Sampson's Hollow

Walland, TN

Book Your Wedding with Sampson's Hollow

A BALLROOM IN WALLAND, TN

Sampson's Hollow in Walland, Tennessee, invites brides and grooms out to the farm to enjoy the down home congeniality that helps set the scene for a truly unique wedding celebration. Surrounded by the Great Smoky Mountains, little compares to this tiny slice of heaven set back from the hustle and bustle of the big cities.

The Bonny Red Barn. This may be a barn, but it's a barn with a unique mission. With expansive event space both inside and on the covered front porch, virtually any wedding event would be right at home here. The interior of the barn will seat 100 and the covered porch will seat about 200 guests. A charming chandelier on the front porch lends ambience. Inside, the barn features multiple levels, a fireplace, a small kitchen and three restrooms. Twinkle lights line the ceiling beams. The space is climate-controlled with both heat and air conditioning and it is handicap accessible. Fire pits are placed conveniently outside of the barn so you can spill out onto the grounds to enjoy the evening.

White Meadow Pergola. Standing in the midst of the vast white meadow stands a quaint pergola, which is an ideal spot to exchange vows. With mountains on every side and wild flowers growing freely, it's hard to imagine a more pastoral setting. This venue will accommodate up to 200 guests.

Sarah's Glen. Tucked neatly away under an expanse of trees and shrubs, Sarah's Glen offers a quiet and intimate spot to for nuptials. Choose from one of three arbors for your altar and use the stacked rock steps for your processional.

The Cross and Footbridge. If marrying in a secluded forest by a footbridge sounds ideal, there's a spot for that at Sampson's Hollow. A cascading pond and creek provide peaceful background sounds. A wooden cross can serve as an altar. This space will fit about 30 guests.

With the firm belief that every wedding is the unique result of the dreams and desires of brides and grooms, the event staff at Sampson's Hollow work to plan magical wedding days. With the stunning acreage of Sampson's Hollow as their palette, the event specialists create masterpiece weddings.

The venue offers wedding packages. However, the team consults carefully with every couple to help them go beyond these parameters to design exactly the celebration they want.

The Once Upon a Dream Package will accommodate between 100 and 150 guests. You will have the service of an approved minister to perform the ceremony. You will also have three hours on Friday to decorate and for the rehearsal. On Saturday, you have the choice of nine hours between 12:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m. for your event. You also have a variety of decorator items to use as you wish, including heavy rose petals, mason jars, greenery and white baby's breath to decorate the altar and use of wood tree rounds for guest table centerpieces. The Little Farmhouse Cabin will be yours for the entire day and night of your event. The bridal couple will also have a sparkler exit at the end of the night.

The Daydreams A Package includes an officiant for the service, a one-hour rehearsal and six hours of event time. This package is designed for 100 guests. The Daydreams B Package includes an upgrade to eight hours of event time and use of the Little Farmhouse Cabin for the day and night of your event. This package will accommodate 125 guests.

The Smoky Mountain Dreamin' Package includes a ceremony and reception in your choice of sites on the property. You have the services of the wedding director and an officiant for the ceremony. Decorations include mason jars or heavy rose petals, the bride's bouquet and the groom's boutonniere, floral decorations at the ceremony, a crystal and brass chandelier over the arbor at the altar and burlap overlays with mason jars and baby's breath on tree rounds. You will also have reception decorations that include table linens, miniature lights, greenery and candles. The staff will drive golf carts to assist guests with moving around the venue. This package also includes three options for the reception dinner, a three-tier wedding cake to serve 30, fabric linens and disposable serving ware and a sparkler exit. Menu options include a pork tenderloin meal, a baked lasagna or spaghetti meal and a finger food meal. The bridal couple can stay in the Little Farmhouse Cabin overnight.

A smaller elopement package is also available for weekday ceremonies with very small guest lists and for very short rental periods. The event staff provides recommendations for wedding services. The staff prefers that you choose their caterers and other professionals, but you are not required to use them. The staff will transport you throughout the property on golf carts to help you find the best places for the most memorable photo opportunities.

All decorations must be approved by the event staff. Silk flower petals, confetti, glitter and streamers are prohibited on the grounds. You can use bubbles or wildflower seeds during your event. The staff asks that guests not pick wildflowers.

Flexibility and a welcoming attitude are the hallmarks of the services provided by the event coordinators at Sampson's Hollow. They want to hear your unique wedding vision and they welcome special requests.

• Explore the nature trails on the property during your event
  • Reserve the Powell Farmhouse for family and friends who wish to spend the night

For your very own once upon a time...

Sampson's Hollow is the perfect location for a vintage-inspired wedding in a classic, but rustic setting. Gently kissed by the romantic mist of the Great Smoky Mountains, the property has been recognized as a Century old farm . Let our venue be your storybook inspiration for a happily ever after.

Ballroom, Farm + Ranch, Barn, Historic Venue, Tented

Food + Catering, Planning

1335 W. Miller's Cove Road, Walland, TN (865) 387-1234

Reviewed on 6/04/2017 Kristen B

Our wedding at Sampson’s Hollow in May was absolutely gorgeous. The venue itself was breathtaking and there were so many great spots for us to get amazing pictures! We only had about 50 guests, but Janice helped us create a wedding package that was perfect for us and included... Read More almost everything we needed for our wedding. The reception food and wedding cake included in our package was so delicious, and the decorations we’re spot on. Our package also included an amazing wedding coordinator. You don’t know how valuable a wedding coordinator is until you start planning for a wedding, and our wedding coordinator, Lesley, was incredible! She met with us multiple times before the wedding to go over every detail, and I honestly could not have done any of the wedding planning without Lesley! She definitely went way above and beyond to make our day unforgettable! I just cannot say enough good things about Lesley and Janice at Sampson’s Hollow! I highly recommend this venue if you are looking for a beautiful rustic/country wedding with amazing staff who care about your special day!

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Carly B

Working with Sampson's Hollow was a dream from beginning to end. The venue itself is entirely gorgeous, and the staff is awesome. We worked together for about a year planning everything, and there were a couple of hiccups along the line (like my cashiers check getting lost in... Read More the mail) and they handled it very well. I highly recommend them. Carole was my planner and she was AWESOME. She made everything look completely gorgeous. I gave her the framework and she just ran with it. making everything more beautiful than I could have imagined. I'm a pretty big planner and it's hard for me to let go of the reigns, but Carole took them and I had full confidence in her. Please book your wedding with Sampson's Hollow and I know they will treat you right!

Reviewed on 7/08/2017 Bob M

About a month ago our daughter was married at Sampson's Hollow. Being the father of only one daughter I wasn't sure what to expect except that I was suppose to give her away when and where I was told to do so. I have never participated in an event that went as smoothly as this... Read More one did. Everything and everyone was in it's/their place when it/they were suppose to be thanks to Carol's coordination. It seemed as if there was a cast of thousands attending to every detail. This included family adding personal touches that greatly enhanced the event. Pictures just can't do justice to the beauty of the venue. The food tasted like home cooking. The staff attended to every detail in an unobtrusive way. I'm sure if problems had occurred they would have been taken care of in a professional manner but thanks to their professionalism that wasn't necessary. I highly recommend anyone contemplating hosting an event to contact Janice Livingston at Sampson's Hollow to see what they have to offer. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 Mitzi M

For a stressless wedding, choose Sampson’s Hollow I had seen too many of my friends with stress and anxiety leading up to their wedding day. I wanted to enjoy the planning process and our wedding, and Sampson’s Hollow was the perfect choice. Janice, our coordinator Carole, and... Read More their staff treated us like family from day one. They took care of every detail, including the ceremony, reception, food, decorations, and clean up. Everyone working there is fun and easy to work with. My guests raved about how beautiful the venue was and how good the food tasted. I am still craving the wedding cake that Maggie made for us! They created a beautiful day that made all my little girl dreams come true!

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 Michelle A

I cannot say thank you enough to the wonderful people at Sampson's Hollow. I knew when Janice and I first spoke on the phone that we'd made the right venue decision for my daughter Ally's wedding (June 3, 2017). Not only is the venue first rate in every way, but also the wedding... Read More planner Carole White was top notch. I don't think I (the MOB) could've survived the wedding planning process without her. My daughter and I were doing everything sight unseen, from several states away, but Carole made even that less-than- ideal situation wonderful. She is amazing at what she does, and the sweetest, funniest person you'll ever meet. Love her! Sampson's Hollow was absolutely the perfect spot for the outdoor garden wedding of my daughter's dreams. From the various picturesque locations for the actual wedding ceremony to the adorable little cabin where Ally and Wes spent their first night as husband and wife to the gorgeous, quaint barn for the reception--it was the best! The staff is so helpful, and they do everything to accommodate you. For example, they provided a golf cart for the wedding photographer so she could take the bride and groom to many locations around the gorgeous property for wedding pics. All I can say is...thank you, Janice and Carole, for partnering with me to make my daughter's dreams come true. Much love! ❤

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Tony C

I could never imagine a better place to have our joyous occasion celebrated!! The owners and staff are excellent, kind, and caring and do not miss any details.

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Katie W

It was a beautiful and memorable place to get married in the mountains that we love. It gave our families a great place to get away on a vacation and a destination wedding that was memorable and fun! Also some of the best food that we have ever had! My family still talks about... Read More how delicious the mashed potatoes and rolls were. The wedding photos of us in the mountains are better than we imagined and perfect in our home! Thanks for helping make our wedding one of the best days of our lives!

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Jeannie H

First of all, if you want a venue where you can feel completely relaxed and stress free through your entire wedding planning process, then this is your venue! I knew I wanted to get married at Sampson's Hollow after the first time I visited there. Not only is the venue... Read More BEAUTIFUL, but the owner Janice and the rest of the staff are all so incredibly nice! The best part of it all? They can provide almost everything for you! The only major things I had to go out on my own to provide for the day was a DJ and a photographer. My package included the linens, cleanup, my cake, the catering, decorations, AND flowers! I can't say enough good things about this venue. We had the most perfect wedding day here, and I hope other people get to experience the greatness of Sampson's Hollow like we did!

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Mahgen H

I just had my wedding 8 days ago and I couldn't be more happy with how everything turned out. The mountain view, the vintage cabin and barn, the food, everything that came with the package that we got. It was all wonderful. With the help of Carole White everything went smoothly.... Read More Everyone tells you something goes wrong on your wedding day, I can mark that off for that not happening. Thank you Sampson Hollow for making our fairytale wedding come true.

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Ashley R

Sampson's Hollow is as accommodating as it is beautiful. The management has gone far out of their way to give me the best day possible! They wonderful accommodations they include in their packages far exceeds what other venues are willing to do without adding charges on top of... Read More charges. They truly have the bride and groom's best interest in mind rather than the amount of money they are making. Because of this distinction, I feel Sampson's Hollow is superior to other venues of similar styles.

Reviewed on 5/24/2016 Amanda I

I can't begin to describe how perfect our wedding was at Sampson's Hollow. I credit the amazing team and wonderful owners that work so hard to make our day one to remember. The venue sits in the heart of the Great Smokey Mountains in a picturesque valley that comes from... Read More storybooks. HA! It is impossible to not achieve a beautiful wedding in that setting. I feel that the professionalism, hard work, and kind team at Sampson's Hollow went above and beyond to make sure our wedding ran smoothly. I knew with Lesley at the helm, I didn't have to worry about anything except making sure my hair was big enough. :) We were married on May 1 which was GORGEOUS and I can only imagine how beautiful the valley must be in the fall! I would actually recommend this venue for ALL SEASONS! We loved every minute of our day and hope others will choose this incredible setting for their special day.

All I can say is wow!

Reviewed on 3/19/2015

Absolutely wonderful! Everything was perfect, and they are so great to work with! The flowers, food, cake, and entire venue were absolutely amazing! They made things so easy and the entire process a breeze. Their packages are affordable, and definitely help those with busy... Read More schedules! I fell in love as soon as I stepped onto the grounds, and everyone was lovely to work with. Janice, Lesley, and the guys are wonderful! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

Mama, It Was Exactly What We Wanted

Reviewed on 11/01/2014

Sampson's Hollow was the picture perfect place for our daughter's May wedding. From the beautifully maintained grounds, to the food service staff(a big thanks to Idamae), to our wedding coordinator(shout out to Lesley)everything was just perfect. Each member of the staff worked... Read More to meet our every request. Our daughter and now son-in-law told us, "It was exactly what we wanted," as they prepared for their sparkler exit. If you choose Sampson's Hollow you will not be disappointed.

PERFECT!

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 wendy b

We could not have been happier with our decision to get married at Sampson's Hollow. The friendliness of the staff and their professionalism was exceptional. We used their wedding coordinator services and that was the best decision we have ever made. When our ceremony... Read More musician fell through a week before our wedding, our coordinator was able to find a replacement within a day. She was awesome and her calm helped keep me calm (which is very important!). There were just so many great things about Sampson's Hollow and the services they provide. We were able to customize our wedding package to include all that we wanted and took out all of the things that we weren't interested in. They were very flexible with letting us make it our day. It was just perfect! There was nothing that we would have changed about our wedding or our experience at Sampson's Hollow. Visit in person so that you can ride around with Bill on his golf cart and see their beautiful property!!

A perfect day!

Reviewed on 10/27/2014

Sampsons Hollow was a wonderful venue and the staff was the absolute best! Our coordinator did a super job helping me get all of the details planned out and I didn't have one single worry the day of our wedding! Absolutely worth it!

PERFECT Fairy Tale Wedding

Reviewed on 10/27/2014

I couldn't of asked for a better venue. They took care of everything for me, making my day as stress free as possible! My wedding coordinator was amazing beyond words! She got ideas of what I wanted for my wedding and made it twenty times better. I highly recommend this... Read More beautiful venue to anyone! Great price for perfection.

Sampson's Hollow: A Dream Come True

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Maggie H

I had the very best experience at Sampson's Hollow. Our day could not have been any more perfect thanks to the excellent staff and fantastic facility. Everyone was so helpful, attentive and kind. Sampson's Hollow went above and beyond our expectations and I would... Read More enthusiastically recommend the facility and staff to any fellow bride!

The Best Day Of My Life!

Reviewed on 10/21/2014

In my personal experience with Sampson's Hollow was absolutely amazing and a wonderful venue to work with! My flowers made by Janice were so pretty and better than I ever could have imagined. And Lesley is AWESOME! The best wedding coordinator I could have asked for!! Several... Read More guests were impressed by her hard work all day! Their property is stunning and so beautiful! I'm sad to say that my big day is over because being at Sampson's Hollow was like a fairy tale!

Wedding at Sampson's Hollow

Reviewed on 10/18/2014

ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS WEDDING! The wedding facilities are located in the mountains which creates a beautiful backdrop for the wedding. Our wedding planner, Carole, took care of all the details. The place including the reception hall was beautifully decorated the way asked. The... Read More food which they prepared there was delicious. Our pictures taken on the grounds using their facilities are beautiful. We showed Carole a picture of the cake we wanted. The cake looked just like the picture. Our guests raved about the food, decorations, and wedding ceremony. We told them we wanted wildflowers for the bouquets and the bouquets they made were beautiful....perfect for the wedding. I had the stress free, fairy tale wedding day because of their hard work. I would recommend Sampson's Hollow to any one planning a wedding.

most beautiful wedding venue!

Reviewed on 10/15/2014

Janice made everything so simple for me. I stress out very easily and Janice coached me through the whole thing! We traveled from Ohio to Tennessee which was made effortless by her! She asked what I wanted and she delivered! Everyone went above and beyond to make our day... Read More special! They made us feel like we were the most important people on the planet! I am already sending prospective people her way because I am a life long fan! Five stars doesn't seem to be enough! If you're looking for a unique,rustic, antique looking venue, look no further!!!

Amanda and Ronnie 6/22/14

Reviewed on 9/17/2014

First I would like to thank the staff at Sampson's Hollow for making my wedding day all that I envisioned, and more. They took care of everything, so we did nothing but enjoy our special day. Allowing Sampson's Hollow to plan and coordinate our special day made for an effortless... Read More wedding, and reception. They took care of everything except photography. I chose Gary Woods for my photography, and I would highly recommend him to anyone as well. The staff at Sampson's Hollow were on top of every request, and even my guests commented on how fabulous the staff were. Also, the food and decorations were even better than we had anticipated. The farm itself is gorgeous, and everyone went on and on about how beautiful my wedding was. We stayed for three nights and absolutely loved every single moment. We plan to return for another stay in the cabin sometime in the future. I highly recommend Sampson's Hollow for a wedding of any size, or budget. I could not have been more pleased.

Dream Come True

Reviewed on 9/03/2014 Lacy R

I couldn't have imagined a better wedding day. Carole, my wedding coordinator, was there for me every step of the way, and insured that every detail met my expectations. All the staff was wonderful, and were very considerate. It rained right before my ceremony, and they were... Read More able to get everything ready outside in under 2 hours. The wedding site is gorgeous with beautiful views of the Smokies.There is a wild flower patch planted next to one of the two wedding sites that add a special touch to this venue. I would highly recommend them. We really lucked out finding them, and were so grateful they were a part of our special day!

Wonderful Spring Wedding

Reviewed on 9/02/2014

We had our wedding at Sampson's Hollow in March. The weather turned out to be perfect just like the wedding site. Carol and Janice were wonderful to work with and made the entire process as stress free as possible. You definitely get your money's worth and I would recommend... Read More Sampson's Hollow to any bride looking for a beautiful no fuss outdoor wedding. Thank you again Sampson's Hollow for making my wedding a day to remember!

Our wedding at Sampson's Hollow!

Reviewed on 9/01/2014

Sampson's Hollow exceeded our expectations for our wedding! My husband and I recently reconciled our marriage at Sampson's Hollow in Tennessee, and we simply could not have chosen a more exquisite and peaceful place to do so. Sampson's Hollow is located in the most beautiful... Read More area of Tennessee and is a slice of heaven with beautiful, rolling hills and mountains all around. Sampson's Hollow has so much to offer with several amazing on site locations to choose from for exchanging your wedding vows. It truly was so difficult for us to choose the exact spot on their grounds to have our ceremony because everything they had to offer was just so beautiful. Sampson's Hollow was able to take all of the stress out of the planning by offering menu types, flowers, cake, and even photographers, which by the way, were all very professionally done with such elegance. Everything was set and ready for us when we arrived at their venue. All we had to do was show up! What a relief to walk in with friendly, professional people all waiting to handle your special day with such care. Sampson's Hollow is simply rustic elegance through and through with their beauty, care, and attention to detail which meant so much to us since Tennessee is our second home and all of the planning was done long distance. We now have the most breathtaking wedding photos of our special day and every single photo was perfect. We chose their white gazebo with hanging chandelier and rolling hills in backdrop to exchange our vows with our white dove release at the end!!! We are so grateful for Sampson's Hollow and all they had to offer! We and many of our family and friends highly recommend Sampson's Hollow for anyone's special wedding day!!! You will fall in love, we promise!!! Greatest Sincerity, Mr. & Mrs. Chester xo

Love Sampson's Hollow!

Reviewed on 12/04/2011 Christen S

Lovely location, two places on the property to get married. Great character about the place. People are easy to work with through e-mails and phone calls. Have worked with lots of other vendors which makes the day flow easily.