Rose Hill Plantation

Nashville, NC

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with Rose Hill Plantation

A BALLROOM IN NASHVILLE, NC

The Rose Hill Plantation in Nashville, North Carolina features the Manor House, which is rich in history. It was built back in 1790 by Nathan Boddie after he received a land grant from none other than King George II. Couples will love planning a wedding here, as there are 860 acres of beautiful landscaping to explore. Stop by one of the gazebos for pictures or head down by the lake and watch the gracefully swans swim around. The following four on-site venues exude the southern charm you're looking for when planning a countryside ceremony or reception.

Manor House. The Manor House is decorated with period furnishings and has a warm and welcoming vibe that the bride and groom will find complements their big day. The space is able to host as many as 60 of your closest friends and family members.

Dining Room. Located within the Manor House, the dining room retains all of the beauty that is seen throughout the house while providing an intimate setting for a rehearsal dinner. The space seats 14 members of the wedding party.

Nathan Hall. The most widely used space at the Rose Hill Plantation is Nathan Hall, which rests directly next to the Manor House. It accommodates 245 guests for a sit-down reception or up to 275 for a ceremony or cocktail hour. There's a dance floor with plenty of room for live entertainment, a cozy fireplace that doubles as a backdrop for photos and 18-foot ceilings that make the room feel even more spacious. Perhaps the most attractive feature is the large windows that offer a stunning view of the property.

The Smokehouse. Welcoming as many as 100 people, the Smokehouse is an excellent spot for hosting a rehearsal dinner or a small reception. The space can easily be decorated to match any theme or include any combination of wedding colors. There is also the possibility of having a wedding ceremony on the lawn out front of the Smokehouse, which has a pond and rose garden to use as backdrops.

All catering for your wedding is handled by the venue's executive chef. There are a variety of menu packages to choose from, like the three dinner stations and five passed hors d'eouvres package. Perhaps your guests would enjoy a slider station and a baja grill American station or a plated dinner like Colorado rack of lamb. The culinary team has a large menu that is completely customizable and the chef is happy to adhere to any dietary restrictions, such as nut allergies, gluten-free dishes and vegetarian cuisine.

Rose Hill Plantation also offers a selection of fine wines and quality liquors, which can be purchased and served to your guests during a cocktail hour or reception. If you'd like to plan a speech or organize a slide show, you'll be happy to discover that the facility is equipped with all the latest audiovisual equipment, including a 16-foot jumbo screen. Out-of-town guests will appreciate the 13 guest rooms within the Manor House and the two rooms located in the pool houses. Each features period furniture and cozy fireplaces. Should you require additional rooms, the owners work with seven other nearby hotels to get you the best rates possible. They will even arrange to pick you up and transport you back for the big day.

There are a few perks for both the bride and the groom to take advantage of. First, the ladies of the wedding party are welcome to get ready in the bridal suite, which the happy couple will also use at the end of the evening to get a good night's rest before heading out on their honeymoon. Second, the men of the wedding party are welcome to use the sporting clays range or the hunting preserve for their bachelor party.

• Swimming pool
  • Handicap-accessible
  • Liability insurance
  • Plenty of complimentary parking
  • Pond fishing
  • Volleyball
  • Horseshoes

A Perfect Setting for Your Wedding and Events

Rose Hill is a premier wedding destination for brides from across North Carolina and beyond. Its 18th-century charm, coupled with modern elegance, make a perfect setting. One-of-a-kind amenities and attention to details await at this countryside estate.

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Park

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering

3815 Rose Hill Lane, Nashville, NC (252) 459-4058

Reviewed on 1/04/2016 Laney G

AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING!!!! Everything about my experience with Rose Hill was spectacular. We had our rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony, and reception here. We pretty much rented out the place all weekend we loved it so much. Nicole was so sweet and helpful! I sent... Read More her so many emails and she got back to me right away and answered all of my questions. She made me feel so comfortable and like I wasn't bugging her. And the food!!! Oh my, the food was out of this world and I'm not just saying that because it was my wedding. We had everyone come up to us and tell us. We had stations and it was so good. Loved the chef -- he is so talented. We had a BBQ at the smokehouse for the rehearsal and that was just as good. Everything about the property was beautiful! There isn't a bad thing to say about it. My matron of honor and I even stayed in the Manor House the night before the wedding. Everyone that works there was so helpful. My husband, father, and groomsmen went clay shooting the day of the rehearsal and really enjoyed it. I can't speak highly enough about Rose Hill. You will be so happy you had your wedding here. I wish I could have wedding there every year!!

Wedding Venue- Rose Hill Plantation

Reviewed on 1/21/2015 Leigh W

I chose Rose Hill Plantation for both my rehearsal dinner and wedding venue. I knew when I began my search, that I wanted a central location for all of my out of town guests. From the moment I went for the initial tour, I fell in love with this venue. It is absolutely gorgeous... Read More and the videos online do not do it justice! Nicole was so helpful in every step of the planning process, and she even provided me with a list of preferred vendors to use! It offered a great starting point for me to reference. They also have a variety of packages to choose from, depending on your budget. And the food... to die for! All of my guests are still talking about how wonderful the food was! The staff and management team go above and beyond to ensure that your guests are taken care of and that you are 100% satisfied. I could not have had a more perfect wedding and it's all thanks to Rose Hill Plantation. If you are looking for a venue with true southern charm and elegance, Rose Hill is your place! Professionalism at it's best!

A Hidden Gem!

Reviewed on 6/03/2014

My husband and I got married at Rose Hill on May 25, 2014, and could not have imagined having our wedding at a more beautiful venue. The Rose Hill grounds, manor house, and reception hall are all immaculately well-kept, and the employees are some of the most accommodating,... Read More organized, and friendly people we have ever worked with! Walter, the Property Manager, not only helped us work within our budget, he helped us create a wedding that was completely unique to us. He personally picked up the special NC craft beers we requested for our open bar, worked with us in the design and set-up of the reception hall, and was so patient through our endless questions and requests in the last couple of weeks before the big day. Nicole, another employee at Rose Hill, was also a huge help in finalizing all of the details and in helping us coordinate our rehearsal and wedding day. In fact, the entire staff at Rose Hill is incredible! My husband and I were worried that we would not have time to eat during the reception, but that was not an issue at all, since 2 waiters/waitresses immediately brought plates and plates of food to our sweetheart table the moment we sat down! And don't even get me started on the food! It was all absolutely delicious! We went with the 3 dinner stations + 5 passed hors d'oeuvre option and had MANY guests tell us how fantastic the food was! There were options for every guest, including vegetarian, gluten-free, nut-free, etc. When we went up to our wedding suite in the manor house after the wedding was over, we were pleasantly surprised to find to-go boxes full of all of the delicious food. Honestly, there is not one complaint we have about this venue. Despite its somewhat inconvenient location in Nashville, NC (as we live in Raleigh), we would recommend this venue to any couples looking to get married locally or looking for a destination wedding location. The cost was perfect for our budget and much more affordable than many of the other "Southern" venues in the Triangle area, and the ceremony site and reception hall are both stunningly gorgeous. Thanks to Walter, Nicole, and the Rose Hill crew for creating such a memorable night for us!!

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Terry W

We could not have asked for a more beautiful venue or amazing staff! Nicole was so easy to work with and the staff at Rose Hill made her dream wedding come true. It is not often you find a beautiful setting and have delicious food as well. Several guests said they had the best... Read More steak ever. I would highly recommend Rose Hill as the place to go for any special occasion. Just fantastic!

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 Meredith D

I could not say enough about how much this place means to me! Wonderful staff who were always a quick phone call away and willing to help the entire year of our engagement. On our wedding day, it rained and we had a small window of no rain. The staff wiped off every chair so... Read More that I could have my dream of walking down the manor house front stairs. Amazing food, beautiful scenery, and helping hands all over! Rose Hill is incredible all around and I wouldn't change a thing about this stunning venue!

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 Kerri M

I wish I could give them 10 stars. We toured 9 venues before we looked at Rose Hill. Before the visit was over we knew it was the perfect venue. They have a lot of amenities included, which helped us plan. Nicole was an absolute dream to work with. She was very helpful through... Read More every step of the planning process. She had timely responses and gave us tons of advice. The venue is breathtaking, the food is delicious and the coordination was amazing. I cannot say enough about how wonderful of a day it was thanks to Rose Hill!

Reviewed on 4/20/2017 Matt S

They were amazing! I was so worried about it raining on my wedding day and Nicole assured me it would be a beautiful wedding regardless. Luckily, it did not rain but even if it had, I know they would have done a fabulous job! My friends and family were so impressed by the... Read More beautiful grounds, impeccable service, and AMAZING food! My husband and I could not have been more pleased with our dreamy, southern wedding. I cannot say enough nice things about this wonderful venue!

Reviewed on 8/14/2016 Amy W

Rose Hill Plantation was the perfect choice for my wedding! My husband and I knew we needed to move quickly after our engagement in order to choose a wedding venue, so please note that they will be booked quickly in about a year in advance if you are looking for a Saturday... Read More wedding. Nicole was my contact person and she was amazing. I know I probably sent her tons of emails and she was always there to answer each of my questions in detail. Toward the wedding time she even organized a day of timeline with a breakdown of pricing. This was super helpful! When my husband and I visited the location, Walter was also very helpful to us. Our chosen ceremony location was the gazebo and Walter made sure to suggest that we keep an eye on the level of the sun about a year out from our wedding date...this way we could choose a ceremony time where our guests wouldn't have the sun in their faces. This venue also has a rain option so no need to rent a tent (which those can be super expensive). Everything about the place is gorgeous...the landscaping, house, reception location. All of our guests commented on how beautiful the place was and how amazing the food is. The on-site chef was amazing! His hors d'oeuvres were mouth watering and the food was outstanding. In fact, when my husband and I went for our tasting I almost got teary-eyed from how good the crab cakes were! Don't worry about missing out on having the hors d'oeuvres the day of...during the cocktail hour/picture time, Rose Hill had waiters there to give us hors d'oeuvres and drinks (I don't think I've heard of that happening anywhere else). Rose Hill also works closely with the rental company, Party Reflections and this made everything run super smoothly. When we were trying to choose other vendors for our wedding, Nicole gave us a list of preferred vendors. She also had wonderful suggestions for on-site hair and makeup. Thank you Nicole, Walter and the Rose Hill staff for helping with our special day!

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Macie K

We are from the Raleigh, NC area and looked at many venues in the Raleigh, Durham and Wake Forest areas. My daughter wanted a venue for an outside wedding with a backup plan if we had to move inside because of bad weather. Rose Hill Plantation had it all and was the perfect... Read More place. From the very first phone call Nicole Marion worked so hard to make her wedding day a true fairy tale wedding!! Nicole was always accommodating and such a sweetheart to work with making this whole wedding process so easy. The facility is truly amazing and is a one stop venue. We were able to host the Rehearsal Dinner, Wedding, and Reception all in one place. Our guests came as faraway as Norway and said it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever attended. Although there were many wonderful attendants during the Rehearsal Dinner and Wedding there are a few that I would like to recognize. 1) Nicole Marion is so professional and puts everyone at ease with her sweet personality. I cannot thank her enough for all her help! She is AWESOME!! 2) Steve was there from the moment my Director and I got there to decorate before the Rehearsal Dinner until we left at 11:00 p.m. after the Wedding reception. What a true gentleman and asset he is!! 3) Dawn was just amazing! I just loved her personality and she was such a hard worker throughout the Rehearsal Dinner and the Wedding making sure everyone was taken care of!! I just love her and she will forever hold a special place in my heart!! Rose Hill Plantation is truly a gem!!!

Reviewed on 3/23/2016

Our wedding was March 19, 2016 and words cannot express how wonderful it was. From the very beginning stages of planning, the staff was patient and accomodating to our every need. The venue was perfect and well manicured all the way to the street. Our guests raved about the... Read More food and staff! Over the top great in every detail. NOT ONE COMPLAINT! I would highly recommend this venue for any event and very grateful to the staff for making it a dream come true for my son and his new bride!! Vicki and Frank Thompson

The PERFECT wedding!

Reviewed on 12/04/2015 Lauren S

A few paragraphs of wonderful things to say will never amount to how wonderful Rose Hill Plantation was to us! I first attended a wedding with my sister at Rose Hill 4-5 years ago, as babysitters for 4 children of the family (all of which who were in the wedding). I knew,... Read More right then, when we pulled up to the Manor House at Rose Hill, that I would plan my wedding one day at this amazing venue. My husband, Seth, and I had our rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony, and wedding reception at Rose Hill Plantation and all were EQUALLY amazing!!! From the food, the service from staff, and the hospitality, Rose Hill set the standards high. Nicole Marion, the wedding coordinator for Rose Hill, is absolutely phenomenal and I couldn't have asked for a better person to work with! She was always so approachable and flexible in scheduling in-person appointments, as well as phone calls to discuss any questions or concerns we had. And trust me, we had Nicole's email and phone number memorized, and she was always there when we needed her! Our wedding was magical and everything and more than we could have ever asked for. Nicole and her staff at Rose Hill put this bride and groom (and our entire bridal party and family) at ease with NO stress whatsoever. We could go on and on! Thank you so much to everyone at Rose Hill. You have outdone yourselves and provided us with the best day of our lives with so many lasting memories!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015

The venue is gorgeous with multiple options for ceremony and reception, including a rainy day plan. The food and service were fantastic !!! We dropped a few unexpected requests on them both a couple weeks before the wedding and at the reception and they were met promptly and... Read More without any hassle.Additionally, they recommended a vendor to provide shuttle transportation and he worked out great. No wedding at a beautiful venue like this one is "cheap" however I can say every dime was well spent and we could not have asked for a better, hassle free day. Nicole, thank you !!

Reviewed on 8/05/2015

From Father and Mother of the Bride. 2nd wedding for us and this was by far the best experience. Service, facilities, staff and food was top notch. Comments from guests after the wedding said it all! Best food ever, especially the filet! Nicole accomodated all of our requests... Read More and was always available for questions. I would recommend this venue to everyone! Even the rehearsal dinner was top notch!

Reviewed on 5/26/2015 Brittany E

My husband and I got married on May 16, 2015 at the beautiful Rose Hill Plantation! We knew that Rose Hill was our first choice the second we found it online on our search for a venue. It seemed to be everything we were looking for and more! When we actually visited the venue in... Read More person for the first time, our original impression was confirmed! The grounds, Manor House, and Nathan Hall (reception hall) are immaculately well-kept and picturesque! There are so many options for ceremony and reception sites and they are all equally beautiful! (We chose to have our ceremony on the front steps of the Manor House and our reception in Nathan Hall.) The staff is so kind and helpful! Walter, the property manager, was very accommodating throughout the whole process and helped make our decisions easy (which is not always the case, since we are a very indecisive couple!) Nicole, the wedding sales manager, couldn’t have been sweeter! She was so patient with my many emails, questions, and requests throughout the months prior to the wedding! The waiters and waitresses were very attentive and so friendly! The minute our ceremony was over, the wait staff was walking around with a plethora of hors d’oeuvres! At other wedding venues I have been to, the guests are usually searching for the hors d’oeuvres, but this was definitely not the case! They also provided the wedding party with food during our pictures! The service was equally as great during the reception! My husband and I were looking forward to dinner (the food we tasted at the tasting was so delicious!). We chose stations for our meal (Baja Grill, American Station, and Slider Station). Food from each station was immediately brought to my husband and I so we would not have to walk through the stations. The food was AMAZING! Every single one of our guests commented on how delicious it was! Also, the sweetest waitress (I wish I remembered her name!) constantly checked up on us throughout the night and replaced our drinks without us even asking! We were so pleased with how our wedding day turned out! Our families and friends were so impressed with everything and even mentioned that our venue looked like it came right out of a magazine! Walter, Nicole, and the Rose Hill staff helped make our wedding a day that we will never forget!!

Hidden Treasure

Reviewed on 3/23/2015 Shaunna E

When we started looking for a venue, we knew we wanted an outdoor wedding, but wanted a place that had a rain back up. Rose Hill is a hidden treasure. Rose Hill is a one stop venue! We have planned to have our rehearsal dinner at the Smokehouse, ceremony at the Manor, cocktail... Read More hour on the porch in front of the water, and the reception at Nathan Hall. We are still in the planning process, and are getting married May 2016. But Walter and Nicole have been nothing but helpful and patient. There is a lot that goes into planning a wedding, but the staff at Rose Hill have truly helped and have taken the stress out of planning. If you are looking for a one of a kind venue that your guest will be talking about, then you should go with Rose Hill! We can't wait for our big day.

Beautiful Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 11/08/2014 Laura H

I absolutely LOVED everything about Rose Hill. The staff is so attentive and Walter and his wedding coordinators are there for every detail. The food was amazing and miles above typical wedding banquet food. In addition to the great staff, the location is amazing. They have... Read More everything you could ask for with the lake, gazebo, swans, plantation style house, and an elegant ballroom with plenty of space. I would recommend this venue to anyone!

My Dreams Came True!

Reviewed on 10/13/2014 Heather S

This venue could not have been more perfect for our wedding! Walter, Nicole and the rest of the staff are absolutely amazing! I had my dream wedding here and I could not have asked for a better place or better people to make it so special!! They made everything so easy to plan... Read More and organize! I had no problems visiting the venue multiple times to make sure we were ready to go for the big day! Nicole was there every step of the way during the wedding itself to make sure we had everything we needed during setup and throughout the evening. The food was delicious and the weather was perfect! Thank you so much for such a wonderful, unforgettable day!!

Rose Hill Plantation

Reviewed on 9/14/2014

Rose Hill Plantation is the perfect wedding venue. From the first time we walked into the office over year ago to begin planning, until we left the wedding reception last night.... it was perfection. There was absolutely nothing that could have made our daughter's wedding more... Read More special than entrusting it to the expertise of Walter, Nicole and their amazing staff! The wedding weekend began with a delicious rehearsal dinner in the Smoke House, ceremony at the gazebo, cocktail hour in the Manor House and spectacular plated dinner reception in Nathan Hall! It was truly a fairy tale wedding in all aspects. We were made to feel that our wedding was as special to them as it was to us! I cannot express enough thanks to the staff of Rose Hill for making our daughter's wedding unbelievable! Thanks and more thanks! Vicky Helms Mother of the Bride

Emerson Wedding

Reviewed on 9/05/2014

Rose Hill Plantation was an awesome venue! Everyone was so nice. They are very accommodating with what we wanted. Communication was a little issue but all in all very good people to work with! ....by the way these were also my caterers Rose Hill also catered so they technically... Read More should be counted twice! Food was AWESOME!

Beautiful!

Reviewed on 5/29/2014 Sarah E

Rose Hill is such a unique, picture perfect venue! If you are looking for a garden, vintage or plantation style wedding, go to Rose Hill. Walter and Nicole are very easy to work with and make the process stress-free! We had our ceremony and reception there which was perfect. No... Read More need for hiring transportation, you can get ready there and stay the night too The food was amazing too!

Beautiful place

Reviewed on 10/23/2013 Yana B

We were very please with the work of Rose Hill Plantation! It was a pleasure to work with Walter and they were so flexible with us. Of course there were some things that were not coordinated with us beforehand but it did not spoil the atmosphere. Would highly recommend the... Read More place!

Rose Hill is Perfect!!!

Reviewed on 8/28/2013 Jessica C

I recently just got married at Rose Hill Planation, and it was perfect! Walter and his staff were such a huge help with the planning to making sure our wedding day was stunning. Throughout the entire day, I had guests to come tell me that it was the best wedding they have ever... Read More been to, due to the venue and the catering. Rose Hill certainly does not disappoint when it comes to their food as well, everything was amazing for our buffet. Rose Hill staff made sure all of the guests were happy and having a great time as well, which was very important to me. I would not recommend getting married anywhere else, but Rose Hill because they have everything you may need or want in a wedding. Two thumbs up to Rose Hill!!!

An Eastern NC Gem

Reviewed on 8/20/2013 Emily W

What can I say? Rose Hill (and Walter plus his staff) made my wedding day dream a reality. Even before getting engaged, I knew that Rose Hill was where I wanted to get married. And the first thing I did after getting engaged was book Rose Hill. I didn't even need to look at... Read More other venues. It is absolutely breathtaking and will wow your guests. Most people have never visited Rose Hill and many will never have another reason to do so. Being born and raised in Charlotte, NC I'm not stranger to amazing wedding venues - but Rose Hill outshines them all. We got married on the front steps of the plantation house in front of 200 guests but there are other options if you're not willing to chance rain. Luckily for me, it was the most gorgeous April day in 2013. Though I'm pretty sure if Walter had the ability he would have given me the weather forecast of my choice. Immediately following the ceremony, there was a cocktail hour in the house. Unfortunately we were unable to go to the cocktail because we had pictures that needed to be taken. But I heard it was the best part of the reception - so sad I missed it! If there was anything "bad" I could say, it would be that I didn't get to taste the passed hors d'oeuvres. The reception took place in Nathan Hall and was transformed into a fairy tale-like room. We had a live band (Hip Pocket Band) that kept the guests dancing late into the night. Instead of a seated dinner, we had stations but the food wasn't the buffet-quality you may assume. It was delicious!!!!! We're lucky enough to live in Nashville, NC so we've dined at Rose Hill on many occasions and we've never been disappointed. To top if off, we had pecan pie and banana pudding to accompany our cake. At the end of the night, we were able to simply walk to our room in the main house (no need for a hotel!) where there was champagne and food for us to sip and eat. It was the perfect opportunity to unwind after a whirlwind of a day. At any point during the day if I needed Walter (or any of his staff) they literally were there. I never had to go looking for someone to ask a question to. During the planning process, I was never told "no" - they found a way to make my wishes a reality. Additionally, Walter never got frustrated with the crazy questions that the bride (me) and her mommma asked. I can't recommend Rose Hill enough as a place for a wedding (or any other event). Service unlike any other. And a view that will make you think you're in paradise.

Absolutely Amazing!

Reviewed on 11/15/2012 Lizbeth C

From the very beginning Walter was very helpful. One visit to a wedding show and we fell in love with this location. We visited the Rose Hill Plantation very early on and had in the forefront of our minds that this was the place for our wedding. We still went and visited... Read More other locations from the Triangle out towards the Outer Banks. No other place compared, in beauty and elegance or even value! The landscape is gorgeous. The entrance is enchanting with its long drive covered by towering trees. We have beautiful pictures thanks to the layout and design of the place. More than pleased with the Rose Hill Plantation and will be recommending it to friends from now on! Once you visit, you will not want to visit other places. We got married at the gazebo on the lake. The swans came up and made for very beautiful pictures as our photographer stated that one spread its wings almost in the shape of a heart as we did our prayer.

Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 11/04/2012 Caroline F

Rose Hill Plantation is somewhere I always dreamed of getting married. When we got engaged and went to Rose Hill I knew I didn't need to look at a single other venue! This place is beautiful!! Walter was very helpful with working with me to accommodate the desires I had for our... Read More ceremony and reception! Even the day before when I was worried my guests at the tables outside would be too cold when the sun went down, Walter went out and purchased nice standing heaters! Our wedding day was perfect!! The food was amazing! My guests have been raving about how beautiful it was and how good they ate!!