Rob Alberti's DJ, Lighting & Photo Booth

CT, MA, RI and parts of VT NH ME NY NJ

DJ, Lighting & Photo Booth Rentals, Live Musicians

Your guests will be amazed, You will not stop smiling all day. Your guests will be entertained & will be involved in your celebration. Your dance floor will be packed - happy guests with tired feet. We will help you create unique and memorable moments at your wedding. Do you want our help? Call Rob

Country, Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Bollywood, Indian, Latin, Polka

After Party, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Audio/Visual Equipment, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

Hartford, CT CT, MA, RI and parts of VT NH ME NY NJ (860) 631-7754

Reviewed on 8/19/2015 Allison S

YES!!!! Rob Alberti was a great choice for us from the beginning. We used him and his team for our DJ, uplighting, and photobooth. From the beginning, Rob emails you back quickly and is willing to work with you on exactly what you envision for your perfect day. He has an... Read More online database of music where you can come up with your music selections. I had so much fun working on that leading up to the wedding. We had a big wedding party (10 bridesmaids, 10 groomsmen), each with their own entrance song and Rob nailed it perfectly! Each pair got to enter and have a “spotlight” moment. We even had custom songs for our bride/groom and mother/son dance and he was great playing those. Our uplighting was beautiful at the wedding! The photobooth was a huge hit! The props were great and the guest book is amazing! Our family and friends all got to write fun notes to us next to their picture. On top of all of the ease of planning with Rob and the day of events, he is kind enough to mail you a USB with recordings of your ceremony and toasts after the big day. My husband and I loved listening and reliving the special moments. I highly recommend Rob Alberti!!!!

Reviewed on 6/08/2016 Hannah R

Working with Rob was one of the best decisions we made in our wedding planning process! We read tons of reviews prior to booking his services, and every single review held true- he is the best! Rob was incredibly helpful and always very quick to respond to any questions we had.... Read More On our wedding day, he really knew how to get the crowd going and kept everyone dancing all night long. All our guests raved about how awesome the dance floor was, and we have Rob to thank for that! I highly recommend Rob if you're looking for a DJ who knows how to run an awesome party!

2016-06-09T06:59:48 Response from the vendor

Hannah & Michael were just such a fun couple to work with. Such a great party! https://www.robalberti.com/blog/hannah-michaels-wedding-mount-lenox-ma/

Amazing time great DJ

Reviewed on 10/16/2012 lin c

Not only does he have a great personality, he has a ton of experience and knew how to keep our guests dancing. The night flowed great. We opted also for the amber up lighting which was a great touch in the barn and also went for the photo booth which no surprise was a big hit.... Read More HUGE hit. We are still looking at our photo album--- they give you copies of the photos that were taken all night. Everything was amazing. We are so happy we chose Rob. His assistants were also really nice and made the photo booth fun for all of the guests. :) finding this DJ was a total score on our part!!! Great guy. Organized and responsible. We were dancing all night and even decided to extend it for another hour which he obliged. :)

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Katherine W

Robert Alberti was who we chose for our wedding and we are so glad we did! He was friendly and personable at the first meeting and dj Jesse was wonderful and was able to incorporate all the last minute details we wanted to include in the reception. Everyone commented on how... Read More awesome the music was and he really made the day perfect. Thank you for making our special day wonderful!

Reviewed on 9/30/2017 Kristen L

We had DJ Jim from Rob Alberti's. He was so easy to work with and his vast experience made the planning progress super easy. Our ceremony and reception went off without any hitches - much because of how well Jim did. I recommend this company.

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Kirsten G

We had the best time ever with rob! So easy to work with and really just handled the evening! Everybody had a great time dancing and he sent us a beautiful recording of our ceremony that I really love!

2017-09-29T06:34:20 Response from the vendor

Kirsten & Isaiah, were such a fun couple to work with. From Reggae to Roxy Music, we got to play so many styles of music for them. Thanks for letting us be a part of your wedding day. See images and their music selections on... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/12/2017 Izzy E

We had Tony Simmons DJ our wedding and he was absolutely fantastic!! We didn't meet him in person before booking him, but he did arrange a phone call where he discussed all the relevant information- what we should look for in a DJ, what his style is as a DJ, what we can expect... Read More from Rob Alberti as a company, etc. He was extremely thorough and helpful in answering all our questions, and gave great advise throughout the process. Rob Alberti was very flexible with our requests and responded quickly to any emails. I highly highly recommend them! On our wedding day, Tony could not have been more amazing! He let us pick specific songs we wanted but was also able to basically do the cocktail hour and reception music with little to no guidance from us (we just gave vague genres we wanted). His DJing was so great that people were actually dancing even before the salad was plated and the dancing didn't end until the very last song. And actually, our guests were having such a great time they begged for another last song (after our official last one) which Tony very kindly obliged them in, much to their delight! His assistant was also fantastic- asked questions when needed and helped the day go smoothly. Tony was extremely flexible before and during the day, and I really can't emphasize this enough. For example, he spent a lot of time creating a father/daughter dance mashup with several songs we picked, and then my father and I decided not to do it because our guests were having such a great time dancing already. I had even offered to pay for his additional work of making the mix but Tony declined, showing again how accommodating and kind he was. Also- at the very last second our wedding party decided to change the song playing during their introduction to the reception! Tony happily did so, but only after checking with me that it was ok, and seeing their surprise dance was a highlight of our wedding. Again- highly recommend this company and Tony in particular!!

Reviewed on 8/19/2017 Sarah D

If my wedding guests were the ones to review this DJ company, they would have given them 5 stars, I would give them 3. The guests loved DJ Jim and were dancing for a good part of the night. He kept them engaged and kept the party going. The company was also easy to work with... Read More from a long-distance (we were planning from California), and we were able to keep all conversations to email and phone conversations. DJ Jim seemed very knowledgable and experienced and helped us put together a great experience. Our only complaint is that we feel like some of our requests were not honored. We had to remind Jim to do the anniversary dance that he knew we wanted to do (I was supposed to give my bouquet to the couple who was married the longest, but by the time we reminded him about the dance, all of the older couples had left, so it was a little more pointless. We also spent a lot of time creating a playlist of must-play songs (we kept it to the minimum that he suggested), but many of them were not played, while he played some that we didn't have on our list at all, nor did we like. Jim came up to me at one point and told me that there were only 20 minutes left and to let him know if there were any songs that he hadn't played yet that we wanted played. At that point, there were a number of songs I could think of that he hadn't played yet, and 20 minutes was not enough time to play them all (I had no idea there were only 20 minutes left in the night), so I just told him to make sure he played songs from our list for the rest of the night. We were disappointed that we didn't have a lot of the songs we spent time picking did not get played. Additionally, the mike that the dj provided for the ceremony did not work when my mother in law was giving her speech. I'm not sure what happened, but they fixed it after and it worked for my mother. The last minor issue was that we spent a long time practicing our first dance and told the DJ that we had practiced our first dance, so we figured he would get that we had an entrance planned. He didn't tell us that he was planning on starting our first dance music right after our party and we entered the reception hall. We had to have him stop the music so that we could enter from where we were supposed to and be prepared to start our dance. I wish he told us that he was going to start the song without any warning, and then we would have told him that we needed to be in a certain spot. For how prepared and knowledgeable Jim seemed, we figured we wouldn't have the problems we had with forgetting a part of our reception and not playing the songs that were important to us. As I said earlier though, the guests had an amazing time and we mostly did too, these were our only complaints about the whole wedding and the issues were only related to the DJ.

2017-08-20T15:25:56 Response from the vendor

Sarah, I’m so glad your guests had an amazing time at your wedding. That was the goal. I’m sorry if you didn’t entirely share their feelings. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. Successful weddings are about communication. I have to know... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Rachel W

Rob helped deliver an incredible experience. We were able to give him the style of music we were looking for and the tone that we were hoping to go for and Rob delivered. We received many compliments on the music but really that credit goes to Rob. In addition to being very... Read More personable Rob was very flexible. There were a number of calls that we had scheduled Rob which we had to cancel for a variety of reasons and Rob never had any difficulty rescheduling us.

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Olivia F

I cannot say enough about Rob, he was incredible. My husband didn't want to get off the dance floor- and he doesn't dance, but he danced up a storm at our wedding. He just kept saying how great Rob was. He's like look at these lights, this music selection is amazing. He kept... Read More saying any requests we make he says sure no problem. Rob is eager to please, very easy going, and extremely professional. As easy going as he is, he brings the energy with his music, all the lights, he reads the crowd and what music will get them up on the dance floor and doesn't over do it with announcements. We planned to do a 10:30 glow stick send off, instead we had to do a staged send off and my photographer took care of it with him, he told me not to worry about a thing. I knew I could trust him because he truly had the entire night under control. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a professional DJ, where you don't want to worry about anything the entire night. Thank you for being so amazing Rob, we truly enjoyed our wedding!!!

2017-07-19T17:45:55 Response from the vendor

Olivia & Benjamin were so easy to work with. I think Olivia sent me about 4 or 5 last minute changes the week of the wedding and everything was just amazing. (Even though Benjamin's family don't dance as I was told the day of the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/30/2017 Natalie G

Cannot say enough wonderful things about this company! We had DJ Jim for our wedding last month, and he did such an outstanding job. From the second we met him he was so friendly and we knew we were in great hands with someone with a ton of experience. Throughout the whole... Read More planning process Jim was so helpful and answered any questions that we had. In the days leading up to the wedding I was a little worried about some last minute logistical concerns and honestly Jim eased my mind so much & took care of everything. Our wedding was SO much fun, I can't tell you how many compliments we received from guests saying that it was the most fun wedding that they've been to. Personally I was on the dance floor the ENTIRE time - the song selection was so great, songs for every age guest to enjoy. I would most definitely recommend this company to any future brides! In fact one couple who attended our wedding have now already booked them for their wedding next fall! Thank you, thank you, thank you to this DJ Jim and Rob Alberti Events for helping to make our day perfect!

Reviewed on 4/06/2017 Katie K

Rob and his team were such a joy to work with. Every time I talked to him, he was always positive, upbeat and excited to help my husband and I execute our wedding day vision! We hired Rob to hang edison bulb string lights across our reception room (at the Pavilion at Pinehills... Read More in Plymouth, MA) and to run the photo booth at our reception. Both turned out amazing! Our guests absolutely loved the photo booth with all the props and souvenir printed photo strips. And Shawn and I loved the take-home photo album of all the photo strips. It was such a special evening and we were so happy that Rob and his team were a part of that! Thank you so much!

2017-04-06T11:16:39 Response from the vendor

Katie & Shawn were so fun to work with. They even provided their own artwork for the photo booth header so it matched all their decor, signage and invitations. Congratulations!

Reviewed on 3/18/2017 Aubrey R

We had the pleasure of having Rob Alberti's apprentice DJ, Jesse, DJ our wedding in October 2015. He was fantastic! Jesse accommodated all of our requests for particular music and brought his own equipment which was extensive and provided excellent sound. Many of our guests... Read More mentioned to us how great he was. Jesse was also very professional and didn't over talk or have an ego like some other DJs we had spoken with before going with Rob Alberti's. We highly recommend Rob Alberti's for a wedding DJ!

2017-03-18T19:11:23 Response from the vendor

We love to hear from our past clients. Yes - Jesse is a great DJ. Glad you have such great memories from your wedding day. Thank you.

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Keyo Ann G

Just had our wedding October 14th 2016. We had Rob it was amazing!! I had a small wedding of 100 people. He did our lighting, photobooth, reception ceremony everything. The music from the ceremony to cocktail hour he really got our vision. The lighting for our ceremony and... Read More Reception was just amazing and beautiful!! The reception wowed from the announcements on people danced unless they were eating or in the photobooth. I had 100 guests and have a amazing scrap book of 417 photos. People loved our photobooth. If you want a wedding stress free and people dancing and partying all night look no further. Hes not a dj he is more like a master of ceremony and reception!! I could not have asked for more!! People still are talking about the music and photobooth everywere I go!!! loved working with Rob hes awesome and listens to everything you want and the photobooth attendents were so much fun!! love love love. Seemless music flowing from people entering into our ceremony till the final dance to the exit!! Would not look any were else!! Amazing!!! Beautiful!!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Kelly G

I just got married 10/15/16 and it was absolutely amazing!! I have DJ Tony for the reception and acoustic Dave for my cocktail hour. They were both on top of their game. DJ Tony had all of our wedding guests dancing the whole night! Even my grandfather was dancing lol He picked... Read More the right music at the right time and could tell when to change a song at the right time. When I was running around he would get my attention and let me know it was time for Cake cutting, bouquet toss, toasts etc... he was basically like a wedding planner. He really was so great! And I am so happy we ended up booking him. I would absolutely recommend DJ Tony for any Wedding!! Thank you so much for a great, up beat, fun, amazing wedding!!!!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Erin K

My husband and I chose Rob Alberti's DJ service after attending a friends wedding who used them. DJ Jim was our guy and he was absolutely phenomenal! We were planning an out of state wedding and Jim was able to set up several Skype video calls so we could meet and talk somewhat... Read More in person with both myself and my husband. Initially I was stressed over the prospect of choosing music and making a timeline for the night but Jim handled all of it and made it so easy. At the last minute before even actually meeting in person (several hours before our wedding) we had to make a location change due to weather. I was able to text Jim the update and he let me know it was no problem and I didn't feel like I had to spend the morning worrying about it. He kept the whole reception running smoothly and was able to keep the dance floor packed. We have continued to get rave reviews about our reception and especially our DJ. All our guests had a great time and we will recommend Rob Alberti's DJ services to anyone who needs a DJ in the area.

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Dexter M

A lot of people don't realize it, but your DJ is one of the most important vendors. They act as your MC, and you trust them to provide the soundtrack to the most important day of your life. We were so fortunate to have gone through Rob Alberti's DJ service. The DJ assigned to... Read More our wedding was Jim Aldrige and he was amazing. He contacted us several months in advance to just do an initial meeting with us via skype so we could put a face to the name. Because it was a same-sex wedding, and due to our very unique family arrangement, our service was a bit more complicated and very "non-traditional." Jim helped us work through those very complex arrangements, was extremely gracious with his time and made sure everyone felt ownership over the event in appropriate levels. He actually helped us set up the order of ceremony and pointed out things that we hadn't even thought of in our planning process. As a young couple, we love a lot of more modern music but we didn't want any of our guests to feel left out: Jim had the perfect solution. If you've never heard of the Vitamin String Quartet, make sure to ask your DJ! They play popular music in a traditional sound. So young people get to hear songs they hear on the radio, and older relatives get the ambiance of a live orchestra and don't know the difference. All of our friends immediately recognized Daft Punk's "Get Lucky" even though it sounded like a piece written by a classic composer. My aunt said she was thrilled we "went with tradition" - she'll never know :) Since our ceremony was outdoors, we were provided with wireless microphones on both my husband and I's tuxedo's so everyone could hear us on the outdoor sound system Jim brought with him. It was CRYSTAL CLEAR. No audio pops or hissing or anything like that. We did have one hiccup during our first dance, but even that was so minor. Our friend was was our officiant is also a recording artist and he performed a live version of a song he wrote for us as the first dance song. Unfortunately the CD he provided the DJ for background music started to glitch, but Jim realized how beautiful his voice was and quickly just cut the music completely and it turned into an amazing acapella performance. He even started the slow clap to keep the beat! Once the reception got going, Jim acted as MC and he did a great job. The event went by with great pacing and there were no dull moments or prolonged silences. We also contracted with Rob Alberti for a photo booth - 1000000% glad we did this, as it was the highlight of the night. They brought three chests full of amazing props. Each person in the photo got a personal copy of the photo strip., we got a copy for our memory book (which ended up becoming a second guest book), and we got an electronic copy on a flash drive. There was a dedicated staff member at the photo booth all night to ensure everything worked the way it was supposed to. We even got a copy of the audio from the key moments of the wedding reception (First dance, cake cutting, toasts etc) that we will cherish forever. The music was exactly what we wanted and we had a great time.

Reviewed on 8/21/2016 Caitlyn P

In all honesty, Rob was the best wedding DJ I've ever seen or had. From the wedding ceremony (which was outside in a park), to the intros at the reception, to nailing the music at the reception it was non-stop dancing. He played a perfect mix of hip-hop, country, classic rock... Read More and little bit of everything else we had discussed with him prior. It was so good, we actually had people dancing even before we finished the "ceremonial" parts of the reception (our friends are 20-30s). He worked quickly on the fly, helping us have a hilarious dance off, playing a fitting song after a requested song got thrown in, etc. While Rob is affordable overall, we also know he is on the higher end of the spectrum. With that said, a DJ is not the place to skimp out on. He made our wedding a huge hit and if you can have people dancing from 8:30-11:30 non-stop, it's a no brainer! P.S. His equipment all works perfectly, including his wireless mics and speakers, which seems small but if you've been to weddings where they crackle and hiss or come in and out, you'll know important it is, especially outdoors.

Reviewed on 7/12/2016 Erin D

Rob was fantastic!!!! He is exactly what you want in a DJ; professional, knowledgeable about the event timing/introductions/ ect., extremely responsive via email and phone, and really takes the time to understand the type of songs and atmosphere you want at your event. He ran... Read More our reception from start to finish absolutely seamlessly. He did an amazing job and I cannot recommend him enough!!! Book him well in advance because he's calendar fills up quickly! Thank you, Rob!!

2016-07-12T18:33:17 Response from the vendor

Erin & John were wonderful to work with. See more on our blog from their wedding: https://www.robalberti.com/blog/erin-john-lace-factory-deep-river-ct-wedding-dj/

Reviewed on 6/09/2016 Corynn S

We hired Rob for our wedding, and as soon as we met with him for the first time, we knew that we were in good hands. We were nervous about coordinating all of the details (Do the toasts happen before the first dance? Will there be a microphone for our officiant? Will the space... Read More be lit properly?), but Rob had everything covered. He also kept things moving along throughout the evening, and kept the main events on schedule as much as possible. We gave him a list of some songs that we wanted to hear, and he took care of everything else. Throughout the reception, guest after guest approached us to tell us how amazing our DJ was. He handled on-the-spot song requests, and was able to gauge the crowd to keep people happy and dancing all night long. He even sent us a USB drive in the mail a week later, with recordings of the ceremony, toasts, and special songs! Over the course of the months leading up to our wedding, Rob was incredibly responsive to emails. He met with us a couple of times before the big day, and made sure that every detail was in place ahead of time. When our wedding happened, we didn't have to worry about a thing. I would recommend Rob to anyone planning a wedding or any kind of event; he has a lot of experience, and is professional and flexible. (He's also a really nice guy!)

Reviewed on 5/07/2016 Mike

Outstanding! DJ Rob provided the music for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and the reception at our wedding in West Hartford on April 23rd. From our first face-to-face meeting with Rob, to the big day itself, he was prompt, courteous, and attentive. DJ Rob took the time to... Read More understand exactly the type of experience my wife and I wanted at our wedding, and then he delivered above and beyond our expectations. Our family and friends danced to our hearts' content, and my wife Molly and I had an absolute blast! Our sincere thanks to DJ Rob Alberti for helping to create an unforgettable wedding day!

Reviewed on 5/01/2016 Sabrina D

We had Rob for our DJ at our August 8th, 2015 wedding. He did a fantastic job with the music and lighting. He had people dancing pre and post dinner. Very personable and easy to work with. Our guests still talk about how great the music was, which is all we could as for!

2016-05-02T06:13:22 Response from the vendor

Sabrina & Steve were a wonderful couple to work with. The Pond House is one of our favorite unknown gems to have a wedding at. It was a FUN wedding - yes, people were up dancing before the meal was even served.

Thank you DJ Jim!

Reviewed on 1/05/2016 Lauren B

I had DJ Jim Aldridge from Rob Alberti's Event Services as a DJ for my reception. We initially had been assigned a different dj, but due to some health issues, we were given Jim. That made me a bit apprehensive, but after our first conversation by phone I had absolutely no... Read More anxiety. Jim was friendly, knowledgeable and super responsive. He help us set up a preliminary reception time line and pick appropriate music and gave many countless suggestions. We were really, really late in giving him the list of songs we wanted played and he still was able to get us everything. He took requests, guests were happy and dancing and it all went off perfectly. Also wanted to add that we never met in person until the actual wedding! He was quick to respond to emails and calls and was early to the reception. Thanks Jim for being a wonderful part of our day.

Reviewed on 12/05/2015 Nicole B

We worked with Rob for our uplighting and photobooth for our wedding this past October. He was extremely helpful and organized throughout the planning process. His design for our name in lights was amazing, the uplight colors were perfect and we loved our photobook. He also... Read More gave us a flash drive of the images. Many of our guests are still raving at how much fun they had with photobooth! Highly reccommend Rob to anyone!!!

Reviewed on 11/14/2015 Grace W

We used Rob's DJ services. Sadly, to keep costs more manageable, we were unable to order any uplighting from him or the photo booth. He did a great job as the DJ: announcing the events, playing music, and getting people to dance. I highly recommend him.

Rob Alberti

Rob Alberti is owner of Rob Alberti's Event Services - Wedding Disc Jockey, MC & Wedding Event Director + Wedding Event Lighting design rated by local brides + voted as "The Knot - Best of Weddings" + his work has been featured in Martha Stewart Wedding, CT Bride, VT Vows, + on numerous national wedding blogs such as Style Me Pretty, Wedding Chicks.