Sandbar Restaurant

Anna Maria, FL

Book Your Wedding with Sandbar Restaurant

A BEACH IN ANNA MARIA, FL

Renovated and recently renewed in 2012, The Sandbar Restaurant is steps from the white beach sands on the north end of Anna Maria Island, Florida. From the indoor dining room to the covered deck, the Sandbar offers the ideal backdrop for wedding photographs, ceremonies and receptions.

Wedding event rental spaces are available seven days a week with weekday, Saturday or Sunday and Friday pricing.

The Pavilion and Beach offers an idyllic spot for an outdoor ceremony that includes access to the wooden deck. Event spaces are available for rent in five-hour increments. Use of the pavilion includes 42-inch round tables with chairs providing seating for six guests, linen tablecloths and napkins, a cake table, bar and beverage stations and tables for gifts, registry and DJ. It comfortably accommodates 160 guests with additional seating available.

Wedding receptions include a cake table and a full-service bar. The dinner buffet with all tableware and serving pieces, as well as decor is provided.

Additional white or bamboo chairs, decorations that include starfish or silk flowers, table decor and centerpieces, additional cocktail or dining tables, sound system, projector and screen, specialty lighting and a 15-by-15-foot dance floor are all available for a rental fee.

The reception buffet generally includes bar and beverages, appetizers, fruit and cheese, fresh fruit or vegetable trays and a choice of two entrees and three sides. Food is offered per pound or per person. There are four banquet buffets with specialized enhancements and customized menus available.

The Sandbar requires a deposit, with half of the initial deposit being refundable if the reservation is cancelled six months prior to the event's date.

Guest count confirmation and a finalized menu are due two weeks prior to the event. Each event has a food and beverage minimum requirement that varies depending on the time, day and season of the event scheduled.

Outside alcohol, outside food, confetti and table sprinkles of any kind and fireworks are prohibited. Sparklers and flower petals are allowed on the beach and silk flowers are allowed in the pavilion.

Couples who host a wedding event at The Sandbar Restaurant enjoy additional benefits, such as:

• Award-winning venue, earning The Knot's Best of the Best for Ceremony and Reception Site on the West Coast and Weddingwire's The Best Ceremony and Reception Site and Bride's Choice Award
  • Unlimited access to the beach, pavilion and deck for wedding ceremony, reception and photography
  • Access to wedding vendor recommendations

Where memories live happily ever after...

Thank you for considering the Sandbar for your special occasion. We didn't invent weddings, we merely perfected them! Great food, great service and gorgeous sunsets provide the perfect setting for any event, small or large.Packages & Customized Menus available. Farm to Fork & sustainable menu options. Our staff wants your experience to be a cherished memory for years to come.

• Outdoor - Covered

Waterfront, Beach, Rooftop

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

Bow2008 09
Bow2008
Bow2007

100 Spring, Anna Maria, FL (941) 778-8709
WEBSITE FACEBOOK PINTEREST

Fantastic venue, and food!

Reviewed on 4/29/2014 Ashley H

Of all the things I did to prepare for our wedding day, choosing The Sandbar Restaurant for our wedding venue was by far the smartest. I was blessed with amazing weather, but everything else was all Patti, their wedding coordinator there! She helped with absolutely everything!... Read More She wore so many different hats on March 21st, I could never thank her enough. From coordinator, to counselor, to bartender she did it all with smile on her face! Thank you Sandbar, and a big thank you to Patti and her amazing team!

Beautiful !!

Reviewed on 11/26/2013

I was amazed at the skills and organization that the sandbar had on my wedding day! I didn't have to worry about anything as they had taken care of it all! From the beautiful setup to pinning flowers on the guys, to letting the ring bearer and flower girl know when to take off... Read More they were AWESOME! The food was delicious and fresh !!! I would HIGHLY recommend this place for your dream wedding!

Above and Beyond!

Reviewed on 11/17/2013 Sara J

I always dreamed of getting married on the beach and The Sandbar made the planning effortless. My husband and I worked with Patti via e-mail and a couple visits to her office. She always had the time for us and was very quick on responses. She suggested many local florists,... Read More DJ's, hotels, etc. Our theme for our wedding was starfish, shells, fishnet, blues and corals. When I arrived at the pavilion the day of our wedding to decorate for the event, I was surprised with The Sandbars own touches of decorations that went perfectly with mine. The food was spectacular and the scenery was breathtaking. On our wedding day Patti and her staff went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect. I truly appreciate everything The Sandbar and Patti did for us. I highly recommend The Sandbar for a dream come true beach wedding.

Reviewed on 3/07/2017 Cubby S

I am so glad we chose the Sandbar for our wedding venue! Patti, the coordinator, is so fantastic! She was always quick to return emails, was incredibly accommodating to any changes we had to make (including moving our date!), and was really easy to work with. We just gave her... Read More a general idea of what we were hoping for, dropped off some decorations we had decided to make, and they took care of the rest. It was beyond anything we could have imagined! As an out of town bride, I was so thankful that Patti and her staff were all so kind and made the whole process really easy!

Reviewed on 2/02/2017 Crystal N

We had our dream beach wedding and it was all I hoped for. Patti and Luis were very helpful every step of the way anytime I had a question or concern. For our reception we went to the art studio on gulf and pine. It was perfect for our party of 60. I was able to get ready in the... Read More bridal suite all afternoon. The food was outstanding the service was terrific and the cake we got from hometown desserts was amazing. If you want a beach wedding and I can't imagine who doesn't, the sandbar is everything you could ask for. Sincerely a very happily married new couple Crystal and Dan

Reviewed on 1/15/2017 Yleana S

Loved having our wedding here! Patti was amazing to work with. She always emailed me back within 24 hours and always answered all our questions with details. It was such a perfect day and beautiful place!

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Deb M

I have always loved going to the Sandbar Restaurant and I knew it would be the perfect setting for our wedding. Patti was very helpful with all of our requests and everything was amazing. When I first walked in to the pavilion, prior to guests showing up, it took my breath away.... Read More The staff was very friendly and attentive. The food was delicious (especially the ice cream sundae bar, yummy!) And of course, you can't beat the setting. We have some of the most beautiful sunset wedding pictures I have ever seen. Thank you Sandbar (and Patti)!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016

great

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Lindsey Z

Patti and Luis were so attentive and helpful before and during our wedding. Everything turned out exactly as I imagined and so much more. If you are looking for a beautiful and relaxing beach wedding, check out the Sandbar Restaurant!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Noelle T

We had an amazing experience with our wedding here. They were budget friendly and very accommodating. Patti was awesome at helping us with vendor suggestions. I would highly recommend this vendor.

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Jessica S

I can’t say enough great things about Patti and The Sandbar!! A hurricane hit the east coast of FL on my wedding day and Patti and the Sandbar still managed to make our wedding everything I had ever dreamed of!!! We had a destination wedding (from Michigan) and didn’t get to... Read More visit the Sandbar, or meet Patti until the day before our wedding at the rehearsal. Both the venue (beach pavilion) and Patti surpassed all of my expectations!!! Patti was incredibly prompt answering emails and returning calls, and had no issues making changes right up until the wedding day! We had 10 or so guests cancel right before the wedding (as in the day before) due to the hurricane, and Patti and The Sandbar actually refunded for those guests!! Something we didn’t expect!! Patti was just very easy to work with and straightforward, and having all of the options and pricing on the website made it pretty easy for us to budget everything. Patti made me feel confident that everything was going to be taken care of, and on our wedding day she left it up to us whether to have our wedding on the beach despite the wind or to have it inside, and we chose the beach of course. It was a beautiful (but windy) beach wedding and everything I had ever dreamed of! The food was incredible- lots of our guests told us they’d never had better food at a wedding. The BBQ shrimp and NY Strip Steak were the hands-down favorites. If you want a beach wedding you won’t find a better place than The Sandbar!!

Reviewed on 8/14/2016 Kelsey G

The Sandbar was the perfect place for our wedding. We had the most amazing time there and cant thank everyone enough for making it memorable. Special thanks to Patti, she is such a wonderful person. We had a great experience working with her and she helped make our wedding... Read More the most amazing day of our lives. Thank you Patti and the Sandbar for everything, we will stop by and visit the next time we are there!

Reviewed on 7/26/2016 Chrissy D

If you're even thinking about getting married here--DO IT!!! Cannot say enough about Patti & the staff. Planning a destination wedding sounded daunting, but Patti made it so incredibly easy. Do yourself a favor and book it now! So worth it.

Reviewed on 4/11/2016 Paresa T

We had our wedding at the sandbar restaurant on 4/8/16. I cannot even begin to express how amazing it was. We planned from out of town, and we did not do a site visit before the wedding. The venue was even more beautiful in person than it was in pictures. Patti was so easy to... Read More work with and put us at ease by updating me frequently throughout the planning process, responding quickly, and by sending lots of pictures. The staff at the sandbar were delightful and did everything in their power to make sure we were happy. We would choose them again and again! It was better than we could have imagined!

10.15.15 Wedding

Reviewed on 12/06/2015 Brittany B

I recently had my wedding ceremony at the Sandbar. Patti the wedding coordinator was very easy to work with and made sure everything went flawless. The location on the beach is absolutely beautiful for a Florida beach wedding. Patti was always available during my planning... Read More whether it was phone call or email. I was an out of state bride and she made it very easy to plan the day from afar.

October wedding

Reviewed on 11/01/2015 Kelly C

We had our ceremony on Anna Maria Beach at the point by the Sandbar. Patti was our wedding planner and our reception at the Studio at Gulf & Pine. It was beautiful, everyone was friendly, knowledgeable & accommodating. The venue was in line with other vendors. Everything that we... Read More asked for was accommodated. The only bad thing I have to say is that the beach entrance for the bride & guests should be swept. There were so many sand spurs & small pine cones it was difficult & uncomfortable to walk thru & took forever to get out of my dress. I would highly recommend them for an event?

The beach wedding of our dreams...

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Jennifer S

We just had the beach wedding of our dreams at The Sandbar. We were looking for a low key venue with in house catering and bar and a naturally beautiful backdrop. Patti was our wedding coordinator and was so great to work with. She provided a list of vendors in the area and... Read More great recommendations so it was easy to plan the wedding. The entire wedding was SO BEAUTIFUL and SO AMAZING! The sky and sunset made for breathtaking photos. We decided not to rent a dance floor and everyone danced all night in the softest, whitest sand. If you're looking for an affordably unique and naturally beatiful setting for your wedding you must consider The Sandbar at the top of your list! We also were unique in that we were a same sex wedding with two brides. Patti and The Sandbar were incredibly welcome and open to our diverse situation.

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 Jennifer S

We just had our wedding dreams come true at The Sandbar! Patti and her team are simply amazing and took care of every detail. The venue is so gorgeous with breathtaking sunsets and the softest sand to sink your toes into. The best part is the venue, food, drinks and... Read More decorations can all be done on a budget and your guests will be wowed by the setting and the food. We would highly recommend the Sandbar to anyone looking for a beach wedding in paradise!

Super Easy to work with-Amazing place

Reviewed on 1/27/2015 Karen L

We only had 2 months to plan our wedding and it went off without a hitch. It is the perfect setting for the beach wedding of your dreams. Patti was so easy to work with and we saved a ton of $ with our mid-week wedding. I could not have asked for a more beautiful setting and... Read More the food was delicious, and I feel like the food and drink minimum is fair, especially given the quality of food and service you receive (your own bartender, etc.). I highly recommend the Potatoes Au Gratin for the side dish. This place knows what they are doing and think of things that I wouldn't like ensuring there were heaters for our reception since it was a bit chilly.

October Wedding

Reviewed on 11/19/2014 Lara

The Sandbar is a beautiful venue to say your vows and dance the night away! I recommend to anyone who is dreaming of a white sanded wedding!

AMAZING!!!!

Reviewed on 10/07/2014 Darcie R

The venue was perfect! We couldn't find anything like it anywhere else. We had our wedding on the beach and the reception under the pavilion in the sand. It was amazing! The staff was wonderful! We couldn't have asked for anything better. They helped in every aspect. Finding... Read More vendors was so easy and everything was taken care of on the wedding day. The food was also delicious. Everyone keeps telling us how awesome our wedding was. The island its self is great. Its quaint and has the best fish around. The water is bath water warm and the sunsets are unbelievably gorgeous! I fully suggest the Sandbar to any bride for their perfect wedding venue!

Amazing Setting and Staff

Reviewed on 8/14/2014

The entire staff at The Sandbar, and specifically Patti their event coordinator, were outstanding to work with! Throughout our wedding planning Patti was timely and thorough in her responses to all of our questions (and never made us feel as though we were asking too many)!... Read More Patti's attention to detail, expertise and recommendations were valuable and appreciated as we planned our wedding from afar. We felt so comfortable knowing that we could just sit back and enjoy our wedding reception! Our guests loved The Sandbar's pavilion right on the beach and also loved the service by The Sandbar staff who were all very helpful and accommodating. We felt as though they all had a genuine interest in making our event special. The Sandbar's food was delicious. The salad with the mango and passion fruit dressing is addictive – to the point that our guests went over to the gift shop seeking out bottles of it to take home. We just can’t say enough great things about The Sandbar, the staff and Patti! We will look forward to coming back to visit again and again!

amazing venue

Reviewed on 8/11/2014 Brad W

Amazing staff and location. Best on the island.

Patti is the best!

Reviewed on 7/16/2014 Amber A

My husband and I could not be more pleased with Patti and the services at the Sandbar on Anna Maria Island. Patti is seriously the best. Since we live in Indiana I had to communicate with Patti mostly with email, and she was very responsive and ALWAYS kind and respectful .... Read More Honestly she has a way about her that just makes you feel like family. Jeff and I are so pleased with her ability to provide us with our idea of a perfect wedding! I have not one thing negative to say about Patti, but the only thing that I would say negatively is that they had to close our ceremony down at 10pm. It was very upsetting but I am told it is due to turtle season that time of the year on Anna Maria Island which is understandable. Other than that I would HIGHLY recommend Patti and her staff for anyone looking for a beach wedding!!!

Better than what I could have imagined

Reviewed on 7/03/2014 Chrissy P

We had our wedding at the Sandbar on Sunday, June 15, 2014. Patti, the coordinator, was absolutely fantastic throughout the whole planning process. We had never been to AMI before and we were going off of the recommendations of friends that had vacationed there. We did all of... Read More our planning from Ohio and numerous (too many to count really!) e-mails between Patti and myself. She took all of my ideas and turned it into my dream wedding. The staff is very attentive and Patti made herself available for our rehearsal the night before even though they had 2 events going on there at the time. She also was very helpful the day of the wedding by keeping everybody in the correct order for the ceremony. If you are looking for an affordable, nice beach wedding-this is the place to look! Our guests are still talking about the ceremony, reception, and especially the food. I didn't have time to eat much at dinner that night, but we did get to keep the leftovers. The staff at the Sandbar made everything seem effortless and I did not have to worry about a thing on my day! Thank you so much to Patti and her staff! Also, a special shout out to Mary at the Sandbar. She made it a point to check on me multiple times throughout the reception and really cared about me that night. She is a very special person and the Sandbar is lucky to have her!