Photographing soulmates across Texas and beyond

I love to photograph weddings. I love the smiles, the laughter, and the unexpectedness of the day. I am based in Austin, Texas, but also photography weddings in Napa wine country in California and will go pretty much anywhere an opportunity takes me! Each wedding is unique and I want to capture everything about your wedding that makes it you. If you have any questions, I am always available to talk.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Engagement, Trash The Dress

Getting Engaged, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Austin, TX Central Texas and Napa Valley, California (541) 220-1584

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Brooke S

Claire was absolutely fabulous to work with as our photographer for our engagement photos and wedding!! My husband and I were initially nervous for our engagement photos, thinking it would just be awkward. Claire made us feel so comfortable, and made our photos look natural. We... Read More were shocked when we saw our engagement photos that she has made us look so good! She also somehow made the area we had done our photos look even prettier than it was in person! Now for the wedding, Claire and her husband again did an amazing job. She was well organized, knew where she wanted to take photos, and did a nice job of getting our families to cooperate. The photos came out stunning! The pictures were extremely artistic with a lot of candids that were beautiful. We are so happy with everything and Claire and Victor did for us!!

Reviewed on 6/30/2016 Brianna G

Claire is amazing!! She was my favorite of all the vendors and people we worked with on our wedding day. Claire shot both our engagement photos and wedding photos, and although we've only gotten a sneak preview of the wedding photos, I know the rest will be great! Claire is... Read More extremely calm and easy going, exactly what a stressed bride needs on her wedding day, and she does everything possible to make you happy. When I was unhappy with some of our engagement photos because I had to put my hair in a ponytail, Claire did an extra one hour shoot for us for free. When I was super stressed on the day and just needed to get away with my now husband, Claire had no problem driving us to a nearby park for some photos. Every time, we have gotten our photos back extremely quickly, but this does not sacrifice the quality in any way. It took just 5 days for her to send us a sneak peak of our wedding. I highly recommend Claire!

Reviewed on 12/04/2017 Erica S

Claire is absolutely amazing! She was an absolute blessing while shooting our engagement photos. My fiance and I were both very nervous about having photos taken because of our height difference I'm 4'10" and he's 6'2" and the past it hasn't always been the best experience, but... Read More with Claire it wasn't even something we thought about. She managed to make every photo the perfect photo.

Reviewed on 11/11/2017 Brittany W

This review is difficult to write because I'm not sure where to start completing Claire! My husband and I eloped last March, and Claire was an essential part in making the day perfect. During the ceremony and throughout the session, we both felt at ease and had a genuinely fun... Read More time. We are both accountants so needless to say we are not creative, and Claire directed us with patience. She also connected with me on Pinterest before our session in order to understand our style, which was way above and beyond the call of duty. I would put every single photo in a frame that Claire took! Book Claire while you can!

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Cierra R

Claire photographed my June wedding in Napa and she was an absolute delight to work with. She was very responsive to my emails and calls throughout, and she came out for a site visit before the wedding to get to know the venue. Her photos turned out beautifully and I couldn't be... Read More happier with them. Claire's the best!

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Logain A

Claire is so amazing and really cool. When we got engaged, we wanted to have our engagement photos be unique and fun so when we found Claire we were so excited! Her portfolio truly captured the love in the couples she photographed and it was really candid, warm and beautiful so... Read More it was an easy decision for us to do our shoot with her. Her style of photography is bright and warm. She is also creative in how she takes her shots. She is super patient and extremely responsive to emails, calls and texts as well as coming up with ideas for locations and working with her clients. Since I'm not from California, she helped me pick out the locations and she gave us a lot of advice overall. Our shoot could not have been more perfect! I recommend Claire to everyone that I know because she is so nice, professional and patient. Claire captured many awesome shots of us just talking to each other and of us laughing so you can tell the pictures were very candid and real. My friends and family were so surprised when I told them that Claire caught all of our laughs naturally and none of them were fake! The engagement session overall was incredibly fun thanks to Claire! I have continuously recommended Claire to family and friends and she has done baby shower, maternity, newborn and high school senior pics for them! They have all asked me for Claire's info after they saw my engagement photos and they all told me they had a great experience working with her!

Reviewed on 2/03/2016

My fiancé and I are getting married outside of California, so we weren't sure where to begin when looking for a photographer to take our photos in the Bay Area. Claire was the answer to our prayers! She did a fantastic job helping us to coordinate the shoot and made great... Read More suggestions about locations. She was always responsive and flexible in helping us plan around the weather, which was very appreciated. In person, she & her husband (who was helping her shoot that day) were so friendly and did a great job making us feel comfortable in front of the camera. Our pictures were beyond what we could have imagined; we really loved how they turned out, and we had lots of options for our save the dates. We could not recommend Claire highly enough!

Reviewed on 9/13/2015 Sara S

We booked Claire for our engagement pictures because we live in the Bay Area, but got married in SoCal. She was friendly and responded quickly to e-mails. She had great ideas on where to take pictures, as San Francisco has about a million options of beautiful places. On the day... Read More of, she kept us relaxed and at ease. We went to two different locations in SF. We realized she was driving back to Oakland and she was flexible in driving to Treasure Island with us and took some of our favorite pictures from there with the skyline in the background. Claire had such a quick turnaround on providing the pictures, and it was such a seamless process. We used the pics for our save-the-date and loved them!!

Highly Recommend!

Reviewed on 11/21/2014 Jillian R

We used Claire Mulkey for our autumn wedding in Napa Valley. Claire and her assistant, Meo, were fantastic! It was really advantageous to have two photographers on our wedding day. They got some really great shots that we had no idea were being taken. Claire and her team... Read More took great photographs. It was really hard for me to choose my favorites – they were all gorgeous! I’ve received so many compliments on our wedding pictures. I know that people are going to be complimentary but I’ve had a couple of people ask me who the photographer was because they want to recommend her to someone they know that is getting married. To me, that is a true testament to someone’s work. Claire and Meo seemed to be everywhere and nowhere during the wedding. They got photos of everything but we never noticed them. Even my mom asked how they got certain shots and said that she doesn’t remember seeing them at all. They were exactly where they should be but were not obtrusive. Claire was very open to suggestions and let us choose several photo opps along the way. She is easy to work with, fun, and creative. Claire went out of her way and drove up to Napa a couple of weeks before the wedding to scout the venue since she hadn’t shot there before. Talk about going the extra mile! She was always available via e-mail or Skype and she got our photos to us within two weeks. Having looked at a lot of photographers, I know that they can be extremely expensive. Claire is very reasonably priced for the quality and service you receive. In addition, she allowed us to download our pictures and have them printed where we chose – we didn’t have to buy the album from her. This was really important to us since we live in Australia but used Claire’s services in the U.S. I would highly recommend Claire Mulkey Photography.

Great Photos

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Marianne N

I found Claire online and saw her great portfolio. I really love the photos she took on our wedding day. There is a great mix of everything from the wedding, reception, dancing etc... There is a great mix of posed and candid photos and we couldn't be happier with Claire!!!

Claire Mulkey's Wedding Photography Blew Me Away

Reviewed on 8/26/2014 Kiri B

My wedding would not have been the same without Claire Mulkey Photography. Since the wedding photographs were incredibly important to me, I looked long and hard to find the perfect photographer. Claire was friendly, professional and a true pleasure to work with. She listened... Read More to what we wanted in terms of images and style, and these preferences were reflected in the finished images. I was completely blown away by the photos. Not only did they arrive much more quickly than I was expecting, but I loved almost every single picture. Claire did an incredible job of capturing the sentiment of the event. She took more than enough pictures of guests, family, decor & details, and my husband and I, so that I will only have the best photographs (and memories!) of my wedding day.

Amazing Photographer

Reviewed on 8/03/2014 Jasmine J

I hired Claire Mulkey for my May 2014 wedding at the Crooked Vine Winery in LIiermore, CA. I absolutely loved working with Claire. My husband and I aren’t super fond of being the center of attention, but Claire and her assistant managed to take the most glamorous pictures of us... Read More during our wedding. I can’t believe I looked like that, thanks Claire! She was very professional and caring. She caught some amazing shots of our wedding, so I feel like I can re-live it every time I look through the albums. I had no clue our officiant/sister in law jumped over the flower girl on the dance floor...the best photo ever! Nothing was lost with Claire and her assistant clicking away. I highly recommend Claire Mulkey Photography

Claire Mulkey

I fell in love with photographing weddings in 2010 and set up a business that serviced the San Francisco Bay Area and Napa Valley until 2016, when we moved to Austin, Texas. I primarily shoot weddings in Texas and continue to fly back to California for weddings as well. An adventurer at heart, I will travel almost anywhere in the US or abroad for a wedding! I down-to-earth, easy-going, and unrelenting in my love for photography.