We Have the Perfect Wedding Band for You!

Over the last 15 years, we have helped thousands of brides and grooms book the best in live music. From party bands playing radio favorites to Motown bands delivering fiery versions of soul classics to elegant jazz groups for a quieter evening, you can find it all among the artists we work with.

Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock

Dec9f43f 97e4 40b7 87a9 9d17ceef4785~rs 100
Ca2ef7db d224 45ed bee8 1903676b6ed4~rs 100

Charlottesville, VA Serving Virginia (866) 726-4455

Reviewed on 7/26/2016 Harris K

Sam Hill Entertainment is such a great way to find wedding reception entertainment. Andrew Juge was quick and sent me plenty of band options that were exactly what I told him I was looking for. Once I selected the one I wanted, the contract was issued quickly and everything went... Read More off without a hitch. Affirmative Groove was amazing at the reception and people are still talking about them weeks later. I could not have asked for an easier way to find entertainment (and my job is in the music industry!) and a better band for the reception.

Reviewed on 6/24/2016 Jess H

**This review is for E3** We used Sam Hill Entertainment to book E3 band for our wedding day (May 2016). Andrew at SHE was extremely helpful in working with us to narrow down the best band for our wedding. We picked E3 because we could tell from the videos that they had... Read More amazing energy and a really fun vibe. We also added a 4th band member (keyboard player) just because we wanted to make sure there was enough sound and honestly it probably was not even necessary. E3 was just as upbeat and exciting in person as on video and did not disappoint. They play a wide variety of music which got people of all ages on the dance floor. We had multiple people tell us they were one of the best wedding bands they had ever seen. They also played right up until the very end of the night, which we really respected. Most importantly, they pronounced EVERYONE'S names correctly and took the time to specifically go over those kinds of details with me ahead of time. They learned our first dance song for the wedding and played it perfectly. They also stuck to our few "please play" and "please do not play" directives which made the night very enjoyable for us. We cannot say enough good things about them- they are an amazing value!

Reviewed on 12/13/2017 Michelle W

It was an absolute pleasure working with Sam Hill Entertainment to book our live wedding band. From start to finish, the entire Sam Hill team was professional, responsive, and easy to deal with in the midst of a million other logistical needs. They helped make our wedding day a... Read More complete success. And the band was amazing! We would definitely recommend Sam Hill for all of your wedding music needs.

Reviewed on 12/06/2017 Boodie M

Sam Hill and in particular Andrew was fabulous to work with! They were responsive, professional and provided full disclosure on all details. We retained a wonderful band through them (MO SOL). They were a total blast and the dance floor was packed from beginning until the... Read More very end! Thank you for a wonderful experience!

Reviewed on 11/09/2017 Kaleigh B

I can't begin to describe how amazing the band Horizon was at our wedding reception!! Our guests are still raving about them and many actually commented that they thought they were the best band they had heard at any wedding reception. We loved them and the dance floor was... Read More packed all night long! Their song selection was the best and their energy incredible! The band leader, Lawrence was so easy to work with and we genuinely felt he wanted us to have the best reception ever! Choosing the right band was our number one priority from the very beginning. Undoubtedly, we made the very best decision hiring Horizon through Sam Hill Entertainment!! Andy Jaspen at Sam Hill was so helpful in the entire process of making this decision and was always available to answer questions and offer suggestions. A great person to work with! We made the right choice and are so happy we did!

Reviewed on 11/06/2017 Alayna T

We used Sam Hill to contract both our ceremony and reception music and were so happy we did! Peter Richardson's guitar music was delightful for the ceremony and cocktail, and In Full's dancing tunes kept everyone on their feet from the first song on. The Sam Hill team was also... Read More very easy to deal with, helping us find solutions to all of our music and AV needs!

Reviewed on 11/02/2017 Erin M

We could not have been happier with the Jeff Decker band on the night of our wedding! We had had some trouble communicating with both Sam Hill and the band itself leading up to our day, which gave us some concern, but in retrospect we realize they just had everything under... Read More control. Jeff Decker and his band played all of our favorite songs and matched the aesthetic of our evening perfectly with their style. We were thrilled to see so many of our guests dancing to songs like Our Love is Here to Stay and I Can't Help Falling in Love with You.

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Megan B

Andrew and the team at Sam Hill made it extremely easy to find a band for our wedding. We started the band process a bit late, but they were able to recommend a list of bands in our price range so we could find the perfect group. The Bellevue Rhythmaires played for our reception... Read More and were FABULOUS. We cannot recommend them highly enough. Their bluegrass-feel worked perfectly in our venue space (Castle Hill Cider) and they played all the hits and classics and our requests. We could not have been happier with the band! This was one of the easiest vendors we worked with in the whole process, so I highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Bri V

Mike Miglino was incredible to work with! Easy to communicate with and always timely. We booked Whiskey Rebellion for our wedding band and loved them! They learned our song and played it perfectly and were just a fun, upbeat source of entertainment all night. Thanks for... Read More everything! -Jim & Bri

Reviewed on 10/21/2017 Meredith H

We booked the band Ban Caribe through Sam Hill and had a wonderful experience. The band was great -- my guests had a blast, and Sam Hill was very easy to work with. Would recommend to anyone planning an event with live music.

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Bobbi Kae G

We used Sam Hill Entertainment for our September Wedding. We used the band E3 because we had heard them at a previous wedding and had so much fun. They were AMAZING. So easy to work with. And were so much fun. We have had so many compliments about them and how it was such a... Read More great mix of music for all ages! We highly recommend E3 for any and all party music needs!

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Katie R

So easy to work with Sam Hill. They have every style and need for your wedding entertainment. Andrew was incredible to work with-helpful and responsive. Affirmative Groove was everything we wanted. Both sides of the family were on the dance for most of the night, our friends... Read More felt like they were at a concert, and the band helped with emceeing many parts of the night. They mastered the song they learned for us (Red Hot Mama); everyone thoroughly enjoyed that number. They were one of the main reasons for the success of the night.

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Bridget H

Sam Hill Entertainment took the confusion and complexity out of everything! I found the most amazing wedding band from them. A friend had recommended a band and we tried to book them about 6 months before our wedding but they were already booked up. So Sam Hill recommended... Read More similar bands and we listened to all of the videos on their site, read reviews etc and ended matching with Hipshack, a band out of N.C. Everything was so easy, the booking process, selecting our first dances, and paying was so easy. I highly recommend.

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Mallory M

Sam Hill is wonderful to work with. Andrew was so resourceful and helped us find the perfect band, E3, for our wedding. E3 was AMAZING! They took care of everything during the reception, and even made a special accommodation to have my husband's uncle play and sing the first... Read More dance. The dance floor was never empty and E3 played their hearts and souls out that night.

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Betsy H

Andy Jaspen at SHE was extremely helpful and professional! Our daughter's wedding band, Attraction, was fabulous! Energetic, engaging, soulful, and extremely talented only begin to describe them! Thanks to Andy as well as Dave and the rest of the band for a wonderful... Read More reception. Many of our guests commented on Attraction being the best wedding band they ever heard, and I wholeheartedly agree. You could not find a better company or band for your event.

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Ann O

Horizon was absolutely PHENOMENAL at my wedding at the Tides Inn! The band members, the music, the energy....just everything was incredible! Working with Horizon was great too, they were super responsive and extremely easy to work with. Even when we had some bridal party members... Read More request songs throughout the night, they played them right away and everyone was thrilled! I would recommend Horizon to anyone for weddings, parties, or any event! Every single person that came up to me that night wanted to know the name of the band and how phenomenal you all were. I have NEVER, NEVER, NEVER known a band to play for four hours straight with one break! I've been to weddings,frat parties and various social events where bands take breaks every 20 minutes and the whole momentum of the night is lost. With Horizon, people were on the dance floor all night long! Thank you so much again for making our day so special and unforgettable - you guys were great!!!

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Sarah A

We worked with Justin at Sam Hill to secure Dance Candy for our wedding this past weekend in Charlottesville. Sam Hill Entertainment was incredibly professional to work with as was the band. Dance Candy brought energy and excitement to our wedding and helped my parents throw... Read More the party of the year. I would highly recommend Sam Hill Entertainment and Dance Candy! Sarah Leonard

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Wimberly k

If there were a hundred stars, Sam Hill Entertainment would get that rating from me. We had Bent Mountain Trio perform at our daughter's wedding on Saturday. They are a fun, Blue Grass Jazz band, offering soothing music, including "canon in d" at the ceremony and fun Jazz at the... Read More Cocktail Hour. From the moment we secured our date with Sam Hill Entertainment to having Bent Mountain Trio perform, there was not one moment of stress working with this vendor. Our daughter was married atop a hill, at a beautiful winery. We requested Bent Mountain Trio provide the music component of the ceremony, and then perform at the Cocktail Hour. They easily provided both. The guys in the band were courteous, professional, and did everything we requested. They arrived at the venue well in advance of the ceremony. As the Mother of the Bride, my shoulders relaxed, knowing our music was on the scene. You won't be disappointed, working with the folks at Sam Hill Entertainment, or the guys in Bent Mountain Trio. They honestly strived to ensure this wedding day went perfectly.

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Cristina A

We used Sam Hill Entertainment to book the band E3 for our wedding. From the start, the agent Andy from Sam Hill was very responsive and easy to work with. He helped us choose E3 and they were the perfect band! The band sent a simple questionnaire of how we wanted things to... Read More go on our wedding day and that was really all they needed from us to prepare. From the introductions, to our first dances, and the rest of the wedding -- everything went perfectly! I originally planned to play our first dance songs on an I-Pod, but the band told our wedding coordinator that they could play all of our songs, so that was a pleasant surprise! The band was so much fun and we didn't leave the dance floor once since they started playing. Would highly recommend Sam Hill as a booking agency and definitely recommend E3 as a wedding band!

Reviewed on 9/12/2017 Ashley B

My (now) husband and I LOVE to dance. It was the number one priority for us to have a fun band at our wedding, and Sam Hill Entertainment did not disappoint. I had heard Adrian Duke Project previously, but when I inquired with Andrew at SHE, he made it happen for us!! Their... Read More communication to us was always prompt and kind, as well as extremely informative and personal. As far as bands go, Adrian Duke Project was 10/10 and would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding band!! They were so fun and talented and kept the energy alive the entire night!

Reviewed on 8/29/2017 Elizabeth D

We used Sam Hill because my husband used them booking bands in college. We couldn't have been more pleased. We booked Horizon before we told anyone we were engaged. Every person we worked with at Sam Hill was wonderful. Lawrence, from Horizon, was extremely accommodating. My... Read More Mistress of Ceremonies said he was so easy to work with during the reception. Everyone has told us it is the best band they have seen at a wedding in a while. I can't thank Sam Hill and Horizon enough for making that one aspect of the wedding the easiest! The was probably one of the most important things to us!

Reviewed on 8/26/2017 Blakely M

Sam Hill entertainment allowed us to search all the wedding bands in the area to find a group whose musical style and price point fit us well. Before our wedding, my wife and I decided that one of the most important things we wanted for our reception was a live band. There’s... Read More something about the energy of a live band that a DJ just can’t match, and the band we found through Sam Hill, the Jangling Reinharts absolutely delivered. They kept our guests dancing for hours, despite the 90+ degree heat of our reception. Both our peers and our older guests have remarked on the excellence of the music selection: It’s been over a month since our wedding and we’re still receiving compliments.

Reviewed on 8/20/2017 Alaina A

Andrew with SHE helped us book our wedding band. He gave us a list of what was available and what he thought we might like and we narrowed it down from there. He was great with keeping in touch with us also, especially when we were in the midst of e-mails from several other... Read More parts of wedding planning. We booked In Full and they were absolutely FANTASTIC! They kept the dance floor full all night, and we got so many compliments on how great they were and how much all of the guests enjoyed them! One thing everyone commented on was how the lead female vocalist changed outfits between each set and how it set the mood/tone for the music they were playing, so professional. I worked with James from In Full mostly by e-mail and one phone conversation. He was very professional, easy going, and helpful. He was quick to respond to everything that we needed. Overall, we are so happy with our choice to book In Full. It honestly really made our reception. Also, it was probably the best value for our money out of anything that we booked for the wedding overall. We could not be more pleased!

Reviewed on 7/20/2017 Brenna W

Did a great job. We had our wedding in Richmond. Sam Hill was super responsive with any questions and made sure everything went smoothly. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Suzann T

We used Sam Hill Entertainment’s THE AFTER PARTY EXPERIENCE band for my daughter’s wedding the end of June in Eufaula, Alabama. They were great to work with…from the initial contact to the end of the event. We were in constant communication via email up until the week of the... Read More wedding and then spoke on the phone with the leader, Daniel, several times. You receive a questionnaire about music genres, special things you might want to take place, additional instruments (horns) available, etc. Every requested song was played. They are very interactive and high energy. The dance floor was never empty! We are still receiving calls and notes from friends and they all say “that was the best band I’ve ever heard at a reception!” All age groups thoroughly enjoyed the music. You are entertained from the beginning to the end. THE AFTER PARTY EXPERIENCE made the evening a night to remember. They were fantastic