Riley Photographic

(18)

Maine and New Hampshire, ME

Riley PhotoGraphic | Life Captured

Riley PhotoGraphic represents sophistication, grace and luxury. Though our style is constantly evolving to meet our clients' needs, we understand that your wedding photographs should be exquisite and timeless.

Specialty

A Variety/Blend of Styles

Other Styles

Boudoir, Trash the Dress

64 Lydon Lane E, Maine and New Hampshire, ME

By FAR the right photographer for my wedding!

Reviewed on 1/13/2011 Jenn C

It was the gorgeous pictures on their website that drew me to them. The second thing was, I was able to start chatting with Chris right there on the site through Instant Message, VERY convenient! Once we met with Chris from Riley Photographic, it was NO contest to who we were gonna pick. Chris has an ability to be in tune with the chemistry of the couple and works with it. He understood my husband and I after our first meeting together, made a strong connection with us and he made magic happen with that. We met photographers that were just a joke, and other that were far too pricy. With Riley Photographic you get the same quality as the "expensive" photographers, actually better in my opinion. in addition to the great pricing, gorgeous work, you get creativity that made for unbelievable shots in my wedding album, and we got an AMAZING personality to work with. My entire wedding party AND family, each individually came up to me over the past few months after my wedding and commented on how good we did on picking Chris/Riley Photographic. They are exceptionally professional, and yet fun and easy going when you need them to be. It didn't matter how nervous I was (I hate having pictures taken of me), they really make you feel at ease and like you're just hanging out, only difference is you look AMAZING with hair and make-up done, and you'll see that ease in every picture. He was very discreet at the wedding, you never knew he was even taking pictures, unless of course he was dancing on the dance floor and having a good time :) The proofs were outstanding, the album is the most beautiful album I have seen. You are part of the process of the process every step of the way. There wasn't a single detail on my album that wasn't ok'd by me first. They are a joy to work with, the products were 100% satisfying and beyond anything I expected. Out of all the wedding I went to this year, we had our pictures and products back the fastest. I am utterly proud to say they were my photographer, and wouldn't have been happy with anyone else. Everything just fit perfectly. This is a photographer that will go above and beyond for their customers, and they many many time for us. They have a customer for life with us :)

Riley Photographic

Reviewed on 1/08/2015 Kristine H

My now husband and I hired Riley Photographic for our August (2014) wedding, I had searched for hours and gone through numerous sites until I finally decided to give Chris Riley a call. I explained to him what I was looking for and we seemed to have similar visions, so we hired him and were not disappointed. Week for an engagement session on a beach in Portland and the pictures came out amazing. They were creative, yet simple and my space didn't feel invaded at all- I feel some photographers can get too 'in your face'. We all went out to dinner after the engagement shoot and got to know Chris a little, we had some good laughs! Chris went above and beyond in every way possible, my husband and I ended up needing to find a new videographer 4 months before our wedding, I called Chris in tears wondering if he knew of any videographers that may be available for our wedding that were top knotch quality, before we were even off the phone he had sent out e-mails and given me phone numbers, within 30 minutes we had a new videographer who was also amazing! They wedding day went so smoothly, Chris and his team showed up exactly on time, were well prepared, and took care of more things behind the scenes than I was even aware of. We received our photos after the wedding in a timely manner and he even surprised us around Christmas time by sending us a printed photo album with a kind note that we had no idea he was going to do! Over all, if you are looking for high quality pictures, someone that goes above and beyond in every way, and is easy to get along with, Riley Photographic is the way to go.

Love them!

Reviewed on 12/10/2014 Laurie P

Chris and Chris were amazing. They were so much fun to have around on the wedding day. They got to know our wedding party and family. They were laid back and relaxed which relaxed me. They were awesome helping with timing, planning and location/picture ideas. I would highly recommend them.

Look no further Chris is amazing!

Reviewed on 8/18/2014 Leigh D

Chris Riley was my photographer at a Peaks Island wedding. He also photographed our flower picking bachelorette party at Little River Flower Farm (Buxton,ME). From the first time we spoke I knew Chris was the right photographer for us- he was funny, easy going and totally got what we were looking for. He orchestrated major parts of the wedding and he did so beautifully! He was honestly fun to be around and made the whole experience so seamless.

Worth every penny!!

Reviewed on 2/12/2014 Deana D

We highly reccommend Riley Photographic to anyone looking for a fun, professional vendor! They made our wedding process and day go so smoothly, and as a bride that is exactly what I was looking for. I look forward to working with them in the future for other events!

Beautifully Captured

Reviewed on 9/22/2013 Sarah G

I want to begin by saying that this is the first review I have EVER written. Reading reviews from others helped me find the perfect wedding photographer, and I wanted to do the same for others who may be searching. We were very happy with our decision and even happier after seeing the end results. From the moment I contacted Riley Photographic through their website Chris was very responsive to my questions, down-to-earth and easy to talk to. Since I was living in Washington state while planning a wedding in Maine, most of early conversation was via e-mail. When I told Chris that this was going to be military wedding (Navy) and he said that his only hesitation was that he would have to choke back tears, I knew he was the perfect fit to photograph our special day. When the wedding day came, Chris far exceeded our expectations. Unfortunately we had a rainy day, but Chris saw this as an opportunity rather than a downfall. His artistic eye picked up some clever locations for formal photographs, namely the covered porch for the town hall near our church. It was absolutely perfect, but I never would have picked it out myself. He also used the dark storm clouds overhead to create some very dramatic photographs that took our breath away when we saw them. We could not be happier with our choice to use Riley Photographic as our wedding photographers. Chris was a lot of fun at the wedding and just wonderful to work with. The pictures are all amazing and will remain a source of joy for the rest of our lives. We cannot thank him enough for capturing these memories. You will not be disappointed if you choose them to capture yours as well.

Fantastic Job by Chris R and Chris L

Reviewed on 11/16/2012 Christina S

We had such a great experience with Chris R and Chris L. We first hired Chris R after reviewing photos from their website. We were hiring them from away, so we also had a conference call with Chris that was very helpful to go over our goals for the wedding. We thought that he really captured moments beautifully. We didn't want photos that were too dramatic, but also didn't want them that were too plain. They really were able to give us the right balance with great results. We first had our engagement shot in September and took photos by the beach. Chris R was a lot of fun and had us pose in a lot of great shots. When we got the pictures back we were floored. So much so that we bought the entire disc. We knew we made the right choice. For the wedding, Chris R was with the girls and Chris L was with the boys up to the ceremony, and they got a lot of great shots leading up to the event. We were able to get a lot of candid shots as well as posed shots. Some of my favorite shots are actually the formal photo church - they really came out stunning. Also I had a long veil and the day of we were able to take some amazing photos with it. During the Reception Chris and Chris were running around all night to get the perfect candids. We had a huge dance party and we got some pretty awesome shots of us and our friends. In the end we loved our photos and can't wait to use our "lifetime portrait credit" in the future. Thanks Chris and Chris - every time we look back at these photos we re-live our perfect day!

one focused guy

Reviewed on 11/10/2012 Jennifer H

chris and chris, did a great job on our wedding photos, they captured moments at our wedding that i didn't even know happened. they were very professional. and were able to get everyone to loosen up and have a good time and get great shots. they are able to help find a plan that works for you and your budget. a photograph is one of the only and best ways to remember your big day. you definitely want to leave it to the pro's like chris. you won't be disappointed.

Amazing photographers! Extremely happy!

Reviewed on 9/26/2012 Amy B

Love Chris and Tim! They made everyone so comfortable especially the children. We were a little uncomfortable taking photos and they told us how to pose and exactly what to do, it was a great experience

Fabulous

Reviewed on 8/03/2012 Kim H

Tim Riley is a true professional. He made us feel comfortable and was a huge part of our day. He was amazing to work with!

Chris is AWESOME!

Reviewed on 1/10/2012 Katie P

Our photos were the one thing that we spared no expense on since after the day is over, that's all you have left. We discovered Riley Photographic at the Portland Bridal Show and fell in love with their photography. When we found out they were willing to do a destination wedding, we were hooked. Our destination wedding did not end up happening, however, but working with Chris was so fantastic that we kept him as our wedding photographer. He was incredibly professional, fun and loved by all of our guests. He stayed with us the whole day and night (into the wee hours I might add) and was able to capture the entire event from the arrival at the bridal salon to the countdown to midnight. I would highly recommend Riley Photographic to any bride that is looking for someone with an artistic vision.

Riley Rocks

Reviewed on 10/30/2011 Kari S

I’ve know Chris Riley for over 20 years and through the years he has always shown an extreme amount of professionalism and commitment in everything he has done. When I proposed to my fiancée I knew that my next call would be to Riley. It was awesome to have a close buddy to count on but also fantastic to watch him in action as photography truly is his Passion. He arrived at our Rehearsal and met my fiancée and the families and immediately jumped in to help us fine tune the wedding ceremony to allow him to capture the best shots. His interest in people, creativity, attention to detail, and experience made both my wife and I confident that he was going to capture our day. I hired him knowing that we could count on him 100% and he not only proved that to us but our families and all our wedding guests. Shortly after the wedding he surprised us with an amazing montage of video and stills to ‘Our” song - It’s priceless! All our family and friends have easily viewed our pictures on his website and just cannot believe how awesome they are! Thank you My Friend – you are the BEST!

Amazing photos from an awesome photographer

Reviewed on 10/27/2011 Caitlin Anne H

I kind of lucked into finding Riley Photographic. We went to look at the venue that I already had my heart set on and while we were flipping through some of the promotional albums my (now) husband kept commenting on one particular one. Since he wasn't interested in too many of the details, I took notice of his interest and decided to track this photographer down. Lucky for me, I realized shortly after meeting Chris that my husband had picked out the perfect photographer. We had an amazing time working with Chris for our wedding. Starting with the engagement photo shoot and ending with pictures out on the dance floor, he knew exactly what we were looking and captured it all. He has a unique point of view, but knows how to balance photojournalism with traditional wedding photography so that we ended up with a well-rounded collection of photos of our wedding day. My husband and I really enjoyed working with Chris and he was very easy to get along with. He was at ease with all of the strong personalities in our families and made the photos a lot less stressful. Friends and family all raved about how nice he was to work with, and my sister (who isn't engaged) is already hoping to book him for her wedding. My husband and I aren't exactly naturals in front of the camera, but Chris made it all come together so beautifully. We cannot believe how wonderful all of the pictures look! Not only was Chris an amazing photographer, but he also went above and beyond the call of duty. He was on top of all the things that needed to be done for the day, from making sure to get the flowers up to the room to making sure that the guys were on schedule to opening the champagne for us in the limo. My husband and I joked that he was like a wedding "multi-tool". Hiring Riley Photographic is by far one of the best decisions we made during our wedding planning.

The most beautiful photos I have ever seen!

Reviewed on 10/25/2011 Lauren L

We are beyond thrilled with Riley Photographic. They were amazingly professional yet also personal and intimate with us throughout the whole wedding process. They spent time with us before the wedding and asked us unique questions, like what adjectives we wanted people to use to describe our wedding! The photos really reflected the true personalities of my husband and me and everyone kept saying that they could not believe how many photos they ended up taking and how we could begin to even choose! I felt like they were a part of my family by the end of the day and I would recommend them 100 % to anyone who is looking for a fantastic pair of photographers. Chris and Tim Riley were truly outstanding!

Stunning Photographs!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2011 Amber A

We were lucky enough to have Chris Riley as our photographer. Our group is a fun-loving (sometimes inappropriate) type of crowd and Chris fit right in like he had always known us. I can't say enough that would do him justice. He made the hour of requisite photo-taking fun and it flew right by. He honored our schedule to the minute, and made everything go smoothly. And most importantly, the photos are absolutely stunning! I would positively, without a doubt, recommend Riley Photographic.

Absolutely perfect.

Reviewed on 9/05/2011 Molly W

I did a lot of research on photographers when choosing Riley Photographic, but honestly I think I just got lucky in the end. Riley Photographic was in the middle of the price range of photographers I found in the area, but I think every penny was worth it. We had Chris Riley for our photographer and we really felt comfortable with him. Chris knew exactly how to "direct" us so that the poses looked natural and we looked like ourselves. Chris was very laid back and quick to adapt to different situations. All of our family and friends commented on how friendly Chris was throughout the reception. He also photographed our traditional Korean ceremony which we performed the night before the wedding. We will truly treasure the images that Chris captured for years to come. This is exactly what you are looking for in a photographer.

Great, Fun Photographer

Reviewed on 8/25/2011 Michelle K

Tim was a great photographer and lots of fun. He had some great ideas and was very personable. There were a few pictures I wish he had taken, but I never asked for them so that's my fault. All our pictures were put up on a website by the time we got back from our honeymoon for our review.

fantastic

Reviewed on 5/17/2010 Samantha d

Tim Riley with Riley Photography was fantastic. He was not only a pleasure to work with prior to the wedding, but he was blast to be around during our wedding. He handled our complicated family pictures with ease, and was extremely creative in dealing with the less than perfect weather we had on our wedding day, our pictures are fantastic. Several of our guests commented on how fun he was, out on the dance floor snapping away. Our pictures were on his website with in a week from our wedding, and our album was completed in a timely manner as well.

Send Email