Riptide Entertainment

Sacramento, Lake Tahoe, Reno & Northern California

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Klezmer, Latin, World Music

Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Audio/Visual Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

Sacramento, CA Sacramento, Lake Tahoe, Reno & Northern California (916) 796-3152

Reviewed on 5/20/2017 Megan P

Thank you Derik and Rebecca!! Derik was awesome!! I received so many compliments on Derik from my guests. He interacted well with my bridal party, parents, etc. Derik saw how sarcastic and how much my family and friends would joke and he played into and made everyone laugh.... Read More He tried to pull off an amazing surprise, since we are huge Giants fans, but the Giants organization failed to respond to him. The fact that Derik made this attempt was so sweet, awesome and thoughtful!! Rebecca was available for EVERY single question I had throughout the entire planning process. They LOVE what they do and I loved that. They don't do this as a full-time job but they do this because the actually enjoy it, which makes them the best at it. I highly recommend this dynamic duo (and couple)!! The ONLY downfall is that Derik is a Dallas Cowboys fan..but he did so well that I can look past it. ;) Thank you Derik and Rebecca and GO GIANTS!!

Reviewed on 12/05/2016 Teri K

From the first time we met with DJ Derik on Skype, we knew were in good hands for our wedding. Derik and his wife, Rebecca worked with our budget to meet all of our requests including outdoor market lights that came with a much lower price tag than most companies offer. We... Read More also loved that Derik didn’t try to sell us on a bunch of services or tell us our budget wasn’t reasonable (yes, other DJs said that to us!). Rebecca and Derik responded quickly via email but it was great to sit down in-person a month before the wedding to go over the timeline and songs – he perfectly balanced listening to our requests and sharing his expertise. Derik kept our big day moving from the ceremony to the reception including a special request for the first dance song with my dad (even though my request came just a week before the wedding!). He kept the photographer in the loop so she knew when important things were happening. He was NOT cheesy whatsoever, and only spoke on the mic when it was absolutely necessary. He kept the party going! Thanks Derik and Rebecca!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Patty A

They are awesome! Cannot recommend them enough! They are professional but also extremely helpful and really care about you as a couple! The music was awesome, everyone was out there on the dance floor!

Reviewed on 9/29/2016 Leslie T

Where do I even begin for Riptide Entertainment... Derik and Rebecca are absolute the BEST in what they do. I interviewed 3 different DJs and I knew by the time Derik said Hi that I wanted him to be our DJ. I felt an immediate connection with him and in the end of the... Read More interview he became my friend. Derik handles all music and timeline related details while his wife Rebecca handles everything else. They respond to communication extremely quickly even when they were on vacation and I told them to not to bother emailing me back until after their vacation - they told me I was silly and still responded. It was important to me that we had a unplugged ceremony, Derik ensured me that he would make an announcement and promised that Rebecca would ask people nicely to put their phones away (if she saw them during the ceremony). Everyone at the wedding LOVED Derik - his personality is stellar, he played music that was fitting for all generations, had great ideas and he even went above and beyond as a DJ. There was a loose dog at the venue that he helped get and even served my husband and I drinks at dinner. If you are on the fence about the perfect DJ - don't be... Derik is the perfect choice!

So Amazing!

Reviewed on 6/30/2015 Nicole N

Derik and Rebecca are awesome! From day one, communication with them was extremely easy and comfortable. They respond to e-mails, phone calls, and texts very promptly! We even presented them with a new situation in which we needed microphones during our ceremony on a golf course... Read More and there was no power source. Derik solved the problem, got us a small quiet generator, and had everything under control every step of the way. On the day of our wedding, everything went very smoothly! Derik is great at keeping everything on schedule, announcing things such as the bridal party entering or when it was time to cut the cake, and he plays great music too! We wanted lots of "oldies" and music that would please everyone across generations, and he delivered! We had lots of people out on the dance floor. Derik and Rebecca add a personal touch that you wouldn't expect to get from your DJ. When I first saw them on my wedding day, they both greeted me with hugs and hellos. When they left the room, one of the bridesmaids asked who they were and thought they were family. She was shocked to learn that it was our entertainment company! They go above and beyond and there are no more words to describe how great they are!