Ricky Cheung Photography

NY, NJ, Tri-state area

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Film Photography, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

77-34 113th Street, Forest Hills, NY
NY, NJ, Tri-state area

Reviewed on 5/15/2016 Jessica C

We were fortunate to have found Ricky through my now brother & sister-in-law. They used him for their wedding and their photos were absolutely stunning. So stunning that my sister-in-law's brother and sister used them for their wedding as well. Needless to say he did an amazing... Read More job for all and after we saw their pictures we looked no further. Every wedding has a hiccup, ours was that my now mother-in-law was an hour late. Ricky handled it with such professionalism and made the best use of all the time. He got in wonderful shots of the groomsmen and the venue & was able to capture all of the important moments we wanted in such an effortless beautiful way. He was great to work with, so funny, personable but direct and made sure we and the bridal party knew where to be and expedited our photo taking time so that we could enjoy the reception. We had a great tine working with him and hope to work with him again. Ricky was also priced fairly. After hearing what some brides I know paid I was floored and so glad we were able to book him! Thanks again Ricky for telling our lovely story through your beautiful pictures! - Jessica Castro

Reviewed on 11/14/2015 Ronald C

He was outstanding for us. He was very easy to work with and get along with. The quality of work was impressive, we got so many great shots we don't know what to do with them all. Not only did he get a lot of good shots, he got a lot of creative shots. I'm not a fan of... Read More still photography, but he got this one shot of our rings that I swear belongs in a bridal magazine, it was that good. He made good use of a mirror on the ceiling to get this shot of us dancing from above that is stunning. He was even patient with us when we didn't get back to him in a timely way about the album. We dragged our feet on that for so long we were worried he would be upset. But he was wonderful. A true professional AND fun to work with.

Dazzing review!

Reviewed on 11/01/2015 Ben M

Ricky is the best. He is professional, easy to work with, and talented. We highly recommend him!

Professional and deliver great results

Reviewed on 11/01/2015 Yan Z

We choose Ricky after meeting with a couple of photographers in the same range and thought he was the best. We enjoyed working with him during our engagement and wedding sessions. He is very detailed and had some good ideas to share. We are very happy with the results of our... Read More photos and he delivers them in a timely manner.

Review for Ricky Cheung Photography

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

We loved working with Ricky! He is super professional, detail oriented, and an overall pleasure to work with. Our photos came out beautiful- he really did capture everything we wanted (even moments we totally forgot about. His storybook approach made our special day so much... Read More more special. The quality of his work is superb- We are so happy with the photos & book. I've already recommended him to 2 other brides.

Amazing photography

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 joanne m

After emailing several photographers, my ( then) fiancé and I decided to meet with Ricky Cheung in person. Ricky was friendly and made us feel comfortable. We laughed a lot while we talked about our wedding planning. A few days later we booked Ricky as our photographer.... Read More Asides from our venue/food, we chose to spend a bulk of our budget on photography. We booked Ricky for 10 hours, a 2nd photographer and engagement session. We loved our photos- both the engagement and wedding. Our engagement photos were very New York- grand central ( where we got engaged) and Central Park. Ricky took the time to teach us how to pose and get a great shot. He had many amazing shots but our favorite was the still shot of the two us in the middle of grand central while all the commuters were walking around. Our family couldn't believe that someone could do that with a camera. They thought the two of us were photoshopped into the picture ! Definitely a "wow" picture. We ended up using a picture at The Mall at Central Park and the grand central terminal one I just described, as our engagement photo magnets. On the day of our wedding, Ricky captured all the little details as well as the beautiful scenery of our wedding venue. Putting a lot of hard work into some DIY elements, I loved seeing my projects on camera. The best shots were those outside by the park and water with my bridal party. I can't stop looking at them! There were so many pictures to choose from. All beautiful. My guests all were amazed at his skill. I did not buy an album as I thought the price was not in my budget. I did see some samples during our meeting and was impressed at the quality. I will be making one on my own. Without hesitation I would recommend Ricky as a photographer. It was definitely worth the investment.

Happy Happy Bride!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Shari E

Ricky is an amazing photographer! I got married in April 2015 and was referred to him by a friend. I am so happy Ricky was there to capture my special moments on my wedding day. He speedy with replies via email and is always available to talk. He really gives you his input which... Read More by the way, is great because my photos look beautiful. I am in the process of getting my album soon, I can't wait! I highly recommend Ricky, he was booked by two of my other friends who are getting married. :)

Reviewed on 7/12/2015

My husband and I had the pleasure of working with Ricky for our November 2014 wedding. My husband is not big on picture taking, especially in a photo shoot type of style, but Ricky has such a well-blended mix of professional and cool that it feels more like you are hanging out... Read More a friend. He makes you feel comfortable right from the start, listens to what you want, but also give his professional feedback to help guide. I highly recommend doing an engagement shoot because it gives you the opportunity to get to know him and each other, especially if you are not a picture taking couple as we were not. I feel it really made a difference with our wedding photos. Ricky made our fall NYC skyline wedding come to life! Our pictures were amazing and not just of the wedding party but of the whole day including the guests that were there. He even “risked his life” to get one of the most beautiful shots of the whole night! Working with his wife as the second shooter was just a pleasurable and the perfect compliment. No question at all in regards to choosing Ricky to capture our very special day. Thank you so much Ricky!!! You will be a part of our memories always! 

Reviewed on 6/08/2015

This was one of the vendors I was most concerned with. This is the only record we will have of our wedding in years to come since we chose not to have videography. And you’re spending the whole day with this person! Thankfully, Ricky is amazing!! He was the 1st photographer we... Read More met with, and I knew I wanted to book with him on the spot! He took the time to go through what the whole day would be like by scrolling through a recent wedding he shot. It was definitely helpful to get a sense of what would happen. Ricky is knowledgable and calm, and I loved his style of photography. I can’t stress enough how great it was working with him. I had a mini panic attack a week and a half before the wedding when I realized that we needed to go off-site for 1st look photos. Ricky called me and we spoke about it. We worked on the timeline, and I rescheduled everything (hair, makeup, limos, venue arrival time), and it was so worth the aggravation! I’m sure our pics will look amazing. We booked a 2nd shooter (Federico) through him, and he was also great...the bridal party had a blast with him while we were taking our own shots. I cannot wait to see our pics! They were awesome to work with on the big day. They took so many pictures…honestly cannot be an easy job, especially since he was essentially with us for 12 hours! He made sure that we got all the shots we wanted. I was really impressed with the albums he brought for us to see. I wasn't going to get an album at first, but he does such an amazing job, that I just had to have one for us!

Great Photographer for June 2014 Wedding

Reviewed on 3/02/2015 Kasime R

This review is long overdue! Ricky and his wife are great. They made my husband and I feel comfortable and like we should, the stars of the night. He was very accommodating and even called to check up on us a couple of days before the wedding to make sure we are doing well and... Read More to reassure us that everything will go smoothly. We had a tough venue to shoot at (The Bronx Zoo), but each picture came out perfectly and professionally. I would highly recommend Ricky! Thank you Ricky for making our wedding night a night to remember!

Beautiful Memories Captured & Professional Attitude

Reviewed on 1/04/2015 Irina

As any bride knows, the wedding day can be very hectic and busy! Ricky really helped to alleviate any related stress and took beautiful shots, capturing everything we asked for according to our shot list, and more! He worked really well with our videographers and the bridal... Read More party. He was professional, fast, and the quality of his work is brilliant. I highly recommend Ricky to all couples. He is absolutely a pleasure to work with.

Awesome photographers!

Reviewed on 8/14/2014 Lyndsay H

Ricky did our wedding in June. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about the experience at all. Our photos came back looking amazing and they managed to catch just about every guest who attended. The photos came back in a timely matter and Ricky was nothing but professional... Read More throughout the entire experience. Hiring Ricky was one if the best choices, if not the best choice, we made throughout this entire experience. My wife is a better writer than I am but if there's one point I want to get across with this review, it is to HIRE RICKY!! Thank you Ricky!

Great photographer!!

Reviewed on 7/28/2014 Jenny C

Ricky was amazing!! So easy to work with and the pictures came out absolutely beautiful!!! When we got them back I felt like we really got to relive every moment; he did a great job capturing the essence of the day. Definitely recommend!!

Exceptional service and incredible quality!

Reviewed on 7/28/2014 Wendy C

Ricky and his wife are an amazing team. We connected with them from the very beginning and they were nothing but professional the day of the event. They arrived on time and made us feel at ease during the portraits and just did an amazing job capturing our day. At one point it... Read More was pouring rain and despite being completely soaked, they never complained and captured one of the best pictures in the entire album! They also surprised us with a slideshow set up at the reception with some pictures from earlier in the day so our guests can get a sneak peek. We asked nicely and they gave us a discount :) One minor suggestion is maybe use a USB instead of CD with the gallery of images since some computers don't come with CD drives. We are incredibly happy with the photos!

Opinion

Reviewed on 7/27/2014

Ricky is really good at what he is doing. He takes pride in his work and he is very professional. I would definitely recommend him to the future brides and grooms for his service.

Wedding photos

Reviewed on 7/27/2014 Victoria S

We were very glad to have found Ricky as he delivered a fantastic job! The weather was not perfect on our wedding day and there was a short window in which he had to capture our most special moments outdoors. He managed with great professionalism, speed and flair while at the... Read More same time making us feel at ease. We are very pleased with the pictures and many of our guests complimented on Ricky's skills. We highly recommend his services!

Recommended

Reviewed on 7/24/2014

Ricky Cheung Photography was absolutely amazing! The quality of his work is outstanding and his personality made the bride and groom at ease throughout the stressful wedding day. I highly recommend him.

beautiful photos, a true professional

Reviewed on 5/17/2014 Jenny P

My guests are still raving about the beautiful photos that he took. He showcased a few that night on a laptop by the bar and my guests loved them. He also made it fun even after the 100th take. We received a DVD with the photos and did not pay for additional photo album.

Awesome photographer!

Reviewed on 4/07/2014 Kyla D

Ricky was a pleasure to work with. From our initial meeting, Ricky was just great- very communicative & professional. We did 'first look' and arrived at our initial meeting place on time without a problem. From there we did all of our family and bridal party pictures. He was... Read More great working with everyone including the 6 kids in the wedding. He also didn't insist on taking a million pictures of everyone- instead he knew when he got the right shot. Our pictures turned out so well!!! My family is still talking about how great the photographer was 7months later! We also really liked that we had the rights to our pictures, as that was important to us. We highly recommend Ricky to anyone.

Ricky's work allowed us to relive every moment of our wedding

Reviewed on 2/24/2014

I whole-heartedly recommend Ricky Cheung to anyone looking for a photographer to capture THAT momentous occasion. That magical day, the day of your wedding, will flash before your eyes before you realize that you haven't even had a morsel to eat - Thank goodness for Ricky.... Read More His expertise was a huge help. He made me feel so comfortable and relieved throughout the whirlwind of the planning process and the big day. Ricky encapsulated our wonderful day in a way that allowed us to relive every moment. He made everybody in my party feel special. You can see it in the final product. The visuals were so powerful that we felt every tear, every smile and even enjoyed everyone's dance moves. Ricky's work captured our wedding day even better than the video. Don't let these precious moments go by without Ricky's storytelling talent and his cameras! THANK YOU Ricky!

Amazing pictures and Great Personality!

Reviewed on 11/26/2013 Dina K

I don't write reviews often, but I had to take a moment to tell all future brides how wonderful Ricky and his wife were :) They were professional, hardworking, creative and positive throughout the whole experience. On the day of your wedding you are not just looking for someone... Read More who will capture those amazing shots, but a team member who will really support you and effectively manage any challenges that may occur on one of the most important days of your life. Up until the moment of my ceremony, it was POURING outside (and I was getting married in Westhampton on the beach!!) Instead of showing any sign of worry, Ricky and his wife were so positive and encouraging. They kept telling me the sun would come out and not to be concerned, that we would get great shots either way:) They handled a lot of curve balls that day (rain, fussy family members, schedule changes, etc...) and knew exactly how to manage the time and space so that the show would go on. They made me feel happy, cheerful and focused on the joy of the occasion. Believe me when I say, in the end of the day, the small things we brides obsess over don't really matter... the most important thing you will take away from your wedding is the EXPERIENCE, the energy, support and joy of the people around you. Choose to surround yourself with positive, professional people who will look out for your best interests even when you forget to yourself!! In all the whirlwind, there were so many important shots my husband and I would have completely forgotten to take, but Ricky made SURE we didn't. He even cared enough to remind us to pull away from our amazing cocktail hour to head down to the beach to take some private photos as a couple. He said, "Trust me, you will thank me for this later" and sure enough we did!!! Those shots turned out to be some of the most treasured. I will forever be grateful to Ricky for the hard-work, focused and positive energy he brought to my day as well as a final product that is just beautiful.

Ricky Cheung Photography

Reviewed on 11/25/2013 avisia l

We used Ricky as our wedding photographer this past October (2013) He was beyond amazing. Everyone I talk to is still talking about how great him and his wife were. They were so personable and easy to work with and took the most amazing photos.

Talented and Easy to Work With

Reviewed on 10/25/2013 Lauren M

Ricky and his wife were a perfect addition to Team Wedding. They're personable, professional, and (most importantly) talented. By the time the reception started, they already had some of the pics loaded on their laptop and were able to show a slideshow of selected shots. I... Read More knew they did great work but was amazed at just how great they made me and my husband look. Post-wedding, we had all the photos to look at in just weeks. They were really able to capture the spirit of the event, and I would HIGHLY recommend them to other couples.

Wonderful and Professional Team

Reviewed on 11/11/2013

Ricky and Kathy, our photographers, made our special day truly amazing. Not only did they arrive earlier than scheduled, they stayed later and made sure to capture as many special moments as possible. They were extremely professional in their demeanor and very patient, given... Read More that ours was a loud and boisterous Indian wedding. And the photographs came out beautifully! The high-quality photos captured the rich colors of our wedding perfectly, and we were so pleased with the results. We cannot thank Ricky and Kathy enough. Highly recommended!

Amazing work!

Reviewed on 10/19/2013 Mabel Y

It was such a pleasure working with Ricky and Anabelle on our wedding day. We received our photos within 7 weeks and they are amazing! Ricky is extremely reliable and responsive to any questions we had which made the entire process of long-distance wedding planning less... Read More stressful since we had to select a photographer based solely on reviews and we are so pleased that he was our photographer! He was punctual on the wedding day and his enthusiastic energy kept the bridal party going for the entire day considering most of us were exhausted from having to be up quite early for prep. Overall, we had a great experience with Ricky and absolutely love his work! He captured all the beautiful moments from our wedding with photos that we will cherish as memories forever!