San Chez Bistro and Catering

Banquet/Reception Hall, Restaurant

38 W Fulton St , Grand Rapids, MI

Beautiful place... but

Reviewed on 7/28/2011 Pamela S

The reception space was very nice, but: I did not like how the food was brought out, and one table for example, had 1 tapas, and another had 3. It looked very hectic during dinner. It was always my question how they would serve, and I couldn't get a clear answer. It looked so hectic that I stopped eating to figure out what was happening> I understand this is how they serve at a regular dinner, but for a wedding, the guests were confused and some people were done before others so people were walking around. it just look unorganized. They should have had serviced the number of tapas all at the same time. also, there are so many windows, that it doesnt get dark until late, so there was no mood for dancing. the place was beautiful, but i wish i would have looked into that more to see what i could have done.

Less than thrilled

Reviewed on 6/16/2011 Jennifer W

The location itself is fantastic, and if we were going to do it all over I don't think I would switch venues. The atmosphere was exactly what I wanted, but when it came to a few of my expectations they dropped the ball a bit. We had a food allergy at the head table and we were told he would be served a seperate dish for each of the courses we selected, but unfortunately they only substituted two of the dishes and the rest of the time he didn't have anything while everyone else was dining. I addressed this and they were apologetic and did their best to correct it, but it was disappointing. Also, there was a miscommunication about how the cake would be served, and we asked specifically not to use a display cake, but for some reason our guests were served sheet cake. The food was excellent, and the cake tasted excellent--there were just a few blunders that I didn't think we should have experienced given the amount of money we paid. Again, though, the food was fabulous and the atmosphere was incredible.

Best Wedding ever

Reviewed on 11/07/2010 Jasmine L

I have always the loved the food at San Chez and I thought that it would be awesome to have them cater my wedding. When I heard that they had a space to hold my reception it was even better. The people at San Chez are great to work with. They did an incredible job. We could not have asked for anything more. The food was incredible as always. We received so many compliments from our guests. I would highly suggest them for a wedding. It is unique to have them serve family style and it also gives you the opportunity to enjoy your food with you guests.

Excellent venue and service!

Reviewed on 9/01/2010 Tricia H

We used the III Floor facilities at San Chez Bistro for our wedding reception August 2010. Despite having to plan our wedding from overseas, the whole process was pain-free and easy with the catering team at San Chez. Extremely helpful, always answered each question quickly and were very accomodating. The food lived up the standards of the restaurant below. It was reasonably priced and I was incredibly surprised by the portions and quality for a large function. We were very pleased with the space, we were able to bring in our own decorations and used the sound system with our own pre-made music playlists. We saved a lot on music! Overall a great experience, our guests were very impressed. The staff were all so friendly and helpful, it made our evening all the better.

Send Email