Ceremony and Cocktail Hour Music for your wedding

World-class musicians for your ceremony and cocktail hour! I have the honor and pleasure of working with some of the finest musicians in the city. We have a huge repertoire of traditional music and popular songs. I also write custom arrangements for anything we don't already have in our repertoire. In addition to solo guitar, other instrumental combinations are available, including: Duos: violin/guitar, cello/guitar, flute/guitar, two guitars, piano/guitar. Trios: violin/cello/guitar, flute/cello/guitar, three guitars, violin/piano/guitar. Other instrumentations are available as well. Please let me know what you're interested in.

Instruments

Cello, Flute, Guitar, Harp, Keyboard, Mandolin, Piano, Trumpet, Violin, Vocals

Classical, Country, Jazz, Pop, Rock, Latin

Rehearsal Dinner, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Wedding

Live Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Reviewed on 7/11/2016 Kayla E

Robert's music was absolutely beautiful and perfect for our rustic, outdoor wedding. He played solo for our ceremony and cocktail hour and his music was exactly what I had envisioned for that day. Robert was very quick to respond throughout the wedding planning process and had a... Read More large selection of songs for us to choose from. He also can also arrange a song if there is a specific one you have in mind! For our cocktail hour we chose a few songs from the list he sent us and he made a set list based on our preferences. We enjoyed having him there on our big day and would definitely recommend him to any future brides and grooms!

Reviewed on 2/05/2017 Michelle E

We wanted a trio of guitar, violin, and cello for our ceremony and Robert was perfect for that! The guitar added a very nice touch and he took care of assembling the perfect combination for cello and violin. The song picking was the most fun part; not only does Robert already... Read More have a solid list of songs, but there also is no limit to requesting other/non traditional songs. We did not have to worry about anything on the big day since he knew exactly what he was doing and we received so many compliments on the music! I highly recommend Robert; plus, his prices were also very reasonable.

Reviewed on 11/09/2017 Kimberly W

Robert Brown is a great musican! From his prompt and quick response by email to being easy to work with. I would recommend him over and over! He made my wedding ceremony even more beautiful with his musical touch.

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Jacqueline M

Robert Brown is exceptional! If you're looking for a classical guitarist (or a duo/trio that includes classical guitar), you want to secure Robert Brown for your wedding. In addition to being an incredible musician with an impressive selection of offerings, Robert is truly a... Read More professional. Through every step in the process, Robert empowered my husband and I to choose exactly what we wanted for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. He helped us determine the other instruments we wanted for our ceremony, and was extremely flexible with the pieces of music we chose. Several of our guests mentioned how impressed they were with Robert. He delivered an amazing and memorable performance, and demonstrated unparalleled professionalism. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Ali B

Robert was so wonderful to work with. It was so easy to email him with any questions and set everything up. He's a true pro and didn't need anything from me. He coordinated his arrival with the on-site coordinator and brought all of his own equipment. I did a lot of research... Read More for the perfect musician for our wedding ceremony, and not knowing a lot of musicians in Cincinnati, I reached out to CCM and asked for their help. They recommended Robert, and I remembered reading wonderful reviews about him so I contacted him immediately. He was able to play our favorite songs and hearing the songs in my head from our ceremony still gives me goosebumps! We had a duo- guitar and cello, but he can work with you to get something specific that you are looking for. I would recommend Robert to any of my family and friends- finding the right musician is so important for a wedding!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Diane L

Robert was an absolute pleasure to work with while planning my daughter’s wedding in Cincinnati. He was very welcoming of all the music selections that we requested. He did not personally play at the wedding, but arranged for the musicians that did play. We had a duet... Read More composed of guitar and flute and the music was just lovely. I recommend Robert Brown Music to everyone!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Mai N

We hired Robert Brown as our musician for our wedding ceremony and we were so pleased with his professionalism and the musical talent he and the violinist performed. He was so easy to work with, patient, and knew what we envisioned. Our music made our ceremony intimate and... Read More touched all of our guests. We received so many compliments and we even had him play a special request at our closing, One Love from Bob Marley, and he nailed it. Affordable, Professional, and Talented, so worth it for your special day.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Kara K

Robert was phenomenal! His talent came through in every interaction we had, from planning the play list, learning two special requests - and even helping with a last minute need for an extra music stand for the ceremony! Many guests commented on how beautiful the classical... Read More guitar and cello duo was and how it perfectly captured the emotion of the day!

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Robin B

My husband and I were married 9/3/17 at Cooper Creek in Cincinnati, OH. Robert and a cellist provided the music for guests before, during, and after the ceremony. This duo was the most beautiful sound and I couldn't have asked for better music. Robert worked with me to chose... Read More the best processional and recessional music for us. He also worked with a dear family friend who sang during my processional. I highly recommend Robert Brown Music!

Reviewed on 9/12/2017 Amanda E

So this is a little late. Our wedding was May 27, and it’s been a little chaotic since we got back from the honeymoon. But that’s not an excuse. :) Robert was wonderful to work with, and his musical style was a perfect fit for our outdoor wedding.  We wanted something simple... Read More and steered away from the typical wedding music which he was able to comply easily. He has plenty to offer in his repertoire and I was able to give him another piece that he was willing to play.  Robert was professional and quick to respond, and I appreciated his effort to drive to Dayton to play for our wedding. I hope there’s another event where I can use Robert’s talents again. :D

Reviewed on 7/16/2017 Michael B

Robert Brown was exactly what I wanted in a musician for our ceremony. He was professional, responsive to our requests, and his music was simply amazing. I had several compliments from guests stating that they thoroughly enjoyed the pre-ceremony and ceremony music. We had him... Read More play renditions of commonly known songs so people could know the music rather than sit there and listen to random playing they may not recognize. He even arranged a song not on his already on his extensive song list for our wedding. I wouldn’t hesitate to use Robert again. He really tied the whole ceremony together and we greatly appreciated his expertise at our wedding.

Reviewed on 2/07/2017 Danielle G

Robert Brown did a wonderful job at my outdoor wedding ceremony on August 27, 2016. Despite some unexpected inclement weather and getting rained on, Robert created the perfect atmosphere for the ceremony. He was flexible and did a great job working through the circumstances.... Read More Although we pushed his schedule a bit to wait out the rain, he was professional and friendly throughout the process. His repertoire of music is vast - I had a hard time picking just a few songs for him to play! If you're looking for a solo guitarist for your indoor or outdoor wedding ceremony, I definitely recommend you book Robert Brown.

Reviewed on 1/04/2017 Elizabeth A

Robert was wonderful! Very responsive and his music is beautiful. He performed solo at my outdoor ceremony in June. I'd highly recommend him!

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Katie Y

Robert was very accommodating and easy to work with during the wedding planning process! He offered ideas, music selections and even offered to learn new music if necessary! Thanks Robert!!

Reviewed on 12/29/2016 Maria T

Robert did an incredible job playing at our wedding. He was very responsive, professional, and the duo sounded very elegant. He didn't need much direction to know exactly what I wanted, and it was perfectly executed. He was great to work with and I would definitely recommend... Read More him!

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Rebekkah B

I am a bride who knew she wanted music as a high priority for her wedding ceremony! I had a close friend who ended up not being able to do it and Robert Brown turned out amazing. Him and his other two artists sounded awesome and were super professional. I'm disappointed because... Read More in the moment you don't hear and zone in on the music as much as I wanted to do. I did hear the video which sounded great. Several guests raved about the live music versus so many weddings they have been to lately which are from a phone or laptop. Totally worth the money!

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Peter L

I was so pleased with Robert Brown's services for my daughter's wedding. He went above and beyond my expectations. We requested that he play a Pearl Jam song for the processional that did not appear on any CD. He was able to transpose the song that he could only hear from a... Read More YouTube download and he nailed it. If that wasn't enough, he played some beautiful incidental music prior to the wedding ceremony. Robert made it so easy to work with that I never had a worry. I would highly recommend Robert for weddings (or other suitable occasions).

Reviewed on 11/30/2016 Pete Z

Robert played guitar for our wedding ceremony in Cincinnati and we couldn’t have been happier. Robert was responsive and very flexible throughout our planning process. His repertoire included many songs that we liked and he was happy to learn and make arrangements for a couple... Read More of songs we requested that weren’t already in his repertoire (which he did an amazing job of). We received many compliments about his playing and we would definitely recommend him to anyone else!

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 Stacy J

For our wedding we had guitar, violin, & cello during the ceremony & cocktail hour and it was by far one of the best decisions we made. Robert Brown is an incredible musician and was so easy to work with. We were planning from states away so I didn't actually meet him until... Read More about 20 minutes before the ceremony, but even then everything went incredibly smooth. We had so many compliments on the wonderful music.

Reviewed on 11/10/2015 Jenny K

Robert Brown and his team made our ceremony so special! They played songs we knew and loved and were meaningful to us - and arranged an AMAZING version of Walk the Moon's "Shut Up and Dance" for our recessional song. His prices were perfectly reasonable- thank you for making our... Read More day amazing!

Reviewed on 10/02/2015 Lauren H

Robert Brown is an incredible musician. He was very easy to work with and his prices were very reasonable. We had the guitar/violin duo. Our guests told us how beautiful the music was and we agreed. We gave him a few songs that we specifically wanted and he learned them and they... Read More were perfect. I would recommend Robert to anybody.

7-4-2014 Wedding

Reviewed on 1/19/2015

We would highly recommend Robert Brown to any couple looking for beautiful music during their wedding. Robert is a wonderful guitarist and was very helpful, responsive and easy to work with. The cello and violin were additional pieces we chose to add. Robert was a great help... Read More in his recommendations to ensure our instrument selections matched the music to be played. The composition during our ceremony helped set the romantic tone of the occasion. Robert was definitely a huge help in creating a special and memorable wedding day! Thank you, Robert!

Robert Brown

I have been performing music for wedding ceremonies for more than 20 years. Every wedding is as unique as the couple themselves, and the ceremony and cocktail hour music should be too. I find the entire process of preparation for a wedding to be very enjoyable. From working with the couple as they choose the ceremony music, to writing arrangements of the music that is most special to them, to the actual performance of the music on the couple's special day, it is always an honor to be able to help to create exactly the ambiance that a couple wants for their wedding.