Is this your business? claim it now

Ruth Hurtgen Catering

Glenwood City, WI

Food + Catering

1315 260th St, Glenwood City, WI

Reviewed on 12/30/2015 Sarah W

Where to begin...I called her business phone twice in two days, left messages both times, and never heard back. A friend found me her cell phone number. I called and asked what dates she is open in October. She didn't know. She told me to book our venue and call her back because... Read More you can always get food. We booked our venue a couple days later so I called her back. She said she thought she had an event that day but would call me back and let me know for sure. I never heard back. So my fiancé called her and discussed having her just make the food and we would find someone to serve. She said that would work and she would mail us a menu. It never showed up. So he called her a couple more times, each time being told she lost his address and forgot. This was 2 weeks ago and still no menu. Finally my future mother in law called her for a menu and received it 2 days later! Apparently she couldn't be bothered with me or my fiancé. The best part was there were no prices on her menu, so we still don't have anything solved. This has been a 2 month ordeal now. I'm sure her food is great but she is a pain to deal with. We will be finding another caterer.

Reviewed on 9/22/2015

We had Ruth cater our wedding reception on 9/12/2015. We had a rustic farm themed wedding out on our farm in South Eastern Mn. We chose chicken breast in gravy, bone-in baked ham, baby red potatoes, sage dressing, green beans, fresh fruit salad, dinner rolls. The food was... Read More amazing and generous portions as we fed lots of farmers with healthy appetites. Her prices are reasonable and her team sets and packs up your leftovers after the meal is complete. We had many compliments on our meal and inquiries as to who it was and where she is located. We are so happy we chose her to make our weedding reception meal. Can't say enough good things about her cooking and her team of workers! Highly recommend her to anyone...

Wedding Reception Meal

Reviewed on 7/29/2015 Jaymi S

Ruth is awesome!! My husband and I selected her baked chicken and ham meal with corn, baby red potatoes, salad, dinner rolls and we did a dessert bar. Her food is delicious and great value if you're looking to save $$. All of our guests were very happy with her meal!

Amazing food/great price

Reviewed on 10/19/2014 Allison L

We had Ruth cater our wedding in late September 2014 and my husband and I, as well as all of our guests were very happy with the food. It was delicious and it was at an amazing price. We had broasted chicken and cheesy hashbrowns with a lot of other side dishes! Definitely would... Read More recommend her to anyone!

Tasty and wholesome!

Reviewed on 10/30/2013 Priya R

I used Ruth Hurtgen's catering service for our wedding. I could not have asked for more. The food was hot and so delicious! My guests loved the food. The ladies who served wer super polite and so nice.

great foood!!

Reviewed on 10/14/2012 Hillary S

Ruth did a wonderful job with the food. We received so many complients about how great the food was. She offers a low price and that really helps if you are on a strict budget.

OUTSTANDING!

Reviewed on 10/09/2012 Michelle J

The food was absolutely delicious. I received multiple compliments on dinner and people even went up for seconds. Cannot beat this food or the price. 7 dollars a plate!! :)

Awesome Food for an Awesome Price

Reviewed on 5/05/2011 Kellie H

Ruth has Great food, Great Service and all at a great price. And we got the left overs, which was a lot of food. Couldn't beat it anywhere.

Ruth Hurtgen Catering--More than a 5!!

Reviewed on 9/28/2010 Melissa K

Amazing food! It melted in my mouth--so good! She had all the options I wanted and worked with me to have a perfect meal. The staff assisted exactly how I wanted and were efficient, timely and helpful! If you live anywhere near the Baldwin, WI area, pick this caterer!!

So many compliments!

Reviewed on 10/26/2010 Katie H

People were amazed and in love with her food! So delicious and very low cost!