Rouge Events and Design

Rouge Events and Design is a full service event planning company. We work closely with our clients to create unique, special, and stress free events. All packages are custom to your event and budget. We offer full service, design, month of coordination, day of coordination, and many more services.

Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

A la Carte Wedding Planning, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

Saint Peters, MO (314) 707-0178

Reviewed on 3/15/2017 Hannah G

Words can't express our gratitude for Katie Hackmann and staff with Rouge Events and Design. We hired Rouge for the services of day of coordination, design and floral for my daughters 3/11/17 ceremony and reception held at Windows on Washington. We had a very large guest count... Read More half of which came in from out of state. Katie went above and beyond to ensure that my daughters day was just what she wanted and worked and coordinated with several vendors to make the day what it was. Katie has a real personal style that is comforting. My daughter was sad to say goodbye to her at the end of the night. I do believe that the day wouldn't have been half of what it was without Rouge Events involved and it was nothing more than magical. Even more, Katie was 34 weeks pregnant at our event and she did not miss a beat. She is truly amazing and i would highly recommend her service to anyone hosting a special event.

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Cat P

Katie was an absolute dream to work with! She served as our "month-of" coordinator but really did so much more than that description entailed. Katie met with me several times and always handled my urgent requests and modifications with professionalism and timeliness. She... Read More corresponded with the vendors that I had selected and kept me informed and updated. There was no stress, no delays, no surprises on my big day. It could not have run smoother. Katie's team was a huge support to my florist and caterers as well. They kept everything running efficiently with over 200 out-of-state guests. I most appreciate Katie's willingness and insistence to help me complete my last minute DIY projects...so beyond the scope of what she was contracted to do. You'll be in great hands with someone who genuinely cares about making sure that your wedding is the best day of your life! Thanks again! -Cat Cross

Reviewed on 11/12/2016 Ashley W

There aren't enough words to say how great Rouge Events and Designs truly is! Katie, listens to every word you say and turns them into everything you've ever wanted for your wedding! She has fantastic ideas and can actually make them happen. Our wedding day and the days... Read More leading up to it were so much easier with her help, we couldn't have done it without her! Most of all our flowers were the most gorgeous things ever! If you are looking for a wedding planner who absolutely loves her job, who actually gets to live her passion, then you need Rouge Events and Designs, with Katie! You will love everything and not have to worry about anything! You must have her do your flowers too!! You won't find anyone more caring and enthusiastic about your wedding, well except for yourself, than Rouge! Thank you Katie for making our special day even more special, you are amazing!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Whitney S

Katie was such a pleasure to work with and we are still in awe at how she was able to bring our Hispanic wedding vision to life. We used Katie for both the Month/Day of Planner and for our florals. From the start Katie was super easy to work with and was very relaxed which... Read More helped calm any nerves we had. She was willing to meet with us several times to ensure everything was coming together and helped with the final details of the wedding. In regards to the flowers and centerpieces she did an amazing job and was even able to incorporate succulents into the bouquets and centerpieces. I highly recommend Katie and her team for both planning and florals! Thanks again Katie!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Allison B

Katie did a wonderful job from start to finish with planning our wedding! There were so many times when I thought to myself I would have not been able to do this on my own, and Katie saved the day. I am so thankful for all she did throughout the wedding planning process and... Read More made it as stress free as possible all while keeping us on schedule. I definitely will be spreading the word on how amazing Rouge Events and Design is. If you need a reliable wedding planner for anything throughout the wedding planning, Katie is your go to!

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Christine L

I’m so glad we hired Katie. We would have been absolutely lost without her! My husband and I weren’t sure what we wanted as far as the venue, color scheme, etc. and Katie walked us through the whole process. She would narrow down vendor lists based on some of our rough details... Read More and would always let us bounce ideas off of her. She would provide suggestions and ideas, but was never pushy and assured us we were making good decisions along the way. The timeline she gave us at our first meeting helped make everything manageable and she would check in to make sure we were on track with our deadlines. She and the Rouge Events team also ordered and arranged all our flowers from the bouquets to the table settings and they looked beautiful! And having the use of her ‘borrow closet’ made everything so easy! There was only one issue with a vendor on the day of the wedding, but Katie took care of it without us even knowing. That's the type of excellent service you can expect from Rouge Events!

Reviewed on 9/12/2017 Ashley H

There are just not enough words to explain how amazing Katie is! She was extremely responsive from the minute we started planning the wedding with her, all the way up until the wedding was over! As a bride, I could not have felt more calm on my wedding day thanks to Katie. She... Read More relieved any and all stress and I felt 100% comfortable because I knew she had everything handled. She doesn't miss a thing! There is no way we could have pulled off such an amazing day without her. She completely nailed it! Not to mention, she is incredibly sweet and you will love working with her! I highly recommend Rouge Events and Design!

Reviewed on 8/27/2017 Lindsey S

Katie was amazing to work with, I couldn't recommend her any more! She was our month-of coordinator but helped throughout the process, making great recommendations and was always available for input and to answer questions. Since we were planning an out-of-state wedding and... Read More moving the same month, I honestly don't think I could have done it without her! She helped to coordinate all of our vendors so I didn't have to worry about any of the logistics and made sure there weren't any details that were overlooked, which was incredibly helpful considering how much goes into planning a wedding. I was a huge stresscase the week of the wedding, but Katie was so calm and made sure that everything went perfectly - picking up everything we had and dropping off with the venue and florist, taking care of the last minute things I forgot the day of the wedding, and so much more that was way above and beyond what was expected. I've been in several weddings where the bridal party and family has had to help with setting things up or last minute details, but because of her everyone - including myself - was able to fully enjoy the day. I seriously can't express how much I appreciated having her.

Reviewed on 12/14/2016 Erin W

Katie gave me nothing short of a dream wedding! I was a grad school student while planning my wedding. I knew there was no way I could handle planning a wedding while managing my full-time course load. Katie handled everything from designing the concept of our wedding to... Read More communicating with vendors to coordinating our wedding day. I would have been lost without her!! Katie was my wedding fairy godmother!!

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Amy Y

Hiring Katie was the best decision that I made while planning my wedding, hands down. I hired her about 2 years out from our wedding (we had a long engagement) and we chose full coordinator. It was the best decision we could have ever made. I think the most work I did was create... Read More a Pinterest board, which who doesn't love to do that?! Katie took my Pinterest board, talked to me about my vision for the wedding and made it happen. My wedding went from my Pinterest board to real life. Katie managed to find the perfect vendors, all of which were hidden gems. We honestly saved so much money by going with her because she kept us on budget and found great, quality vendors within our budget. Also, having her the day of literally took all of the pressure off of me and my husband. All we did was relax and enjoy the day! She kept everything on schedule, and made sure everything ran smoothly. Overall, my wedding was perfect and Katie definitely made that happen. She made sure everything was completed with plenty of time to make changes. She kept us, and our vendors on schedule from when we chose them to the day of. I can't even begin to describe how much Katie helped us and how great our day was because of her! I highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Colleen G

Rouge Events & Design are Amazing!! They were a complete Godsend through the entire wedding planning process and the entire day of my wedding. I honestly do not know what I would have done with their assistance! There are a million details in planning a wedding and so many... Read More things that didn't even cross my mind so I am forever grateful to Rouge Events. They took care of the flowers, center pieces, Church & reception decor, confirming details with all the vendors, timeline of events, making sure everything went as planned on our special day and tipping our vendors at the end of their services. All of our vendors, family, and wedding party all knew what to expect and everyone was on the same page which made the day run smoothly. My wedding and reception could not have gone any better and I owe that to Rouge Events & Design~ I cannot speak Highly enough about them!! We Love Rouge Events & Design :)

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Nicole M

My wedding was perfect thanks to Katie with rouge! She helped me out so much and helped bring my vision to life! My dad (father of the bride) said "she was the best money we spent and he would have paid her double", and he is a frugal man! I cannot thank them enough for... Read More everything!

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Ashley S

We worked with Katie from Rouge Events for our big day and she was fantastic. I met with Katie about 2 years before our event. She contacted me throughout those two years to check in and was available if I had any questions -- which was great since we have never planned a... Read More wedding before. About a month before wedding day, Katie invited us to her house to go over details. She was very well prepared and asked the right questions -- including some things we hadn't thought of. Katie and Rouge staff went above and beyond our expectations. Here are some examples: Our reception venue did not allow us to set up prior to the day of the wedding. Katie came to our house the week before and picked up all the decorations and stored them at her house until event day. She set up both the ceremony and reception venues beautifully. We had an arbor at our ceremony which she dissembled and delivered back to the vendor. During our reception, there was a miscommunication with the beer being served. Katie handled it and got the alcohol on site. She cleaned up the entire reception space afterwards and took home the decorations until we returned from our honeymoon and could pick them up from her. She made everything about that day run smoothly. Rouge was a delight to work with and made all the details of the wedding day come to life. The bridal party, family members, and guests were truly impressed by their professionalism and willingness to go above and beyond.

Reviewed on 8/06/2016 Megan M

Hiring Rouge Events was the best thing I could have done for my wedding! I worked with Katie and am already missing working with her! I wasn't sure about getting a planner but realized I needed help setting up and ended up hiring Rouge to not only coordinate starting about 6... Read More months out, but also for flowers and design. The planning aspect was so wonderful and alleviated so much stress. I am organized but busy and though I had booked most of my vendors, Katie was the point person for all of them and helped us think of details I would not have known about (or that would have overwhelmed me). She also recommended me to other vendors that I ended up needing (day of paper and a baker- she also picked those things up for me and brought them to the wedding!) I bought access to the "borrow closet" and am so glad I did! Katie has a sophisticated aesthetic and really helped bring my vision to a reality! I really trusted her taste and it paid off! Katie and her team decorated our ceremony space and reception space (same building- Neo on Locust) so flawlessly. Aaaand, Katie is a certified to do flowers! We went to the market and chose some beautiful flowers- she led me through everything and made awesome suggestions; she also was so great with budget and helped me avoid things that were cost prohibitive and lead me to other alternatives. Honestly, the flowers and the decor (I used all of hers) were breathtaking and so "us". We had a few consultation meetings to talk design but closer to the wedding, I knew I could count on Katie and her team to make some executive decisions, and boy I'm sure glad I did! Not only is Katie an EXCELLENT planner, she is so great at flowers and design as well! Over the years, she has procured really interesting and beautiful decor. She even was able to custom make a few things for me, as well! I'm so glad I hired her for the design aspect of my wedding as well. Her aesthetic is flawless yet she listens to your concepts and stays so true to them and offers wonderful ideas on how to execute them! My feelings about working with Rouge overall: Katie's demeanor is so pleasant. My husband was afraid of getting the movie/stereotypical overbearing planner. Katie has such a calming presence about her! She is very present and gets everything done, but really made the day about us. She let us do what we want but gave us great suggestions and recommendations as well. She is a wedding expert and is passionate about weddings, flowers, decor, etc and loves what she does. She is such a genuine and sweet person. We are not only so glad that we hired a planner, but just so glad we had Katie at Rouge. I cannot recommend Rouge events enough! Thanks to Katie and her team, we pulled off a perfect, elegant event that was very true to us as well as impressive to our guests and polished. I honestly couldn't be happier with how it all turned out! If you're thinking about maybe getting a planner, DO IT! It's worth the money. Moreover, book ROUGE while you still can! I love being married now but I'm kind of sad that the wedding planning process is over because I'm not working with Katie anymore. :)

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Melissa R

Katie, Mary, and Liz did and absolutely amazing job! I don't know what I would have done with out them. Firstly, Mary saved my wedding dress! I spent tons of money on the perfect gown, then on my wedding I find there is a layer of tulle that is only pinned in pace. Mary hand... Read More sewed the entire layer, on the spot. Not only that, my wedding and reception looked exquisite, and I didn't have to do a thing. I would recommend Rouge Events to anyone who is interested in having a beautiful wedding and keeping her/his sanity. Thank you Katie, Mary, and Liz!

Reviewed on 6/22/2016

Katie and Rouge Events were great! We planned our wedding from out of town, so Katie saved us a lot of time and stress by touring all the potential venues and meeting with all the venders. During wedding planning, Katie incorporated all my suggestions and thoughts while... Read More injecting wonderful creative ideas of her own. My wedding turned out perfect! Everything looked amazing and went smoothly. We certainly could not have pulled it off without Katie!

Reviewed on 6/22/2016

Reviewed on 6/13/2016 Joe L

Until we met Katie, planning an out-of-state wedding had been challenging and a little scary. Katie was a game changer! She took charge four months before the event to fill in all the missing pieces, ask all the right questions, set up and work with all the vendors, and manage... Read More details large and small. She is very knowledgeable, capable, creative, communicative, and so easy to work with. Amazing! The vendors all seemed to love working with her too. She listened carefully to what we had in mind, added her own creative suggestions, and executed flawlessly within budget. In addition to rehearsal dinner and wedding coordination with all their attendant details, we also asked Rouge to do our floral arrangements…from cascading bridal bouquets, to an inverted garden in the ceremony arch (Katie’s idea), to stunning table arrangements. Our guests were gaga over the flowers! We were able to take full advantage of the “borrow closet” for much of the décor. Rouge was extremely affordable in every service they offered but the value returned was priceless. On the day of the wedding, there were no last minute crises. Everyone was amazingly relaxed because we knew that Katie and Anna had covered all the bases and they would be there to set up, coordinate, and guide us through so we could just enjoy the day. It was perfect! Thank you, Katie, for producing and directing such a memorable event in our lives!

Reviewed on 6/13/2016 David K

As an event planner myself, I knew how crucial it was to have someone take the reigns on the big day so my husband, our family and I could fully enjoy the wedding, but planning long distance from L.A. was new for me. I’m so thankful I found Katie and the Rouge Events team!... Read More What started out as a day-of coordinator package turned into a month-of coordinator package, which turned into Rouge Events even doing our flowers and executing our full event design without breaking the budget! They were prompt, professional, calm and creative. We worked mostly with Katie until the week before and she was such a breath of fresh air. My husband and I had a difficult venue contact, but Katie smoothed out any issues with a smile like a pro and always had suggestions to make things easier for us; even ordering and collecting our linens, printing our programs and timelines and picking up our bouquets on the big day! Adding the “borrow closet” to our package was well worth it. We saved on buying or renting everything individually and they made my vision come together beautifully! Mary was on-site on the wedding day and she was such a delight! She kept us on pace and was always right there when we needed her; having my bouquet ready for the toss and even grabbing drinks for us when our server was a bit slow! I don’t know what we would have done without Katie, Mary and the team…we are so thankful. My bridesmaids and guests kept saying how relaxing and smooth the day went and I know it wouldn’t have been that way without Rouge Events.

Reviewed on 6/07/2016 Megan G

If I could give 6 stars I would. Katie and her staff were awesome. I was on a budget and weary of hiring a coordinator but it was with every dollar. They took care of everything from the start of the day to the finish allowing my family and I to enjoy the day instead of... Read More setting up and taking down. She was organized and authoritative without being controlling. She took away all the pressure and allowed me to relax. The wedding venue wanted to hire her she was so amazing. If your questioning the money... Just do it.. You will not regret it.

Reviewed on 4/21/2016

Rouge Events and Design made my life so easy as the photographer for Ashley and Christian's wedding. The wedding timeline was extremely clear and made it easy for me to build my own photo schedule. Katie was kind and helpful at every step. The wedding decorations and details... Read More were fabulous and the wedding ran so smoothly.

Reviewed on 4/01/2016 Ashley F

Katie was our wedding planner from Rouge Events and she did an excellent job!! We started working with her about 16 months before our wedding for the full service coordinating. This is definitely the way to go because you get access to the borrow closest. Our center pieces were... Read More made entirely from the borrow closet and were absolutely beautiful. Katie cut all of the table numbers for us with her cricket and they were so wonderful. She also purchased some table cloths that we were going to rent which saved us money as well. When I wasn't wild about the backdrops that were provided by our church, Katie offered to create a draped backdrop for the ceremony that also doubled as our photo booth backdrop at the reception. I loved it! We wanted to keep our wedding fairly affordable and Katie was great with our budget!! I highly recommend getting your flowers done by Katie and Anna as well because they were absolutely stunning. They are much more affordable than a traditional florist. We had an issue with our chair vendor wanting us to pay a crazy amount to pick up the chairs after hours, but Katie offered to rent a uhaul and returned the chairs for us!! Also, our family cooked all of the food for our wedding and that meant that Katie had to take on some of the things that a caterer would typically do while our family was at our ceremony. She got all of the food on the buffet and it went great!! I really did not have to worry about a single thing on my wedding day. Katie and her team did all of the decorating, got everyone in the right place at the right time, did all the coordinating with vendors. I couldn't have imagined the day going any better. I highly recommend Rouge Events and specifically the full service coordinating.

The Best Money Spent

Reviewed on 1/27/2016 Dawn A

I went into my wedding planning thinking, "I won't need any help. I know what I'm looking for and can do it on my own." I truly did "design" my wedding and got most all of the decor. I hired Rouge for month of coordination thinking that they might help here and there. I had NO... Read More IDEA how valuable they would be. Katie went on vendor meetings with me, she coordinated everyone's arrival to set up and tear down, she provided a very detailed itinerary to all vendors as well as wedding party, she ordered and delivered food for our party the day of, and the list goes on and on. One of the most important things she did was save the day. Upon delivery of our centerpieces that we made, a couple fell to the ground and broke. We were able to locate similar vases, but had no time to make them. I provided her with the materials and not only were they perfectly placed on the tables and ready when the time came, they looked better than the ones that I made! I provided her with decor thinking that she would just place things around. To my happy surprise, she had gotten creative with all of it and it looked 10 times better than I could have imagined. She really paid attention to the small details. I honestly couldn't say enough how important she and her team were for my wedding. If I had it all to do over again, she'd be my first call! Thank you so much to Rouge Events for your hard work!!

Worth Every Penny!

Reviewed on 12/03/2015

I hired Rouge Events and Design for day of coordinators for my wedding in November. We had our reception at Quail Ridge Lodge in Wentzville, so everything the day of was on us which made me a little anxious. Luckily a friend referred me to Anna and Katie because they were... Read More amazing and worth every penny! I was able to relax the morning of the wedding because I knew everything was being taken care of :) I was so happy with how everything turned out and they had a lot to do with that.

Katie was absolutely incredible

Reviewed on 11/10/2015 Jenny J

Working with Katie to do month of planning was incredible. She handled everything and alleviated so much stress. I couldn't recommend her more. She truly made the wedding flow so smoothly and it's so nice that she has her business partner Anna to serve as backup so you know... Read More you're in good hands. She made me so comfortable and was so responsive and never lost patience with my constant emails and requests. This was the best decision we have made during our wedding Planning.

Katie Hackmann

I have always loved to plan events but after my own wedding I decided to take things to the next step, establishing Rouge Events and Design. 6 years later as a certified wedding planner I continue to love working closely with my clients to make their vision come true! My goal is for my couples to walk away being able to say they were totally stress free and were able to enjoy every single minute of their special day! Event planning is a passion of mine and I love being able to share that passion with my clients!