Rouge Events and Design

Rouge Events and Design is a full service event planning company. We work closely with our clients to create unique, special, and stress free events. All packages are custom to your event and budget. We offer full service, design, month of coordination, day of coordination, and many more services.

Bridal Luncheon, Bridal Shower, Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

A la Carte Wedding Planning, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

Saint Peters, MO (314) 707-0178

Reviewed on 3/15/2017 Hannah G

Words can't express our gratitude for Katie Hackmann and staff with Rouge Events and Design. We hired Rouge for the services of day of coordination, design and floral for my daughters 3/11/17 ceremony and reception held at Windows on Washington. We had a very large guest count... Read More half of which came in from out of state. Katie went above and beyond to ensure that my daughters day was just what she wanted and worked and coordinated with several vendors to make the day what it was. Katie has a real personal style that is comforting. My daughter was sad to say goodbye to her at the end of the night. I do believe that the day wouldn't have been half of what it was without Rouge Events involved and it was nothing more than magical. Even more, Katie was 34 weeks pregnant at our event and she did not miss a beat. She is truly amazing and i would highly recommend her service to anyone hosting a special event.

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Cat P

Katie was an absolute dream to work with! She served as our "month-of" coordinator but really did so much more than that description entailed. Katie met with me several times and always handled my urgent requests and modifications with professionalism and timeliness. She... Read More corresponded with the vendors that I had selected and kept me informed and updated. There was no stress, no delays, no surprises on my big day. It could not have run smoother. Katie's team was a huge support to my florist and caterers as well. They kept everything running efficiently with over 200 out-of-state guests. I most appreciate Katie's willingness and insistence to help me complete my last minute DIY projects...so beyond the scope of what she was contracted to do. You'll be in great hands with someone who genuinely cares about making sure that your wedding is the best day of your life! Thanks again! -Cat Cross

Reviewed on 11/12/2016 Ashley W

There aren't enough words to say how great Rouge Events and Designs truly is! Katie, listens to every word you say and turns them into everything you've ever wanted for your wedding! She has fantastic ideas and can actually make them happen. Our wedding day and the days... Read More leading up to it were so much easier with her help, we couldn't have done it without her! Most of all our flowers were the most gorgeous things ever! If you are looking for a wedding planner who absolutely loves her job, who actually gets to live her passion, then you need Rouge Events and Designs, with Katie! You will love everything and not have to worry about anything! You must have her do your flowers too!! You won't find anyone more caring and enthusiastic about your wedding, well except for yourself, than Rouge! Thank you Katie for making our special day even more special, you are amazing!

Reviewed on 12/14/2016 Erin W

Katie gave me nothing short of a dream wedding! I was a grad school student while planning my wedding. I knew there was no way I could handle planning a wedding while managing my full-time course load. Katie handled everything from designing the concept of our wedding to... Read More communicating with vendors to coordinating our wedding day. I would have been lost without her!! Katie was my wedding fairy godmother!!

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Amy Y

Hiring Katie was the best decision that I made while planning my wedding, hands down. I hired her about 2 years out from our wedding (we had a long engagement) and we chose full coordinator. It was the best decision we could have ever made. I think the most work I did was create... Read More a Pinterest board, which who doesn't love to do that?! Katie took my Pinterest board, talked to me about my vision for the wedding and made it happen. My wedding went from my Pinterest board to real life. Katie managed to find the perfect vendors, all of which were hidden gems. We honestly saved so much money by going with her because she kept us on budget and found great, quality vendors within our budget. Also, having her the day of literally took all of the pressure off of me and my husband. All we did was relax and enjoy the day! She kept everything on schedule, and made sure everything ran smoothly. Overall, my wedding was perfect and Katie definitely made that happen. She made sure everything was completed with plenty of time to make changes. She kept us, and our vendors on schedule from when we chose them to the day of. I can't even begin to describe how much Katie helped us and how great our day was because of her! I highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Colleen G

Rouge Events & Design are Amazing!! They were a complete Godsend through the entire wedding planning process and the entire day of my wedding. I honestly do not know what I would have done with their assistance! There are a million details in planning a wedding and so many... Read More things that didn't even cross my mind so I am forever grateful to Rouge Events. They took care of the flowers, center pieces, Church & reception decor, confirming details with all the vendors, timeline of events, making sure everything went as planned on our special day and tipping our vendors at the end of their services. All of our vendors, family, and wedding party all knew what to expect and everyone was on the same page which made the day run smoothly. My wedding and reception could not have gone any better and I owe that to Rouge Events & Design~ I cannot speak Highly enough about them!! We Love Rouge Events & Design :)

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Nicole M

My wedding was perfect thanks to Katie with rouge! She helped me out so much and helped bring my vision to life! My dad (father of the bride) said "she was the best money we spent and he would have paid her double", and he is a frugal man! I cannot thank them enough for... Read More everything!

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Ashley S

We worked with Katie from Rouge Events for our big day and she was fantastic. I met with Katie about 2 years before our event. She contacted me throughout those two years to check in and was available if I had any questions -- which was great since we have never planned a... Read More wedding before. About a month before wedding day, Katie invited us to her house to go over details. She was very well prepared and asked the right questions -- including some things we hadn't thought of. Katie and Rouge staff went above and beyond our expectations. Here are some examples: Our reception venue did not allow us to set up prior to the day of the wedding. Katie came to our house the week before and picked up all the decorations and stored them at her house until event day. She set up both the ceremony and reception venues beautifully. We had an arbor at our ceremony which she dissembled and delivered back to the vendor. During our reception, there was a miscommunication with the beer being served. Katie handled it and got the alcohol on site. She cleaned up the entire reception space afterwards and took home the decorations until we returned from our honeymoon and could pick them up from her. She made everything about that day run smoothly. Rouge was a delight to work with and made all the details of the wedding day come to life. The bridal party, family members, and guests were truly impressed by their professionalism and willingness to go above and beyond.

Reviewed on 8/06/2016 Megan M

Hiring Rouge Events was the best thing I could have done for my wedding! I worked with Katie and am already missing working with her! I wasn't sure about getting a planner but realized I needed help setting up and ended up hiring Rouge to not only coordinate starting about 6... Read More months out, but also for flowers and design. The planning aspect was so wonderful and alleviated so much stress. I am organized but busy and though I had booked most of my vendors, Katie was the point person for all of them and helped us think of details I would not have known about (or that would have overwhelmed me). She also recommended me to other vendors that I ended up needing (day of paper and a baker- she also picked those things up for me and brought them to the wedding!) I bought access to the "borrow closet" and am so glad I did! Katie has a sophisticated aesthetic and really helped bring my vision to a reality! I really trusted her taste and it paid off! Katie and her team decorated our ceremony space and reception space (same building- Neo on Locust) so flawlessly. Aaaand, Katie is a certified to do flowers! We went to the market and chose some beautiful flowers- she led me through everything and made awesome suggestions; she also was so great with budget and helped me avoid things that were cost prohibitive and lead me to other alternatives. Honestly, the flowers and the decor (I used all of hers) were breathtaking and so "us". We had a few consultation meetings to talk design but closer to the wedding, I knew I could count on Katie and her team to make some executive decisions, and boy I'm sure glad I did! Not only is Katie an EXCELLENT planner, she is so great at flowers and design as well! Over the years, she has procured really interesting and beautiful decor. She even was able to custom make a few things for me, as well! I'm so glad I hired her for the design aspect of my wedding as well. Her aesthetic is flawless yet she listens to your concepts and stays so true to them and offers wonderful ideas on how to execute them! My feelings about working with Rouge overall: Katie's demeanor is so pleasant. My husband was afraid of getting the movie/stereotypical overbearing planner. Katie has such a calming presence about her! She is very present and gets everything done, but really made the day about us. She let us do what we want but gave us great suggestions and recommendations as well. She is a wedding expert and is passionate about weddings, flowers, decor, etc and loves what she does. She is such a genuine and sweet person. We are not only so glad that we hired a planner, but just so glad we had Katie at Rouge. I cannot recommend Rouge events enough! Thanks to Katie and her team, we pulled off a perfect, elegant event that was very true to us as well as impressive to our guests and polished. I honestly couldn't be happier with how it all turned out! If you're thinking about maybe getting a planner, DO IT! It's worth the money. Moreover, book ROUGE while you still can! I love being married now but I'm kind of sad that the wedding planning process is over because I'm not working with Katie anymore. :)

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Melissa R

Katie, Mary, and Liz did and absolutely amazing job! I don't know what I would have done with out them. Firstly, Mary saved my wedding dress! I spent tons of money on the perfect gown, then on my wedding I find there is a layer of tulle that is only pinned in pace. Mary hand... Read More sewed the entire layer, on the spot. Not only that, my wedding and reception looked exquisite, and I didn't have to do a thing. I would recommend Rouge Events to anyone who is interested in having a beautiful wedding and keeping her/his sanity. Thank you Katie, Mary, and Liz!

Reviewed on 6/22/2016

Katie and Rouge Events were great! We planned our wedding from out of town, so Katie saved us a lot of time and stress by touring all the potential venues and meeting with all the venders. During wedding planning, Katie incorporated all my suggestions and thoughts while... Read More injecting wonderful creative ideas of her own. My wedding turned out perfect! Everything looked amazing and went smoothly. We certainly could not have pulled it off without Katie!

Reviewed on 6/22/2016

Reviewed on 6/13/2016 Joe L

Until we met Katie, planning an out-of-state wedding had been challenging and a little scary. Katie was a game changer! She took charge four months before the event to fill in all the missing pieces, ask all the right questions, set up and work with all the vendors, and manage... Read More details large and small. She is very knowledgeable, capable, creative, communicative, and so easy to work with. Amazing! The vendors all seemed to love working with her too. She listened carefully to what we had in mind, added her own creative suggestions, and executed flawlessly within budget. In addition to rehearsal dinner and wedding coordination with all their attendant details, we also asked Rouge to do our floral arrangements…from cascading bridal bouquets, to an inverted garden in the ceremony arch (Katie’s idea), to stunning table arrangements. Our guests were gaga over the flowers! We were able to take full advantage of the “borrow closet” for much of the décor. Rouge was extremely affordable in every service they offered but the value returned was priceless. On the day of the wedding, there were no last minute crises. Everyone was amazingly relaxed because we knew that Katie and Anna had covered all the bases and they would be there to set up, coordinate, and guide us through so we could just enjoy the day. It was perfect! Thank you, Katie, for producing and directing such a memorable event in our lives!

Reviewed on 6/13/2016 David K

As an event planner myself, I knew how crucial it was to have someone take the reigns on the big day so my husband, our family and I could fully enjoy the wedding, but planning long distance from L.A. was new for me. I’m so thankful I found Katie and the Rouge Events team!... Read More What started out as a day-of coordinator package turned into a month-of coordinator package, which turned into Rouge Events even doing our flowers and executing our full event design without breaking the budget! They were prompt, professional, calm and creative. We worked mostly with Katie until the week before and she was such a breath of fresh air. My husband and I had a difficult venue contact, but Katie smoothed out any issues with a smile like a pro and always had suggestions to make things easier for us; even ordering and collecting our linens, printing our programs and timelines and picking up our bouquets on the big day! Adding the “borrow closet” to our package was well worth it. We saved on buying or renting everything individually and they made my vision come together beautifully! Mary was on-site on the wedding day and she was such a delight! She kept us on pace and was always right there when we needed her; having my bouquet ready for the toss and even grabbing drinks for us when our server was a bit slow! I don’t know what we would have done without Katie, Mary and the team…we are so thankful. My bridesmaids and guests kept saying how relaxing and smooth the day went and I know it wouldn’t have been that way without Rouge Events.

Reviewed on 6/07/2016 Megan G

If I could give 6 stars I would. Katie and her staff were awesome. I was on a budget and weary of hiring a coordinator but it was with every dollar. They took care of everything from the start of the day to the finish allowing my family and I to enjoy the day instead of... Read More setting up and taking down. She was organized and authoritative without being controlling. She took away all the pressure and allowed me to relax. The wedding venue wanted to hire her she was so amazing. If your questioning the money... Just do it.. You will not regret it.

Reviewed on 4/21/2016

Rouge Events and Design made my life so easy as the photographer for Ashley and Christian's wedding. The wedding timeline was extremely clear and made it easy for me to build my own photo schedule. Katie was kind and helpful at every step. The wedding decorations and details... Read More were fabulous and the wedding ran so smoothly.

Reviewed on 4/01/2016 Ashley F

Katie was our wedding planner from Rouge Events and she did an excellent job!! We started working with her about 16 months before our wedding for the full service coordinating. This is definitely the way to go because you get access to the borrow closest. Our center pieces were... Read More made entirely from the borrow closet and were absolutely beautiful. Katie cut all of the table numbers for us with her cricket and they were so wonderful. She also purchased some table cloths that we were going to rent which saved us money as well. When I wasn't wild about the backdrops that were provided by our church, Katie offered to create a draped backdrop for the ceremony that also doubled as our photo booth backdrop at the reception. I loved it! We wanted to keep our wedding fairly affordable and Katie was great with our budget!! I highly recommend getting your flowers done by Katie and Anna as well because they were absolutely stunning. They are much more affordable than a traditional florist. We had an issue with our chair vendor wanting us to pay a crazy amount to pick up the chairs after hours, but Katie offered to rent a uhaul and returned the chairs for us!! Also, our family cooked all of the food for our wedding and that meant that Katie had to take on some of the things that a caterer would typically do while our family was at our ceremony. She got all of the food on the buffet and it went great!! I really did not have to worry about a single thing on my wedding day. Katie and her team did all of the decorating, got everyone in the right place at the right time, did all the coordinating with vendors. I couldn't have imagined the day going any better. I highly recommend Rouge Events and specifically the full service coordinating.

The Best Money Spent

Reviewed on 1/27/2016 Dawn A

I went into my wedding planning thinking, "I won't need any help. I know what I'm looking for and can do it on my own." I truly did "design" my wedding and got most all of the decor. I hired Rouge for month of coordination thinking that they might help here and there. I had NO... Read More IDEA how valuable they would be. Katie went on vendor meetings with me, she coordinated everyone's arrival to set up and tear down, she provided a very detailed itinerary to all vendors as well as wedding party, she ordered and delivered food for our party the day of, and the list goes on and on. One of the most important things she did was save the day. Upon delivery of our centerpieces that we made, a couple fell to the ground and broke. We were able to locate similar vases, but had no time to make them. I provided her with the materials and not only were they perfectly placed on the tables and ready when the time came, they looked better than the ones that I made! I provided her with decor thinking that she would just place things around. To my happy surprise, she had gotten creative with all of it and it looked 10 times better than I could have imagined. She really paid attention to the small details. I honestly couldn't say enough how important she and her team were for my wedding. If I had it all to do over again, she'd be my first call! Thank you so much to Rouge Events for your hard work!!

Worth Every Penny!

Reviewed on 12/03/2015

I hired Rouge Events and Design for day of coordinators for my wedding in November. We had our reception at Quail Ridge Lodge in Wentzville, so everything the day of was on us which made me a little anxious. Luckily a friend referred me to Anna and Katie because they were... Read More amazing and worth every penny! I was able to relax the morning of the wedding because I knew everything was being taken care of :) I was so happy with how everything turned out and they had a lot to do with that.

Katie was absolutely incredible

Reviewed on 11/10/2015 Jenny J

Working with Katie to do month of planning was incredible. She handled everything and alleviated so much stress. I couldn't recommend her more. She truly made the wedding flow so smoothly and it's so nice that she has her business partner Anna to serve as backup so you know... Read More you're in good hands. She made me so comfortable and was so responsive and never lost patience with my constant emails and requests. This was the best decision we have made during our wedding Planning.

Day of Wedding Coordinators - Best Idea Ever!!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

I used Rouge for a Day of Wedding Coordinators for my wedding in June 2015. They were amazing! They met with us in advance, helped set up the day before, and held down the fort the day of. They made sure everything and everyone was in the right place. I thought that I could... Read More do everything and be in two places at once so I was convinced that I didn't need help. However, I am so glad that my mom and sister suggested that I consider a Day of Coordinator. I did a fair amount of research in advance, and Rouge provided the most substantial services at an extremely reasonable price.

Couldn't have done it without Rouge!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Leah G

Right after my husband and I became engaged, I knew I needed wedding planners. We live 2000 miles from St. Louis and with full time jobs and grad school we needed some boots on the ground. Katie and Anna were a great find! We went with their full service option. They helped us... Read More figure out our vision, find our venues, and kept us on schedule with frequent email timeline updates. As we got closer to the day, we were still without a florist and Rouge came to the rescue again. Katie and Anna designed our flowers for the bouquets, boutonnières, corsages, and the reception centerpieces. They turned out beautifully! Rouge completely designed our reception using flowers and their 'borrow closet'. Everything looked wonderful, and they really executed a vision we weren't sure how to explain. Not only did Rouge do a fantastic job planning, both Katie and Anna were all smiles during the reception and kept us on schedule to get everything we wanted done before the dance party. Our wedding day was perfect. Rouge took care of all the coordination so my husband and I (and our parents) were free to enjoy the day with our families and friends. It meant the world to us to have everyone focused on the celebration!

Most Amazing Wedding Planner EVER!!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Bridget C

Hiring Rouge Events was one of the best decisions I made for my wedding day. I worked directly with Katie -- and this girl is spectacular! Katie is so patient, and willing. No matter how many emails I sent leading up to the day, or how many questions I asked, she was on it... Read More all. She offered to help in any which way, and offered me her expertise when I was uncertain of some things, but always left the decision up to me. Katie's presence the day of the wedding was so calming. She was everywhere I needed her to be -- yet was always right by my side. I really have no idea how she does it all! I can not say enough wonderful things about Katie and Rouge Events. They are so professional, and are such wonderful human beings. I can't wait to hire them again!

Highly recommend

Reviewed on 10/03/2015 Megan S

Katie and Anna are amazing!! I used their design and flower services because I didn't want to deal with all the little details. The flowers were beautiful, exactly what I wanted, and lasted for weeks after the wedding. They also had gorgeous vases, chargers, table numbers, and... Read More other decorations which saved me so much money since I didn't have to buy anything! They also coordinated everything with all the vendors and even made the hotel bags for the guests for me. I was a little nervous, since I'm very budget conscious and they just billed me for the items they bought. However, I was extremely pleased with the content and prices. I would definitely recommend them to anyone planning a wedding, they made my life so much easier and offered to do much more than I expected!

Being an out of state bride, hiring Rouge is a must!

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 Kristin K

I hired Katie from Rouge Events and Design for my month of wedding planner for my wedding on 9/12/15. Because I live in Philadelphia and my family lives over an hour away from Saint Louis, planning a wedding in Saint Louis was definitely challenging at times. From start to... Read More finish, Katie was phenomenal! She was easy to talk to, incredibly kind, very responsive and easy to get in touch with, knowledgeable about the wedding planning process, and she constantly made me feel like my wedding was her number one priority. She offered to do things for me, such as drop off my hotel gift bags, bring the wedding party food on the morning of the wedding, and help me with my seating chart without me even asking her to do them! Everyone told me the week of the wedding would be crazy with last minute things to do and details to confirm, but I was completely relaxed and able to just spend time with my family and friends. She contacted all my vendors for me and confirmed plans with them and came up with a wedding day itinerary that was perfect! If my photographer, for example, asked me questions that required me to contact my other vendors, I would just let Katie know and she would get the answers for me and communicate between the necessary parties. I can't tell you what a huge help this was. Katie was also invaluable the day of the wedding. She came to the church and made sure everything ran smoothly there... and then she went to my reception venue and helped set up, made sure all the details I had planned for were completed, and stayed until the very end to help my parents gather all of our gifts, decorations, etc. and make sure the evening ended smoothly. I was a little worried when I first hired Katie because she had never worked at my reception venue before, but that turned out not to be an issue at all. I was hesitant to hire a month of wedding planner initially because I thought I could handle everything on my own and I didn't want to spend the money, but not only was Rouge very reasonable price-wise, hiring Rouge was definitely one of the best decisions I made during the whole wedding planning process and I am already recommending them to my friends who are getting married next year.

Katie Hackmann

I have always loved to plan events but after my own wedding I decided to take things to the next step, establishing Rouge Events and Design. 5 years later as a certified wedding planner I continue to love working closely with my clients to make their vision come true! My goal is for my couples to walk away being able to say they were totally stress free and were able to enjoy every single minute of their special day! Event planning is a passion of mine and I love being able to share that passion with my clients!