A Higher Standard of DJ Service

There are many DJ services in St. Louis. Choosing the right one can be very overwhelming. As much as we want the honor of DJing your event, we want to make sure you get exactly what you are looking for in a DJ. The owner, Josh, has been a wedding DJ in the St. Louis market for over 20 years. He has personally been the DJ for over 400 wedding receptions! He knows what couples want and is dedicated to making sure your wedding day is everything you imagined it would be. Over the years Josh has attended many weddings and events as a guest and has experienced some great DJs and some not-so-great DJs. What makes the difference? Experience. Skills. Personality. Equipment. Make sure your entertainment can deliver on their promises!

Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Pop, R&B, Rock

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Tamara R

Thank you Josh for everything you have done for Tammy and me to make our wedding a huge success! Josh was the definition of professional throughout our wedding planning, through the ceremony and for the reception. Tammy and I gave him an idea of what we were looking for from... Read More the jump, and he more than delivered. His website was easy to navigate (that's saying something for me, since I don't care much for technology) for we could set up our must play and no play lists, as well as set up a timeline for our wedding and reception. Beyond that, we both greatly appreciate the time he took outside of our initial meeting to meet with us and go over expectations and everything else. Again, Josh's professionalism was on display throughout the whole process. Come 27 May 17, our wedding day and reception: FLAWLESS!!! His timing for the wedding party's entrance was perfect; his playlist for our reception was outstanding, going in line with our desires vibe for the night. And not only did he just play music--he was perfect with his introductions and set our reception entrance music up to perfection, setting up for a phenomenal night. I could go on forever, but in the interest of time, I'll end with this: BEST. PARTY AND WEDDING. EVER!!!! Thank you, Josh, for making our wedding and reception the best it could've ever been!!!

2017-10-11T15:59:47 Response from the vendor

It my pleasure! You two were an amazing couple to work with!

Reviewed on 10/02/2016

River City DJ made our wedding and reception the best event it could possibly be. We worked closely with the DJ, Josh Rawls, to design the right atmosphere and mood for each part of each event. He helped us pick the right music for each stage of each event. Josh is highly... Read More proactive and worked very well with all the other vendors (i.e. event space / coordinators, photographers, officiant, etc..) to ensure that wedding timelines were understood and executed. The DJ performance was amazing! Nearly 3/4 of the guest were on the dance floor at any given time! We HIGHLY recommend Josh and River City DJ for any event you might have.

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 sarah k

Josh was AMAZING and made our night the best we could have ever imagined! After we had a photo booth mess-up 2 weeks before the wedding, Josh was able to find us a photo booth who was even better than the first one would have been... lol. Everyone was up, dancing, and having a... Read More great time, they kept telling me that the DJ was fantastic and I couldn't agree more. Josh chose the bet songs and definitely brought the party! Definitely 1000% recommend!

2017-10-23T19:12:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! I'm glad I could help you find a photobooth at such short notice. It's great to work with vendor friends!

Reviewed on 10/21/2017 Ashley H

Fantastic! I have no complaints about Josh. He was fabulous.

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Katlynn M

Amazing dj had everyone up dancing all night and was very professional

2017-10-16T10:43:56 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Jesse M

THE BEST EVER! Josh was fantastic & easy to work with! Exactly what you need when planning a WEDDING!! He kept the crowd moving all night! We had so much fun! Highly recommended!

2017-10-11T16:01:32 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Katelyn T

Josh was exceptional! I had met him at a bridal show in St. Louis and he definitely caught my eye! After I booked him, he always kept in contact and was always willing to help! He definitely wants the wedding day to be perfect! His client website was great because you were able... Read More to pick out the songs you want to be played at the reception. Overall, he was wonderful to work with and I would recommend Josh to anyone looking for a dj! He made my wedding day amazing!

2017-10-11T16:02:23 Response from the vendor

Thank you Katelyn and Matt for the kind words! It was a blast at your reception!

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Lyssa A

Josh was fantastic! I was able to choose a package that worked best for us and I was able to make small payments. This was huge as we paid for our wedding out of our pocket. Josh was professional and ensured our guests had a wonderful time! Thank you [email protected]

Reviewed on 6/04/2017 Sarah F

Josh was absolutely the BEST!! He listened to everything we wanted and didn't want. He kept people on the dance floor the whole night. It was an absolute pleasure to work with him. I would book him again in a heartbeat. He is fabulous!!!

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Jed E

We loved Josh. Reasonable price too.

Josh Rawls

I have been a wedding DJ in the St. Louis area since 1994 and have been fortunate to be the DJ at hundreds of weddings. In January of 2015 I decided to start River City DJ so I could offer couples exactly what they were asking for from me. I love to really get to know a couple before their wedding day. That way I can make sure I give them a reception they will never forget!