Santa Barbara Historical Museum

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Museum, Historic Venue

136 E De La Guerra St, Santa Barbara, CA (805) 966-1601

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Bob S

My wife and I had our wedding reception here in July. It is the perfect venue for any event and the people are incredibly helpful and accommodating. There are different sections to the courtyard that we used which made the event feel even bigger than it was. The sun went down... Read More and lights went on. Everything looked awesome. Would recommend to everyone.

Reviewed on 12/17/2016 Kristina P

This is most hidden gorgeous venue in Santa Barbara! If you are looking for a true Santa Barbara style-esque wedding you cannot go wrong with the beautiful adobe style courtyards. My now husband and now live in the Bay Area but lived in Santa Barbara prior and wanted to find a... Read More venue in Santa Barbara that truly showcased the style and beauty that is SB and to share our love for this town to our guests! We wanted a central location and everything to be outside. We had our ceremony in the lower courtyard, held cocktail hour in the middle courtyard and then moved up to the upper courtyard for the reception. We only had about 120 people and the space can accommodate much more. You could easily do everything in the lower courtyard to save money as well. The grounds are just stunning and it fit our summertime, Southern California theme perfectly. The staff and Lyndsay (Rental Coordinator) were extremely friendly and easy to work with. -Some things to note-it's not cheap, but the price is not outrageous and very much in line with other venues in the area (most likely much more affordable than a nice hotel as well and much better!) The plus side is that it's historical, unique and beautiful and you are not stuck in a cookie cutter banquet room. You can choose to be outside under beautiful lighting and there are also inside options as well. -You have to bring everything in, such as rentals, etc. They have a list of recommended vendors are are flexible and allow you to be creative. We brought in our favorite Mexican food, Los Agaves and even had a churros served in the courtyard as a late night snack. -No parking, although it's centrally located. We told guests to find parking, walk from their hotels or take an Uber or Lyft. Beautiful spot and highly recommend!!!

Reviewed on 12/14/2016 Bonnie B

We loved having our wedding at the Santa Barbara Historical Museum, it was one of our top picks and definitely was everything we were hoping for and more. In preparation for our wedding, everyone we worked with was always very responsive, nice, and personable. We had a few... Read More special requests closer to our wedding date which Lyndsay, their event manager, helped accommodate and made sure our day went without a hitch. She was awesome! We have no complaints - my husband and I along with our guests LOVED this spot as it's such a beautiful, historical venue in a great location. I just wish we could've had a longer event...10:00 pm came too quickly! :)

Reviewed on 12/10/2016 Tara J

Fabulous venue! We couldn't have been happier with our experience at SBHM for our wedding. We worked with Lyndsey setting up all the details and going over all the plans all the way up to the wedding day and she was so patient, professional, and kind to us. The venue is... Read More exquisite and such a gem to find in the downtown area. Our guests absolutely loved everything about the place and we had a wonderful time in both the upper and lower courtyard areas, which was more than enough room for our 100+ guest list!

Stunning Venue

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Blair B

We loved the Santa Barbara Historical Museum. It is so gorgeous and the museum itself is the decor. The museum has two courtyards which is perfect and easy for the ceremony and reception.

Beautiful Setting

Reviewed on 11/04/2013 Andrea B

Perfect location for a wedding - It fits a very large group of people, has a strong SB feel, is a gorgeous backdrop, and Erica is very easy to work with and very helpful.

My dream wedding

Reviewed on 9/12/2013 Kami

I had wanted to get married at the historical museum my entire life, so when I got engaged I was quick to reserve the space. Hands down the most beautiful venue in Santa Barbara. If budget is not an issue, the book it now. The only downfall is the price and the limitations.... Read More It's quite expensive and the rental of the space includes only that. Just the space, in addition, because its a historical place you are pretty limited on a lot of things you can do there. All vendors must submit a lot of paperwork and be pre approved. But honestly if you can make it work, there is no better place

perfect!

Reviewed on 6/10/2011 Alissa S

working with the museum was a dream. everything went perfectly! my guests loved the unique venue.