Sandi Rufo Photography

Long Island and any tropical locations:)

Real Love + Real Photos = Real Memories

Your love isn’t staged, posed or scripted why should your photos be? It's all about The Real! The Real love, Real fun, Real laughter, and the really awesome moments of your wedding day. Let's capture those moments so you can relive them every day. No posed, staged or scripted. Just you, me and my camera :)

Artistic, Documentary, Lifestyle

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Long Island and any tropical locations:) (631) 897-4470

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Kerry C

After interviewing 3 photographers, we spent 2 minutes with Sandi and knew she was exactly what we were looking for. Her style is unique in that she captures those "in the moment" shots, and the thank you cards and photo albums are unlike any other photographer we interviewed.... Read More After we booked with Sandi she sent us a welcome package with a Bride hanger. Later on we received another package from Sandi that included a bride bag for me to transport items the day of my wedding. Sandi went above and beyond to make us feel special and truly cares about her clients. From the very beginning we knew we made the right decision. Our wedding was at the Estate @ East Wind and we wanted some beach shots after the reveal. We hopped in Sandi's car and she drove us down to the Wading River beach where we got some amazing photos. Then it was time for the bridal party photos and Sandi and her assistant, Quinn, did an incredible job at handling our 20 person bridal party. We would highly recommend hiring Sandi, once you meet with her and see her work you'll understand why! Thanks again, Sandi!!!

2016-08-15T15:47:56 Response from the vendor

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I'm seriously blushing! You and your very large bridal party were awesome and very cooperative. I'm so glad that I was able to capture your day exactly the way you wanted it to be. :)

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Kelly Z

Sandi was absolutely incredible throughout our wedding planning process. She has been nothing but professional and responsive since the day I signed the contract with her. She even sent me little goodies throughout the process including an adorable "Bride" hanger that I used for... Read More photos. On our wedding day, Sandi made me and my husband super comfortable and relaxed during the photo process. She had my bridesmaids laughing naturally and was not pushy in any way. While we have only seen a sneak peak of the wedding photos, they are absolutely incredible. No one looks too posed or stuffy. The pictures are beautiful and natural and I cannot wait to see the remaining photos. We had our puppy in our photos and Sandi even made a donation in our dogs name to the North Shore Animal League. Sandi is everything you could want in a photographer and I could not recommend her more to any bride and groom on their wedding day.

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Kathleen O

Sandi Rufo Photography was absolutely wonderful. From our engagement photos to our big day, she was able to calm nerves and bring laughter to any situation. Sandi and her assistant blended in while working their ways through our home and captured the most memorable... Read More moments. Her ability to capture the most intimate photographs, has provided us with a countless amount of photos to awe over. Sandi was able to optimize our photo session with her knowledge of lighting and wedding photography experiences. Throughout our night at , I often forgot Sandi Photography due to her casualty and her intent for capturing candids. . Likewise, when I requested that I'd like certain group photos, Sandi Rufo Photography responded instantly and appeared! After recently receiving our "sneak peek".. we COULD NOT be happier. We highly recommend Sandi Rufo Photography for the couple that is looking for a lighthearted, beautiful and breathtaking experience.

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Lauren H

We are thrilled that we decided to go with Sandi for our wedding. From start to finish she was helpful and understood what we wanted from our wedding photos (natural, fun, not staged). We took our engagement photos at Coney Island during a hot Sunday afternoon in the middle of... Read More Summer and Sandi made it look and feel like we were the only ones there. Fastforward to the day of our wedding, her and Quinn captured all the details and love that filled that day. We can't stop looking at our pictures! Thank you Sandi for capturing our wedding and allowing for our memories to be exactly as we envisioned! Would highly recommend Sandi!

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Colleen F

Thank you Sandi & Quinn for taking beautiful photos that we will cherish for a lifetime! You are both so easy and fun to work with!! The wedding day went by in a flash but you both helped to ensure that we would get to enjoy our day while getting the photos we wanted so thank... Read More you!!! I would absolutely use Sandi and her team again! Especially if you are hosting a wedding at Danfords since she knows everyone there and the property very well :) xo -Colleen & Earl

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Siobhan W

We love Sandi! Sandi was able to capture every special moment of the day. She was also incredibly easy to work with and made my husband and I feel comfortable in front of the camera. Nothing was posed, everything was natural. She also had such a quick turnaround with the... Read More edited pics! And there are sooooo many to choose from! Because she did such an amazing job, my sister decided to use Sandi for her October 2018 wedding in NYC! We highly recommend Sandi Rufo Photography!

Reviewed on 9/12/2017 Deidra K

I hired Sandi after firing another photographer, it was one of the best decisions I made for my wedding. Sandi is very friendly, and dedicated to her profession. After I booked with her she sent me helpful wedding tips, she even sent me a beautiful hanger for my wedding dress.... Read More The lines of communication were always open, every question I asked was always answered. Our wedding day, I was a nervous wreck! Sandi and Quinn's constant reassurance and laughter helped me through the bridal preparation. My husband hates being photographed and he adored both of them. Throughout the day and evening we didn't feel like we were being photographed. Sandi and Quinn did not miss one special moment. Every moment captured tells a story. Thank you for giving me such beautiful photos that will re-tell our story in years to come!

2017-09-12T15:03:34 Response from the vendor

Wow! It makes me so happy to know that Quinn and I were able to help you relax and enjoy your wedding day! Thank you for your kind words<3

Reviewed on 8/31/2017 Melissa C

My new husband and I are so very happy with the pictures we received of our wedding day! We were full of smiles as we looked through the photos and re-lived our special day. Working with Sandi was so easy and comfortable. We're so glad to have met and worked with her. Do... Read More yourself a favor and reach out to Sandi - you won't regret it!!

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Brooke E

Sandi and Quinn were amazing. My pictures are everything I could have dreamed of. They were very professional and kind and got right in with my crazy group. I would recommend Sandi Rico to everyone and anyone. And will deff be calling her for every other special occasion.

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 Michelle F

Sandi is such a great photographer! We were referred by my sister in law. My fiance and I just had our engagement photos done, and we are so thrilled with our preview! We can't wait to see the rest and also for our wedding next year in April!!!! We were a little bit nervous at... Read More first taking pictures, but Sandi photographs in a natural way which took away our nerves and we had a great time! Highly recommended!!!! :)

2017-06-02T09:33:47 Response from the vendor

Yay! You're officially models now! So glad you're pleased with the experience so far. Thank you for your kind words!

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 Michelle F

Reviewed on 5/21/2017 Sarah P

Sandi did an amazing job photographing our engagement and wedding and it was such a great experience to work with her!  Sandi truly has an eye for capturing the most intimate and exciting moments of our special day. Her passion for photography makes her a joy to work with.  Our... Read More photographs are absolutely incredible!  We highly recommend Sandi Rufo Photography to any Bride and Groom planning their wedding or any other event! Thank you, Sarah and Joseph

2017-05-21T18:31:44 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words! I'm so pleased that I could give you such great memories!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Shannon H

I cannot say enough about Sandi! We had a difficult time finding a photographer that we liked. We wanted someone who not only took beautiful portrait photos, but someone that we knew we would get along with all day long, would work with our large bridal party and our blended... Read More families, and would make sure to capture lots of candid photos throughout the entire day and night. Looking at Sandi's work, we knew her style matched what we were looking for and once we met with her, we knew she was perfect. She designed a package to fit our needs and we did our engagement shoot with her after booking her for our wedding. Working with Sandi was so easy and we absolutely loved our engagement photos. She even handled our Save the Dates, which everyone absolutely loved! The day of our wedding, Sandi came to my Dad's house where I got ready, and she had another photographer (Quinn) go to where the groom was. Both Sandi and Quinn were great all day and were so easy to work with. Sandi gave great direction to everyone and Quinn captured a lot of candid photos just like we had asked for. They worked quickly to get all bridal party and family pictures done so that we could eat something before our reception began! We had our sneak peek of our wedding photos only 4 days after our wedding was over, which was amazing! We instantly shared them from our honeymoon in Africa with our family and friends. What we have seen so far has been nothing but spectacular and we are so happy that we found Sandi to capture so many great moments from our extraordinary wedding day!

2016-10-06T17:14:12 Response from the vendor

Thank you, thank you!! Your kind words mean so much to me :)

Reviewed on 8/07/2016 Amanda C

I honestly could not have asked for a better photographer. Before I initially chose, I was having a hard time because a few people had similar prices and deals. The day I met Sandi I knew right away. She was so welcoming, light-hearted, and funny. You knew she loved her job and... Read More had fun with everyone. For our engagement photo shoot, my husband and I were very nervous. We're not big picture takers and had no idea how to pose! Sandi was awesome. She made us both feel very comfortable and as ease. Our engagement photos were beautiful and I could not wait for everyone to meet her the day of the wedding. It seemed like we knew her forever meanwhile we just met her. On the day of the wedding, her and Quinn showed up early and we're ready for business. They helped push everything along and helped the day go smoothly. We didn't want to be bothered throughout the night to stop and take pictures. We are a big dancing/partying family. Several photographers told us in advance they would stop us at certain points and go to other rooms. Definitely not what we wanted. We told Sandi we didn't want to miss our cocktail hour and we didn't want to see each other before the church. We had a massive wedding party. 29 people including the bride and groom!! She got every single photo done before cocktail hour and they are absolutely amazing. She finished editing the pictures so fast and we couldn't believe how great they came out. She truly is very talented and it would be a shame if you didn't use her!! Thank you again for capturing our special day!!

2016-08-08T09:04:22 Response from the vendor

You are so welcome! While you guys did have the biggest bridal party I've ever photographed, that were on board with all my crazy ideas and made it go quickly and smooth! Not to mention you were all a blast! It was my pleasure being... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/02/2016 Diana B

Sandi and her team will make sure that you feel so special on your wedding day! Her work is not the traditional boring poses...she really captures the action and the happiness naturally without stiff posing!! I love the candid shots she takes and her interaction with us all... Read More day was PERFECT! Cannot say enough about her and her talent! I highly recommend her work!

2016-08-03T09:01:18 Response from the vendor

THANK YOU, THANK YOU! I'm blushing!

Reviewed on 7/28/2016

We are so happy that we chose Sandi to photograph our wedding day. From start to finish she is an absolute pleasure. I was particularly impressed with how well she worked with my husband, who does not like being photographed. She made him feel extremely at ease and managed to... Read More make the whole process quick and painless for him. We were both impressed with how many amazing pictures she took without us even realizing that we were being photographed! Sandi's flexibility, personal touches, friendly demeanor, and photographic artistry make her the perfect choice for any bride-to-be. I cannot recommend her enough!

2016-07-28T13:26:10 Response from the vendor

Ahhh! Love my grooms who want to get to cocktail hour asap! It was my pleasure! You guys were amazing!

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Jenna S

My husband and I struck gold when we booked with Sandi. From our very first meeting where we went over what we did and did not want, right through the post wedding communications, she was super attentive and made the experience exactly what we hoped it would be. Sandi's super... Read More laid back approach was refreshing during the hectic planning process. And the photos came out absolutely perfect. We didn't waste time with overly posed, cliché shots, and there is a wonderful mix of artistic and candid photographs. I would definitely recommend Sandi to any bride looking for a photographer!

2016-07-21T09:07:01 Response from the vendor

Thank you! I am so glad that I was able to provide you and your families with wonderful memories of the most important day of your lives :)

Reviewed on 6/25/2016 Alanna H

We met with Sandi over a year before the big day and she was nothing but great from start to finish. When we first met I mentioned that I wanted to have my pug involved in the pictures on the big day and she was THRILLED!!! Sandi captured the perfect moments of the big day and... Read More was so accommodating with my pups needs with understanding that she could only be there for a little while (due to her old age). Thank you Sandi for making our day so special!!! We can't wait to see how the albums come out!!! XoXoXo

2016-07-21T09:08:17 Response from the vendor

Awe, Bugger! Anything for my furry friends!

Reviewed on 6/15/2016 Caroline B

We cannot say enough positive things about Sandi! She was professional throughout the process, and would quickly respond to any questions we had leading up to our wedding. Even though we worked with Sandi from a long distance, she came to our wedding, was on time with her lovely... Read More assistant Kerri, and delivered on everything she had promised. Throughout the wedding day, she and Kerri were professional, warm, considerate, and fun! The best part, however, was that the pictures Sandi took of our wedding were beautiful! She captured fun moments and memories that we will be able to cherish and remember for a lifetime. The photos came to us very soon after the wedding so we were able to share them with family and friends soon after we were married. She even provided a lovely 'sneak peek' video for us before the edited photos were finalized. We would highly recommend the services of Sandi Rufo for any wedding or special event! She loves what she does and it shows!!!

2016-06-16T09:19:44 Response from the vendor

Thank you for all the compliments! Your bridal party and family were wonderful, fun and easygoing which made our job so easy. Not to mention how absolutely adorable the two of you are!<3 Best of luck!

Reviewed on 2/12/2016

The only word that I could use to describe Sandi and her photos is AMAZING. We met Sandi through another bride that had used her for their wedding and the pictures were just gorgeous. So we had to meet. November 7, 2015 was our wedding and from the moment that we sat with Sandi... Read More (about 10 months before) we knew that she was exactly the person that we wanted to work with. Sandi made you feel that you were her only priority (which is the way that it should feel). You aren't just another number to her. Besides the gorgeous photos that she and her assistant took the day of my wedding, she also sent us gifts along the way. Delicious cupcakes to celebrate our engagement and upcoming wedding and a beautiful BRIDE hanger that I used as well on the big day. Every step of the way she was a guiding force helping and encouraging and overly patient with a bride that was not sure what she was doing. I have and will continue to recommend Sandi. A picture is worth a 1000 words, but Sandi's are timeless and perfect. She captured our wedding, our day - PERFECTLY. THANK YOU and if you are reading this you - you should meet with Sandi and you will feel exactly what we felt.

Reviewed on 2/10/2016

Sandi had the best personality and that (in addition to her incredible photos) was a major reason why we chose her for our wedding! She did an amazing job with our photos and everyone loved the thank yous! I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for beautiful memories... Read More that will last a lifetime!

Reviewed on 11/16/2015 William K

Sandi and her assistant Quinn were simply amazing and so lovely. They both were fantastic and welcoming. My husband and I felt extremely comfortable and free. It was so nice to be able to pose how we wanted, while Sandi would take photos and ever so often tell us to pose a... Read More certain way. If your looking for professionalism and just a cool amazing human being. Book with Sandi Rufo Photography!!! Our wedding pictures were one of the most important details in our whole wedding. Those are the memories that you want to be able to look at over and over again. An to be able to show off to everyone while being proud that you have amazing pictures to share. Best decision we made for our entire wedding. We love you Sandi!!!!! The Klein Family :)

Sandi is amazing!

Reviewed on 11/04/2015

Sandi is fantastic. She has a very calming presence and warm personality. When we first met, I loved that she made a point to get to know our love story and who we were as people. I wasn't sure where to get pictures in between the ceremony and reception, and described to Sandi... Read More the feel that I was looking for. She immediately had several suggestions, and we ended up using one of them! Throughout the process she was extremely prompt in answering to any questions I had. The day of the wedding, Sandi kept us ahead of schedule and got us to cocktail hour on time like we had asked! Once the reception started I barely saw her all night but our pictures show that she and Quinn, her amazing assistant, captured every moment we saw and many that we didn't. All of our photos came out incredible, I would recommend Sandi for any type of event you would like photographed!

2015-11-05T08:42:51 Response from the vendor

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Your kind words mean so much to me. You guys were great, beautiful and so much fun! I love the McAllister family !

Wonderful Photographer!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Christina

Sandi was so warm the first day that we met her. She made us feel confident that she would capture the feel of our wedding day. On the day of my wedding she helped to keep us all on schedule and even helped to tie the corset on my dress. Her and her assistant were so... Read More competent. They took pictures of all the little details and were efficient in taking the bridal party pictures so that we had a little time to relax before the cocktail hour. She was never intrusive, but still got amazing pictures of the reception. During the reception she was dancing with guests to get pictures and at times was even on the floor! Everyone said how much fun she was. Our pictures were available to us very quickly after the wedding and any questions I have had, she has gotten back to me in a very timely matter. I can't wait to see my album and thank you cards. I cannot recommend her enough.

All-Star Wedding Photographer

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Lauren W

Sandi is a remarkable vendor to work with. Throughout the entire wedding planning experience she was prompt, easy to contact, organized, and completely straightforward. She truly cares to know your love story and the type of couple you are, so she can develop a good... Read More rapport and capture your personalities within her photography. On the wedding day, Sandi and her assistant photographer brought with them a calming presence, they were never imposing, and they are extremely swift and skilled at snapping photos and keeping to the timeline. My husband and I were adamant about not missing the cocktail hour, yet I have a huge immediate family; regardless, Sandi and her assistant completed the family photos in record time with ample time left for us to enjoy the cocktail hour and the entire reception. Sandi was super fun loving and added to the joyfulness of the day. After the wedding, she finished editing the photos quickly and continues to make herself available for any further requests you may have like adding thank you cards to the package! Overall, you CANNOT GO WRONG with Sandi Rufo Photography. Wonderfully talented, avant-garde, fun... all-star photographer!

2015-10-17T08:07:57 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for this awesome review! The two of you make a beautiful couple inside and out! You're amazing people that will do amazing things together. Hope to see you again soon:)

Sandi

Random Facts about Me I believe fairy tales do come true! I'm married 20+ years and I still have to pinch myself at how lucky I am! I wear waterproof mascara to every wedding because I cry during the ceremony and father daughter dance. I love to use smiley faces in my emails :-) I have two Boxers that are a rowdy crowd and love editing days with mommy. I love when my Brides wear awesome high heels. I'm obsessed with red soled shoes. My Grandfather gave me my first camera when I was 9, and I turned the bathroom into a darkroom. Wedding Photography isn't just a job to me, It's my passion<3