ARTFULLY CONSTRUCTED GASTRONOMY

Salthouse Catering has deep roots in Charleston's local culinary soil. From Pawley’s Island to Savannah and everywhere in between Salthouse caters the parties you want to attend! Salthouse uses local, regional and globally sourced, fresh and seasonal ingredients to provide innovative farm to fork creations specific to your event needs. From petite canapés and elegant hors d'oeuvres stations to a casual family style or multi-course dinner service, Salthouse will become your event, not dictate it. Salthouse offers catering services to include venue recommendations, menu creation, beverage services, logistical planning, rentals and vendor coordination, site visits and event supervision to make sure your party runs smoothly from start to finish.

Cuisine

Southern, American, French, Italian, Middle Eastern, BBQ, Fusion, Seafood, Specialty

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Kosher, Nut Free, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian

1750 Signal Point Road, 2-B, Charleston, SC Charleston, The Lowcountry and surrounding areas (843) 577-7847

Reviewed on 7/06/2016 Bethany M

We absolutely loved having Salthouse as part of our special day and we're so glad we discovered them. From our initial in-person consultation with Vince, we were hooked. His knowledge of the menu, logistics, bar service, and positive attitude is just what we needed. Everyone we... Read More worked with at Salthouse were courteous and professional. We must of gone through at least half a dozen revisions to our menu (due to budget and change in guest count) and Salthouse were extremely accommodating. Let's talk about the food! Our guests have been raving about the food since the wedding. The elevated low-country food was fantastic, fresh, and innovative. We selected crab cakes, pork nacho, and compressed watermelon for our passed hors d'oeuvre. They were all exceptional! For our dinner stations we chose a mac and cheese bar, braised shortrib with purple mash potatoes, and a shrimp and grits station. All fantastic! We also had an antipasto station with pickled vegetables, cured meats, cheeses, and deviled eggs. So awesome! Another note...typically the bride and groom are so distracted during the reception that they don't get a chance to eat. The Salthouse staff made certain that my wife and I were able to taste all the courses and even packaged up leftover food for us to take home. We highly recommend Salthouse for any event in the Charleston area.

2017-05-09T09:28:23 Response from the vendor

Thanks for your kind words. We were happy to be part of your special day! Best wishes now and always to you and yours.

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Celia T

Arguably one of the most important aspects of any wedding is the food and Salthouse will not disappoint! We chose chicken and salmon dishes as our main course options and they were just as delicious the day of the wedding as they were on the day of the tasting! The passed hors... Read More d'oeuvres were delicious as well, all of our guests were raving about them! In addition, Vince and everyone working at our wedding truly went above and beyond to make our day great! While my husband and I were taking photos during the cocktail hour, they met us with hors d'oeuvres, water, and wine so we didn't even miss out on the great food! Go with Salthouse catering, you will be more than thrilled that you did!

2017-06-21T14:26:25 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the nice review. We were happy to be a part of your special day!

Reviewed on 6/11/2017 Cassie S

Use them! All of my friends and family are now craving the food from our wedding. My aunt has already suggested we plan another family event so we can have an opportunity to use them again! From the initial conversation with Vince at Salthouse (who is a dream to work with) I... Read More knew I had a good feeling about them. They were so easy and fun to work with throughout getting the menu/pricing figured out & then the amazing tasting! Vince responded to any of my questions in a quick & detailed manor. He often answered questions I didn't even realize I had yet. Just when I thought I couldn't be happier with them, they blew me away at the wedding with their exceptional service. The food tasted even better than the tasting! I really cannot say enough about how wonderful of experience I had with Salthouse Catering! Perfection!

2017-06-12T15:42:31 Response from the vendor

Thanks for taking the time to share these kind words. Salthouse was happy to be part of your big day. We wish you all the best.

Reviewed on 5/08/2017 Kelly H

My husband and I are so happy that we chose to work with Salthouse Catering for our wedding. We had a destination wedding and really wanted to find a catering company that would "wow" our guests at a great price. We definitely found that in Salthouse. From the very beginning,... Read More our experience working with Salthouse was amazing. Vince was so responsive throughout the whole planning process, and he made sure we had everything exactly the way we wanted it. He was kind, very knowledgeable about the menu, professional, and was always quick to respond. On the day of the wedding, the food was absolutely delicious and the presentation was amazing. Our guests are still raving about how incredible the food was. And the fried chicken biscuits at the end of the night were such a hit. My husband and I were so busy visiting with everyone at our wedding that we did not get a chance to eat. But Salthouse put together several to-go boxes for us so to make sure that we were able to enjoy all of the delicious food. I cannot say enough great things about working with Salthouse. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a fantastic caterer. You will not be disappointed!

2017-05-09T09:29:13 Response from the vendor

Thanks for your kind words and nice review. We were happy to be part of your special day. Best wishes to you.

Reviewed on 4/12/2017 Bianca M

Can't thank Salthouse & Vince enough for the amazing job they did at our wedding on Folly Beach on 4/8. Out of 50 guests from New York and family who have businesses in the food industry, there was not 1 complaint and everyone kept saying how good the food and the presentation... Read More was. I heard from many different guests that it was by far the best food they've ever had at a wedding. Salthouse was our first tasting and we knew from the moment we got there, that we were going to choose them. Aside from the food being delicious, Vince was the easiest person to communicate with throughout the whole process and so attentive to all the little details. They set up our tables and chairs and centerpieces beautifully & everything went so smoothly. Thank you again so much, it was so appreciated!!

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Taylor M

If you are planning a wedding or event in the Charleston, SC area and you are lucky enough that Salthouse has an opening- stop reading this and BOOK THEM NOW! Salthouse catered our 10.22.16 wedding and they were hands down the best decision we made. From the very beginning Vince... Read More was the most helpful, attentive and responsive person we worked with. He talked us through absolutely everything from the planning of our menu to the layout and timeline of our day. I was planning our wedding all by myself so having Vince as a resource for all of my questions and concerns truly helped me sleep at night. I am extremely picky/detail oriented and food was the most important part of planning for me. Salthouse went above and beyond all of our expectations. We went with three tapas style stations: A braised short rib, country fried chicken and mac n’ cheese and a New England lobster roll, all of which we HIGHLY recommend. The food looked like it came out of a gourmet magazine and it tasted even better. Absolutely every single one of our guests raved about the food and the service at our wedding. People are still saying it was the best food they have ever had – not just at a wedding! Everything was so innovative, fresh and delicious it made all of our foodie partygoers drool. It is not your typical “wedding food” all though I have no doubt they could whip that up if that’s more your style. The entire Salthouse staff from the chefs to the servers were incredibly kind and so fun to work with! They took care of absolutely everything! Please trust me when I tell you, you will not regret working with Salthouse. Actually, my Dad wants to throw another party just so he can eat the bourbon brown sugar gravy and work with Vince and the Salthouse crew again and that is how truly amazing and talented these guys are. Simply Incredible. Thank you Salthouse!!

2017-05-09T09:30:06 Response from the vendor

Thanks for your kind words. We were happy to be part of the celebration!

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Shannon S

I cannot say enough about the food and customer service of Salthouse Catering. They were more than helpful when I had questions or needed to change the menu. I loved working with Vince!

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Cari T

A-MAZING! Vince and his crew delivered one of the best wedding meals I have ever had. When walking and talking with our guests, we saw nothing but clean plates. Their attention to detail and plating really sets Salthouse a part from the others. Because of a last minute catering... Read More switch, we didn't have a tasting, but we trusted Salthouse and they delivered!

2016-09-23T10:29:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you for having us as part of your special day and for your kind words.

Reviewed on 5/19/2016 Dalit G

Vince and his team delivered a spectacular feast for our wedding in Charleston, SC. The food was delicious and the planning was made so much easier with them. I highly recommend Salthouse Catering!

Reviewed on 3/18/2016

We used Vince and the folks at Salthouse for our rehearsal dinner and our wedding reception, and they were wonderful! Not only was the food amazing (the only complaint I heard the whole weekend from any wedding guest was that they didn't have room in their stomach to eat more of... Read More it, and I heard a lot of "this is the best food I've ever had at a wedding,) but also the staff were very friendly and responsive. I highly, highly recommend them. ProTip: get the biscuit bar. You'll thank me later. -David Shiffman, groom, 3/13/16

Reviewed on 1/06/2016 Chip R

The BEST caterer we could have imagined working with! Tanya and her team served our wedding guests sophisticated low country food that was delicious to eat and beautifully displayed! My husband and I are still getting compliments about the food and our only regrets are not... Read More taking the time to eat more of it ourselves! Most brides usually don't have a minute to eat or try the cake at their reception… the good news is that Salthouse catering sent us home with "to go" bags so that my husband and I could enjoy some late night food on our wedding night :)

Unbelievable Food and Service

Reviewed on 3/26/2014 Jessica B

Tonya and Todd are a perfect team. Tonya helped make the whole process of hiring a caterer so smooth. She was easy to talk to and didn't make us feel out of place while trying to make decisions. We mentioned we wanted a brunch wedding and what they provided for us went above... Read More and beyond what thought was possible. When we had our tasting, there was not a single item that we would have asked to change. The price was amazing for the quality of food we received. The service staff was impeccable the day of the wedding. They even brought passed hors d'oeuvres to us while we were taking pictures! I will hire Salthouse Catering if I EVER need to cater another event.

Tanya Gurrieri

With over 20 years in the special event industry, Tanya Gurrieri joined Chef Todd Mazurek to create Salthouse in 2012. She brings with her deep local roots firmly planted in the culinary scene of the Lowcountry and a passion for food. Her experience in event planning, catering and venue management reach from Charleston to Atlanta and back again. Previous to launching Salthouse Catering, Tanya led several successful local catering companies. Tanya is a native Charlestonian and a graduate of the College of Charleston. She is married to a former chef and they have 2 children.