Riverwalk Golf Club

San Diego, CA

Book Your Wedding with Riverwalk Golf Club

A BALLROOM IN SAN DIEGO, CA

Riverwalk Golf Club is located right in the heart of San Diego, California's Mission Valley. It's home to a 27-hole golf course with lush green grass and scenic views. Many couples take advantage of the beauty of this club and book it for their wedding festivities. It offers memorable settings for both indoor and outdoor wedding ceremonies and receptions.

The outdoor veranda provides a picturesque place to hold a rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony or reception. The space features an archway that can be decorated to match the theme of a wedding and a choice of mahogany or white wedding chairs. The veranda can accommodate up to 300 guests and overlooks the rolling hills and green fairways of the golf course, as well as the distressed wood bridge that's suspended across the San Diego River.

The banquet room in the clubhouse features panoramic views of the golf course through its floor-to-ceiling glass doors. These doors lead to a spacious outdoor terrace that provides even more space for friends and family to gather and enjoy the scenery. This space provides room for up to 240 seated guests or 300 for a cocktail reception.

Wedding packages at the Riverwalk Golf club include the following:

• Customizable napkins, table linens and flatware
  • 100 ceremony chairs
  • Ceremony arch
  • Wedding rehearsal
  • Access to charming photo spots

An on-site event manager is provided and works with couples to plan all the important details of their wedding ceremony and reception. The couple can choose from one of the wedding packages or menus offered or can customize a package.

The Basic Reception Package includes the following:

• Complimentary parking
  • Drink station
  • On-site facilitator
  • The Silver Rings upgrade package adds the following to the basic package:

• Imported and domestic cheese and cracker display
    • Assorted olives
    • Seasonal berries
    • Cider and champagne toast
    • Dance floor

The Gold Rings upgrade package adds one hour of hosted house wine and beer to the Silver Rings package.

The Platinum Bands upgrade package adds the following to the Gold Rings package:

• Hors d'oeuvres
    • Additional drinks
    • Chocolate-dipped strawberries during cake service

Catered meals include the following:

• Butlered hors d'oeuvres
    • Food displays
    • Snacks
    • Signature themed buffets
    • Children's menu options

Hosted bar packages can be purchased by the hour and can include any of the following:

• House wine
    • Beer
    • Well drinks
    • Call drinks
    • Champagne

Extra rental items offered are:

• LCD projector and screen
    • Dance floor
    • Additional chairs
    • Patio heat lamps

Indoor & Outdoor Event Space with Beautiful Views

Our Ceremonies are held on our spacious veranda or tee box that overlooks our breathtaking golf course, the rock-lined San Diego River and our beautiful distressed bridge. We provide a white arch that can be decorated to your liking, ceremony chairs and a one hour ceremony rehearsal the day prior with our Banquet Event Manager. After your ceremony guests will enjoy cocktail hour in the bar area and patio space. We offer a wide selection of hors d’oeuvres and several bar packages to choose from which includes our outstanding variety of local craft beer. For the reception space, we provide all of the tables, linens, glassware, flatware, patio market lighting, dance floor, complimentary cake cutting and guest parking. All executed with our excellent and experienced staff.

Ballroom, Waterfront, Country Club

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

1150 Fashion Valley Rd, San Diego, CA (619) 296-1991

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Melissa P

Riverwalk is absolutely beautiful and the staff is amazing. Madison is a sweetheart, she was always there to answer my questions and make sure that the planning went smoothly. Alexis was awesome the day of the wedding. She made sure that everything ran on schedule. The food was... Read More delicious and a lot of my guest were beyond happy with the great service that was provided by the staff. I'm so glad that my husband and I decided to have our reception here. If I could do it all over I would still pick Riverwalk.

Reviewed on 9/07/2015 Danielle B

Wow. The staff. The location. The convenience. All amazing. The Event Coordinators and staff were so wonderful. Tina & Charlie were so hands on throughout all of the planning. The day of the wedding, Tina assured my mom (Mother of the Bride) that everything would be taken care... Read More of so she did not have to return to the venue before the ceremony to set things up. We didn't have to do a thing. It was like Tina and her staff knew what we were thinking of how we wanted the room to look! Alexis was there the day of to make sure the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception went smoothly. She was AWESOME!!!! She calmed my nerves, monitored every single detail and made sure everything went smoothly. Truly ONE IN A MILLION 5+ star customer service and all around amazing people. The venue was so beautiful and better than I imagined. You don't even know you're in the middle of Mission Valley! We loved RiverWalk Golf Club and will definitely go back to see the staff and maybe play some golf!

Reviewed on 5/17/2017 Hailey H

Riverwalk is absolutely incredible in every way! The staff. The food. The price. The location. The VIEWS! Wow, our wedding was beyond perfect and we are so happy we chose to get married there! Working with Madison was enjoyable, she's very knowledgeable and was attentive to all... Read More of our questions and needs. Madison made our wedding planning easy and so much fun! Alexis was the perfect day of coordinator.! She kept us on schedule, hydrated and happy. Our bridal party was also impressed with Alexis. The plated dinner was fantastic, the signature drinks were delicious and the inside/outside dance floor was the perfect touch to get everyone dancing all night! Our guests said they had no idea such a beautiful venue was located there, they were blown away! Riverwalk is definitely the hidden gem venue of San Diego. Thank you Riverwalk!

Reviewed on 4/16/2017 Samantha D

Madison and Alexis were amazing!!!!!!! Best staff and amazing venue, definitely made our day a memorable one

Wedding Reception

Reviewed on 5/29/2013 Cara C

One of the best decisions we made early on in the wedding planning process was to have our wedding reception at Riverwalk Golf Club. Anne, the Private Events Sales Manager, was extremely pleasant to work with. She was professional, helpful, and personable. Lauren, the Director... Read More of Food and Beverage, helped us plan the final details and logistics of the reception. She was also professional and fabulous to work with. Not only is the venue absolutely gorgeous, the food was excellent, the service was top notch. and the pricing is very reasonable. Riverwalk also hosted several open-houses that showcased their preferred vendors, which we ended up working with also (and would highly recommend). Thank you for everything, Riverwalk team!

We had the most beautiful wedding at Riverwalk!!

Reviewed on 5/05/2013 Sandra G

I can't say enough about the Riverwalk, our wedding on 07/28/2012 was beyond amazing and everything was just perfect! Anne was very wonderful and pleasant to work with throughout the whole process and was very accommodating with all of our requests. Lauren, who was our day-of... Read More coordinator and was also there for our tasting, did the most amazing job on our wedding day making sure everything went smoothly. The venue itself is beautiful, we had our ceremony on the outdoor patio and the views are just gorgeous. We also had our cocktail hour and reception there. One of my favorite features of the Riverwalk is that one entire wall is made of windows that completely open up to the outside patio so your reception can be both indoor and outdoor if you choose. We had a plated dinner and the food was fantastic - it was dual-plated chicken and salmon and the Riverwalk has some of the best pricing in San Diego. We used most of their preferred vendors (which is not required) with the exception of our photographer and DJ (whom we had already booked) and they were all amazing, affordable, and did a phenomenal job. Our guests told us it was the best wedding they had ever been to! If you are looking for a beautiful venue with great service and food that won't cost you an arm and a leg, I highly recommend the Riverwalk!!

Beautiful

Reviewed on 5/03/2013 E P

Riverwalk employees are wonderful! They are easy to contact and prompt with responses. They are sweet and want to make your day perfect. Such a beautiful venue, wonderful wedding photos.

BEAUTIFUL VIEW

Reviewed on 12/06/2012 maria t

When I was looking for venues,my sister had sent me the link to Riverwalk Golf Club and I knew this was the one. I was able to make an appt to come in with my husband shortly after I contacted the venue. Anne was amazing, very helpful and always got back to my emails right... Read More away. Lauren was sweet and was very hands on with the rehearsal as well the day of. The venue overlooks the lush green course, but it felt so intimate. The food was good, the staff was friendly and they worked with our budget, which every couple needs.

AWESOME!

Reviewed on 11/01/2012 Jenna W

I found riverwalk on the knot and I called and set up an appointment. I immediately fell in love with the beautiful surrounding and how cute the place was. This place is really the whole package great place for photos, the Staff is amazing and so helpful from Anne, Loren, and... Read More Alexis they made sure our wedding day went smooth. The food was excellent and everyone said that our wedding was the best wedding they have ever been to! That is all thanks to the amazing service that the riverwalk and its entire staff display’s. Not only is the staff and the food amazing, put the price is right! Thank you riverwalk for making our day so memorable!

Intimate setting, great central location

Reviewed on 10/28/2012 Chantal W

When I started looking at venues I found that many locations in San Diego had rediculously high minimums. I wanted to find something that was intimate and in a nice location as well as convenient as many of my guests were traveling. The Riverwalk staff was very helpful in... Read More planning and worked with me to make their packages adjust to my needs. My only area where I could have seen improvement would be on the day of, many requests that I made were not followed through with, too much wine opened, bar tab used incorrectly, didn't save my top tier of my cake, little things like that. But, overall these were small glitches and did not ruin my day! I would definitely recommend this venue!

A Perfect Day!

Reviewed on 10/19/2012 Yvonne N

I was married on April 21st of this year and we decided to have our reception at Riverwalk Golf Course in Mission Valley, San Diego. We were so pleased with the service we received from everyone who worked there. They were very accommodating and helpful with every step of the... Read More way. They were great in working with out budget and I have to say it was worth every penny. Our friends and family still talk to this day about how great the food was. Some have commented that it was the best "wedding" food they ever have had. Everyone also comments that they have never had such great tasting meatballs and pasta. I have to agree 100%. The staff was again great (I cannot say that enough), there was enough parking for everyone and we didn't have to worry about random people walking through our party. Thank you Riverwalk you made our day very special!

Great Venue, Great staff

Reviewed on 9/20/2012 JESSICA C

We just had our wedding on September 2nd, 2012. it was an absolutely beautiful day, and the venue was perfect. All the guests noted how we had no worries, especially my dad, making final payments to vendors etc. Lauren and Anne are fantastic and were great from the very... Read More beginning to that very day! They always made us feel welcome and at ease. Very easy 'wedding planning'! I am so glad we found this venue as it seems many people dont know about it. All guests loved the scenery, and the ceremony was beautiful. Thank You Riverwalk for making our special day so beautiful, and stress free! Friends and family are still talking abou t this day!

Riverwalk Golf Club

Reviewed on 9/13/2012 Amanda S

Everything was PERFECT. The staff is so amazing, went above and beyond to work with me. My husband and I are both military and spent most of our engagement away from the area (and each other). They were able and willing to help me plan from 3,000 miles away, and walked me... Read More through nearly every detail. They helped me with my bustle after photos, and even offered to stand in when a bridesmaid was late. When my final head count was less than expected, they helped by reapplying the money we spent on dinner plates to upgrades and even to the bar. On top of it all, they have a great list of vendors they recommend. Oh, and the prices are great, too! ($5,000 or less based on 50 guests, and upgrades. We also did ceremony and reception here)

Great venue for the price

Reviewed on 7/16/2012 Natasha Z

I had my wedding reception at the Riverwalk Golf Club. They worked with me and my budget. The location is awesome for wedding photos. All in all everything went well. The food was good and everyone enjoyed the view of the golf course.

Hope & Kahseems Wedding 5/12/2012

Reviewed on 6/02/2012 Hope H

The best romantic, beautiful place to get married at ever. I was truly blessed to stumble upon them on The Knot. The staff here are so amazing. They made sure my wedding came out the best ever. They stuck around until then end and made sure they took care of all our needs. I... Read More would recommend this place to everyone.

Beautiful views

Reviewed on 11/28/2011 Veronica B

Everybody loved the venue! Dining room that holds about 96 people and a dance floor. Bar is very close and large glass doors open up to a patio overlooking a river and Mission Valley. Guests loved the view! Carpet has a long stain from wall to wall however I don't think... Read More anybody even noticed or cared. This place was pretty cheap compared to most, parking is free and no charge for cake cutting or anything else that other places like to rob you for. Bartender and other staff were very nice and helpful. Unfortunately, my chicken was raw and I wonder how many others had the same. Bar was confused and started charging my guests when I said I would pay the bar tab (we noticed after 30-60 mins had passed and cleared it up however still peeved that my guests had to pay). Overall, I would do it again here

Beautiful Reception Venue

Reviewed on 9/29/2011 Suzanne M

We chose Riverwalk for our reception venue because of it's beautiful scenery and it's centralized location. It was near our ceremony site, and there were plenty of hotels in the area for our guests to choose from, plus it offered us the option to have our reception both indoors... Read More and outdoors. The back wall of the banquet area is made up of glass sliding doors, which we had completely opened due to the beautiful weather and the guest count. The indoor dining space did not accommodate my 200 guests, so the outdoor patio was set up with additional tables. Guests could easily see what was happening indoors and the open doors gave a much needed breeze to the crowd as they danced the night away! Riverwalk offers their own onsite catering, and there were plenty of options for us to choose from for our dinner. We went with a sit down/plated meal as opposed to a buffet. (It actually worked out perfectly because if we had gone with buffet, we would have been short 3 tables that we needed for all of our guests!) The food was delicious and the service was decent, despite the fact that they only had 3 servers when they told us there would be 5! But the banquet captain and food & beverage manager were both helping out, which was really nice to see! Riverwalk is a public golf course, so it offers plenty of picturesque locations for photos. When we arrived, there were golf carts waiting to take us and our photographer out to the greens to take pictures. Because the golf course was still open at the time of our event, they couldn't accommodate our entire bridal party on the greens, but there is an awesome covered bridge near the clubhouse where we took our group photos. My husband and I were taken to a beautiful area on the course where there are rocks, trees and a waterfall! Some of our best pictures happened at that spot! The staff was very friendly and we were taken care of from the moment we booked the venue until the time we left the reception. The only hiccup we encountered was when we went in to pay our final payment 10 days before the wedding, and we were told that the catering manager we had been working with, "no longer works here". They offered no explanation (though we were very curious!), but assured us that everything was under control. The person who gave us this news was actually the head of Food & Beverage/Catering, and she told us that she would not only be overseeing our event but would also be onsite throughout the evening of our event. As promised, everything turned out perfect! A big thank you to Riverwalk for delivering a reception to remember!

August 13, 2011

Reviewed on 8/30/2011 TyLisa S

Nice place for a wedding under 100 people.

Last Minute Rehearsal Dinner

Reviewed on 8/30/2011 Neil W

About a week and a half before the wedding, our mother said she would give us some money to have a formal rehearsal dinner as a gift. In about three days, Riverwalk had worked out everything, keeping us on budget with a menu perfectly suited for our ideal dinner. They set... Read More everything nicely and made all the accommodations we asked for. It was a great experience and we were very pleased.

Beautiful Reception Venue

Reviewed on 7/02/2011 Caitlin W

I love Riverwalk. Alexis, the banquet captain, made it an amazing night. She helped us plan the set-up, hosted our tasting, and acted almost as a wedding planner (for the venue only). I cannot recommend her and Riverwalk highly enough. Beautiful beautiful place. Excellent... Read More banquet staff.

Wonderful!!!!

Reviewed on 4/06/2011 Mika M

Not only was this place beautiful at night, the staff was beyond helpful. The food was wedding food...but the day of the wedding was actually better than the taste test day. I definitely recommend this venue.

3 out of 5

Reviewed on 4/02/2011 Cat N

My wedding was on Feb 26th and of course it kinda rained, so the ceremony took place inside.. The fact that it rained, all the streets were flooded, everyone was late, and the smell was really bad outside. Alex the wedding coordinator and staff were great but lets just ID the... Read More people before you poor them a drink for the champagne toast! The girl I dealt with quit and the replacement had no clue what was going on, that was the worst part ever since I had given them my deposit 6 months earlier. Overall I would just deal with Alex from the beginning.

San Diego's Hidden Gem

Reviewed on 12/13/2010 Kellie N

Having my reception at Riverwalk Golf Club was one of the best decisions my husband and I made. It was an absolutely beautiful venue and the staff on the day of our wedding were wonderful. I was very pleased with the way the venue was set up, and every guest at our wedding... Read More commented about how wonderful the food was. Not only was their food amazing, but their prices were extremely reasonable. They also allow you and the groom to go onto the golf course and take your wedding portraits with the gorgeous golf course scenery. Riverwalk is also nice because weddings take over the entire country club building so everyone there is your guest. You won't have to worry about unwanted guests or intruders. One piece of advice, however, if you choose Riverwalk, your guest list should be no more than 170 people. One hundred and seventy people sat comfortably at our wedding, but anymore than that, you might be too crammed. If you're a bride trying to stay on budget while having a decent sized guest list, Riverwalk is the place to go!

Excellent Venue

Reviewed on 8/11/2010 Connie G

The facility was wonderful for a springtime afternoon wedding with near-perfect weather. The food and service was excellent, despite the 150 persons in attendance. The sales representative was extremely accommodating and easy to work with. I would highly recommend this venue.