Rio Hondo Event Center

Downey, CA

Making Memories One Event at a Time

The Rio Hondo Event Center is centrally located between Los Angeles and Orange County. With sweeping views of the majestic Rio Hondo Golf Course and picturesque sunsets, the RHEC is one of the most romantic locations in all of LA and Orange County.

$$

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Country Club

10627 Old River School Rd, Downey, CA

Perfect place for a wedding!

Reviewed on 7/22/2013 Christina J

We are so happy that we found this place to have our wedding. Everything was perfect! We really liked Mark. He was very inviting, accommodating and he always acted in a professional manner. We met and talked about the venue, the cost, and the food. He also gave us a nice tour of the place. What sold me was the fact that Mark was so nice and easy going, and he was willing to work with our budget. Their prices are very reasonable and the venue is absolutely beautiful. The outside area where our ceremony was held had an amazing view of the golf course. The inside ballroom was beautiful and with my decorations, it was stunning! Another great thing about this place is that Mark offers other items for your wedding. You can get linens, napkins, and chiavari chairs from him at an excellent price. The way he designed my napkins was so beautiful! I loved it! Also, the food is excellent. I loved the appetizers, the salad, and the main course! It all was delicious. I would recommend any and everyone to use this place because it is beautiful and the staff is awesome!

Perfect Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 5/30/2013 Yamanda M

Rio Hondo Event Center is truly a hidden gem in Downey. We really wanted an outdoor ceremony and indoor reception so the beautiful grounds of this venue was perfect. Mark was very easygoing and pleasant to work with. He was helpful throughout the process. He was really great about giving advice about reducing stress related to wedding planning. He provided a list of a great group of vendors that he'd work with in the past, which was also very helpful. The tasting was fun. Great packages, great prices, particularly since we chose to do a friday wedding.

BEST Venue EVER!

Reviewed on 10/27/2011 Donna S

My husband and I are so glad we found Rio Hondo before we put a deposit on any other venue! Everything is kept clean! When you're inside the ballroom, all of the guests has a beautiful view of the sunset and the golf course with all of its hills and trees. The balcony is perfect for cocktail hour. Marc Shelton is extremely friendly and helpful. He's completely laid back that it rubbed off on me! He'll work with you and your budget and make your wedding hassle-free! His daughter, Brandi, also offers a candy bar buffet, so if you want one for your wedding, you can just ask her! Once again, I definitely recommend this venue to anyone!

Extremely Unprofessional

Reviewed on 1/30/2015 Yvette V

I was very interested in this venue for my wedding so I scheduled an appointment with Mark. I detailed to him what time frame I was looking for for my wedding and he was very friendly on the phone and we exchanged cell phone numbers so that he could contact me if he had a change in plans. I live in Rancho Cucamonga, CA so I had to drive about 40 miles to get to Downey. My parents, fiance, and I arrive to the location and we began to look for Mark. My fiance spoke with a worker and said that he would try to find him. Fifteen minutes later we start to get anxious and we start asking other workers at the facility about his whereabouts. Five minutes later, someone approaches my dad and hands him packet. He then hands it to me and its a pricing packet from 2013. That same worker says "Mark isn't here, would you still like a tour? This is for a quinceanra correct?" I told this worker this is ridiculous and very unprofessional. He then said Mark had an emergency, which is fine, emergencies happen all the time, but when I drive over 40 miles ONE WAY to visit the place I would have liked a phone call so we could have rescheduled. It has been almost a week and I still have not received an email or phone call apologizing for the situation. What a waste of gas! 80 miles round trip! Be careful if you book here.

Disappointing!

Reviewed on 7/23/2014 Nicole S

We recently had our parents 50th Anniversary at Rio Hondo Event Center and Mark Sr promised us the world. We did the food tasting and it was very good. However, the day of the event there were quite a few things that didn't happen that were in the contract. We ordered mashed potatoes and had red roasted potatoes. In addition to the cake we brought in Mark said he would set out a assortment of desserts on the side and this wasn't done. There weren't candles on the table and the most disappointing is the drapery that was suppose to go around the dance floor. We were going for a elegant look and he promised us this and it didn't happen. All these things were in our contract and he failed to see them through. Service wasn't top notch. One gentleman helped us all night and he was great. Other than that, not one person went around and offered coffee to our guest. This is a 50th Anniversary - some of our guest were older. My family was very disappointed. After the celebration, my brother stopped in to see Mark and he wasn't there. My brother emailed Mark and never received a reply. What happened to customer service? On the plus side, the view of the golf course is beautiful and the food was good. If you decide to book with Rio Hondo, please stay on top of Mark to make sure you receive what's promised.

amazing!

Reviewed on 12/06/2010 tabetha s

everything was amazing! the room looked fabulous and and very romantic, just like i wanted it. the ceremony was also set up wonderfully. the staff was so amazing and helpful with everything! they made sure that my night was everything i wanted it to be. the food was amazing and i kept getting compliments from all my guests on how good the food was. it was excellent value for the money too. i wouldn't of had it anywhere else

AWESOME!

Reviewed on 10/22/2010 Jessica M

So at the beginning we went with this venue b/c it was the nicest one we saw that was in our price range... it turned out to be AMAZING! Everyone raged about the food (stuffed cranberry chicken) and the room looked SPECTACULAR! Mark (the coordinator) threw in so many extra things including lighting and colored linen. At first i was worried that he seemed a but too busy... but once my date was approaching he was totally hands on. The best way to show how caring these people are... and how much they want your day to turn out great... is by sharing how they went to the store to buy me another garter because i forgot to put mine on =/ HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

TO Rio Hondo Event Center