Santiago Canyon Mansion

Estate, Historic Venue

Planning

8011 E Santiago Canyon Road, Orange, CA (714) 253-2848

Reviewed on 7/14/2016

This review is an update on a previous review I wrote. I had to delete the original review to stay within the character limit but, basically, our lighting demo appointment, which we scheduled over a month in advance got cancelled only a few hours before our planned event start... Read More time. I was so furious that I posted a review of my experience shortly after demanding that our coordinator get this debacle resolved. The event coordinator of Santiago called me personally to apologize on behalf of the owner for the error, explaining that an emergency situation arose at the last minute is what caused the last minute cancellation. The owner then took one more step and offered us a generous compensation and also started working very closely with the owner of our wedding coordination service to make sure nothing else goes wrong. We were very impressed with how quickly this venue rectified the situation, which also demonstrated this venue's commitment to excellence with respect to the services they provide. We are now super psyched about our big day at this gorgeous and exclusive location.

Reviewed on 5/30/2016

I am not one to write bad reviews so this is a first for me on this site. I heard about Santiago Mansion from a friend who has worked with their planner named Mona. When I saw the pictures, I knew this was an exclusive location and wanted to have my wedding here. In result, for... Read More over 2 months, we visited the venue, exchanged contracts back and forth and decided to sign and let go of our backup venue for this. I had told all our family about this venue to. Now the details about what happened: Mona doesnt respond and even her friends say you have to give her a couple days. Im sorry but as a bride, I am going to expect that the property manager (Mona) does her job in a timely manner. When she would say "I'll have the contract for you in the next 24 hours, she wouldnt have it ready until you text or call her 10 times. This was the first sign but the venue is just so pretty! When it was time to sign, her numbers were all off, she was making promises that she wouldnnt write down like "the deposit is fully refundable" and spelt our names wrong throughout the whole process. She is a terrible saleswoman ...when you ask her a question, she ignores it and only talks about how it makes her feel. She wears her emotions on her sleeves and that is not how you do business. When the time came to sign the contract, she dropped the face of the earth. A week goes by and I hear nothing. Then someone from the property office calls me and says the owner did not accept my wedding because he wants to do more nonprofit events. If you are a nonprofit, DO NOT CONSIDER THIS PLACE. Ive read terrible reviews for nonprofit events and if their contacts are terrible at communication, can you imagine how this could look to your donors? I even said I would donate some money to a nonprofit and the owner didnt even respond to me. He is totally MIA and that makes this place even more unreliable. Mona then started telling me the CFO wasnt the best and the owner is fine. Mind you, I had NEVER heard of the CFO till they dropped us. Mona called me frantically asking me if I gave her any bad reviews and totally blamed the owner for not informing her. She said..."you followed all the requirements by the book, you were the easiest bride to work with I dont know why he rejected your wedding".... asked me to write a complaining email to him so she can send it over to him to get me free vegas suites. SOOOOO unprofessional! PLEASE DO NOT GO THROUGH THIS. I wasted 2 months, thought I had a venue then had a frantically search for one because we didnt want them to get taken for our wedding date. This is a brides WORSE nightmare. I almost wonder if it was racism but would have loved to hear from the owner.

Unforgettable Venue!!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2012 Iris P

Finding this place and meeting Mona was such a blessing!!! Our photographer, Justin Element Photography, referred us to Mona and it was through her recommendations that we found this venue. We were able to work out a customized package that included rentals, linens, open bar,... Read More and valet. We even had a chance to stay at the Guest House during the weekend of our wedding. Til this day, our guests have not stopped talking to us about our venue and how impressed they were with the location. We have Mona to thank for this.