Baking life sweet...

We would love to add that sweet touch to your wedding day, making your wedding cake the best dessert you ever had! We know how overwhelming the process can be, so we make it easy and fun! We make everything from scratch, always using the finest and all natural ingredients. Organic and Gluten free options available! Call us today!

Dietary Options

Gluten Free, Organic

Cake Stands, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

705 B Saint Andrews Blvd, Charleston, SC (843) 608-8135

Absolutely Amazing!

Reviewed on 7/29/2015 Haley W

When we first began our search for the perfect bakery, we were flooded with recommendations, reviews, and suggestions. We decided to contact a select few based on reviews, and Sablée was on the top of our list. Monica was an absolute pleasure to work with, and made our... Read More Charleston destination wedding a breeze! She was quick to respond to emails and phones calls, and was incredibly willing to work around our schedule and availability. We went for a cake tasting, and were blown away by every sample we tried. She made us feel at home, and served us three wonderful samples. Every cake we tried was light, flavorful, and delicious! We ended up selecting a flavor we never thought we would, and all of our guests absolutely loved it! We have now been married for two weeks, and I am still hearing how wonderful our cake looked and tasted! What was even better about Monica and our cake was how wonderful the cake looked. My wife provided several pictures she found on Pinterest, and quite honestly, our cake looked even better than the sample we provided. It held up to the hot Charleston heat, and maintained perfect form during the duration of our reception. We also utilized Sablée for macarons on our special day for the bridal party, and everyone loved them! I have never found a macaron that compared to the ones I first experienced in Paris, but I must admit that Monica's were just as good, if not better! If we ever need a cake for a special day again, we will surely use Sablée!

Reviewed on 12/29/2016 Georgia G

Monica created our dream cake for us. Everyone was in awe of her beautiful creation and we were so lucky to have her! Equally as importantly she worked with us regarding my gluten free diet and ensured the cake was both safe and delicious. I can't imagine having had a cake made... Read More by anyone more talented.

Reviewed on 3/21/2016 Haley W

If you want a personalized experience from a wonderful local bakery in Charleston, Monica and Sablee are your answer. I planned my entire wedding from either overseas or a distance and Monica made everything so fantastically easy. She is exceptionally prompt and professional in... Read More her emails and was always available to answer any questions we had. When we met with her for the tasting, she was very helpful and flexible. I had accidentally brought an additional "taster" and had forgotten to email her!! But she was just as gracious and helpful as could be and adjusted accordingly. She also helped coordinate the styles of the cake based on listening to what we wanted the day to be like and looking at a couple of pictures we brought with us. I never questioned whether the cakes would turn out looking just right - she is truly a very talented baker and I had every confidence that things would work perfectly. As for the cakes themselves, oh my goodness they were fantastic! We had four different flavors and six separate cakes - red wine cake, earl grey & lemon cake, vanilla and a gluten free chocolate torte. The first two I was skeptical about trying initially as they were very different sounding but wow! These cakes were truly some of the best I've ever tasted and all 200-something of our guests raved about them! Delivery to our venue went as smoothly as could be and I cannot think of a single drawback throughout all of our interactions. THANK YOU Monica for being such a wonderful and talented baker and for making our day absolutely perfect!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Julie K

Monica made it so easy to figure out wedding cake plan for my niece Katie and her new husband Michael, even though I live in Seattle and had to make decisions from afar. The cake was exactly what we wanted...beautiful and delicious. amazing carrot cake!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Julie K

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Ashley S

Absolutely amazing and an extremely kind individual. The BEST carrot cake I have ever had. Ashley from North Carolina

Reviewed on 9/24/2017 Beth C

We tasted several cakes that were recommended and Sablee’s cakes not only came in unique flavors but they tasted amazing too! We chose a chocolate cake with mango filling, perfectly decorated with ombré buttercream ruffles. Monica is a dream to work with! You will be so happy... Read More you chose her as your baker!

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 April L

My wedding cake by Monica from Sablée was absolute perfection! It was so gorgeous and delicious! The Champagne cake with strawberry and italian buttercream was even better than the cupcake we had at our tasting. Design was spot on! The flowers from Charleston Florist matched... Read More the design and my wedding day blooms to a T and and made it even more beautiful! We had macaroons on Friday night and they were also heavenly! Monica was a charm to work with and I could not have asked for better service. I can't wait to have cake again on my anniversary!

Reviewed on 5/01/2017 Sarah H

Working with Monica of Sablée was a wonderful experience. She was great to exchange ideas with and was open to incorporating everything we asked for. We could not have asked for more beautiful and delicious wedding cakes. The black forrest cake was the hit of the wedding!

Reviewed on 4/30/2017 Kristen L

We are a sweet tooth couple and Monica brought our dream dessert bar to life! Not only was everything beyond delicious, Monica was also awesome to work with! She also created an amazing Grooms cake for our rehearsal dinner. Thank you for the epic variety of desserts for our... Read More wedding, and for being such a wonderful partner to work with!

Reviewed on 4/10/2017 Heather B

Monica's cakes are as delicious as they are beautiful and she is a delight to work with. I lost count of the number of people at my daughter's wedding who told me that the cake was the best they'd ever had! Thank you, Monica!

Reviewed on 4/08/2017 Bonnie F

Not only did Monica provide us with the most beautiful and tastiest cake ever for our wedding but she saved the day for our 1st anniversary by making us some cupcakes when we forgot our cake topper at home. Thank you!!!

Reviewed on 4/02/2017 Stephanie C

Monica did my wedding cake and a special Citadel themed groom's cake. They both looked and tasted amazing. My cake was seriously a work of art, with a partially naked icing design, brushed on gold, and painted on blush colors in a watercolor design. It was one of my most... Read More favorite parts of the wedding. We did lemon, red velvet and carrot cake. All the guests raved about the flavors and not a single piece was left. Monica herself is so sweet and has an amazing talent. We did a tasting (she does cupcakes of each with the filling for the cake layers in the middle) and I decided I wanted to try two more flavors so she made me a to-go tasting box to pick up later that week. I also changed the size of the cake, and added in the groom's cake later on, and she was more than accommodating. I would recommend her to anyone!

Reviewed on 2/25/2017 Katie T

I did my wedding cake and groom's cake with Sablee and her detail is wonderful and the cakes tasted fantastic. We did marble and chocolate cakes and they were amazing. Everyone said they loved them. Her design was also very good especially with the wedding cake. I wanted a... Read More floral design and she added roses that looked beautiful and completely real. She did a Citadel ring for the groom cake.

Reviewed on 11/11/2016 Alexa J

Monica was so sweet and easy to work with. We had a super quick tasting and very easily picked our favorite flavor - green tea honey cake with peach ginger filling. Monica hand-delivered our cake to the venue. It was a beautiful, delicious cake and everyone loved it!

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Meagen G

Sablee is a wonderful choice for a wedding cake! Monica is so pleasant to work with and the cakes are amazing both in taste and appearance. We were very pleased with our experience!

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Elizabeth W

Loved our wedding cake! We wanted a very simple buttercream cake for us two since we had ice cream and cookies for our guests- Monica pulled this off perfectly!

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 katie s

The cakes (both wedding and groom's cake) turned out perfect. I wanted something very simple and elegant for the wedding cake and Monica came up with the perfect design. Flowers and ribbon were used for decoration and the taste was outstanding. I was so happy with how all of... Read More it turned out and would definitely recommend her. She was easy to work with, accommodating and had great quality work.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Christine L

Monica was an absolute pleasure to work with and she created the most beautiful and delicious wedding cake, cake pops and macaroons for my wedding on October 14th!! The cake was GORGEOUS! She hand-painted the bottom tier gold and it was truly beautiful and amazingly delicious!!... Read More I can't even tell you how many people came up to me and said it was the best cake they have ever had!!! Same thing with the cake pops and macaroons!! I highly recommend Sablee to everyone!!! My husband and I will definitely be returning customers!! Thanks so much Monica! :)

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Kristin E

I highly recommend Sablee! Our wedding cake was GORGEOUS - Monica nailed it! We had such a great time at our cake tasting (one of my husband's favorite parts of wedding planning) and there is such a wonderful variety of unique flavors to chose from. The only tricky part was... Read More deciding which flavors to go with because they were all amazing! I cannot wait to break into our cake topper on our 1st year anniversary (the cake was amazing ...let's be honest... we'll probably break into it earlier! haha)

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Alyse W

We had Sablee make our wedding cake, and my Mom had Monica make macarons and cookies for my bachelorette party. EVERYTHING she makes is incredible, and very affordable. She is so talented and gave us exactly what we wanted. I love macarons - and hers are perfect. Everyone... Read More loved all of her treats - and we absolutely loved our wedding cake (red velvet and vanilla with a strawberry champagne filling naked cake). She was also incredible when it came to wedding week - she brought me a cake stand to the wedding, along with fruit and flowers for my cake that she graciously picked up for us. She was also great during the planning process - answered all my questions quickly and was not pretentious like a lot of other bakeries we spoke with. We cannot recommend her enough!

Reviewed on 8/29/2016

I was looking for a bakery who could accommodate my gluten-free needs when I came across Sablée. Monica was friendly, responsive, and very easy to work from the very start. Each step of the process of was enjoyable, especially the tasting!! We ended up ordering cookies from... Read More Sablée as well, which were a huge hit at the wedding! Our cake design was perfect, and exactly what we imagined. The flavors were amazing. No one knew the champagne with strawberry buttercream cake was gluten-free. We also had carrot cake with a cream cheese frosting filling, that was the best carrot cake I've ever tasted (don't tell my mom!). So many of our guests told us it was the best wedding cake they had ever tasted!! Not only was it the best wedding cake I've ever tasted, if was the best gluten-free cake I've ever had!! Of all the things that went into planning our wedding, this was the most enjoyable and easiest decision I made. Thank you, Monica for making my wedding cake dreams come true!!!

Reviewed on 8/29/2016 Nicole D

Monica was a joy to work with. Her cake is delicious, everyone loved it! She did a great job with the groom's cake as well, which was a car cake to look like his Subaru STI. The car guys thought it was awesome, and everyone loved how the cake tasted, as did we. Highly... Read More recommend!!!

Reviewed on 7/27/2016

We had a wonderful experience working with Monica. Our cake was as beautiful as it was delicious. Monica took my shaky description of what we wanted and turned it into a masterpiece. My husband and I can't wait until our first anniversary when we can have the piece that is... Read More sitting in our freezer!

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 haneepha F

Monica was absolutely amazing to work with, I was all the way Japan and I comfortably got the perfect wedding cake. She worked very well the other vendors in organizing set up and decor for the cake without my intervention. My guests enjoyed the beauty and taste of the wedding... Read More cake made at Sablee. If you're looking for a less stress event, with a beautiful result and great taste, I totally recommend Sablee!