Love storyteller worldwide

Aloha, I'm so glad you're here. My name is Rodrigo, I'm a wedding photographer based out of Lahaina, Hawaii. Capturing the connection between two people in love is what I'm passionate about, and what better time to do that than your wedding day. My team and I provide wedding photography worldwide, with a focus on the Hawaiian islands and the greater Pacific Northwest. I strive to capture images that happen naturally. I prefer to let the couples' interaction lead the images and direct when necessary, rather than lining up specific poses. Throughout the day's events, I enjoy participating as a photojournalist, allowing my work to tell the story of the wedding as well as capturing all of the important details, large and small. Shoot me an email to start the conversation!

Artistic, Classic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Based in Maui - Serving worldwide. (808) 463-4475
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Courtney W

Rodrigo was the absolute best part of our wedding! I can't recommend him highly enough. Our experience with Rodrigo planning beforehand was so seamless and easy that I had no stress about him at all (and planned my wedding from CA without visiting!). He made everything so easy!... Read More We started our first pictures with him at our rehearsal dinner! I know this seems like an added expense but I can't tell you how amazing it was to have pictures from that intimate night with our closest family and friends. It also helped my husband and I get used to being in pictures, and it helped our wedding party get to know him as well. He is so easy going he even makes shy people and kids comfortable in front of the camera and catches those important moments that pass by too fast during the wedding festivities. The rehearsal dinner photos are such a treat to have I'm so glad I decided to have him there!! Now for the wedding day! He honestly couldn't have done anything different or better. He captured every fun moment, every happy tear, and every loving look that I will cherish forever. He made me feel pretty, and my husband calm, and when I got the photos back from him I just about died with happiness. They are so gorgeous!!! He was able to get our first look, wedding party, church ceremony, sushi cocktail hour, dinner, and drinks and dancing. He was fun, professional, easy going, and just an absolute perfect fit for our wedding. I actually got a lot of compliments from guests about him being a great photographer that they felt comfortable around. I can't recommend his services enough and am already scheming some excuse to get back to Maui to work with him! The wedding goes by so fast you don't realize how much is going on until you get all the photos back and you get to relive all those beautiful moments. Thank you Rodrigo!

2017-11-15T11:51:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for this wonderful review, working with you guys was great!! Thank you so much for having me on your special day!!

Reviewed on 2/15/2017 Richard S

Rodrigo is absolutely amazing. Not only did he take our wedding pics, he also did our trash the dress session. He took so many great pictures, its impossible to pic one favorite. He delivered pictures that has completely exceeded our expectations. Rodrigo has a wonderful... Read More personality and aura that can make any couple feel comfortable. The question isn't if we're returning to Hawaii its when. And when we do we'll be contacting him for more picutures. My wife and I highly recommend Rodrigo for all your wedding photography needs. Mahalo Rodrigo for capturing great memorable photos that we will always. treasure.

2017-02-21T16:18:15 Response from the vendor

Aloha! Thank you for the sweet words. Working with you and Cheri was wonderful. So glad you loved the photos. I'm looking forward to seeing you guys again over here in beautiful Maui.

Reviewed on 9/03/2017 Vlad G

My fiancé, Jan and I just received the photos from Rodrigo for my surprise proposal/our engagement shoot, and all we could say was "wow"! We were left stunned on how absolutely gorgeous the photos came out. Rodrigo was the ultimate professional when it came to communication,... Read More sharing my vision, and also directing us during our shoot. We would highly recommend him to anyone, and we are hoping to work with home again in the future. Thank you for all your hard work, and keep it up! -Vlad & Jan

2017-09-04T22:42:01 Response from the vendor

Amazing working with you two!! Thank you for trusting me on such an special time for you both!! Mahalo, Rodrigo

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Paula W

We had the pleasure of meeting Rodrigo in January 2016 when we hired him to do our engagement/save the date photos. He chose a beautiful location and captured many beautiful shots. Working with him was so wonderful that it was a no brainer when it came to choosing him as our... Read More wedding photographer as well. On our wedding day Rodrigo and his assistant Stephanie were fantastic. They were professional, personable, and were fun to work with. They really did a great job capturing our day. Our photos are beautiful and every time we look at them we love them more and more. We highly recommend Rodrigo Moraes Photography! Paula and Bobby

2017-07-18T14:43:08 Response from the vendor

Thank you guys so much for taking the time to write me a review! I had a blast capturing your special day, enjoy your images!!! Cheers!

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 B B

Most amazing Photographer to work with, Rodrigo got our vibe and brief to perfection. Awesome, awesome photographer to work with (accommodating and great at communicating beforehand too) and if we could do it all over again - having Rodrigo at our wedding would be the top of... Read More our list - his pictures were amazing!

2017-07-18T14:46:33 Response from the vendor

I had a wonderful time island hoping to photograph your special day on Oahu! Thank you so much for having me as well as for the sweet words! It means a lot!! Congrats again, Cheers! Rodrigo

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Brittany S

Rodrigo takes the most breath taking photos!! He was able to still capture our wedding with the most amazing pictures even with the weather changing and becoming a down pour, I was nervous the beautiful Maui colors wouldn't come through because of the clouds but was I wrong!... Read More Rodrigo you were the best. Thank you again for everything!!

2017-07-18T14:43:40 Response from the vendor

Thank you!! I appreciate the sweet words, congrats again!! Rodrigo

Reviewed on 4/28/2017 Natalie H

We were SO impressed with Rodrigo Moraes Photography! We knew nothing about wedding photography, and he was recommended to us by the hotel we were getting married at and so we went with that. We literally just showed up at the time and place to get married and Rodrigo was... Read More there, ready, excited, and so lovely to work with. He gave us exactly the right guidance and ideas and was creative and is just amazing at what he does! I would HIGHLY recommend him anytime you need photos done. We got our wedding pictures back super fast and they were all so amazing!!!! He took his time and it was a very very hot day in Maui and we were all sweating but he never once rushed us and he offered up so many great ideas for shots. We couldn't be happier with the service we received and will use him again for sure anytime we are going to Maui and want any type of photography!!!

2017-04-29T13:40:00 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the wonderful review!! Wishing you both the best!! Aloha.

Reviewed on 4/15/2017 Laura T

We highly recommend Rodrigo for anyone out there looking for natural beautiful photographs taken by the most kindest and detailed professional. He made our (eloped) wedding day feel super personal and special, as though we had a friend with us all the way through. The... Read More communication was great and the photographs quickly sent through...and they are just STUNNING. We are so happy we chose Rodrigo and will forever thank him for helping telling our story.

2017-04-29T13:40:40 Response from the vendor

Mahalo for the sweet words!! What a beautiful day that was! Thank you for having me photographing your Maui elopement.

Reviewed on 3/25/2017 Maya K

Rodrigo was a great photographer and made sure everything went smoothly. He was on time and took all of the photos I wanted, plus a bunch of photos that I hadn't imagined. The photo gallery was ready for us in only 3 weeks, way sooner than I expected. There were 400+ photos and... Read More each one was beautiful and really captured the special day.

2017-03-26T01:14:05 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the sweet words! It was a pleasure working with you guys. Cheers!!

Reviewed on 2/15/2017 Kristin W

I am beyond amazed with Rodrigo! He captured amazing breath taking photos! I was ear to ear smiles while looking through my photos! The detail! The love captured! I'm more than pleased!

2017-02-21T16:18:44 Response from the vendor

Aloha Kristin, thank you much! You guys were awesome!

Rodrigo Moraes

I was born and raised in Santos - Brazil, but thankfully my desire to explore brought me all the way to the beautiful island of Maui, Hawaii. I'm a father, a photographer, a partner, pizza lover, waverider, world traveller. I love to listen to good music, ride my bicycle, hang out with my family, take our dogs on walks in our favorite beach in Lahaina. I'll make your photography experience fun and memorable. You won't only be a client but also a friend for life.