Is this your business? claim it now

Saddlerock Ranch

Mansion/Historic Site, Unusual/Alternative

31727 Mulholland Hwy, Malibu, CA

The Most Magical Wedding Site Ever

Reviewed on 11/14/2013 Kelly G

Saddlerock is definitely very pricey, but for me and my husband, the venue was definitely worth it. Everyone at our wedding said it was the most beautiful wedding they'd been to. The site is gorgeous, lush and green, and the trees are filled with twinkle lights. It was truly magical. And beyond that, the staff we worked with at the venue were fantastic, so helpful, and went out of their way to make sure our special day was perfect.

Stunning Venue: chateau le dome

Reviewed on 8/04/2013 Heather

We chose the chateau le dome site and it was beautiful and stunning: just the perfect setting for our wedding and a dream location. Our guests couldn't believe it was in the Los Angeles area and kept asking us how we found the place. Kim was amazing to work with the entire process. Everything from our booking, wine order (which was at the site the morning of), and the extra barrels we rented went off perfectly. And although you have to use their wines (if you plan on serving wine or champagne) you get not only a free tasting at their site to try out which ones to serve but you get a discount and can choose very economical wines that taste great. The rental is for 24 hours which was a huge plus for us and very rare in LA and you can bring your own hard alcohol and vendors. I recommend booking a few key vendors that have experience with their site such as a caterer/rental, day-of coordinator, and florist. Since it is a private estate, the cost gets a little higher than just renting the land as you have to use their valet and security companies, which ended-up being reasonably priced for the service; however, we had an issue with one of the day-chateau guards (Sandman Security) that we are addressing separately to both Saddlerock Ranch and the Security company. You will not go wrong booking Saddlerock Ranch. It's gorgeous, dramatic, and there are even animals like zebras, camels, bison, and horses on the property. Bring carrots to feed them for cool shots!

Camp Cabernet

Reviewed on 6/11/2013 Caitlin C

Beautiful site! It's a 24 hour rental and you can choose your own vendors, bring in your own alcohol but must purchase their wine (which is delicious). It has a great bridal suite too.

Most gorgeous venue ever!!!

Reviewed on 9/23/2012 Dena V

I first saw Saddlerock Ranch while perusing SoCal wedding venues online - I was living in Chicago at the time and couldn't see venues in person for several months after I got engaged. I completely fell in love with the first photos I saw of Saddlerock, and it was the first place I visited when I was able to come back to LA. From the moment I stepped foot on the property, I knew it was the perfect place for my wedding. It is an absolute fairytale - there are actual zebras, camels and horses on property! Driving through the property, you can see the grapes for the vineyard hanging on the vines, and there is a breathtaking view around every corner. It is absolutely one of the most stunning locations I have ever seen. Our wedding was on the Chateau le Dome, which sits at the top of a hill and overlooks all the hills of Malibu. The venue is small and can only accommodate 100 people (although, they really suggest no more than 90), but we liked this, because it allowed us to keep our guest count to a manageable number. There is also no curfew (you have the site until 8am the day after your wedding) and no sound restriction, which is awesome, especially after finding out that almost every other venue I looked at closed at 11 or midnight and had a sound restriction. One of my favorite things about the venue is that you bring in all of your own vendors - Saddlerock only provides the space. I wanted to make my wedding very personalized to my husband and I, and we literally got to pick out everything - tables, chairs, food, music, lights, etc. If you aren't super into planning every detail of your wedding, however (for example, there was a point where we were counting how many actual forks and spoons we needed) this could be a downside. The other downside to Saddlerock is that there are some costs that arise that you may not have originally considered. For example, we learned after booking Saddlerock that we'd have to have security and valet, which totaled about $1500. It is also somewhat hard to get to, so we toyed with the idea of providing guests with a shuttle from the hotels in Westlake Village, but in the end, it was too expensive so people just drove or took taxis. Overall, I could not be happier with my choice of Saddlerock as my wedding venue. It is the most gorgeous wedding location I have seen, and my guests loved it!

Send Email