Rockwood Museum Carriage House

North Wilmington, DE

Capacity: Up to 250 | WEBSITE | PHONE

Your Perfect Day.

Rockwood Park Carriage House is a stunning setting for your wedding day. Whether your heart is set on the elegance of a ballroom or the intimacy of a garden patio, Greenery Caterers, the exclusive Caterers of the Rockwood Carriage House, offers all the possibilities for your special day.

• Indoor Ceremony Area

Mansion/Historic Site

4671 Washington Street, North Wilmington, DE

Perfection

Reviewed on 12/03/2013 Beth N

The entire day was perfection! Our wedding reception and ceremony was held at the carriage house and we could not have had it any better. The staff was professional and helpful and oversaw every aspect of the day. The food was delicious and all guests were happy!

A perfect day

Reviewed on 11/10/2013 Nikki B

My husband , family, and friends had an amazing time at Rockwood. They were friendly, professional and made us feel confident that at we were going to have the most incredible day of our lives. From their recommendations, exquisite menu, flexibility, to pleasant staff, they did an outstanding job. Patti, Margaret, Michelle, Craig, and all the staff...thank you thank you thank you! We are still getting so many compliments on our wedding day!

Best decision I made for my wedding!...besides my groom :)

Reviewed on 11/06/2013 Ashley B

We had both our wedding ceremony and reception here in October - and I LOVED IT! My entire family and all of my friends can not stop complimenting how great the venue, service, and quality of food was. The fact that they take such pride in the catering makes a huge difference. And Michelle - well she is just amazing. We couldn't have asked for a better person to assist us with finalizing all the details, day of planning, and keeping everyone on track the day of. She pulls everything together seamlessly. Loved it!

Beautiful space and professional staff

Reviewed on 3/29/2015 Laura M

I could not be more pleased with my experience at Rockwood Carriage House. The setting is beautiful, the staff is courteous and professional and all of my guests raved about the food. I chose to have my ceremony upstairs at the venue which felt intimate and meaningful. It was great for my guests to walk down the stairs to the cocktail hour and reception. We frequently worked with Michelle, who took care of all our questions and needs with a smile.The staff is great about contacting the bride and groom throughout each step of the wedding process. They made it so I could enjoy my day with my husbands and guests.

Gorgeous venue with historic charm

Reviewed on 12/11/2014

Everything was terrific, from our first meeting with the staff, right through to the end of the reception. We had the ceremony upstairs, and the reception downstairs, and although the room isn't for a large wedding, it was perfect for us. It never felt cramped, and we were never bumping into guests. The staff was outstanding; responsive but never in the way. Nice touches like the carvings on the appetizer table went a long way. The outsides settings are beautiful for pictures, including the herb garden and mansion. It was truly a wonderful place to be married, no complaints!

Wonderful Venue

Reviewed on 12/03/2014 Raechel N

Rockwood is a Beautiful venue. Rustic and classy at the same time. It was a great choice for us. The grounds and the carriage house are immaculate and the staff is wonderful. We used the Greenery caterers also, and they were exceptional! I will review them separately.

All encompassing experience

Reviewed on 9/06/2014

In August my daughter had her ceremony and reception at Rockwood. The planning and execution was assisted wonderfully by Michele of the Greenery - caterer for Rockwood. The atmosphere is great, inside and out. Very easy to personalize the setting to make the event your own. We had a lovely experience and highly recommend this venue.

Perfect

Reviewed on 7/26/2013 Kate C

The carriage house was the perfect wedding venue. As soon as we walked in I knew it was the place t marry the one. It was big enough to hold our big wedding but still feel intimate. It was fret inside and out. There is a great outdoor space and indoor area. The greenery caterers that serve the carriage house were also stupendous!!

Great Venue

Reviewed on 11/19/2012 Kate D. H

We loved Rockwood. The venue is rustic with the stone floor and still elegant. All of our guests loved it and the placement of the dining room, buffet and bar were key. I would definitely recommend it.

carriage house

Reviewed on 10/07/2012 katie k

The Carriage House at Rockwood Park was such a beautiful place to get married. We fell in love with the ceremony room and decided against an outside wedding. Everyone that works there was so friendly and helpful with all of the planning aspects. The food was great and all of our guests enjoyed it!

treasure in wilmington

Reviewed on 9/11/2012 Nkosi M

Everything was excellent: food, ambience, service

perfect!

Reviewed on 8/16/2012 Lauren M

Just had our reception at the Carriage House this summer and it was just perfect! The food was fantastic, the place was gorgeous, and Patti & Michelle are very professional and organized! Highly recommended!

AMAZING!

Reviewed on 8/14/2012 Megan C

The Rockwood Carriage House is a beautiful setting. You do not need to decorate much since the natural beauty of the venue is so breathtaking. The staff is also very friendly and extremely helpful.

Loved it!!!

Reviewed on 7/04/2012 Ashley C

The venue itself is beautiful and perfect for the "rustic" but classy look we were going for. We invited 190 guests but had 170 attend and at first I was a little bit nervous about the spacing but 170 fit very comfortably and I can see how they can fit around 200. It was much more spacious than I thought. The staff is excellent and you can certainly tell that they are particular with who they hire. Everyone was so professional and friendly and it showed that they enjoyed their jobs which is hard to find in the hospitality industry. The food was delicious and we had many guests tell us it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding. The buffet worked out great and everyone got through the line super quickly. Overall, we had no complaints whatsoever and thought that they did an amazing job in making our reception go seamlessly. We were so happy with everything and we would 100% recommend it to others. Thank you Greenery Caterers!

All I wanted, and more

Reviewed on 6/12/2012 Larissa B

We had a fantastic experience at the Carriage House from the first meeting to the day of our wedding! The venue itself is beautiful and was exactly what we were looking for - ceremony and reception space in one location with a rustic, charming atmosphere. The Greenery Caterers staff was great to work with. Calls and emails were returned promptly, they were accommodating to our budget, and made helpful suggestions when we were unsure of what we wanted. The food was DELICIOUS and beautifully presented. Five months later, and I'm still hearing rave reviews from our guests. We've attended several weddings since, and no one else's food was as good as what we had at the Carriage House (and I know for a fact that some of these friends paid a lot more than what we did). In short, we were thrilled with every aspect of our wedding at the Carriage House and would highly recommend it.

Winter Wedding

Reviewed on 2/16/2012 Lauren D

Our January wedding took place at the Rockwood Carriage House. The weather cooperated - a little too much! It was a warm afternoon, and we were able to take many photos outside. This venue is beautiful for photos - the grounds and gardens provide the perfect backdrop. We also had our engagment photos taken here. The museam, carriage house, gardens, trails, and grounds provide for a beautiful, vintage style backdrop for weddings, etc. The venue itself is not staffed, but the Greenery Caterers function as the sole catering company who coordinates everything at this venue. There is a fee for renting the different areas for your ceremony/reception/etc.

The best!

Reviewed on 11/15/2011 Cortney V

The customer service here was very good! They knew exactly what they were doing and the location was amazing! It is a very rustic look so if that is your kind of thing then it is the perfect place for you! The food was amazingly wonderful!!!!!! The service was excellent!!! The location was prime and perfect for my personality!!! I just loved having my reception there! It turned out the exact way I pictured it and it was a wonderful reception!!!

Excellent service and friendly environment!

Reviewed on 10/07/2011 Kalee R

Patti and Craig and their manager Michelle provided excellent service and a friendly feel. It was a pleasure working with them. I found the staff, facilities and food to all be superb.

Great Location to do it all

Reviewed on 8/09/2011 Jessica K

We got married in the garden, reception for 170 in the carriage house. Everyone Raved. The property around was beautiful and the location very convenient to I95. Greenery Caterers are the sole operators of the location, so there is no selection on staff and chef. Early on I had some concerns. The tasting was a group occasion, not very intimate or personal. But we were able to make our selections and our specific instructions were followed to the T. Michelle is great to work with, Pattie and Craig too. I think we got everything we wanted and it looked so beautiful.

Couldn't have asked for better!!

Reviewed on 7/02/2011 Megan B

I'm not originally from DE, so when I found this place i was SOOO glad! I really didn't want to get stuck in a hotel or a golf course...it's just not me! With Rockwood I got an excellent deal with them! My wedding was on a Wednesday so they knocked their venue cost in 1/2 and took $20 off per person for the food. Patti & Craige were excellent to work with. they answered every email & phone call within a day or 2. I highly recommend them for whatever event u want to plan!!

Carriage House = Amazing!

Reviewed on 6/20/2011 Laura G

Rockwood Carriage House is a perfect blend of rustic elegance! We and all of our 113 guests LOVED the venue and the food. Great job Greenery Caterers. Beautiful gardens for pictures and for our guests to walk around and enjoy.

Carriage House

Reviewed on 5/27/2011 Deanna M

The Carriage House is a great place to get married if you like that woodsey feel but dont want to be outside. Our wedding was in the rose garden, with the roses that had just bloomed. Our reception was inside and the atomsphere was great and the food was even better. We heard that people loved the food and the h'dours were fantastic. The catering group was super easy to work with and answred my million questions.

the perfect vintage style venue

Reviewed on 5/19/2011 Jessica S

Our wedding had a vintage garden theme and this venue was absolutely perfect. From the walled garden and scenic grounds with mature trees and picturesque grounds, to the reception site with old carriage house doors and exposed stone, it was the perfect place for our big day. The only compliant I had was the dance floor is on the small side, but for weddings on the smaller side (100 ppl) it works!

Beautiful and unique

Reviewed on 8/27/2010 Jean N

My husband and I were married this past June at Rockwood. Our ceremony was in the walled garden and our reception was in the renovated carriage house. The park is beautiful and the garden is a pretty and sweet place to have a ceremony. Once the ceremony was over it was nice to have the reception right there instead of making the guests drive somewhere else. The renovated carriage house is gorgeous, the cocktail hour was held in one area that had great hardwood floors and stone walls. There are nice modern-industrial touches, such as the glass wall between the stair case and the cocktail hour room, and the modern stairs. That may sound strange, having old stone and brick mixed with modern aspects but it worked, you have to see it to appreciate it. The main room had a brick floor, stone walls, and beautiful carriage doors that opened to the patio that was enclosed and air conditioned. The whole place was recently renovated, and it was amazing. It was a nice change from the normal wedding-factory-halls that most weddings are held at. This place was beautiful, our wedding photos came out great at this location. A+

TO Rockwood Museum Carriage House