San Diego Wine & Culinary Event Center

San Diego, CA

The Winery Wedding Location in Downtown San Diego

San Diego Wine and Culinary Event Center is in the heart of downtown San Diego. It is possible to have your dream winery wedding without paying destination winery prices. 7000 sq feet of vineyard/winery event space allows you to have your wedding and reception in one location. Having both your ceremony and reception at one venue makes your day much easier on you and your guests. All your budget goes directly to a food and beverage minimum. It is not wasted on rental fees, chairs, tables, linens, plates, flatware. All of this is included with every private event for no charge. We offer over 30 years of wedding planning managers, award winning chefs and a Court of Masters - Certified Sommelier all available at no extra charge. Tie the knot in style.

• Outdoor - Covered

Vineyard

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning

200 Harbor Drive, San Diego, CA (619) 660-5338
WEBSITE INSTAGRAM

Great Venue!!!

Reviewed on 11/09/2014 Dana C

We held our wedding at the San Diego Wine and Culinary Center on October 4, 2014. I have nothing but GREAT things to say about this venue! Mary and Shannon were amazing and did such a great job making sure all the bases were covered throughout the entire wedding planning... Read More process. They were very flexible in working with us as well, which is a huge plus, especially compared to other wedding venues. The venue looked absolutely beautiful the day of the wedding! We received so many compliments about the look and feel of the venue. Mary, Shannon, and the SDWCC team set everything up just how we wanted and were extremely helpful. The food provided by Continental Catering was AMAZING! We had many people tell us how great it was, even some people saying it was the best wedding food they ever had! The location of the venue is great... Basically in the heart of downtown! We had rooms at the Hilton Gaslamp which is only a couple minutes walk from the venue. After the wedding ended, everyone continued the party downtown. I would highly recommend this venue, the SDWCC team won't let you down!

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 Heather T

This review is a little late coming, and I’ve been kicking myself for not taking the time to rave about this venue sooner. We got married at San Diego Wine & Culinary in April of 2015 and all I can is wow! Wow! Wow! I don’t even know where to start. This place is truly a... Read More special gem. This was a destination wedding for us. About 95 of our 111 guests were coming from our home town in Northern California. Since this was a mini vacation for most of our guests, we wanted a venue in an area that would be fun for them, where they could walk to different activities and enjoy their time in San Diego. It doesn’t get much better than right in the heart of downtown! My search for the perfect venue started with my vision of a trendy, urban loft style wedding. We’ve all seen those stunning pictures on Pinterest right? Well, I was a bit discouraged when I looked at a big, empty loft and realized what it would take to get it to what I was envisioning. Coordinating all of the details of bringing in chairs, equipment, furniture, décor, bar, food, etc. Not to mention the costs. It felt overwhelming and not something I was up to tackling. I didn’t want the stress, especially planning from a distance. I walked away feeling a bit deflated and re-thinking my wedding vision. Then I walked in to San Diego Wine & Culinary. I don’t know how I found it, it wasn’t even on my radar, but as I walked in, I knew we had found our happy place. This venue has so much charm and character. I immediately fell in love with the idea of guests being able to hang out on the patio around fire pits and I loved the idea of getting married in front of a wine barrel wall, surrounded by hundreds of candles. The staff was hands down amazing from start to finish. They definitely know their business, and they know their venue. When I explained what we had in mind, they offered suggestions for creative floorplans and the best uses of the space and the furniture and equipment available. They helped us with menu and bar option and even helped with some of the décor set up the day of our wedding. Speaking of décor, we didn’t have to do much because this place is already beautiful with candles everywhere. This isn’t specific to this venue, but it’s worth mentioning. A wedding in downtown San Diego is awesome! Our guests loved the convenience and all the fun activities we packed into their mini vacation. We did a hotel room block at a neighboring hotel, a cocktail party the night before the wedding at the rooftop bar of the Hard Rock Hotel, a brunch the day after the wedding at the Horton Grand Hotel. Then those who didn’t have to head home yet hopped on the ferry to Coronado. We all met up again that night for dinner. Everything was within walking distance and oh so much fun! I’ll wrap this up now. I feel like this has turned into a big brag about our wedding, but my point is that it was all possible because somehow we stumbled upon this incredible wine room type loft venue, right in the heart of downtown.