Rosy's Jazz Hall

New Orleans, LA

Truly LEGENDARY New Orleans Weddings

Many remember Rosy’s from its heyday in the 1970’s as a music venue. It is now host to legendary weddings and receptions with on site catering. Rosy's features an old New Orleans ambiance, with hardwood floors, brick walls, an outdoor patio, and an indoor atrium with a French Quarter-style balcony.

• Ceremony Area

Ballroom

Destination Weddings, Planning

500 Valence St, New Orleans, LA (504) 896-7679

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Cherie L

We had a church wedding and then followed with our reception at Rosy's Jazz Hall. Darlene made me feel completely at ease with the entire process - I was able to bring in some of my own special decor items and make it feel unique to us, which was important to me. The stage is... Read More also SO IDEAL for live music - very old school, retro feeling, and we had a blast with our friends' band playing. Everyone was raving about the food, the drinks and fun bartenders, the beautiful atmosphere of the venue, and how overall unique the experience was. Our out-of-town guests, many of who were experiencing a Southern wedding for the first time, got an absolute kick out of all of it. A few other smaller things - we had a daytime wedding and I initially chose Rosy's because I loved the atrium and how you didn't feel like you were going in to a black-hole-wedding-reception-venue where you walk out, blinking your eyes. The daylight and the greenery really contributed to the ambience of our daytime celebration. Another thing - I loved that all of the food is simply taken care of. And it's SO GOOD. Not having to worry about a caterer was such a big perk for us. Lastly, the location makes it so easy for guests in cars. As someone who had a lot of family driving in from nearby, not dealing with the French Quarter was a big part of my decision to go with Rosy's initially - and there is no lack of character here! I would choose this venue over and over again for our wedding. It was perfect!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Amy G

I can't even start to express my gratitude towards Steve and Darlene for creating the absolute perfect wedding for us. It honestly exceeded our expectations; not only is the venue honestly the most beautiful venue I've EVER seen, but the entire operation was a well oiled... Read More machine. There's no one I would trust to pull off such a production more than Darlene, and we feel so lucky we had the opportunity to have her with us throughout the process, right by our sides. The vendors were contacted and coordinated by Darlene the week prior, and she even reviewed contracts before as we were honing in on vendors. At the wedding, she let me know that she's "the only person who wears a watch," and did her best to keep an icy cocktail in my hand throughout the night. After the reception, she had all of the things we had to take from the venue all packed and ready to go, and most importantly, made sure it got to the right people (God knows I couldn't be trusted with that at that point). They truly made us feel special and attended to throughout everything. All of our guests were raving about the uniqueness of the hall, and the delicious food. The bartenders were efficient and awesome, I could tell they were having fun with us, and that meant a lot. They made this process an absolute breeze; all I had to do was show up and have a blast.

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Erica P

Amazing, beautiful venue. Darlene and Steve are great. Darlene's attention to detail and know all take so much pressure and stress off the bride. The place has a great old New Orleans feel and requires little to no decorations. Everyone had a blast at our wedding. The food and... Read More drinks were flowing, and there were plenty table and chairs (lack of seating being a personal pet peeve at weddings). Highly, highly recommend.

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Brittany W

I cannot say enough good things about this reception hall. I worked at a wedding reception hall for years, so with my experience I was very picky and had high expectations. Rosy's has completely outdone themselves. Steve got back to me on every email, phone call within hours.... Read More Darlene was a general and had everything organized to the minute, she lined up my vendors and took care of everything for the day of. The staff was so friendly, and they were working a double that day. In that industry, doubles are so exhausting! It was the little things we appreciated, for example, during our second line all of the staff came out and waived at us, throwing streamers in the air, clapping and making sure we had fun. They genuinely looked excited for us. There was always a tray being passed around, no one went hungry. I never had to ask for a drink or a bottle of water. The food was 5 star restaurant quality, nothing was frozen and dumped into a fryer. My guests were raving on how good the food was. The best part about the food was that we actually got to eat it!! Darlene whisked us away upstairs to give us a breather and there was a table set for two. Besides the service and the food, the venue itself is just gorgeous. I wanted a vintage New Orleans feel, with the band we hired it was like we were thrown back in time to a 1940's Jazz club. It was perfect, my vision came to life. I could seriously go on and on about this company. I would definitely recommend Rosy's

2016-09-28T13:57:26 Response from the vendor

Wow, Thanks for a stellar review! The double went really well I thought. Everything re set and clean for you and your guests. Thanks again for choosing Rosy's!

Reviewed on 8/01/2016 Emily B

Darlene and Steve were incredible. Darlene acts as an on-site wedding coordinator, and she is very helpful and responsive well before the day-of. She contacts all vendors, collects information easily, and is one of the friendliest and warmest people I got to work with during our... Read More wedding. She knows the business inside and out - and basically any band, florist, baker, etc. in NOLA - so you are set! Steve has a chef's background and the food is awesome. Get in there. Would highly recommend Rosy's - it's the perfect combination of casual and classy. They were really flexible and take great care of you (especially getting you some food, a quick moment before you see all your guests, etc.) Very NOLA feel and affordable. Loved every minute.

Reviewed on 7/12/2016 Nicole D

We couldn't have picked a better venue. Darlene and Steve were so helpful and were there to answer any questions quickly and offer suggestions on planning. We wanted a fun venue with character and this was perfect. We had several guests in from out of town and they have been... Read More raving about the friendliness of the staff and they can't stop talking about the food. I loved that I didn't have to sweat too much over decor and that it was all inclusive. Darlene kept us on schedule the whole time but also ensured we had fun. We couldn't have been happier.

Reviewed on 6/27/2016 Laura S

I was SO happy and pleased with everything at Rosy's! Darlene and Steve were extremely responsive to any questions and they made the night move so seamlessly. I do not have one complaint..my guests had a great time, the food was phenomenal and the atmosphere was just what we... Read More wanted- a fun party with old hollywood glam. It was just wonderful. I was a little worried because we had around 80 guests and some would be standing during the ceremony, but the way the venue is arranged no one felt left out and it made the ceremony space seem so intimate. I planned my wedding from Texas, but it was no stress because everything you need is already at Rosy's. I would get married here all over again..compared to the other venues we toured in NOLA no one came close to Rosy's atmosphere or pricing. What a great place!

Reviewed on 6/07/2016 Caroline C

Had my wedding here on 5/29/16. Everything went flawlessly. Darlene and Steve really know how to do the perfect wedding. Staff was great and I really can't think of anything negative to say at all. Great time had by all! I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed on 5/02/2016

We fell in love with Rosy's the second we saw it and Steve, Darlene and the staff delivered an absolutely perfect evening! Our daughter and son-in-law glowed all night and they are still glowing today. The food was great and Darlene simply took control of everything and... Read More handled it easily and flawlessly. She is the top of the heap! All in all, wedding perfection!!

Reviewed on 4/18/2016 Michelle F

Rosy's was AMAZING!!! I have zero complaints. I have always been overwhelmed by planning a wedding and my wedding being "too much," and I can't even express how perfect Rosy's ended up being for me. Beautiful, laid back, so fun. Darlene was absolutely wonderful and pretty much... Read More took care of everything. She thought of things I NEVER would have thought of and was up for anything and super supportive of everything we wanted to do. I am still glowing from my wedding and I honestly don't think I would have been as satisfied anywhere else.

Reviewed on 4/03/2016 Kate G

Chris and I could not have picked a more perfect place to have our wedding! From the start Steve and Darlene were quick to respond and had lots of options. Our guests all commented on how beautiful the hall was and how wonderful the staff was. Food was the BEST! Specially... Read More the fried oysters. Yum! Bartenders kept the drinks flowing wonderfully too. Darlene is so amazing! She was very organized and calm and thought of all the little details that even this A type personality bride didn't think of 😊 she worked with all our vendors and made our night totally stress free and a ton of fun. I highly recommend Rosy's!

Reviewed on 2/01/2016 Caroline S

My husband and I loved working with Darlene at Rosy's Jazz Hall. She was super organized, incredibly kind and helpful. The venue is lovely for a smaller wedding. There was plenty of space to dance and party, but also good areas to get away from the crowd and relax. I would... Read More highly recommend using them for your event!

Reviewed on 12/26/2015

Rosy's was incredible!! I could not have asked for nicer people to work with. Darlene is a superstar. She was there every step of the way recommending other vendors and providing guidance on how to make the day go smoothly. The atrium provided such a beautiful space to have... Read More our ceremony and our pictures look incredible. Looking up and seeing your family and friends standing around the top balcony was truly special. This venue is also wonderful because it is very inclusive - food, plates and flatware, tables, linens, lighting for the band, bar, servers, etc. New Orleans was a destination wedding for me and it was so comforting knowing that Darlene and Steve were handling big pieces of the wedding day. LOVE LOVE LOVE ROSY'S!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 jessica a

WOW! We had our wedding here and were 150% satisfied. Darlene and Steve were incredibly easy to work with throughout the whole process and boy do they know what they are doing! The reception was the least stressful part of my wedding because I knew it was in good hands with... Read More them. Everything went so smoothly. The food at Rosy's is amazingly delicious & not to mention fresh! the venue speaks for itself - absolutely beautiful and full of character. I can't believe how perfect everything was and I would love to do it all over again! Thanks Darlene and Steve for making our wedding the best day of our lives! Book Rosy's you will not be disappointed - they deserve 20 stars :)

Reviewed on 10/20/2015

I loved absolutely everything about Rosy's. Steve is great to work with on your initial meet and greet. He is such a nice guy and so easy to work with. Once you get started you begin working with Darlene who is AMAZING! As an out of town bride Darlene could not have... Read More possibly done more to make this an easy process for me. She is a free coordinator and she coordinates absolutely everything! The week prior to my wedding she was in contact with our different vendors and entertainment. I didn't have to worry about a thing! Rosy's is an amazing place. The only decorations needed are flowers! The building itself has so much character! My guests raved about the building, the food and the staff! It has been 4 months since our event and people are still talking about how much they loved it! After looking into multiple venues I am so glad that I chose Rosy's. A lot of other places charge you the majority of your money for just the venue rental. Then you have to pay separately for food, alcohol, tables, chairs, etc... Rosy's takes care of all of that for one price that you cannot beat. I cannot express how much appreciation I have for Rosy's and their entire staff. My wedding was absolutely perfect in every possible way and I really owe that all to Rosy's!

Labor Day Wedding Perfection!

Reviewed on 10/01/2015 Kayla H

From the moment we went to look at Rosy's to our wedding day (and even the day after) Darlene and Steve were amazing in every way. They easily subbed items on the menu, worked with our requests and offered advice to any questions we had. The place itself is gorgeous. We had... Read More our ceremony in the atrium and it couldn't have been more perfect. The reception room is great as well and looks gorgeous decorated and set up. Darlene is wonderfully talented. She handles vendors, families and the bride and groom with ease. She's done many weddings and knows what works. The planner she sends is amazingly helpful and the day of Darlene is the most calming presence. The food is great- not stereotypical wedding food at all. Everything is hot and delicious. Rosy's is the most amazing venue. I can't say enough about it and would tell everyone and anyone to book it ASAP!

Reviewed on 9/05/2015

Darlene (wedding coordinator) and Steve (owner) are masters of their craft. My husband and I got married there on 8/1/15 and all of our guests raved about the venue, food (said it was the best wedding food they have EVER had) and drinks. It has a cute courtyard area for some... Read More outdoor space, flexible and affordable menu options, and the staff was simply 5 star. Darlene has done hundreds of weddings which really put us at ease. She knows her stuff and she knows what it takes to put on a successful, seamless event. She was quick to respond to all communication, was extremely professional and truly made us feel like she cared about us and the success of our event. We definitely didn't feel like we were just another couple on the schedule getting married and a very personalized experience. Get married at Rosy's Jazz Hall for that authentic, New Orleans wedding that your guests will talk about for time to come. We are SO happy we did!

Reviewed on 8/12/2015 Valessia L

Rosy's Jazz Hall was the perfect! We planned our New Orleans wedding from New York City without visiting once but Steve and Darlene were an absolute dream. They worked with us every step of the way on our non traditional wedding making sure that we got EVERYTHING WE WANTED! We... Read More threw them for a loop from the very beginning but they never told us no, and isn't that the most important thing when your planning a wedding? They accommodated us in every way from providing special meals for all of our guests many dietary needs to praying away the rain so we could have our perfect outdoor ceremony. But by far the most impressive thing they did was get an injured wedding guest off of the premises via ambulance with no sirens and no one knowing but the few people who were present when she fell. I didn't even find out until the next morning. All said and done, the venue is beautiful, the food is terrific and Darlene and Steve are truly wonderful people. I will be thankful to them for the rest of my life!

Reviewed on 5/20/2015 Josie D

Rosy's is perfect! The atmosphere, the staff, the food-perfection. Every single guest at our wedding had the best time and it was all because of excellent service we received. Darlene and Steve were amazing through all the planning. I worried about nothing on my wedding day.... Read More Every part of the day was organized and executed seamlessly. If you're looking for ease, fun and perfection, you're looking for Rosy's!

One of a Kind

Reviewed on 5/01/2015 Jenna R

Rosy's truly is one of a kind! Steve and Darlene are so passionate about the history and character. They made the whole process as easy and low stress as possible and were available for us every step of the way. And when it came to the actual day, everything went perfectly, down... Read More to the last detail, and our guests had such a blast that they had to be kicked off the dance floor ;) Thank you for an unforgettable and legendary event!

The Best Time...The Best Place

Reviewed on 4/22/2015 Kim T

So first of all – kidnap Darlene. There will be other couples out there that need her services but don’t fall for the trap. This girl is so good you’ll want to keep her for your newborn’s 1st birthday, the subsequent high school graduation, and your 25th anniversary party.... Read More Steve and the rest of the staff were absolutely flawless. They said what they did and did what they said. Every “I” dotted, every “t” crossed. And the guests are still talking about the food, the venue and the band. What a night! Many thanks to this quality organization. You won’t find any better.

Greatest Reception Ever!

Reviewed on 2/18/2015 Lindsey H

We had our wedding reception at Rosy's just last month and I literally could not be happier with this place. We both walked in to see it last year and both my fiance and I just knew this was the place. I love the french quarter feel inside and the very historic building that it... Read More is located in. I recommend getting a band because they have a stage seperate from the dance floor and it just makes you feel like you are at your very own concert. The food was amazing along with the service. Bartenders were quick. There was never a line. Darlene and Steve are pretty awesome themselves. I am sad my wedding is over! I could have a party there everyday if I could!

"The Best Wedding Ever" as we heard from everyone who attended

Reviewed on 2/09/2015 Mary

I really can not say enough about Darlene and Steve. The venue was perfect for our destination wedding. Most of our guests were from out of town so the food and the venue really gave that New Orleans feel that they loved. The food was plentiful and delish!! We are not a... Read More young couple and like us, our guests have been to more weddings that we can count and every single person said it was the best wedding the the most personality they had ever attended. We had 150 guests ranging from age 4 to age 90 and Darlene took care of each and every one of them. I was worried about the guests standing during the ceremony in the beautiful atrium...they all loved the balcony and looking over the ceremony, I was worried that the band would be too loud for the space...the atrium is turned to seating where guests can see everything that is going on but be able to talk to each other, I was worried about the flow..Darlene and Steve had that down to a science..so really there was nothing to worry about!! Some tips: We hired a shuttle to bring the guests to and from the quarter. Everyone really appreciated this and it helped the wedding start and end on time with a full house!! Seriously, do not worry about anything because Darlene and Steve will take care of it! I am not one to write reviews so for me to take the time to do this really counts for something! For a fun, unique, amazing wedding you can not go wrong with Rosys!!

Great venue, awesome staff!

Reviewed on 1/05/2015 Heather N

We had both our ceremony and reception at Rosy's. I cannot say enough great things about the venue, and about Steve and Darlene. They were so helpful throughout the entire planning process. Darlene contacted all of our vendors the week of our wedding and coordinated times for... Read More them to arrive/set up.The night of the wedding we literally just had to show up. Our band leader said that was amazing - that in past weddings he's had to contact the venue and other vendors to make sure everyone is on top of everything. Steve and Darlene literally took care of everything, and made sure we had everything we needed throughout the night. Rosy's is such a cool space - our local and out-of-town guests are still talking about it! It's one of the more affordable wedding venues in the city and definitely one of the coolest. Book your wedding at Rosy's!

Authentically New Orleans

Reviewed on 12/11/2014 Kassandra N

I had my dream wedding at Rosy's Jazz Hall. If you are looking for elegant, classy originality this is your place. Rosy's comes alive at night and invites you to party like there is no tomorrow. Our guest were delighted with the atmosphere, the food was delicious and the... Read More bartenders-awwweeeessomme. The staff made sure that my husband and I were taken care of from the moment we arrived until we got in car to leave. I would recommend Rosy's Jazz Hall if you want a wedding that will be remembered for years to come.