Rock Creek Gardens Wedding Venue

Puyallup, WA

Capacity: 201-250 PHONE

Book Your Wedding with Rock Creek Gardens Wedding Venue

Featuring 20 acres of stunning property, Rock Creek Gardens is an elegant, picturesque venue located in Puyallup, Washington. Set in the northwest, just a little south of Seattle, the gardens boast a reputation as being one of the top outdoor event venues in the entire state. Inspired by traditional English gardens, this serene setting offers sculpted hedges, delicate flower displays and romantic stone walls that are lined with turn-of-the-century lanterns. Able to accommodate wedding ceremonies, receptions and other celebratory events, the gardens are ready to host almost any kind of gathering, big or small.

Garden Ceremony. An elegant pergola stands at the head of this exquisite ceremony site, serving as the altar space for the couple exchanging vows. Behind the pergola lies a tranquil pond, which is encircled by rocks and stately trees. After descending a small flight of stone steps, the bride walks down an aisle flanked by waist-high Romanesque columns and bouquets of flowers. Guests sit in white garden chairs upon the site’s manicured lawn to witness the vows. Couples tie the knot beneath an open sky.

Reception Tent. Once the couple says "I do," guests can head over to an elegant outdoor tent for the reception. Surrounded by trees, hedges and hanging flower baskets, this open-walled venue boasts a 40-foot by 80-foot floor. Opulent white chandeliers dangle gracefully from the vaulted ceilings, while outside the hedges are adorned with white garden lights, adding a subtle sense of romance to the gardens come nightfall. Guests are permitted to mingle on the lawn for cocktails and quiet conversation during the reception.

Rock Creek Gardens is open year-round for wedding celebrations. When booking this venue for their wedding, couples and their guests gain exclusive access to the entire property on the day of their event. During the summer months, which run from May through October, access to the venue for an event is 10 hours. From November until April, this access is eight hours in duration. A one hour rehearsal is included.

The number of guests permitted for an event varies depending on the season. In summer months, as many as 250 guests may come to celebrate at the gardens, while only 125 people are permitted at events occurring in the remainder of the year.

If couples only want to have a ceremony at the gardens, they may do so during the week, from Monday through to Thursday. Rentals for these events are determined on an hourly basis, which gives the couple exclusive access to the property. There’s a limit of 30 guests for ceremony-only events.

Catering and floral services are not handled by the venue, however it has partnered with various outside vendors for such amenities. All tables and chairs are provided at the venue. There are indoor washrooms available for guests.

Some of the extra perks that come with having a wedding at Rock Creek Gardens include the following.

• A bridal party house
  • Fabric draping inside of the tent for added elegance
  • A wedding coordinator on the day of the event to help things run smoothly
  • Full access to grounds for photographs
  • Option for an elopement ceremony without reception
  • Option to add a chandelier to the pergola during ceremony

Where Journeys Begin...

Nestled among the trees of Puyallup, WA, Rock Creek Gardens is a timeless, 20-acre private estate that blends Northwest and English garden landscapes. The Gardens provide a romantic setting to host ceremonies of 250 guests or less. Following a garden ceremony, dance the night away under the elegant, white reception tent draped in fabric and crystal chandeliers.

• Outdoor - Covered

Waterfront, Garden, Mansion + Estate, Mountain, Tented

Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning

7504f472 fbdf 4115 a317 0a8fdec1b4a5~rs 100

11421 164th Street East, Puyallup, WA (253) 435-0243

Reviewed on 8/18/2017 Tiffany O

This venue is absolutely incredible! We heard nothing but great things from our guests saying the venue was beautiful and a hidden gem. We could not agree with them more! Elise was our day of venue coordinator and even though I had my own wedding coordinator, Elise was super... Read More helpful and willing to answer questions. HIGHLY recommend Rock Creek to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Veronica H

We just recently had our wedding at RCG! Even though it was a bit pricy we were thrilled with them. They let us come up several times to tour the grounds and where very quick to respond every time! The ground were incredible. So beautiful and everything we were promised!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Amanda F

This venue is absolutely breathtaking. There is not a single negative thing I could say about Rock Creek Gardens. Throughout the whole process working with the gals at Rock Creek Gardens was great and there wasn't a guest at our wedding that didn't comment on how beautiful the... Read More venue was. Five Stars all the way!!

Reviewed on 6/19/2016 Heather C

I knew I wanted to get married here before I was even engaged! The moment I became engaged I called and set up a time to book the venue (over 2 years in advance!!) I primarily dealt with Gracie during the process and she was so kind and helpful! I attended the many open houses... Read More and got to see the venue improve over the 2 years (I didn't think it could get better but it did!) The gardens are beautifully maintained making it so you don't have to spend more of flowers or decorations-the venue speaks for itself! about a month before my wedding I got my day of coordinator Vickie. She was AMAZING! If you are getting married here I would recommend her if you can! She knows how the venue works, has plenty of experience and knows her stuff! She was able to keep our groomsmen in line-which is a job in itself! ;). My mom and maid of honor couldn't stop talking about her and how helpful she was when they were trying to clean up and check out at the end of the night! I would recommend Rock Creek Gardens to any bride and groom looking for a Venue!

Reviewed on 11/14/2015 Nichole G

got married here this past August. It was on the stormy weekend at the end of August. Although the weather did not help, my special once in a lifetime day was ruined for so many other reasons.I was promised things I never received. When i approached April about this she told me... Read More she would have Kerra call me because she was in charge of that. When I talked to Kerra she first said that wasn't part of my contract and followed by later saying they never had ever done that before. Yet, since the date I booked this venue I had, had many conversations in regards to this specific thing with Kerra. My day would have been better off without the coordinator that was assigned to me, April. She did nothing but create more problems for my day, when we could actually locate her. She disappeared for long periods of time where no one could find her. When there was a break in the rain she was supposed to be wiping down the chairs so I could get married outside (which was what was discussed with her), but she was no where to be found. Finally my now husband and fellow groomsmen used their clothes which they wore to the venue to wipe down chairs for guests to sit. April's communication with me and the other vendors did not exist. My DJ offered to set up ceremony music outside if I held the wedding off 20 minutes, which I agreed to do. Once he finally set up (and he was with April), he went to plug it all in to find out there was no generator power set up near the aisle. This delay could have been completely avoided had April communicated the power situation with him. Not only that but myself, some of my family members, and the DJ all offered to bring extra generators to help power things for the wedding. April told all of us "no" and that there was plenty of power to run everything. Not only did my DJ ask to bring a generator, he told her the exact wattage he would need. My wedding ended up not having enough power to do any uplight (which I paid extra for), no ceremonoy music (which I paid extra for), neither of my candy tables which I paid extra for could be lit up, my cake carriage/table (which I paid extra for), or my head table could be lit up. Even one section of the chandlers in the tent could not be lit due to the shortage of power. All this could have been completely avoided had April informed us to bring more generators. Our head table which included the whole bridal party was short one chair, which there is no excuse for because there was enough place settings. April never once got up from behind the DJ booth (where she spent the entire night) to help with any of these problems. She had a horrible attitude the entire wedding. Rock Creek Gardens is an absolutely stunning venue but 2 of the coordinators I worked with, April and Kerra (who no longer works for the company), made a bad situation terrible. I understand the weather is not ever predictable,especially here in Washington, but to have a coordinator who could care less about her making anything go smoothly during my wedding is truly what ruined a day that I will never get back .

Amazing experience

Reviewed on 8/08/2015 Brandi E

I knew the minute I saw this venue that it was the location for my dream wedding. I was married at Rock Creek Gardens in July and it was an amazing experience. The attention provided by the staff was wonderful and very personal. The were calm, supportive and answered all of... Read More my questions throughout my wedding planning - and I had a lot of questions. They provided all of the services I needed including decorations and floral. It turned out fabulously. All of my guests commented that the wedding location and decorations were the most beautiful they had ever seen. Rock Creek Gardens truly helped to ensure that my wedding turned out perfectly - it is the location dreams are made of.

Reviewed on 9/09/2014 Cortney C

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Rock Creek! From the stunning grounds to the wonderful staff they have made my wedding planning a breeze. They offer so many options for decor and food that it can fit anyone's budget. One of my favorite things is that the grounds are... Read More so gorgeous your wedding decor can be kept simple. I would and will recommend Rock Creek Gardens to anyone and everyone!!

A Great and Helpful Wedding Team!

Reviewed on 7/16/2014 Lauren H

Rock Creek and their team has been fantastic. Kerra and Gracie were helpful and sweet. They gave me such a nice tour and helped some vendor suggestions. One of the best things about this location, is not only are the grounds gorgeous but they offer so much more than just a... Read More venue. They help out with being a place you can go for flowers, decoration, catering, and you don't have to worry about moving chairs or taking out trash afterwards. A lot of the other venues don't include the majority of the chair moving and cleanup. I'd rather my family and guests concentrate the most on having a good time than how long they'll stay after cleaning up or how much work they'll have to do on the day of! The flowers were great. I went with Gayle who was their in house florist. She worked within my budget and it was an amazing result. Sunflowers, hydrangeas, and roses! It was wonderful and smelled great. They include a day of coordinator as well! Mine was Vickie White. She was so on top of things! She anticipated for everything and if anything was askew it wasn't for long because as soon as she found out about it she'd be on top of the situation! The venue is also set up for any weather situation. There is a beautiful tent for a reception, and a separate section for the ceremony. If it's going to rain, they have the barn as an option on the grounds. Don't let this throw you off. They decorate the barn and it's amazing! Check out the pictures on their site. If it's inside picture, it's likely the barn. Their decorators and Gayle really know what their doing. In conclusion, they're so helpful whether you're more of a DIY bride or more like me who needed more assistance! It was so nice to have a one-stop shop option for most of my needs. Get them quick, they book up dates fast for a reason!

Absolutely Wonderful Venue

Reviewed on 10/18/2013 Jenelle K

This Venue is Top Notch! They are beyond accommodating and made our wedding a day to remember. The grounds are beautiful and the staff is wonderful! I would highly recommend this venue to anyone in WA looking for an outdoor wedding. Gracie and Kerra are very friendly and... Read More helpful when it comes to planning every detail for your special day!

Reviewed on 8/08/2013 Rachelle N

I loved Rock Creek Gardens from the first time I saw it. I am so glad that we had our wedding there! It is gorgeous and it is a hidden treasure! All of the employees are great and helpful. Rock Creek requires that you pay for a wedding coordinator through them, One thing... Read More that was difficult during the planning process was the wedding planner I was set up with got changed 3 times! I did not meet with my final planner until 2 weeks before the wedding, which added some stress. I have a very busy work schedule so this was very difficult. My final wedding planner was great...however the stress of the situation was frustrating.

Reviewed on 10/25/2012 Rebecca M

Rock Creek Garden (RCG) was the most perfect place for our dream wedding. We were looking for something that was basically "all inclusive" and RCG offers that!! From the absolute beauty that RCG has to offer alone to the delicious food catered by Ram International Catering we... Read More couldn't have picked s better location. Everything was more than beautiful and Gracie couldn't have made choosing this venue any easier. I highly recommend the extra money for the use of their wedding coordinators they contract with. We were assigned to Susan Lee and she was so amazing. For everything that RCG offers you can't beat the price

Great, Great, Great Location

Reviewed on 10/17/2012 stephanie c

I loved the venue, i didnt like that the only catering option was SUPER expensive but it was worth the location if you can afford it.

truly amazing venue!

Reviewed on 8/17/2012 Melisa J

Rock Creek Gardens is hands-down the best outdoor venue for a wedding in our area. Our wedding was absolutely wonderful and we still here compliments about it from those who attended. The moment you pull in to the property it feels like you've been escorted into a new world.... Read More We love working with all the staff and they made it easy to have everything ready for you, all in one location. I recommend RCG to everyone I know who is getting married or needs a great outdoor venue. If I could, I'd have a wedding every year there!

Mrs. Bartlett

Reviewed on 8/14/2012 Danette A

Venue was Beautiful, Staff was wonderful. It was a breath taking place to have our Wedding. The reason why I gave 4 stars is because at the time I booked my Venue we had to use their caterer and you didn't get a choice to choose from. The Venue time ended at 10:00pm, and you... Read More have to pay extra for the Tent thats on site to accommodate more than 100 people.

beautiful English gardens

Reviewed on 9/10/2011 Mary C

it is absolutely beautiful the owners are great to work with as well...down side, one of their coordinators was very cranky at our weddings but that was a minor issue

Reviewed on 6/16/2011 WENDI F

I couldn't have asked for a better venue in WA state for our wedding. The grounds were absolutely stunning and Gracie was such a pleasure to work with! If I had a question or concern, my emails or phone calls were returned in a very prompt manner. They know exactly what they... Read More are doing and aren't new to the industry. Just take one look at the venue and you will fall in love with it. Speak with Gracie, and you will never have to worry about another thing! Above and beyond service and support! YOU ARE AMAZING!

Reviewed on 11/18/2010 Tessa W

Beautiful venue, and their suggested vendors were amazing. A little pricey, but worth is to get married in such an amazing location.

Event venue

Reviewed on 9/22/2010 Amanda B

Phenomenal Outdoor Venue

Reviewed on 8/17/2010 Jamie D

Rock Creek Gardens set the scene for my dream wedding. What an incredible out door venue! The grounds and scenery are phenomenal and working with Gracie and the rest of the RCG staff was wondering.