Hill Country Elegance

Located in Fair Oaks Ranch in the beautiful Texas Hill Country just minutes from San Antonio and Boerne. Experience nature's natural ambiance and tranquility in our picturesque, country setting. We provide several indoor and outdoor settings for you ceremony and reception.

Ballroom, Farm + Ranch

30260 Saratoga Lane, Fair Oaks Ranch, TX (210) 815-8208

Reviewed on 12/28/2017 Madison G

I just got married here on December 15th and had the pleasure of working with Maggie. Maggie was phenomenal to work with and was always there to answer my questions with a smile. She has amazing customer service and truly puts her customers first. I would recommend River Rock... Read More Event Center to any couple that is wanting to find a gem of a venue. The venue itself is gorgeous and definitely has a very cosy feel to it, it doesn't feel like the typical cookie cutter venues you have nowadays. We got married under the oak tree & it was absolutely gorgeous. I highly recommend River Rock and working with Maggie.

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Kori R

This venue is amazing all the way around. From the stunning outdoor views, the beautiful rustic features, to the incredible service, we could not be any happier with the way our wedding day went! If you want a venue where you have to bring few things in, but still have a very... Read More beautiful wedding, this place is for you. They include linens, dinnerware, and even have furniture and accent pieces to choose from. The staff was a blessing! On such an important and hectic day, you need good people and River Rock Event Center certainly has them! Thank you Susie & Maggie for everything!! - Kori & Jon

Reviewed on 5/27/2017 Brenda M

River Rock Even Center is a great place to have an event! Beautiful outdoor patio with great landscaping. Interior has nice décor with a good feel. Susie was wonderful to work with. She and her staff did an amazing job serving our guests! I would definitely recommend this... Read More place for your next gathering.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Jackie N

I visited River Rock in May seeking a location for the rehearsal dinner for my son's upcoming wedding. The relaxed setting in the country atmosphere, the personal attention, the beautiful settings inside and out immediately convinced me I had found the right place! Maggie and... Read More Susie provided individual attention whenever I had questions in the months preceding the event. Making suggestions of bartending services and caterers as well as room layouts as the number of guests changed. They were there the night of the dinner making sure we had everything we needed. Our guests were thrilled and couldn't stop complimenting us on the wonderful evening they enjoyed at River Rock. Even those from the area said they were going to look for a reason to hold an event at River Rock!

Reviewed on 6/03/2016 Sharee R

This venue is beautiful and amazing! The owners were wonderful and gracious! We couldn't believe how intimate and stunning the outdoor grounds were!

Reviewed on 2/09/2016

Wonderful! From the moment we entered the banquet room and saw the gorgeous huge stone fireplace and lovely chandeliers illuminating the room we knew it was going to be a special evening! This was the perfect venue to host our Hill Country winter event. We dined, we danced,... Read More we laughed, we wanted the night to never end. It was a stellar Texas evening! Not only is the setting historic, charming, and magical, but the staff was supportive and energetic in helping to create an extra special memory for our guests. Many thanks to Susie and Maggie and all their other helping hands! I strongly recommend the River Rock Event Center if you want your party to be beautiful, unique, and a one-of-a-kind experience that your guests will remember forever.

Amazing

Reviewed on 1/29/2016

The River Rock is the perfect venue! It is absolutely lovely--a beautiful rustic setting with incredible vistas. All the features--the silos, the koi pond, the oak trees--added to a sense of being totally removed from city hubbub, so that everyone could just enjoy the scenery... Read More and sense of peacefulness. That feeling of being removed from it all starts before you even reach the building itself: there are dozens of beautiful deer around the property. Susie was a pleasure to work with, always attentive and a very calming presence. We highly recommend River Rock!

Picture perfect ambiance, my dream wedding!

Reviewed on 11/03/2015 Misti F

Everything about River Eock was perfect for my vision and dream wedding! From the big oak trees in the yard, the axis deer walking out right before the ceremony started, the silos and gorgeous outdoor patio area, the beautiful dining room to create the ambiance I had always... Read More wanted... It was perfect! Not to mention the staff! Susie and Ruby were an absolute pleasure to work with. They made everything easy for me and communication was great! I would absolutely recommend choosing River Rock for your wedding or event!

October Wedding

Reviewed on 11/23/2014 Amanda N

River Rock Event Center is the perfect place for a wedding. The venue itself is gorgeous - there's a rustic elegance that's hard to find elsewhere. All our guests were so impressed with the beauty of the venue. Also, the staff at River Rock were so friendly and accommodating.... Read More Susie and Maggie were so involved with making sure the wedding turned out exactly how we imagined it. I highly recommend this venue!

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 12/18/2013 Amanda W

This venue is absolutely stunning.. Their website truly doesnt do them justice but the moment I walked in I was blown away at the overall atmosphere of the whole place. Even with no decorations I still thought it was amazing and I knew I wanted to book it. The owner/manager... Read More is a very sweet woman. Sometimes she is a little more opinionated that I would like but she means well. I do wish they were a little more organized in the way they present the break down of the contracts because there was definitely some unwanted confusion right before the wedding. To avoid that I would just be sure to be prepared with any questions you have and get a specific break down of every cost (as I would assume most contracts for venues are) prior to signing any contract or writing a check. I hope that they become more organized in the way they present everything and have a more organized package to present in the future because this venue is amazing. Even with that last minute stressfulness I will say I dont regret it one bit. The beauty of the venue makes up for it a million times. All of the staff for the most part is one family and friends and on the day of and the rehearsal (yes we loved it so much we had everything there) they worked very hard to ensure everything went smoothly and it turned out great! One major plus is that they let us come in (pending no other events that week) and set up days before the wedding which for the bride who is pulling off a wedding only with the help of family and friends and no planner or coordinator that is heaven sent! Great venue I say check it out if you are looking for "Rustic Elegance" that is truly in touch with nature!

Wonderful Venue

Reviewed on 10/19/2013 Sarah K

Absolutely everyone who attended the wedding couldn't get over how lovely the venue was. I was going to do an outdoor ceremony, however we had rain all week. We were able to easily relocate inside :)

DO NOT BOOK THIS VENUE; YOU WILL REGRET IT

Reviewed on 10/31/2011 Brittany F

DO NOT BOOK THIS VENUE! They are completely dishonest. When I signed with them, I was told they could do my X amount of guest for X amount of dollars, but they would not put it in writing because "they don't do things that they. They do it customized based on your budget." That... Read More is bull. Do not believe it from Dixie Howell, she is a sales person and only interested in your money. When I contacted the owner, I was telling her my predicament about being charged 35% more than originally quoted (yes, you read that correctly, 35% more), so which she replied, "WELL, I'M NOT GOING TO JUST SIT HERE AND TALK ABOUT DIXIE BEHIND HER BACK." Great customer service. To top it off, when we had to find another venue, because we simply could not afford what they were charging, they refused to give us our $1000.00 deposit back, saying "we signed the contract." DO NOT GIVE THESE PEOPLE YOUR MONEY. YOU WILL REGRET IT.

2015-03-27T19:37:56 Response from the vendor

New Management took Over in 2012. Dixie is no longer employed by River Rock.

Beautiful Venue!

Reviewed on 11/16/2010 Jenna K

I absolutely love the atmosphere at the River Rock Event Center! We worked with Dixie Howell and she was an absolutely wonderful coordinator! We were able to customize what we wanted to eat, the look, the location of the ceremony, etc! They were great with communication and I... Read More never felt as though anything else was more important than what we wanted for our guests! Definitely made us feel as though we were more important than our business! Everything was customized for us and what we wanted.

Review for River Rock Event Center

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Carly A

Open air, casual but elegant, natural beauty, doesnt need a whole lot of decoration;coordinator is not very hands-on and a little unorganized. She was not even present for the reception (only the caterering staff was there).

Janis, Maggie & Susie

We are a family owned and operated venue in an historic building that has been completely renovated to host some of the most elegant events in the hill country.