The wedding of your dreams anywhere in the world!

Runaway Bride customizes every proposal to each couple's specific needs. We offer help with every facet of your wedding, from basic site selection to vendor contracting and on-site assistance, overseeing every detail.

Rehearsal Dinner, Rehearsals + Parties, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Se Habla Español, Planning

Washington, DC (617) 512-2749

Best decision ever!

Reviewed on 5/20/2015 karen a

I cannot stress this enough- hands down the BEST wedding planner ever. I couldn't have been more at ease with this entire process. Kimberly is a total rockstar and she has a fabulous team that helps her as well. I'm quite picky and hands on, yet she knew exactly how to make me... Read More feel comfortable. All the details were covered. Not only is she worth every penny, but I would go thru this all over again the same way if I knew I had her by my side. Love her! Meeting her was the best gift I was given.

Money Well Spent with a Fantastic Crew

Reviewed on 6/12/2015

I cannot write a review that does the job Runaway Bride did for us justice. Being New Yorkers who are used to getting anything we want when we want it there was a fear that anyone we hired wouldn't live up. Our goal was to not really think about the wedding, show up, have a... Read More fantastic time with our friends, and get married. Kimberly was fantastic in every facet of planning our marriage. She interfaced with the venues, suggested vendors (every single one was top notch), organized the rehearsal dinner and transportation, managed the drama, ran the entire weekend's festivities, and absolutely crushed it. She is a professional in every sense of the word. Impeccable taste, always well prepared, fluent in Spanish, extremely organized, and well informed are what you can expect with her. Really we cannot be happier with the job she did as we let her run with everything and had 0 doubt that things were getting done and getting done well. Her and the team (Ariana and Alessio are amazing) went consistently above and beyond the admittedly high bar we'd set. The cherry on top was discovering Kimberly is a truly decent human being who orchestrated a beautiful memory for us in Mexico. Do yourself a favor, spend the money, remove all stress, and just have a great time knowing that Kimberly and the team are running a tight ship.

Best Money We Spent - RAB is FABULOUS

Reviewed on 6/03/2015 Allie C

We just got back from our 4-day wedding event in Mexico - I had the most fun there than I have ever had in my life. We have been working with RAB for the last 18 months to coordinate everything. They were there and organized every event - dinner on Wednesday an Thursday evening,... Read More Friday sandwich bar, Friday sunset catamaran cruise and dinner, Saturday brunch and the wedding itself. They organized with the caterers, audio visual people, and decorated for many of the event (every meal for GORGEOUS - Arianna make everything look amazing!). They help the guys plan a jet skiing bachelor part and helped plan other activities and events that occurred even before the wedding weekend started. They were available to us 24-7 and helped us with anything and everything that we needed. They found the most amazing place for us and our group (there were about 80 people who stayed here and anywhere from 100 to 125 people came in for each event) to stay - it was a grouping of gorgeous private villas right on the beach. They also found the company who did the dinner and cruise (super fun!) on friday and the most perfect venue for the wedding on Saturday! For the wedding itself, they found us a fabulous photographers for the wedding , transportation for our guests, an awesome DJ, a wonderful decorator and florist, a great hair and makeup team - every detail was superb! If you need kick-butt coordinators, this is the DREAM TEAM. I had the most wonderful wedding a girl could ever ask for and Runaway Bride was responsible for every minute of it!!!!

2015-06-03T13:23:06 Response from the vendor

Allie, thank you so much for the kinds words. It was a true pleasure to work with you and your beautiful family throughout the wedding planning process. We could not be happier for you and Seth and wish you a life time of happiness together.... Read Less Read More

Lake Como Wedding

Reviewed on 8/06/2015 Roxanna N

Runaway bride is a great company! Kim took care of everything throughout the planning processes, so we could just relax and enjoy being engaged, the creative part of planning, and the wedding day. In addition her negotiating saved us on cost, so adding her services were overall... Read More beneficial to the budget.

magical wedding in Tulum

Reviewed on 7/09/2015

We just came back from a magical wedding in Tulum that was not only the best wedding and event we had ever been to, but for most of our guests as well! We are both avid travelers and wanted to do something different, more off-the-beaten path and Kimberly and team worked with... Read More us to create a truly unique experience that our guests are still raving about. Runaway Bride went above and beyond to make sure we had the wedding of our dreams, even though we had a smaller budget and a type-A groom. :) Having an event in Tulum can be challenging due to the fact that they are off the grid, and the RAB team worked tirelessly to make sure everything came together better than we ever dreamed. From recommending spectacular vendors - our guests are still raving about Dulce - or managing difficult ones, we were always comforted to have them on our side looking out for us. Ary and Alessio were wonderful to work with on the ground in Mexico and such a pleasure to spend time with - we were truly happy to have them be a part of our special day. :)

2015-07-09T10:12:49 Response from the vendor

Josh and Danielle, thank you so much for the kinds words. It was such an absolute pleasure working with such a fun couple and we truly thank you for allowing Runaway Bride to be part of your special day. Many, many congrats and all the... Read Less Read More

Best decision I made

Reviewed on 6/28/2015

Kimberly and her team at Runaway Bride Destination Weddings were beyond fantastic.  I selected her because I liked that she had experience both in corporate events (past career) and wedding planning. That combination made me confident that she and her team would be able to... Read More cater to my wishes, while also remaining professional and extremely organized. Right from the start she was fun, informative and relaxed. I knew I was in safe hands, and that she would help me to achieve the wedding of my dreams with minimal stress.  She had no ego, and really listened and understood what I wanted. She and her team had an uncanny ability to take my Pinterest boards, ideas and descriptions and create events that not only met my expectations, but often surpassed what I thought was possible. I had so much confidence in Kimberly and her team that I completely signed off the week of the wedding and let her call all of the last minute shots (so I could enjoy the wedding) and she did not disappoint. She made all the right decisions and tweaks. She did such an amazing job that I literally gasped with joy the moment I saw the wedding ceremony setting. It was beyond amazing.  As I reflect back, I realize that Kimberly's hidden talent (and secret for a stress free wedding planning experience) was her ability to manage the parents in a way that was loving and caring towards their feelings, while also respecting my wishes and direction. I had no idea she was so good, and am thankful that she was able to keep the peace for all of us. :) Finally, my wedding was Kimberly's first Indian wedding... but she was so incredibly amazing in digging in and learning/listening/taking notes that everything went smoothly and without a hiccup. (Believe me, Indian weddings can get complicated!)

You will NEVER REGRET hiring RUNAWAY DESTINATION BRIDE WEDDINGS

Reviewed on 5/25/2015 Chezlie J

We had our wedding in the Riveria Maya EMxico in March 2014. I hired Kimberly Richmond owner of RBDW and I had the most perfectly planned wedding. To this day everyone continues to tell me that my wedding was the best wedding they have ever went to and this is a direct... Read More consequence of all the hard work and meticulous planning by RBDW that allowed me to be a carefree bride and truly enjoy every moment of my wedding experience. Kimberly went above and beyond in every respect, handled every headache so I didn't have to worry about it and was the best friend you want planning your wedding. I absolutely could not have imagined my wedding to be more perfect.

Would not be married without Runaway Bride!

Reviewed on 5/19/2015 Lital G

I found Runaway Bride just about the time I was ready to give up on my destination wedding in Mexico. The resort's wedding planner was unorganized and inefficient and I wasn't sure how all the pieces would come together. Kimberly Richmond and her team came in and immediately... Read More changed the experience of planning my wedding. Kimberly was dependable and attentive, and the end result was absolutely beautiful. My husband and I cannot thank Runaway Bride enough for their contributions to our special day.

Meet The President

Kimberly Richmond

Born and raised in Mexico City, Kimberly Richmond is the founder of Runaway Bride. Ms. Richmond worked in sales & marketing for Hyatt Hotels & Resorts and as Director of International Sales for Sol Meliá Hotels & Resorts. She subsequently became Director of Marketing/Special Events for Saks Fifth Avenue, New York, where she planned & executed hundreds of large scale, star-studded events in NYC A trendsetter in the wedding industry, she has has been profiled in the media including Bride's Magazine, Shape Magazine, Travel Weekly and exclusive wedding blogs such as Style Me Pretty & JuneBug.