Royalty Events Planning

San Antonio/Hill Country, TX

Engagement Party, Honeymoon, After Party, Bachelor Party, Bachelorette Party, Bridal Luncheon, Bridal Shower, Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Day After Brunch, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Honeymoon Planning, Planning

San Antonio/Hill Country, TX (210) 595-9263

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

Where to start! I am so glad that we hired Trudy to coordinate our event. She went so above and beyond! I live in Fort Worth but my husband and I decided to get married in San Antonio. I completely underestimated how challenging it would be to plan a wedding from another city!... Read More Not to mention, I was working on my master’s degree on top of working full time so I did not have much time to head down to San Antonio to meet with vendors, ect. We started without a coordinator and I had a clear vision of what we wanted for our wedding but getting things accomplished was taking way to long. We set up a meeting with Trudy and she told us how she could help. We had already picked our venue but did not have any other vendors lined up. We hired Trudy about 8 months out and everyone agrees that there is no way we could have pulled off such an amazing wedding, on a budget, without her! She sent me weekly emails breaking down what we needed to focus on. Her emails prevented us from being overwhelmed, and reassured us that nothing was falling through the cracks. Her vendor recommendations were amazing! The wedding day went so smoothly, I was able to relax with my family and friends while she took care of everything! The weather was not so cooperative, but Trudy worked with the vendors, and me, on making the decision of implementing the rain plan. She understood how important it was to me to have the cocktail hour in the courtyard of our venue and was able to push the weather call deadline back to the last minute. In the end, we ended up having to go with our plan B because there was a 100% chance of rain during cocktail hour. The weather plan was so well executed; my guest never even knew that cocktail hour was supposed to be outside. She coordinated with the florists and caterer to make sure they had extra décor and tables to make the indoor area as fabulous as the courtyard would have been. I would recommend Trudy to anyone with out a doubt! She is amazing!

Reviewed on 10/25/2015

Trudy Scott was truly s lifesaver for my wedding. She came in with four months left for our big day and picked up where my previous lackluster planner left off. She truly took the time to get to know me and my groom but best of all, she took the time to understand my vision for... Read More my beautiful wedding. Trudy is a professional and worked diligently from the beginning to the end. She referred great vendors to help with the flowers, linens and wedding favors and we were not disappointed. As the overall coordinator and day off planner, she took all the stressors away and we were able to enjoy our day from beginning to end and didn't have to worry about any of the details. I would highly recommend Trudy Scott for any bride who has her vision and need someone to facilitate it. Thank you for all the hard work you did for us, it really paid off in the end.

Reviewed on 8/29/2015 Vicky R

Trudy was good at making a timeline for my wedding and keeping things very organized. She was great with communicating with me about every detail about my wedding. However I would not recommend her to anyone. When I needed her at my wedding reception she was hard to find even my... Read More guests had complaints about her being rude.

Reviewed on 6/17/2015 Cassidy W

Trudy, was absolutely terrific! Definitely provided more than I figured a "day of" coordinator would provide. She was there with me every step of the way answering any questions I had and offering advice. She was very professional and was always on top of things. I planned my... Read More wedding from a different state, and Trudy was kind enough to meet with my mom on several occasions to go over and discuss things. She was very flexible with her schedule and met with me several times I was able to come home. She also has wonderful connections, and through her I was able to book my photographer and videographer. I saved so much money booking them that essentially Trudy paid for herself! On the actual day of the wedding things went wonderful! My dad even pointed out to me afterwards that he was so impressed by our wedding coordinator and how she kept everything running so smoothly. It was so nice to not have to worry about anything on the day of the wedding. After going through this process I would definitely recommend hiring Royalty Events Planning. I don't know what I would have done without Trudy!

April 25, 2015

Reviewed on 6/01/2015 Jennifer A

Trudy is a wonderful wedding planner. My now husband and I hired her for the day of our wedding and I instantly felt more relaxed. I was however slightly disappointed on the day of our wedding. My husband and I were one of the strange couples who had everything prepared and... Read More ready to go.Every wedding has its complications, and I thought I was prepared for just about anything however I was not prepared to be 30 minutes late. For some reason the hair and makeup team I hired decided to do my (the brides) hair and makeup last… There was nothing anyone not even Trudy could do except wait for them to finish. During the ceremony Trudy and or her assistant were responsible for Queuing the DJ for the ceremony music, as he was unable to see out of the sound booth at the church. Unfortunately the DJ was not properly queued, all of the wedding party music was off and the flower girls ended up walking down to my song. Apparently the DJ was unable to see the ques when the crowd stood up.... However the crowd generally does not stand until the brides music begins so the rest of the music should have been perfectly timed but wasn't. After the ceremony, my husband, myself, and my family were extremely stressed about being late. We tried to rush the photographer through the photos as much as we could. At one point Trudy sent in my Mother to ask us to hurry, rather than coming in and telling the photographer herself, which my mother found relatively strange. I felt like most of the night for me was spent trying to find Trudy to make sure we were on task. I wish she had kept us more up to date on where we were throughout the night because we were late. I realize most brides and grooms don't want to be bothered while they are trying to enjoy themselves; but a little more communication would have been very welcome, and helped us relax and enjoy our wedding much more. Even my mother thought we were behind all night and was stressed. Overall having a wedding coordinator for the day of made me feel much more secure during the planning process and her day of timeline was absolutely phenomenal. It was great having her make all of the last minute calls to the vendors as well. For our wedding and needs though I feel like we probably should not have spent the extra money. At the time I really thought it would help, and maybe it would have had my husband and I not already been so prepared. But a lot of the things I felt we needed her for, still didn't get done. It was however a big help to our families to have her there during the cleaning up process. Trudy was a pleasure to work with, and I think if you were to hire her from the very beginning of the planning process things would go spectacularly well! Our invitations that we got from her were exactly in our price range, and turned out to be one of my favorite things about our wedding. If you feel you need a wedding planner, I would recommend hiring Trudy. My review is simply a statement of facts/events from our wedding, please know that Trudy loves her work and will do her best for you.

Reviewed on 5/28/2015 Amy H

Trudy did an amazing job! I pretty much had my wedding planned, but needed an extra boost to ensure everything went seamless. Trudy was very organized and had awesome communication with us the entire time. I had a cookie bar and a cigar bar and Trudy brought that vision to life!... Read More I was able to relax and enjoy my wedding day without having to worry about the minute details. Trudy ALSO helped my fiancé plan our honeymoon! Russell wanted to surprise me with our destination and Trudy was a tremendous help. Knowing that Trudy was an expert in the field, I trusted our honeymoon would be fantastic.... AND IT WAS! Trudy Scott is a great choice for your wedding planning needs. Be it, from start to finish, or to be the Sgt. General for the weekend... She is awesome!

Reviewed on 5/19/2015 Mallory W

Trudy was terrific! The day of our wedding was pretty hectic due to unknown weather conditions. Was it going to rain or was it going to stay clear and sunny? For the most part it was a beautiful day, but then right after the ceremony happened the rain/hail came down. Did I... Read More mention we had some seating and activities set up outside? Trudy was able to get everything adjusted and organized inside. Everything ended up being so beautiful. It came out exactly how I had envisioned it. She even came to the rescue when a makeup stain ended up on my dress, before the ceremony. I would highly recommend Trudy for planning your wedding day! Whether you need her to plan the whole thing or you just want some support the weeks before and the day of set up. She knows what she is doing and is super sweet too!

very detailed wedding planner

Reviewed on 2/08/2015 Angela G

Trudy assisted us for our reception. She was quick to respond to texts and emails and was always available to suggest vendors. She was very detailed oriented and professional. Trudy also created a wonderful timeline that kept us and our vendors on track during our reception. I... Read More appreciated her calling all of our vendors to confirm their arrival as well. She was friendly and allowed us to enjoy our special day.

Wedding Coordinator: Ms. Trudy Scott

Reviewed on 1/15/2015

We were very blessed to have Ms. Trudy Scott as our wedding coordinator. She exceeded our expectations of knowing exactly what we wanted and how we imagined our wedding to unfold. She was definitely our eyes and hands when we were unable to be there. She easily understood the... Read More look we were going for and asked the right questions, which helped the ceremony and reception flow well. I never had any issues trying to contact her. I was lucky that she would be the one contacting me to remember certain aspects of the wedding and situations that needed to be addressed and ones that were resolved; this was greatly appreciated due to being in grad school and having a complicated schedule. Ms. Scott was running around making sure everything stayed on track and helped pace my husband and I with time restraints to be able to capture all our important events before the photographers and videographers left. She did great dealing with Spanish speaking guests, and is a very organized, optimistic, and proactive individual. She helped me stay calm and controlled and delivered package deals I was amazed to hear about. She allowed my husband and I to borrow some of her personal items free of charge, had the help of a second individual for two hours to pull together decor, and she also managed to take several beautiful photos as she attended the ceremony and reception. I could not have asked for a more memorable experience, which was all made possible due to my loving family, caring husband, hard working friends, and a creative, energetic, professional, and inspiring wedding coordinator such as Ms. Trudy Scott. I would recommend her to anyone who wishes for their dream to become a reality with little stress involved! With Ms. Scott you will be happy and satisfied due to her willingness to overachieve. :)

Royalty Event Parties is the way to go, brides! Relieve your stress tremendously!

Reviewed on 12/01/2014 Laura R

Oh goodness, where to even begin... From the get go, Trudy Scott was just on the ball with every question I had! She was very prompt answering me, and had great suggestions and ideas. We found out the week of our wedding that it was supposed to storm on our outdoor wedding.... Read More I was a big ball of stress, but Trudy worked night and day to make sure it was perfect, and it sure was! From the decorations, to telling everyone when to walk during the ceremony, to keeping us on a very organized timeline, she was absolutely incredible! If it weren't for her, I never would have gotten through the planning process and had my dream wedding, and I definitely mean that! She is such a beautiful, hardworking, dedicated person to work with. I was one happy bride!

Chris and Kimberly Young Wedding - 10.12.14

Reviewed on 10/24/2014 Kimberly K

Trudy was an excellent coordinator for our wedding and worked diligently to ensure that our vision came to life! We utilized Trudy as an outside coordinator to ensure that our desires for the wedding of our dreams were not compromised by the facility that we were using. We faced... Read More the challenge of planning our wedding remotely – living in Houston, but getting married in San Antonio and I wanted to ensure that the lack of constant face time and presence with our vendors was not compromised due to the logistics. Trudy did a great job handling communications with our vendors and working with the resort to ensure that all of the details were outlined and each contact knew their role. Trudy made a fantastic suggestion for a local florist and make-up and hair artist we also enjoyed working with. She did not mind making suggestions and was open with her contacts and connections to ensure we were advised to people she has worked with previously and knew had a great reputation. Trudy has an eye for detail and during the walk through diligently took notes, made drawings to map out the facility, and asked questions to ensure we were planning for everything. After the walk through Trudy followed up our vendors to ensure everyone was aware of the vision and timing we had in place and reached out to me with final questions and points of clarification. The day of the wedding, Trudy did an amazing job facilitating all of the activities. She bothered me very little with hiccups (if there were any) and consulted me only on one item which allowed me the freedom to not stress over the decorations but to focus on my groom and enjoy the wedding! What I enjoyed and appreciated the most about working with Trudy is that she has excellent planning and communication skills. We had her working with some rather difficult contacts at the facility we choose to use and I thought she did an amazing job representing us and what we wanted. She was always clear to reiterate our vision and helped the onsite contact work through options to ensure we got what we wanted. Trudy truly made this experience enjoyable and as stress free as possible.

Trudy Scott

Reviewed on 10/15/2014

I was married Oct 11, 2014 in San Antonio, Texas. Trudy Scott was my wedding coordinator and she was wonderful. She helped me look at all the details, find some of my vendors, developed a timeline and flow for my wedding rehearsal, wedding, and reception. Trudy organized all the... Read More vendors, the decorating, the bridal party - she kept the whole thing tied together with a beautiful bow! Trudy was very professional and competent - I trusted her completely. Everyone in the bridal party fell in love with her. I didn't think I had the extra money to spend on a wedding coordinator - but I could not have had such a beautiful and calm wedding experience without Trudy!

Royalty Event Parties

Reviewed on 8/30/2014 Elizabeth A

Trudy at Royalty Event Parties was the most spectacular wedding planner. I interviewed many wedding planners for my big day and Trudy stood out among the crowd. Trudy was so organized. She would call us to remind us when payments were due, and she connected with all of the... Read More vendors. She is very efficient and understanding. She always had a positive attitude even when things were stressful. She was very calm and made planning my wedding fun. Before we hired her, wedding planning was overwhelming, but with Trudy, it became methodical, organized, and fun. I would choose her over and over again and recommend her to all of my friends.

Trudy Scott Wedding Planner / Royalty Event Parties

Reviewed on 8/19/2014

Trudy was absolutely wonderful in our wedding planning process. If it wasn't for her, we would have been lost in planning our wedding. There were so many details we would have never thought of when it comes to a wedding. She helped us from beginning to end. She was very... Read More organized, detailed, and professional. The wedding / reception was more than what we expected. Trudy went above and beyond our expectations. This is a day that my wife and I will never forget. I would highly recommend Trudy Scott. Thank you Trudy.

Best Wedding Coordinator I could have asked for!

Reviewed on 8/18/2014 Shellie R

I came across Trudy by chance, but by the end of my wedding, I knew it was fate. She is absolutely amazing. I was not one of the girls who already had my whole wedding planned out, so I did not know where to even begin. Trudy guided my husband and I the whole entire way. She... Read More was able to recommend amazing vendors. I was happy with ALL of them and she was able to save us money by recommending those she worked with often. They were absolutely wonderful to work with. Once we were full swing into the planning process I was able to tell Trudy exactly what I wanted and she would make sure it happened. She even was able to secure our wedding being featured in San Antonio Weddings Magazine. I cannot describe how much Trudy meant to my wedding and how instrumental she was in its success. The month of the wedding I had almost nothing to do because everything was in her hands. And I trusted her implicitly to carry everything out. The day of the wedding I had zero worries. Having Trudy there made me feel so at ease so that I could just enjoy the big day. I really feel that my wedding would not have been possible if it was not for her, and for that I will forever be grateful to her. I will recommend her to anyone I know now and in the future, without any hesitation.

Best decision we ever made!

Reviewed on 8/15/2014 Kim S

Trudy and her assistant did a wonderful job with our San Antonio wedding reception! For months leading up to the event, we had a meeting and regular phone calls to ensure we we're all on the same page with the event. She even made time for evening calls around our busy schedule.... Read More In short, the event went exactly as we had discussed, and even exceeded our expectations in many ways! Throughout the evening, Trudy struck a good balance of coordinating the vendors and timing while also letting the evening "flow" without us feeling rushed and adhering to a strict schedule. Her experience was evident throughout the entire time we worked with Trudy, which translated into a wonderful evening for us. Without reservation, we recommend Trudy and royalty event parties!

Rhonda & Anthony's Wedding Reception

Reviewed on 8/02/2014 Rhonda H

Trudy coordinated our wedding reception in San Antonio while we were off on our destination wedding to Alaska. Trudy did a fantastic job with all the details that we wanted. She is very detailed oriented and suggested great vendors which we used. All were great! We would... Read More highly recommend Trudy! Very Happy!!

Great wedding planner.

Reviewed on 6/07/2014 Elizabeth A

Trudy did a fabulous job of planning and organizing our wedding. We had over 200 people first at the church, then later at the reception venue. I was worried about transporting the 180 people who were from out of town and she got people to both locations from their hotel... Read More without a problem. At the first meeting with her, she talked to us about what a perfect wedding would look like, and she took it from their. She remembered every detail!. Her color sense was great and the vendors she suggested were top notch and reasonably priced. She responded to my emails usually the same day and was very easy to get in contact with. She organized what had to be done, and our wedding was absolutely beautiful. And the day of the wedding ran smoothly on her timeline. We enjoyed every minute of it while she was behind the scenes loading gifts into the car, talking to the DJ and videographer, and keeping the wedding on schedule so nothing important would be left out. I would highly recommend her for planning your wedding.

A must have

Reviewed on 5/27/2014

I worked with Trudy from Royalty Events for the past 17 months planning my wedding. It helped my wedding planning experience stay organized and efficient. There were so many details that Trudy kept track of for me and that was a huge help dealing with so many vendors. There was... Read More no way I could have done an out of town wedding without her help. She gave me good referrals to vendors that were professional and provided good customer service. She stayed on top of everything for me and helped me with whatever I needed. I couldn't have picked a better coordinator to help me and my husband plan our special day. Her services on the day of the wedding was so awesome, she took care of everything. She made my vision come to life and I was so happy and grateful how the whole day turned out. I really appreciated how calm and relaxed Trudy was and the vendors she referred. Didn't matter what happened everyone was so flexible and did whatever I asked them too. Once the wedding started I didn't worry about a thing, I knew Trudy was taking care of it all!

Thank you, Trudy!

Reviewed on 5/14/2014 Candice E

THANK YOU so much for all your help on Eric and my day! I was so thankful for you there and you really kept everything on track. Though you were my planner for only the day of, it did not seem like that. You met with us before the wedding and kept up to date with emails to make... Read More sure everything was as I imagined. And thank goodness for your handy emergency kit! I couldn't believe I got lipstick on my dress, but with your help, it came right out. I felt like I didn't have to worry about anything when the wedding was over. I just went up to my room and forgot about everything since you had taken care of it all. You will come with my highest recommendation to any other brides out there... they should feel confident that when hiring you, they will get someone thorough, detailed, and efficient. You really were one of the best investments I made for our wedding. Thank you again!

Real. Life. Wedding.

Reviewed on 5/02/2014

It was five months until my wedding when Trudy first told me she wanted to follow her dreams and open a wedding-planning business. As a bride-to-be who decided to plan my own wedding, the news couldn’t have come at a better time. My “to-do” list was overwhelming – growing by the... Read More minute, and I didn’t know where to begin or how to tackle it. Every bridal magazine I opened only made me feel worse often stating that brides should begin planning at least one year out. One year out?!?! Who has that kind of time when you’re working to pay the bills…and for a wedding? I needed everything except the venue – invitations, cakes, flowers, décor, music, table linens, and the list went on and on. Eager to hit the ground running with her new business, Trudy offered to assist me with whatever piece of the wedding pie I was willing to give her, and so I gave, and she produced. Where I once had blanks next to each item on my to-do list, within days I had a full menu of options from vendors, products and services, to the most important detail - pricing. With vendors now secured, deposits paid, contracts signed, and a ton of weight lifted off my shoulders, I was finally able to focus on the things that mattered most, and finally, I was having fun! Trudy, you knew I had a very particular vision for my wedding. By listening to my wants, and providing creative direction on how to get there, you helped me cultivate my vision, and make it come to life…real life. Thank you for your tireless efforts in helping me explore the endless possibilities of vendor services; for providing professional guidance when I needed it most; for jumping in with both feet the second I came calling; but mostly importantly, for your support, encouragement, and ultimately, your friendship. I don’t know how I would have done it without you.

Wedding Bliss

Reviewed on 5/01/2014

Royalty Event Parties helped me have my perfect wedding. Trudy not only helped me step by step, but day of made sure everything ran just how we had planned. Of I ever had an questions she was great with answering and offering any extra help. I was pretty much bridezilla about my... Read More wedding and she just kept me focused on my goals for the wedding. At the end of the event I could not have been any happier. She was there for all of the major events when it comes to wedding planning like venues, flowers, rehearsals, & coordinating the ceremony/reception. She made a "day-of" timeline that helped not only me, but everyone involved. I would not have had an amazing wedding experience if it wasn't for her.

Wonderful Experience!

Reviewed on 4/01/2014 Amanda H

Trudy, Thank you so much for all of your help and guidance over the last year. Hiring you was the best decision I could have made and you helped me keep my sanity. Instead of having an overwhelming and stressful planning process, it was fun and we were able to enjoy it. Not... Read More only did you save us time but you also saved us a good amount of money by connecting us with the right vendors. The week prior to the wedding I actually felt like I had nothing to do except a few minor details since you handled all the big stuff which was great! I didn't even have to take off work except for a few hours to get my dress and run a few last minute errands. The day of the wedding I was able to relax instead of worrying about whether or not the vendors were at the reception site on time or if all the decorating was done. I really have no idea how I would've been able to organize the reception and still have enough time get ready without you. Everything was beautiful and the minor issues we did have you took care of right away. Thank you again for making our wedding a memorable and fun experience!