Is this your business? claim it now

Robin's Bridal Mart

St. Louis, MO

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Shower + Party Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses

9993 MANCHESTER RD, St. Louis, MO

More concerned with their reputation than client'd wedding

Reviewed on 6/19/2015 monica C

I want to start off saying that I had a wonderful experience working with Libby, my bridal consultant. She knew exactly what kind of dress would fit my body type, even before I put a dress on. I only tried on 3 dresses before she found "the dress." With that being said, my... Read More experience went downhill quickly in working with the management to order my wedding gown. I ordered my gown in August and was told that the belt that was packaged with it was included. However, when my gown came in in November there was no belt. I had many conversations with the management over the belt and was assured multiple times that it was ordered only to find out later that the order was never placed. In fact, I did not receive the belt until weeks before the wedding May. Each time I talked to the manager/owner I was assured that the belt would arrive because "her reputation was on the line." In the end, my gown, the bridesmaids' dresses and my mom's dress turned out to be beautiful. I would still be cautious using this salon as they caused me the biggest headache when planning my wedding and the owner is more concerned about herself than her clients.

Odd name good salon

Reviewed on 5/30/2014 Jessie C

When I first heard the name of a bridal mart I thought it might be a 2nd hand or closeout type bridal store but it was not. The price for my dress was lower than it was at a different bridal store and they had good help. They also had an alterations department in the store... Read More which helped streamline things and they had very competitive prices.

I am very happy with my purchases!

Reviewed on 1/11/2014 Mandi M

I found my dress at Robin's and absolutely love it!! I received many compliments on it and it was exactly what I was imagining for my wedding. They have a great selection of dresses in many styles. I also found my bridesmaid dresses there and the girls loved them. I love... Read More that I could also get my dresses fitted at the same location.

The perfect fit

Reviewed on 5/16/2013 Olivia J

Wedding dress shopping as one of the pieces I was looking forward to least for my wedding. Recent experiences in local bridal salons as a bridesmaid had left me less than excited to take on the endeavor myself. The fact that I am not the typical rack size only made prospects... Read More of finding a dress seem more and more daunting. I visited a few salons and found "nice" dresses that fit ok. I even thought I found one at a different salon, but when I went in to get my families opinion (during an appointment I made)the consultants couldn't give me the time of day. I had a discount from a bridal show for Robin's Bridal and decided to give it a shot. I went in by myself not really knowing what I wanted, and worried this visit would be much of the same experiences I had already had. The consultant I worked with was awesome, she was also getting married and shared some of the same non-traditional tastes I did. She was honest about fit, and didn't look at me sideways when I told her I'd be wearing Adidas shell toes instead of heels. I actually found 2 dresses that made me feel amazing. The salon was very upfront with pricing, timing needs, and dress info (which other places would not share). They even took pictures of me in the dresses so I could send them to family which meant a lot considering none of them lived in town. They delivered the dress sooner than promised and kept it at the salon for me until I needed it.

good experience

Reviewed on 11/06/2012 anne s

good selection of reasonably priced dresses. estimated time to get my dress was less than other shops. ended up taking longer than expected because of a "lace shortage" with supplier, but got there in plenty of time. seamstress there does great, fair-priced alterations.

Time

Reviewed on 8/07/2012 Emily O

They were great responding back when we called with questions!

Wonderful Service

Reviewed on 11/11/2011 Jersan M

Robin's was referred to me by a friend, so I decided to check it out. I was browsing through their dress collection and found 4 out of 5 dresses I desired. Unlike the other ladies there, I did not have an appointment,but I was helped immediately. Joann was my consultant. She... Read More was very attentive. I tried on all the dresses, and ended up choosing my wedding dress the same day. And the price was reasonable. I saw my dress at other stores for a couple of hundred more. It was the actual name brand dress, not a knock off. Since I knew the dress I wanted when I walked into the store, I didn't need the consultants to search around; however,I saw them helping other brides, and they went out of their way to make each bride happy. Their alterations department is a seperate entity within the store, but they are reasonably priced and did a great job. During my final dress fitting, I browsed around Robin's and found a discontinued $180.00 veil lined in sparkling beads for $10.00. I had a stress free experience with Robin's.

Good selection/prices!

Reviewed on 11/01/2011 Katie H

Got my dream dress without having to try very hard! It was unique, but beautiful. People believed it to have been by a pricey designer and were astonished to learn that it cost me under $800 for EVERYTHING (including the veil). The dress was the first I tried on...and I was in... Read More love at first site!

Great!

Reviewed on 9/27/2011 Amanda P

Patrice found a dress that was perfect for my body and it looked great! 2nd dress I tried on!They were very nice and helpful. Fitting ladies were very nice too! Pricing was affordable

Reviewed on 7/11/2011 lindsey M

I bought my dress and my veil from Robin's. My dress was altered perfectly and I loved it! I also used Robin's for the groomsmen's apparel. We had some glitches with staff measuring some of the groomsmen wrong but everything was fixed before the day of the wedding.

did not deliver my dress

Reviewed on 4/02/2011 Nicole G

NEVER NEVER NEVER get anything from this store. My sister ordered her bridesmaids dresses from them in Dec. They said that they would be here in ten weeks at the latest. I called and they said that my dress was late due to the snow. I called again and they then told me it would... Read More not be in until April 1st, 15 days before the wedding. They assured that the alterations could be in time. I still do not have my dress and they have no idea when it will come in. Bad customer service and they don't even care that they are ruining what is supposed to be the happiest day of my sisters life.

Bad Experience

Reviewed on 11/19/2010 mary r

I would not recommend Robin's. My daughter's bridesmaids' dresses were purchased there. There were 9 dresses ordered and the dresses of the girls who were measured at Robin's were all way too big. One of the dresses had to be almost totally remade. The girls ended up... Read More spendiing almost as much for the alterations as they did for the dresses. One bridesmaid was refunded her money for alterations but two of the other girls who returned to Robin's to register a complaint have never heard from the manager/owner of the shop. That was almost two months ago. The girls who questioned the sizes that were recommended were told they would have to sign a paper saying they requested a different size. When the dresses came in, the dresses almost fell off the girls. They were way too big.

loved it

Reviewed on 11/16/2010 Lindsey S

I had a great experience with Robin's. We purchased the bridal gown and all the bridesmaid dresses there. They all turned out great and we were happy with their service and prices. The alteration prices were also reasonable. We were a little concerned with the sizes that... Read More they ordered for the bridesmaid dresses but most of them turned out to be the correct sizes.

Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 9/03/2010 Crystal M

Joann was great. I came in on a busy Saturday morning and she was patient and helpful. I explained what I was looking for and she found exactly that!!

Amazing Alterations Department

Reviewed on 6/28/2010 Rachel C

I got my Maggie Sottero from a bridal salon that was going out of business and did not offer alterations. Robin's had great reviews for obvious reasons- they are amazing! My dress needed to be taken in and bustled, and they did an amazing job! I got so many compliments at my... Read More wedding about how beautiful the bustle was and how great it fit! :) They were reasonably priced and extremely friendly. They listened to everything I said and tried working the bustle 2 x before she finalized so it would look the best! I highly recommend this bridal salon!

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Kathleen K

When I told Mary (my bridal consultant) that I was getting married she began leading me to the mother's dresses (after all I was 59 years old). But when I mentioned it was my first marriage she said 'No, you need a REAL wedding dress.' and led me to a rack for the more mature... Read More bride. I had told her about seeing a dress on the internet that I really liked but could not find anywhere. She told my friend Joan (matron of honor) and I to look at the rack to see if there was anything there I liked and she would see what she could find. Was I happily surprised when she came back with a dress almost idenical to the one I had seen on the internet. Very classic, very little foo-foo (jewels, lace, etc.) a slightly scooped neck and three quarter sleeves. No trim except some beading around the neck and on the cuffs. Princess seaming into an A-line skirt with chapel train in Italian satin. As my friend said 'Your nail tech is right, you are dull because that dress suits you to a tee.' I took the one off the rack which saved me $100 which just about cover the cost of the few alterations (mostly cutting off length since I'm only 5'2' and they make all of these for I think women 5'8' and above. LOL!! What was great about the salon was the personal attention, you don't need an appointment and the ladies that work there are all old enough to know what they are doing instead of some high school kid that really does not know their way around a bridal salon. Mary was able to advise me on w;Can't think of too much, except go early in the day so you have plenty of time because it is not the largest shop in the world and they have only a few dressing rooms and won't let you try anything on past 4p.m. on a Saturday.

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Katy W

My lady Libby was excellent.She knew what looked good and which bridesmaid dress complimented mine right off the bat. I loved working with her.;The alterations department was awfull. They lied to me and were rude.

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Tracy M

Variety of dresses available

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Lisa S

Average selection. Good workers!

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Denise C

i loved the onsite alterations and the selection of plus-sized gowns.;Some of their associates are rude.

Reviewed on 3/31/2009 Trisha S

I looked all over for dresses & could not find one in my price range. When I tried on the dress I ended up getting at Robin's -it fit perfect with the exception of the length. I was able to buy that one for $150 less than had I ordered it. My order for the bridesmaid's... Read More dresses was a little difficult but Robin's made sure that I had it exactly the way I wanted. They went above & beyond~

Reviewed on 12/19/2008 Shannon M

The ladies at Robin's Bridal were an absolute pleasure to work with. Three days before getting on a plane I noticed a small tear in my veil and they remade my veil immediately! They were so lovely to work with.;The alterations which is a separate store in the back of the... Read More salon is cash only. This is not well publicized.

Reviewed on 11/22/2008 Rachel S

Great Prices! They had a good selection of gowns at really reasonable prices. Also very friendly staff.;Make sure you look for the sale racks! They only like to show the full price gowns and they do a good job of trying to keep customers away from the sale racks -- the sale... Read More racks have a lot of discontinued styles that are half-off... they can't order more of these but if the dress fits they will give you 50% off.

Reviewed on 9/06/2008 wendy w

those women are amazing and the best part is that they have dresses in all sizes not just for the size 5 bride we loved our experience there;watch out for the women who alter your dresses there the are also very nice but their work is not always perfect a lot of flaws that... Read More needed last minute redos by them they are not part of the shop they are independents and they need to be watched

Rating for Robin's Bridal Mart