Is this your business? claim it now

Saddlerock Ranch

Malibu, CA

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

$$$$ – Expensive

Farm + Ranch, Historic Venue, Vineyard

Bar + Drinks

32111 Mulholland Hwy, Malibu, CA (818) 889-0008

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Hayley P

I toured at least 30+ venues, and none of them felt right until I stepped foot on Saddlerock Ranch at Chateau Le Dome. Everyone kept telling me, "when you know, you know"... and I was not feeling it at any venue we went to... but this place is seriously breathtaking. That would... Read More explain the pricetag, and why literally famous people get married here. It costs $6,000 just to rent the place. Literally nothing comes with it. You do get it for 24 hours... (technically) although I think we had to be out (vendors/rentals included) by 2am. But you can get there early- 8am, and be there all day. They have a space for the bride to get ready that is functional and cute. But what you're paying for is literally the space. They give you a list of preferred vendors, but you can use whoever you want. I would never change a thing about our wedding, but I will say... be warned to not use this venue if you are not prepared to do A LOT of work planning/coordinating your wedding. And it is not easy. Rentals, coordinator, florals, dj, electrical, bathroom supplies, decorations, photographer, lighting.... the list goes on. You name it- you gotta bring it yourself. Now that is out of the way, on to the good stuff. Things they DO provide: Wine barrels to use as decor ($25/each), Wine for order (price varies, but about $250-$400/case) A shuttle for guests from the parking lot up to the venue (included), You can also take your engagement pics there (free of charge). Although this venue is a lot of work, it means you can literally create your vision from scratch, which is what I wanted. You can also use the whole ranch for pictures. Our day was absolutely beautiful. I don't think there was a guest who didn't mention how beautiful the view was, or that it was the best, or prettiest wedding they had ever been to. Which means, if you are willing to put in the work, it will be worth it. The ladies who work in the office are friendly and helpful and willing to offer advice and help.

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Jennifer K

Saddlerock Ranch provided the absolute PERFECT, STUNNING site for our wedding! The staff was pleasant and easy to work with. Thank you for providing a spectacular location to make our best day ever magical and memorable!

The Most Magical Wedding Site Ever

Reviewed on 11/14/2013 Kelly G

Saddlerock is definitely very pricey, but for me and my husband, the venue was definitely worth it. Everyone at our wedding said it was the most beautiful wedding they'd been to. The site is gorgeous, lush and green, and the trees are filled with twinkle lights. It was truly... Read More magical. And beyond that, the staff we worked with at the venue were fantastic, so helpful, and went out of their way to make sure our special day was perfect.

Stunning Venue: chateau le dome

Reviewed on 8/04/2013 Heather

We chose the chateau le dome site and it was beautiful and stunning: just the perfect setting for our wedding and a dream location. Our guests couldn't believe it was in the Los Angeles area and kept asking us how we found the place. Kim was amazing to work with the entire... Read More process. Everything from our booking, wine order (which was at the site the morning of), and the extra barrels we rented went off perfectly. And although you have to use their wines (if you plan on serving wine or champagne) you get not only a free tasting at their site to try out which ones to serve but you get a discount and can choose very economical wines that taste great. The rental is for 24 hours which was a huge plus for us and very rare in LA and you can bring your own hard alcohol and vendors. I recommend booking a few key vendors that have experience with their site such as a caterer/rental, day-of coordinator, and florist. Since it is a private estate, the cost gets a little higher than just renting the land as you have to use their valet and security companies, which ended-up being reasonably priced for the service; however, we had an issue with one of the day-chateau guards (Sandman Security) that we are addressing separately to both Saddlerock Ranch and the Security company. You will not go wrong booking Saddlerock Ranch. It's gorgeous, dramatic, and there are even animals like zebras, camels, bison, and horses on the property. Bring carrots to feed them for cool shots!

Camp Cabernet

Reviewed on 6/11/2013 Caitlin C

Beautiful site! It's a 24 hour rental and you can choose your own vendors, bring in your own alcohol but must purchase their wine (which is delicious). It has a great bridal suite too.

Most gorgeous venue ever!!!

Reviewed on 9/23/2012 Dena V

I first saw Saddlerock Ranch while perusing SoCal wedding venues online - I was living in Chicago at the time and couldn't see venues in person for several months after I got engaged. I completely fell in love with the first photos I saw of Saddlerock, and it was the first place... Read More I visited when I was able to come back to LA. From the moment I stepped foot on the property, I knew it was the perfect place for my wedding. It is an absolute fairytale - there are actual zebras, camels and horses on property! Driving through the property, you can see the grapes for the vineyard hanging on the vines, and there is a breathtaking view around every corner. It is absolutely one of the most stunning locations I have ever seen. Our wedding was on the Chateau le Dome, which sits at the top of a hill and overlooks all the hills of Malibu. The venue is small and can only accommodate 100 people (although, they really suggest no more than 90), but we liked this, because it allowed us to keep our guest count to a manageable number. There is also no curfew (you have the site until 8am the day after your wedding) and no sound restriction, which is awesome, especially after finding out that almost every other venue I looked at closed at 11 or midnight and had a sound restriction. One of my favorite things about the venue is that you bring in all of your own vendors - Saddlerock only provides the space. I wanted to make my wedding very personalized to my husband and I, and we literally got to pick out everything - tables, chairs, food, music, lights, etc. If you aren't super into planning every detail of your wedding, however (for example, there was a point where we were counting how many actual forks and spoons we needed) this could be a downside. The other downside to Saddlerock is that there are some costs that arise that you may not have originally considered. For example, we learned after booking Saddlerock that we'd have to have security and valet, which totaled about $1500. It is also somewhat hard to get to, so we toyed with the idea of providing guests with a shuttle from the hotels in Westlake Village, but in the end, it was too expensive so people just drove or took taxis. Overall, I could not be happier with my choice of Saddlerock as my wedding venue. It is the most gorgeous wedding location I have seen, and my guests loved it!