Rob Alberti's DJ, Lighting & Photo Booth

CT, MA, RI and parts of VT NH ME NY NJ

Country, Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Bollywood, Indian, Latin, Polka

After Party, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Audio/Visual Equipment, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

Hartford, CT
CT, MA, RI and parts of VT NH ME NY NJ

Reviewed on 8/19/2015 Allison S

YES!!!! Rob Alberti was a great choice for us from the beginning. We used him and his team for our DJ, uplighting, and photobooth. From the beginning, Rob emails you back quickly and is willing to work with you on exactly what you envision for your perfect day. He has an... Read More online database of music where you can come up with your music selections. I had so much fun working on that leading up to the wedding. We had a big wedding party (10 bridesmaids, 10 groomsmen), each with their own entrance song and Rob nailed it perfectly! Each pair got to enter and have a “spotlight” moment. We even had custom songs for our bride/groom and mother/son dance and he was great playing those. Our uplighting was beautiful at the wedding! The photobooth was a huge hit! The props were great and the guest book is amazing! Our family and friends all got to write fun notes to us next to their picture. On top of all of the ease of planning with Rob and the day of events, he is kind enough to mail you a USB with recordings of your ceremony and toasts after the big day. My husband and I loved listening and reliving the special moments. I highly recommend Rob Alberti!!!!

Reviewed on 6/08/2016 Hannah R

Working with Rob was one of the best decisions we made in our wedding planning process! We read tons of reviews prior to booking his services, and every single review held true- he is the best! Rob was incredibly helpful and always very quick to respond to any questions we had.... Read More On our wedding day, he really knew how to get the crowd going and kept everyone dancing all night long. All our guests raved about how awesome the dance floor was, and we have Rob to thank for that! I highly recommend Rob if you're looking for a DJ who knows how to run an awesome party!

2016-06-09T06:59:48 Response from the vendor

Hannah & Michael were just such a fun couple to work with. Such a great party! https://www.robalberti.com/blog/hannah-michaels-wedding-mount-lenox-ma/

Amazing time great DJ

Reviewed on 10/16/2012 lin c

Not only does he have a great personality, he has a ton of experience and knew how to keep our guests dancing. The night flowed great. We opted also for the amber up lighting which was a great touch in the barn and also went for the photo booth which no surprise was a big hit.... Read More HUGE hit. We are still looking at our photo album--- they give you copies of the photos that were taken all night. Everything was amazing. We are so happy we chose Rob. His assistants were also really nice and made the photo booth fun for all of the guests. :) finding this DJ was a total score on our part!!! Great guy. Organized and responsible. We were dancing all night and even decided to extend it for another hour which he obliged. :)

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Keyo Ann G

Just had our wedding October 14th 2016. We had Rob it was amazing!! I had a small wedding of 100 people. He did our lighting, photobooth, reception ceremony everything. The music from the ceremony to cocktail hour he really got our vision. The lighting for our ceremony and... Read More Reception was just amazing and beautiful!! The reception wowed from the announcements on people danced unless they were eating or in the photobooth. I had 100 guests and have a amazing scrap book of 417 photos. People loved our photobooth. If you want a wedding stress free and people dancing and partying all night look no further. Hes not a dj he is more like a master of ceremony and reception!! I could not have asked for more!! People still are talking about the music and photobooth everywere I go!!! loved working with Rob hes awesome and listens to everything you want and the photobooth attendents were so much fun!! love love love. Seemless music flowing from people entering into our ceremony till the final dance to the exit!! Would not look any were else!! Amazing!!! Beautiful!!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Kelly G

I just got married 10/15/16 and it was absolutely amazing!! I have DJ Tony for the reception and acoustic Dave for my cocktail hour. They were both on top of their game. DJ Tony had all of our wedding guests dancing the whole night! Even my grandfather was dancing lol He picked... Read More the right music at the right time and could tell when to change a song at the right time. When I was running around he would get my attention and let me know it was time for Cake cutting, bouquet toss, toasts etc... he was basically like a wedding planner. He really was so great! And I am so happy we ended up booking him. I would absolutely recommend DJ Tony for any Wedding!! Thank you so much for a great, up beat, fun, amazing wedding!!!!

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Dexter M

A lot of people don't realize it, but your DJ is one of the most important vendors. They act as your MC, and you trust them to provide the soundtrack to the most important day of your life. We were so fortunate to have gone through Rob Alberti's DJ service. The DJ assigned to... Read More our wedding was Jim Aldrige and he was amazing. He contacted us several months in advance to just do an initial meeting with us via skype so we could put a face to the name. Because it was a same-sex wedding, and due to our very unique family arrangement, our service was a bit more complicated and very "non-traditional." Jim helped us work through those very complex arrangements, was extremely gracious with his time and made sure everyone felt ownership over the event in appropriate levels. He actually helped us set up the order of ceremony and pointed out things that we hadn't even thought of in our planning process. As a young couple, we love a lot of more modern music but we didn't want any of our guests to feel left out: Jim had the perfect solution. If you've never heard of the Vitamin String Quartet, make sure to ask your DJ! They play popular music in a traditional sound. So young people get to hear songs they hear on the radio, and older relatives get the ambiance of a live orchestra and don't know the difference. All of our friends immediately recognized Daft Punk's "Get Lucky" even though it sounded like a piece written by a classic composer. My aunt said she was thrilled we "went with tradition" - she'll never know :) Since our ceremony was outdoors, we were provided with wireless microphones on both my husband and I's tuxedo's so everyone could hear us on the outdoor sound system Jim brought with him. It was CRYSTAL CLEAR. No audio pops or hissing or anything like that. We did have one hiccup during our first dance, but even that was so minor. Our friend was was our officiant is also a recording artist and he performed a live version of a song he wrote for us as the first dance song. Unfortunately the CD he provided the DJ for background music started to glitch, but Jim realized how beautiful his voice was and quickly just cut the music completely and it turned into an amazing acapella performance. He even started the slow clap to keep the beat! Once the reception got going, Jim acted as MC and he did a great job. The event went by with great pacing and there were no dull moments or prolonged silences. We also contracted with Rob Alberti for a photo booth - 1000000% glad we did this, as it was the highlight of the night. They brought three chests full of amazing props. Each person in the photo got a personal copy of the photo strip., we got a copy for our memory book (which ended up becoming a second guest book), and we got an electronic copy on a flash drive. There was a dedicated staff member at the photo booth all night to ensure everything worked the way it was supposed to. We even got a copy of the audio from the key moments of the wedding reception (First dance, cake cutting, toasts etc) that we will cherish forever. The music was exactly what we wanted and we had a great time.

Reviewed on 8/21/2016 Caitlyn P

In all honesty, Rob was the best wedding DJ I've ever seen or had. From the wedding ceremony (which was outside in a park), to the intros at the reception, to nailing the music at the reception it was non-stop dancing. He played a perfect mix of hip-hop, country, classic rock... Read More and little bit of everything else we had discussed with him prior. It was so good, we actually had people dancing even before we finished the "ceremonial" parts of the reception (our friends are 20-30s). He worked quickly on the fly, helping us have a hilarious dance off, playing a fitting song after a requested song got thrown in, etc. While Rob is affordable overall, we also know he is on the higher end of the spectrum. With that said, a DJ is not the place to skimp out on. He made our wedding a huge hit and if you can have people dancing from 8:30-11:30 non-stop, it's a no brainer! P.S. His equipment all works perfectly, including his wireless mics and speakers, which seems small but if you've been to weddings where they crackle and hiss or come in and out, you'll know important it is, especially outdoors.

Reviewed on 7/12/2016 Erin D

Rob was fantastic!!!! He is exactly what you want in a DJ; professional, knowledgeable about the event timing/introductions/ ect., extremely responsive via email and phone, and really takes the time to understand the type of songs and atmosphere you want at your event. He ran... Read More our reception from start to finish absolutely seamlessly. He did an amazing job and I cannot recommend him enough!!! Book him well in advance because he's calendar fills up quickly! Thank you, Rob!!

2016-07-12T18:33:17 Response from the vendor

Erin & John were wonderful to work with. See more on our blog from their wedding: https://www.robalberti.com/blog/erin-john-lace-factory-deep-river-ct-wedding-dj/

Reviewed on 6/09/2016 Corynn S

We hired Rob for our wedding, and as soon as we met with him for the first time, we knew that we were in good hands. We were nervous about coordinating all of the details (Do the toasts happen before the first dance? Will there be a microphone for our officiant? Will the space... Read More be lit properly?), but Rob had everything covered. He also kept things moving along throughout the evening, and kept the main events on schedule as much as possible. We gave him a list of some songs that we wanted to hear, and he took care of everything else. Throughout the reception, guest after guest approached us to tell us how amazing our DJ was. He handled on-the-spot song requests, and was able to gauge the crowd to keep people happy and dancing all night long. He even sent us a USB drive in the mail a week later, with recordings of the ceremony, toasts, and special songs! Over the course of the months leading up to our wedding, Rob was incredibly responsive to emails. He met with us a couple of times before the big day, and made sure that every detail was in place ahead of time. When our wedding happened, we didn't have to worry about a thing. I would recommend Rob to anyone planning a wedding or any kind of event; he has a lot of experience, and is professional and flexible. (He's also a really nice guy!)

Reviewed on 5/07/2016 Mike

Outstanding! DJ Rob provided the music for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and the reception at our wedding in West Hartford on April 23rd. From our first face-to-face meeting with Rob, to the big day itself, he was prompt, courteous, and attentive. DJ Rob took the time to... Read More understand exactly the type of experience my wife and I wanted at our wedding, and then he delivered above and beyond our expectations. Our family and friends danced to our hearts' content, and my wife Molly and I had an absolute blast! Our sincere thanks to DJ Rob Alberti for helping to create an unforgettable wedding day!

Reviewed on 5/01/2016 Sabrina D

We had Rob for our DJ at our August 8th, 2015 wedding. He did a fantastic job with the music and lighting. He had people dancing pre and post dinner. Very personable and easy to work with. Our guests still talk about how great the music was, which is all we could as for!

2016-05-02T06:13:22 Response from the vendor

Sabrina & Steve were a wonderful couple to work with. The Pond House is one of our favorite unknown gems to have a wedding at. It was a FUN wedding - yes, people were up dancing before the meal was even served.

Thank you DJ Jim!

Reviewed on 1/05/2016 Lauren B

I had DJ Jim Aldridge from Rob Alberti's Event Services as a DJ for my reception. We initially had been assigned a different dj, but due to some health issues, we were given Jim. That made me a bit apprehensive, but after our first conversation by phone I had absolutely no... Read More anxiety. Jim was friendly, knowledgeable and super responsive. He help us set up a preliminary reception time line and pick appropriate music and gave many countless suggestions. We were really, really late in giving him the list of songs we wanted played and he still was able to get us everything. He took requests, guests were happy and dancing and it all went off perfectly. Also wanted to add that we never met in person until the actual wedding! He was quick to respond to emails and calls and was early to the reception. Thanks Jim for being a wonderful part of our day.

Reviewed on 12/05/2015 Nicole B

We worked with Rob for our uplighting and photobooth for our wedding this past October. He was extremely helpful and organized throughout the planning process. His design for our name in lights was amazing, the uplight colors were perfect and we loved our photobook. He also... Read More gave us a flash drive of the images. Many of our guests are still raving at how much fun they had with photobooth! Highly reccommend Rob to anyone!!!

Reviewed on 11/14/2015 Grace W

We used Rob's DJ services. Sadly, to keep costs more manageable, we were unable to order any uplighting from him or the photo booth. He did a great job as the DJ: announcing the events, playing music, and getting people to dance. I highly recommend him.

Great Experience!!!

Reviewed on 11/08/2015 Greg J

We used Rob Alberti's DJ & photo booth services for our wedding. We couldn't have been more pleased to how everything came out. From the start, Rob was very easy to work with and responded to inquires and questions quickly. We had DJ Jesse, and he was also a pleasure to work... Read More with. He did a great job of keeping our guests entertained and took our many requests for songs. We also had a photo booth, which was a huge success. Everyone loved all of the props with many to choose from! Overall, I HIGHLY recommend both Rob Alberti and DJ Jesse for any type of entertainment event. You will not be disappointed!!!

Great DJ!

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Colleen J

Rob was excellent. He was super responsive and helpful leading up to the wedding. He even sent reminders to complete missing information, but was flexible with last minute changes (even during the event). Rob completely honored our play and do not play lists. One of our... Read More speeches referenced Disney, and following the speech, he chose a Disney song leading into dinner. He also did a great job reading the crowd once people started dancing. Less than a week after the wedding, we received a very kind thank you note and a zip drive with the audio of our speeches, entrances, and first and parents' dances. I'd highly recommend Rob for brides in the area. He was relatively affordable, high quality, professional, and a lot of fun!

Kbride

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Kara N

Rob Alberti was absolutely wonderful to work with and made our dream wedding come to life. I would recommend Rob for any event!

Excellent service

Reviewed on 9/12/2015 Niki K

Rob's lighting work was excellent on both nights we used the services. Rob also acted as an advocate for us when the venue made some last-minute changes to the permit requirements. We are grateful and recommend Rob Alberti's services!

Reviewed on 7/23/2015 E

Loooved Rob!!! He made our wedding day a little extra special!!! We had our wedding at Mechanics hall so the hall was already extravagant but Rob brought the lights & made it glamorous! Thank you Rob!!!!

Reviewed on 6/16/2015 Meghan G

Rob did the DJ Services at our wedding a couple weeks ago, and it was an excellent job. Him and his crew kept the reception going smoothly through the entire night and nailed our must hear list. I strongly recommend to anyone to get the photo booth as well. It was a huge hit... Read More with all of our guests and us. Thank you Rob very much and I would recommend you guys to anyone planning a party.

Best Time Ever!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2014 Lisa G

DJ Tony Simmons was absolutely fantastic! Many positive comments from wedding guests expressing how well he was able to read the guests and play music that kept them on the dance floor. The photobooth was so much fun, too!!

Amazing DJ!

Reviewed on 10/13/2014 Deanna N

DJ Tony Simmons knows what he's doing! Tony is a true professional, has an amazing personality, and was a pleasure to work with. In meetings leading up to our event he gave us some great suggestions, many of which we incorporated into our wedding day. He even paid close... Read More attention to the little details that make a big impact, making sure he knew how to pronounce everyone's name for introductions as our reception began (and we had some exceptionally difficult names)! We had provided a play list so Tony would have an idea of our taste in music, he took that list and ran with it, perfectly mixing music the entire night. Everything was perfect and he will definitely be getting additional business compliments of the job he did at our wedding! If Tony is any indication of the DJs provided by Rob Alberti's Event Services, I highly recommend using them for your event!

Best dj

Reviewed on 10/11/2014 cindy m

Our dj was AWESOME! Great music, he kept everyone dancing! Slight miss understanding with the color of the uplighting but he fixed it immediately! Well worth it!

Great!

Reviewed on 9/25/2014 Katie D

I got married 8/23/14 and the first contract I signed was with Rob Alberti Event Services, they are so professional. They made that process very easy, they had good ideas, every song you can think of and the photobooth is the best investment! Our guests had such a blast! During... Read More the night, we didn't have 1 moment where the dance floor was empty. I really recommend and advise all brides to spend the money for quality, they are the best!

Amazing Lighting

Reviewed on 9/21/2014 Lindsey A

I had the pleasure of working with Rob and his team for my wedding this past Labor Day weekend. I had them do the lighting for my wedding, chandeliers over the dance floor and fairy lights around the venue. It looked absolutely amazing and truly transformed the venue into... Read More something spectacular. Rob was an absolute pleasure to work with. He was super professional, organized and always got back to me quickly. I loved working with him and his company! Highly recommend them!!

Rob Alberti

Rob Alberti is owner of Rob Alberti's Event Services - Wedding Disc Jockey, MC & Wedding Event Director + Wedding Event Lighting design rated by local brides + voted as "The Knot - Best of Weddings" + his work has been featured in Martha Stewart Wedding, CT Bride, VT Vows, + on numerous national wedding blogs such as Style Me Pretty, Wedding Chicks.

Start a Conversation!