Ron Jaworski's Blue Heron Pines Golf Club

Egg Harbor City, NJ

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Ron Jaworski’s Blue Heron Pines Golf Club is a stunning venue for a wedding event. Located in Egg Harbor City, New Jersey, the award-winning club has lush greens and pines that offer plenty of memorable wedding photo opportunities. Opened in 1993, it features the premier 18-hole golf course in Jersey, which guests can enjoy around the wedding event. There are venues for both a ceremony and a reception at Blue Heron Pines.

Covered Patio. This open-air location is ideal for a ceremony or cocktail hour and gives guests the best of both worlds by being both outdoor and under cover. The pretty patio is next to the Banquet Room.

Banquet Room. This elegant ballroom accommodates up to 200 guests. It has panoramic views of the golf course, which the guests can admire before dancing the night away on the full-size dance floor.

The wedding experts at Blue Heron Pines Golf Club ensure that everything runs smoothly from start to finish, with personal assistance given on the day of. The maître d’ oversees all the needs of the bridal party.

All wedding packages at Blue Heron Pines include a five-hour reception with a five-hour open bar. An outdoor pergola and fire pit is provided and sunset cocktails are enjoyed on the patios. A signature drink and champagne toast are given as well as gourmet cold and hot hors d’oeuvres. There are full course seated, buffet or station options for the meal. A private wedding suite is provided as well as a private cocktail hour for the wedding party. A choice of color for the napkins and overlays is given. Cylinder centerpieces with votive candles are included as well as a full-size dance floor.

There are four wedding packages to choose from. The Royal Blue Package includes a choice of three butlered hors d’oeuvres, a cold display and gourmet hot dips. For the reception meal, a salad is followed by an entrée, such as pan seared tilapia or grilled sirloin steak. An ice cream bar provides the dessert.

The Blue Heron Package also includes an artisan table during cocktail hour, such as a gourmet flatbread station or slider station. The reception has a plated salad and choice of three themed stations. These include an Asian station, an Italian station, a Tex Mex station, a carving station and a mac and cheese or mashed potato bar. An entire room of desserts is available.

The Timeless Teal Package has a larger choice of artisan tables for cocktail hour. The reception meal begins with a plated or stationed salad and a selection of two entrees, such as creamy mushroom risotto or chicken Caprese. A Martini mashed potato bar, accompaniments and two carving stations, such as honey roasted turkey or Caribbean jerk flank steak, are also included. The dessert room is available afterwards.

The Sapphire Package includes six hot butlered hors d’oeuvres, a cold display and an artisan table. A salad and intermezzo course are served for the reception meal, followed by a choice of two entrees, such as pepper encrusted salmon, Maryland style crab cakes or New York strip steak. The dessert room is also available afterwards.

Booking a wedding event at Ron Jaworski’s Blue Heron Pines Golf Club gives extra perks:

• Winter weddings benefit from a free ceremony, a discounted rate per person and a complimentary hot chocolate bar
  • The bride and groom are given access to the golf carts for wedding photo opportunities within the grounds
  • Complimentary golf is included in each wedding package

Say "I Do" at the Shore in Country Club Style!

Our exquisite clubhouse, banquet facilities and outside ceremony areas provide a picture perfect setting for your wedding celebration. Let our award- winning Chef and exceptional professional staff create a lasting memory of the most important day in your lives. Contact Tara Debski today!

Country Club, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning

550 W. Country Club Drive, Egg Harbor City, NJ (609) 965-1800
PINTEREST

Fabulous venue and experience!

Reviewed on 7/10/2015 Kelsey B

The TLDR of this review is: the service, scenery, and food that this venue provides is fantastic, especially at the prices they charge. BHP is SO affordable, and it's unbelievable that you get what you do for what you pay. - Everyone we spoke to (especially Tara and Mollie)... Read More were so delightful and may have been more excited for our wedding than we were! From day one, Tara was on the ball, answering my ridiculous emails that I would send in the middle of the night so quickly, I swear she never stops working. She was so helpful throughout the entire planning process and had the answers to all of my questions. The venue itself is very beautiful. When I started looking for a venue, I was leaning towards a barn or inn, because I loved that aesthetic. However, some of our family members have trouble walking and getting around, so a lot of the older buildings got nixed from the list just for inaccessibility. BHP had the best mix for me that reassured me that my guests would be comfortable and also gave me that beautiful open air look I wanted. The exposed beams of the ceiling in the ballroom are absolutely breathtaking and made it look so much different from a typical wedding ballroom. The pergola where we had the ceremony was so lovely, and I loved that my guests could go right from the ceremony to the cocktail hour to the reception without much walking or hassle. The golf course gave us beautiful natural scenery for our pictures. We requested to have a food tasting before we booked because we are self-admitted food snobs, which Tara and the chef were happy to accommodate. The food was SO GOOD at the tasting that we were ready to put down a deposit after just eating the salads. Chef Jorge was so fun and passionate about the food that we knew we were in good hands. On the day before the wedding, we stopped by to drop off all of our little details and odds and ends for the wedding. Mollie and Tara were so organized and took copious notes on where everything was supposed to go so I had no worries on the day of that everything would look fabulous (and it did!!). The day of the wedding, it was all hands on deck, and there were so many helpful and wonderful staff there to assist us with everything. Mollie was on the ball and quickly got us anything we needed and kept us on our timeline. The only negative thing I have to comment on was that almost every single steak that was served during our reception was very overcooked (very well done). We had discussed having all of the steaks cooked to medium rare, so it was a little disappointing to have the steak be overcooked. We asked to have our steak redone because it was more or less inedible, and the second time it came back, it was still overcooked. HOWEVER all of the other food was absolutely delicious, and in the end, there was plenty of other food to eat, so it wasn't as if we went hungry. That was the one and only thing that went wrong throughout our entire experience, so I am still happy to give BHP 5 stars regardless. The dessert room BHP provided was ridiculous and fun. We didn't tell any of our guests about it, so when it was opened and announced, people were so excited to have something other than boring old cake to eat! All of the treats were delicious and my husband still talks about the bread pudding months later. Overall, BHP is a such wonderful venue and I'd recommend it to anyone who is looking for a venue at any budget.

Blue Heron is the perfect venue!

Reviewed on 6/21/2015 Gianna D

I recently was married at Blue Heron Pines, and I couldn't be happier with my choice to have our wedding ceremony and reception at this beautiful venue! Tara and Mollie were excellent throughout the whole process from start to finish. These ladies were always available for my... Read More every question or concern especially in the days leading up to the wedding! The chef was also very accommodating with special and last minute requests we had for the menu. In addition the venue is gorgeous, the food is amazing, and the value cannot be topped in the south jersey area. Thank you to the entire staff at blue heron for an amazing wedding that I will never forget!

The best!

Reviewed on 11/10/2014 Mayra Z

We couldn't be happier with Blue Heron. Tara was very helpful from day one until the day of the wedding. She was always there to answer all of my questions which was a great. On the day of our wedding Erin was on top of everything and made sure that we had everything we needed.... Read More The food was AMAZING! Everyone loved the Hors D'Oeuvres and the "Philly Station" during cocktail hour and the dinner. The dessert room was a big hit as well. Not to mention the venue is beautiful and the golf course was great for our photos. We highly recommend BHP to anyone looking for a venue.

Reviewed on 4/17/2017 Jennifer M

I can't say enough GREAT things about this venue, I booked my date pretty far out and through the entire planning process Tara and her staff were accessible and always willing to help with any questions or concerns I had! The venue, staff, food, drinks and atmosphere was... Read More everything we were looking for and the day of the wedding went absolutely perfect, seamless at that. I honestly didn't have to worry about anything, the staff here go above and beyond your expectations. I still continue to get compliments about how much my guests enjoyed our wedding! I wish I could do it all over again!

Reviewed on 4/05/2017

Our wedding was the perfect day we had dreamed of. The staff was incredible and so attentive. Everything was just beautiful and the food was Amazing! Everyone is still, months later, commenting on how great the food was. Thank you to everyone at Blue Heron who made our day so... Read More amazing.

Reviewed on 12/13/2016 Rebecca E

I don't even know where to start, so many great things to say about Blue Heron Pines. Our wedding was there on 11/12/16. Everything was perfect and I would recommend them to everyone and anyone! I got ready in the bridal suite which is a great amenity. We used the golf carts for... Read More pictures which is great because we were able to get pictures in multiple locations. We had 149 people and it was not crowded. Our ceremony was outside and then cocktail hour was in the tent. The staff was friendly and attentive. The food was awesome! I wish I ate more appetizers, they were so good! We served our cake in the dessert room with an ice cream bar. It looked beautiful and our guests loved it. I upgraded the linens and it was so worth it. My guests loved the exposed beams in the ceilings, so did my husband and I, one of the reasons why we picked the venue. Our food tasting was amazing and fun. The event team, Tara and Kristen, were so helpful and answered all my many emails. They decorated perfectly and were on point with everything. They helped with every step along the way. This was a huge plus, I didn't need to hire anyone to help me because these women had everything handled. Overall we Loved Blue Heron Pines, if it were up to me everyone would get married there!

Reviewed on 12/05/2016 carla w

Great venue!

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Mary M

Amazing ,beautiful, and a dream come true! From the moment we booked BHP up to the wedding day we could not have been happier with our choice in venue! The staff and all those involved made our daughter's reception a dream come true! Tara and Kristin helped us feel comfortable... Read More and confident and they made the place look amazing! Wedding guests said it was one of the best wedding receptions ever and our daughter and her husband said it was the " best day ever" ! Food was delicious and amazing and there was plenty of it!!! Thank you all for a dream come true!

Reviewed on 11/11/2016 Angela R

I couldn't have been more happy with my choice of Blue Heron Pines for my wedding on 10/29. It was nothing short of AMAZING! I cannot say enough about Tara and staff at Blue Heron. Tara was always available to answer any and all questions and always responded promptly! They... Read More worked with me and helped me create the perfect wedding! From start to finish, it was more than I Could have ever asked for. The service was amazing, the food DELICIOUS and the drinks flowing all night! The venue is perfect for that rustic look! We went with a rustic glam theme and wow did it turn out better than expected! I couldn't have been more happy with our choice! Thank you again!!!!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Jamie M

My husband and I booked this venue two years in advance (8/14). In those two years, Tara was there for us- month after month, assuring me that we were on the right track with planning. She was honest, compassionate and personable. She was also quick to talk to via phone or... Read More email. I can't say enough good about her. Kristin was great too- she helped with details before the wedding and made it easy for me to explain what we wanted the decor to look like and the timeline. During that time, my nerves were apparent and I started getting scatter brained but Kristen kept me on track which was much appreciated. When it came time for the wedding, everything was perfect. Tara, her whole staff and Krista (maitre de) were there every step of the way making sure our day went smooth. Krista was actually the best touch of the night- she continually made sure our needs were met (full drinks, ensured our time line was stuck too and that we ate). Our Guest continue to tell us that the food was amazing (especially the variety offered) and the bartenders were great making sure drinks were efficiently made :) Thanks Kathy and Ann Marie!!! The whole experience was perfect and we cant thank BHP enough for the exceptional service, great food and beautiful venue. I would chose BHP over and over again... and you should too!

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Tracy P

Our wedding at Blue Heron Pines Golf Course was amazing!!!! The venue, staff, food and service was great!!! Tara and Kristen did a great job helping coordinating our day. They were both awesome with their expertise and service. They answered all our questions and kept us... Read More focused on planning the day. Kristen did an excellent job as our maitre D. She made sure we had a perfect evening. Chef Jorge's food was fantastic and was complimented by all our guests. The friendly staff made the night wonderful for all our guests. We highly recommend this venue for anyone planning a wedding or event.

Reviewed on 9/25/2016

Ever since we visited Blue Heron Pines, we knew that was the perfect place for us. It's unique, elegant and just the perfect space. We were amazed us by the variety and the value of the packages they offer. We had a Friday wedding and chose the Sapphire package. You can't go... Read More wrong with a sit down dinner. The cake is a nice add on with this package and also the amazing dessert room!! My guests were delighted and loved it! The food was delicious. The chef was a pleasure to work with during the food tasting - thank you, Chef George! Tara Horton is the event planner - she is great to work with and a great professional! Our MatreD' - Kristin was my right hand during the wedding night. She made sure we had food and drinks, kept us on schedule. We can't say enough for all the team - thank you, Tara, Kristin, chef George and all BHP employees. You guys worked so hard and our wedding was a dream came true!

Reviewed on 8/08/2016

LOVED Blue Heron Pines in every way for our wedding!! They took care of EVERYTHING and everyone had such an amazing time. They are very accommodating, have many options to choose from and the staff was very easy going and on top of it all every step of the way. I highly... Read More recommend Blue Heron Pines as a venue for your special day!

Reviewed on 8/02/2016 Sarah C

Where do I even begin? Blue Heron Pines went above and beyond our expectations! As soon as we saw the ballroom, we knew BHP was our venue! The grounds of the venue were impeccable. The rustic, yet chic, sense of style was exactly what we were looking for! Their venue truly is... Read More one of a kind. Besides their stunning decor, their staff was amazing, from start to finish. Tara was there for every call and email, reassuring my wedding dreams! After planning for over a year, our day finally arrived! Once again BHP, Tara, Kristen and BHP staff outdid themselves! Kristen did an exceptional job and made sure our day was flawless. Almost two months later, our guests still rave about our wedding, especially about our venue! BHP catering was delicious! From the bottom of our hearts, thank you to BHP for making our wedding dreams come true! Mr. & Mrs. Jones June 4, 2016

Reviewed on 7/27/2016 Amanda B

Kristen and Tara at Blue Heron were so easy to work with and made our day flow perfectly. They seemed very casual, but that's because they know what they are doing! Kristen worked hard the day of our wedding to ensure all of our decor and activities were set up exactly how we... Read More wanted. I could not have imagined it turning out more beautiful. They even cleaned up after the event, and packed all of our stuff into the boxes we brought - all we had to do was pick it up the next day! Granted a few items were missing, but nothing to take away from the ease and happiness that came from having our event at Blue Heron. AND THAT DESSERT ROOM!!!!

Reviewed on 7/24/2016 Shaun S

I can not say enough wonderful things about the team at blue heron pines for making our special day so amazing!! Their attention to detail is second to none. My day was nothing short of everything I dreamed of and I could not have done it without them!!!

Reviewed on 7/24/2016 Shaun S

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Lauran K

This place was more than I ever would have expected. Tara was hands down amazing to work with and made my wedding planning less stressful. She worked with our weird situation and once my husband came home he was beyond impressed with her and all the help they she gave me. I... Read More can't say enough good things about this venue. The food was to die for, the venue is gorgeous, the owners are incredibly sweet, the staff was so kind, and they all played an important role in making my wedding my dream wedding. Thank you again and I wish I could relive that day all over.

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Sarah J

My husband and I can not say enough wonderful things about this venue. Tara was great to work with regarding all of the planning and coordination. The food was amazing and the chef was very easy to work with. The the day of our wedding, I had an assistant (forget her name right... Read More now) and she was amazing. Got me all of my drinks, made sure we were on schedule the entire night and helped clean my dress when my husband got cake all over it! Definitely recommend! Ov

Reviewed on 7/07/2016 Davide C

Tara and company dedicate themselves to ensuring the best possible service is delivered. They strive to make your wedding or event everything you want it to be!

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Maria A

Blue heron was our dream wedding! We've been married for almost a year now and have recommended many of our friends to this venue. It's beautiful and perfect for any occasion. The people you will work with (Tara and Erin) are the sweetest and are there to help whenever you need... Read More it. They didn't even get tired of all my silly questions 😬 they set everything up perfectly and it took a lot of the stress off the big day. The food is delicious and the atmosphere is all around AMAZING! If you want a venue who's willing to work with what you want, has amazing staff, delicious food and overall makes the day run very smoothly then definitely go with blue heron 😍😍😍

Reviewed on 6/30/2016 Michele N

Blue heron pines did an amazing job at making my special day perfect! I would recommend this place a million times to all of my friends! And I have already! It is an absolutely beautiful venue with not a huge price tag. The staff is all so sweet, even the chef was a very nice... Read More guy! I could not be happier!! Ps. Food is amazing! Caribbean bruschetta is to die for!!

Reviewed on 5/22/2016 Amanda G

I highly recommend Blue Heron Pines for any occasion! We got married last Saturday and it was phenomenal. Tara and Kristen were such a huge help during the whole process and day of. They really strive to make sure everything is how we wanted it and to make sure everything went... Read More smoothly. I give them five stars and would highly recommend them for everyone 😊

Reviewed on 5/02/2016 Melissa M

Tara and Kristen were wonderful very attentive to everything. Food was awesome everyone emptied their plates.

Reviewed on 3/23/2016 Erin H

Awesome staff, beautiful venue excellent food. Definitely worth the money.