ Ever

Reviewed on 7/12/2014 Karen S

I used Music Host Entertainment at my wedding and could not be happier with my decision. I found the company through a recommendation and am so glad I did. Jeff was my DJ and he did a fabulous job! We met together several weeks before the wedding for well over an hour to plan out every tiny detail. Jeff did the music for my ceremony and reception. Everything from the songs switching depending who was walking down the aisle to announcing introducing the bridal party and speeches went off without a hitch! They really do run all the major events so you can enjoy your night and not have to worry about timing. I prepared a song list and Jeff stuck to it super well, some guests requested songs, but he made sure he had a "do not play list" from me to make sure the few requests he did allow were okay. My friends who are engaged asked who our DJ was at the wedding because they liked him so much. We also had people comment that the music wasn't too loud, apparently at other wedding they had been to the music was so loud that you couldn't talk and it really turned people off. The music was the perfect volume, he stuck to our song list, and he ran the whole event from start to finish. If you book music host entertainment you won't regret it!!!

Talented, Experienced and Professional

Reviewed on 7/11/2014 Kristin S

Music Host Entertainment was recommended to me by event manager at my venue. She had told me there was no other DJ company that she referred clients to. After experiencing the service firsthand, I totally understand why. Andrew was the DJ at my wedding. He contacted me several weeks before the wedding day with a detailed and comprehensive list of the information he needed from us, then arranged a meeting at a time/location that was convenient for us to discuss our ideas. He was organized and the meeting went quickly. He was in touch again the week before the wedding to make sure our plans were still the same and to see if we had any questions. From that point, he coordinated with the venue and needed no further assistance from me. Andrew was dressed in a black tux and looked very polished. He was in communication with us throughout the night with updates on timing so we were never caught off guard. We were most impressed by his ability to read the crowd and play music that best suited those on the dance floor. Our friends LOVED the music he played and the dance floor was packed the whole night. I don't know what the going rate for DJs is, but in retrospect I would have paid twice as music for this company's professionalism and experience.

This company deserves its 5 star rating!

Reviewed on 7/05/2014 Leah B

We hired Music Host Entertainment for our recent wedding and it was one of the best wedding decisions we made! The company and staff are exceptional. Our DJ was professional, friendly and fantastic at what he does. He ensured our evening ran smoothly and most importantly, our guest were on the dance floor the entire night! We "upgraded" and had the Jazz Trio play at our cocktail hour and during dinner. The trio sounded amazing and it was a perfect addition to our evening. I kept looking back at the trio in awe and we had multiple guests say how impressive they were. Everyone is still talking about how much fun they had at our wedding and it is due in large part to Music Host Entertainment!

Happy Customer - Fun Day!

Reviewed on 5/01/2014 Brittany D

Our DJ, Andrew Rounds, did an amazing job! He was flexible with our busy schedules, he was timely and professional, and he kept us in mind as he made sure to play all of our requested songs throughout the night (trust me it was a long list). In addition to all those wonderful things listed above, Andrew from Music Host Entertainment also played music that was enjoyed by a wide range of ages. This made our wedding fun for not only us but all of our guests too! I was continually being told after our wedding that it was the most fun they have had at wedding in a long time. I feel a big part of that compliment was due to the music played by our talented DJ. I am not one to write reviews, but I was happy with the great service and felt compelled to share. Thank you!

Couldn't Have Been Better!

Reviewed on 4/29/2014

From our first phone conversations, to our face to face meeting, to the wedding day, it was clear Music Host Entertainment was THE BEST! Rick was great to work with, and made the process fun, simple, and stress-free. He had an extensive knowledge of all musical genres, an extremely charming and classy demeanor, and got our guests up on the dance floor and partying all night. We had a blast - I 100% recommend!!

TO Rick Reuther's Music Host Entertainment