Ricky Cheung Photography

Engagement, Trash The Dress

Queens, NY
NY, NJ, Tri-state area

Reviewed on 6/08/2015

This was one of the vendors I was most concerned with. This is the only record we will have of our wedding in years to come since we chose not to have videography. And you’re spending the whole day with this person! Thankfully, Ricky is amazing!! He was the 1st photographer we... Read More met with, and I knew I wanted to book with him on the spot! He took the time to go through what the whole day would be like by scrolling through a recent wedding he shot. It was definitely helpful to get a sense of what would happen. Ricky is knowledgable and calm, and I loved his style of photography. I can’t stress enough how great it was working with him. I had a mini panic attack a week and a half before the wedding when I realized that we needed to go off-site for 1st look photos. Ricky called me and we spoke about it. We worked on the timeline, and I rescheduled everything (hair, makeup, limos, venue arrival time), and it was so worth the aggravation! I’m sure our pics will look amazing. We booked a 2nd shooter (Federico) through him, and he was also great...the bridal party had a blast with him while we were taking our own shots. I cannot wait to see our pics! They were awesome to work with on the big day. They took so many pictures…honestly cannot be an easy job, especially since he was essentially with us for 12 hours! He made sure that we got all the shots we wanted. I was really impressed with the albums he brought for us to see. I wasn't going to get an album at first, but he does such an amazing job, that I just had to have one for us!

Great Photographer for June 2014 Wedding

Reviewed on 3/02/2015 Kasime R

This review is long overdue! Ricky and his wife are great. They made my husband and I feel comfortable and like we should, the stars of the night. He was very accommodating and even called to check up on us a couple of days before the wedding to make sure we are doing well and... Read More to reassure us that everything will go smoothly. We had a tough venue to shoot at (The Bronx Zoo), but each picture came out perfectly and professionally. I would highly recommend Ricky! Thank you Ricky for making our wedding night a night to remember!

Beautiful Memories Captured & Professional Attitude

Reviewed on 1/04/2015 Irina

As any bride knows, the wedding day can be very hectic and busy! Ricky really helped to alleviate any related stress and took beautiful shots, capturing everything we asked for according to our shot list, and more! He worked really well with our videographers and the bridal... Read More party. He was professional, fast, and the quality of his work is brilliant. I highly recommend Ricky to all couples. He is absolutely a pleasure to work with.

Awesome photographers!

Reviewed on 8/14/2014 Lyndsay H

Ricky did our wedding in June. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about the experience at all. Our photos came back looking amazing and they managed to catch just about every guest who attended. The photos came back in a timely matter and Ricky was nothing but professional... Read More throughout the entire experience. Hiring Ricky was one if the best choices, if not the best choice, we made throughout this entire experience. My wife is a better writer than I am but if there's one point I want to get across with this review, it is to HIRE RICKY!! Thank you Ricky!

Great photographer!!

Reviewed on 7/28/2014 Jenny C

Ricky was amazing!! So easy to work with and the pictures came out absolutely beautiful!!! When we got them back I felt like we really got to relive every moment; he did a great job capturing the essence of the day. Definitely recommend!!

Exceptional service and incredible quality!

Reviewed on 7/28/2014 Wendy C

Ricky and his wife are an amazing team. We connected with them from the very beginning and they were nothing but professional the day of the event. They arrived on time and made us feel at ease during the portraits and just did an amazing job capturing our day. At one point it... Read More was pouring rain and despite being completely soaked, they never complained and captured one of the best pictures in the entire album! They also surprised us with a slideshow set up at the reception with some pictures from earlier in the day so our guests can get a sneak peek. We asked nicely and they gave us a discount :) One minor suggestion is maybe use a USB instead of CD with the gallery of images since some computers don't come with CD drives. We are incredibly happy with the photos!

Reviewed on 7/27/2014

Ricky is really good at what he is doing. He takes pride in his work and he is very professional. I would definitely recommend him to the future brides and grooms for his service.

Wedding photos

Reviewed on 7/27/2014 Victoria S

We were very glad to have found Ricky as he delivered a fantastic job! The weather was not perfect on our wedding day and there was a short window in which he had to capture our most special moments outdoors. He managed with great professionalism, speed and flair while at the... Read More same time making us feel at ease. We are very pleased with the pictures and many of our guests complimented on Ricky's skills. We highly recommend his services!

Reviewed on 7/24/2014

Ricky Cheung Photography was absolutely amazing! The quality of his work is outstanding and his personality made the bride and groom at ease throughout the stressful wedding day. I highly recommend him.

beautiful photos, a true professional

Reviewed on 5/17/2014 Jenny P

My guests are still raving about the beautiful photos that he took. He showcased a few that night on a laptop by the bar and my guests loved them. He also made it fun even after the 100th take. We received a DVD with the photos and did not pay for additional photo album.

Awesome photographer!

Reviewed on 4/07/2014 Kyla D

Ricky was a pleasure to work with. From our initial meeting, Ricky was just great- very communicative & professional. We did 'first look' and arrived at our initial meeting place on time without a problem. From there we did all of our family and bridal party pictures. He was... Read More great working with everyone including the 6 kids in the wedding. He also didn't insist on taking a million pictures of everyone- instead he knew when he got the right shot. Our pictures turned out so well!!! My family is still talking about how great the photographer was 7months later! We also really liked that we had the rights to our pictures, as that was important to us. We highly recommend Ricky to anyone.

Ricky's work allowed us to relive every moment of our wedding

Reviewed on 2/24/2014

I whole-heartedly recommend Ricky Cheung to anyone looking for a photographer to capture THAT momentous occasion. That magical day, the day of your wedding, will flash before your eyes before you realize that you haven't even had a morsel to eat - Thank goodness for Ricky.... Read More His expertise was a huge help. He made me feel so comfortable and relieved throughout the whirlwind of the planning process and the big day. Ricky encapsulated our wonderful day in a way that allowed us to relive every moment. He made everybody in my party feel special. You can see it in the final product. The visuals were so powerful that we felt every tear, every smile and even enjoyed everyone's dance moves. Ricky's work captured our wedding day even better than the video. Don't let these precious moments go by without Ricky's storytelling talent and his cameras! THANK YOU Ricky!

Amazing pictures and Great Personality!

Reviewed on 11/26/2013 Dina K

I don't write reviews often, but I had to take a moment to tell all future brides how wonderful Ricky and his wife were :) They were professional, hardworking, creative and positive throughout the whole experience. On the day of your wedding you are not just looking for someone... Read More who will capture those amazing shots, but a team member who will really support you and effectively manage any challenges that may occur on one of the most important days of your life. Up until the moment of my ceremony, it was POURING outside (and I was getting married in Westhampton on the beach!!) Instead of showing any sign of worry, Ricky and his wife were so positive and encouraging. They kept telling me the sun would come out and not to be concerned, that we would get great shots either way:) They handled a lot of curve balls that day (rain, fussy family members, schedule changes, etc...) and knew exactly how to manage the time and space so that the show would go on. They made me feel happy, cheerful and focused on the joy of the occasion. Believe me when I say, in the end of the day, the small things we brides obsess over don't really matter... the most important thing you will take away from your wedding is the EXPERIENCE, the energy, support and joy of the people around you. Choose to surround yourself with positive, professional people who will look out for your best interests even when you forget to yourself!! In all the whirlwind, there were so many important shots my husband and I would have completely forgotten to take, but Ricky made SURE we didn't. He even cared enough to remind us to pull away from our amazing cocktail hour to head down to the beach to take some private photos as a couple. He said, "Trust me, you will thank me for this later" and sure enough we did!!! Those shots turned out to be some of the most treasured. I will forever be grateful to Ricky for the hard-work, focused and positive energy he brought to my day as well as a final product that is just beautiful.

Ricky Cheung Photography

Reviewed on 11/25/2013 avisia l

We used Ricky as our wedding photographer this past October (2013) He was beyond amazing. Everyone I talk to is still talking about how great him and his wife were. They were so personable and easy to work with and took the most amazing photos.

Wonderful and Professional Team

Reviewed on 11/11/2013

Ricky and Kathy, our photographers, made our special day truly amazing. Not only did they arrive earlier than scheduled, they stayed later and made sure to capture as many special moments as possible. They were extremely professional in their demeanor and very patient, given... Read More that ours was a loud and boisterous Indian wedding. And the photographs came out beautifully! The high-quality photos captured the rich colors of our wedding perfectly, and we were so pleased with the results. We cannot thank Ricky and Kathy enough. Highly recommended!

Talented and Easy to Work With

Reviewed on 10/25/2013 Lauren M

Ricky and his wife were a perfect addition to Team Wedding. They're personable, professional, and (most importantly) talented. By the time the reception started, they already had some of the pics loaded on their laptop and were able to show a slideshow of selected shots. I... Read More knew they did great work but was amazed at just how great they made me and my husband look. Post-wedding, we had all the photos to look at in just weeks. They were really able to capture the spirit of the event, and I would HIGHLY recommend them to other couples.

Amazing work!

Reviewed on 10/19/2013 Mabel Y

It was such a pleasure working with Ricky and Anabelle on our wedding day. We received our photos within 7 weeks and they are amazing! Ricky is extremely reliable and responsive to any questions we had which made the entire process of long-distance wedding planning less... Read More stressful since we had to select a photographer based solely on reviews and we are so pleased that he was our photographer! He was punctual on the wedding day and his enthusiastic energy kept the bridal party going for the entire day considering most of us were exhausted from having to be up quite early for prep. Overall, we had a great experience with Ricky and absolutely love his work! He captured all the beautiful moments from our wedding with photos that we will cherish as memories forever!

Amazing Pictures!

Reviewed on 10/09/2013 BrideEKR R

Ricky and his partner photographed my wedding and I'm so amazed and happy with my pictures. Ricky was so funny and easy to work with the day of my wedding. He had my bridal party laughing which makes it fun to take pictures and removes the stress of wedding day drama. He was on... Read More time and professional. We received the pictures in 6 weeks, great timing given that I got married in the summer. The pictures were better than I could imagine. Great storytelling and wonderful photography. You will be happy you booked Ricky for your wedding.

We love Ricky!! (and his wife)

Reviewed on 7/31/2013 Lauren N

He was fantastic at our wedding on Saturday, July 20th, 2013. Ricky was really enthusiastic, witty and fun to be around. He def got the energy going during my bridal prep... (which I have to admit, the mood was a little flat- we started prep at 6am; an ungodly hour for a... Read More saturday). His wife was his assistant the day of our wedding and they both were pretty awesome. They both had excellent creative instincts and a good eye for detail, especially with poses for portraits. They knew what poses/ photos that worked and what didn't work. And they were able to adapt and adjust poses/ backgrounds accordingly. In all honesty, we rated Ricky's Quality a 4, only because we haven't gotten our photos yet, but I'm sure as soon as we get them he will definitely rate a 5. I say this because he put a laptop in the corner of our reception room and displayed some of the "first look" photos and portraits that were taken earlier that morning (...of note, these were the un-editted versions of the pictures.) Many of our guests came up to us and complimented us on how talented our photographer was. I personally only got to see a few photos (like only 2- I mean come on! I was the bride and there was no time to take a break away from all the dancing and mingling)... but if my family and my husband's family were ranting and raving about the photographs- I'm sure they are pretty awesome. Ricky even catered to my last minute semi-crazy bridezilla requests- like deciding to have an album made last minute (it def wasn't in the original contract). He added the album to the balance when I called him about 1-2 weeks before the wedding to discuss the wedding itinerary. And he was even ok with extending the time frame for the remaining balance because I was unable to get him the money soon before the wedding; my life at that time was too disorganized with a new job and moving into a new apt. Overall, I truly recommend RIcky to brides who are looking for an affordable, personable and talented photographer. The one other thing I would probably recommend as well (...which I didn't do and kinda regret now) is to get a second photographer; perhaps, requesting Ricky's wife. Yeah I know, its extra money, but I think its worth it especially if you have a pretty large wedding... Hope this review was helpful :)

A pleasure to work with

Reviewed on 7/30/2013 Lauren B

Ricky did our engagement photos as well as our wedding. During the engagement shoot he really worked with my husband and I to get us use to being in front of the camera and ready for the wedding day. He returned our engagement photos quickly and we got a lot of photos. He was... Read More very personable and very professional. Ricky worked well with us the day of the wedding. While that day was really stressful and everyone wanted to get pictures with my husband and I, he was still smiling, happy and willing to take any picture that we wanted. It was a pleasure to work with him.

Perfect NYC wedding with the help from Ricky Cheung

Reviewed on 7/30/2013

I live in the UK after endless Internet searches for a photographer for my NYC wedding. I finally came across Ricky Cheung - his fantastic work caught my eye and so did his prices!! After a few back and forth emails I booked Ricky. We met at my hotel a few days before the... Read More wedding to discuss details of my wedding. Ricky is such a bubbly and friendly person we immediately felt comfortable. He open to all of our ideas. I knew from the minute of meeting him, he was going to be amazing. Wedding day arrives Ricky arrives 5 minutes before his arranged time eager to get started (fab time keeping) He took photos of myself & my family getting ready - which I totally forgot he was even in the room he was so discret and capturing all of our natural laughs and talks. Ricky was like a wedding planner/photographer, he kept my make up artist on track of time, so we had time for hotel shots....and of course no to be late for my wedding. He arranged a taxi to collect me from my hotel as I had not arranged transport. He knew the exact location and kept the taxi driver right.....:) After the ceremony he gathered all of the guests which kept everyone right (which should have been the wedding co ordianators job right?) he was a god send. He literally did keep my wedding together :) We went round all of the locations in Central Park and got the best shoots possible ever imaginable. My photos should be on the cover of a wedding magazine. He stayed till the bitter end, he has done a fantatsic job, I am truely thankful for his help and most off all outstanding photos :) he will always be part of my wedding memories. Please look no further for a wedding photographer. You will regret it if you do not book him and not have him part of your wedding. Louise Fleming - Newcastle UK.

Great Photographer!

Reviewed on 5/27/2013 Rachel B

My husband and I recently renewed our wedding vows. I was searching for a great photographer from various websites and I came across Ricky Cheung. He was great to work with! My husband and I were extremely shy for our engagement session, but, Ricky amazed us with great... Read More photographs! On our wedding day, Ricky was punctual and always had great ideas to capture great shots. He and his wife manage to capture moments that were truly dear to us. Both Ricky and his wife Kathy went above and beyond to make our day memorable! Our guest are amazed at our photos and are still talking about them. Ricky and Kathy are truly great photographers!

A special day made possible by our photographer

Reviewed on 3/28/2013 John K

My wife and I got married in October and our day was made fantastic by Ricky Cheung Photography. Capturing our day the way he did will last a lifetime. You look back on your special day and the way the photographs come out means something. From our ceremony to the wedding... Read More photos we took and the reception, Ricky did a tremendous job making us look our best and really encapsulating how special our wedding day was.

Reviewed on 3/15/2013 Sreekala R

My husband and I were thrilled to have Ricky and his wife as our two photographers for our wedding. They met with us and really got all the nitty gritty details for the day and even helped me iron out some of the details to make the day flow more smoothly. I got dressed at one... Read More site and had the ceremony and reception at another, and Ricky was with me the whole way. He has experience with Indian weddings/Hindu ceremonies. He kept me on track with time for the day but we got to take all the pictures we wanted and had a great day. Like clockwork, he got us our gorgeous photos in time and the DVDs were packaged beautifully. He made us separate links to smugmug to view ourselves and also to send to family and friends. I can't image someone else having been with us that day!

The absolute best!

Reviewed on 10/17/2012 Maggie K

We can't even begin to express how happy we are that we worked with Ricky on our wedding day! It's clear when you take a look at his work that he has a very artistic eye, and that was what drew us to him in the first place. We are so thrilled with how our photos turned out -... Read More from the traditional, posed and impromptu photographs to the romantic, artistic and creative photos Ricky took, we are just ecstatic. Our engagement photos were also unbelievable - we've received so many compliments on both sets of photographs! Our friends and family all thought it looked like the photos belonged in magazines. Ricky & Kathy also really took their time with us for the engagement photos, and we truly appreciated that. In addition to a tremendous finished product (and as someone who looked at A LOT of photographers, I can say with confidence that Ricky's work surpasses all of them and at a very reasonable cost), Ricky, Kathy and Freddie were truly all a pleasure to spend time with - you don't realize how much time you spend with your photographer on your wedding day and even on engagement photos, and someone who is both easy-going and pleasant yet has clear direction, like Ricky, is hard to find. And, not only were Ricky & Freddie top-notch photographers on our 96 degree wedding day, they also saved the day when they chauffeured us after our wedding limo arrived without air conditioning! I can't recommend Ricky Cheung Photography enough - if you choose Ricky, it will be the best decision you make for your wedding! A million thanks, Ricky!