Fine Art Wedding Photography

$5,000+

16 West 23rd St, New York, NY

Reviewed on 7/30/2015 Dana S

I cannot express enough how happy my husband and I are with the pictures of our wedding! Sara came highly recommended to us by our wedding planner who had worked with Sara recently; after seeing their work in the Style Me Pretty blog, we were instantaneously drawn to Sara’s unique artistic pictures. From start to finish, Sara’s attention to detail was incredible. She was able to strike a perfect balance between laid-back and professional. After our pre-wedding consultation, Sara emailed us a very detailed wedding day itinerary - she timed everything thoroughly. She even took the time to visit our venue and scout out the various locations on site prior to our wedding day. Sara and her assistant Leana did a spectacular job and were an absolute pleasure to work with throughout the entire process. Sara also has a wonderful calming presence, which is something that any bride will greatly appreciate on their wedding day! We couldn’t be happier with the final product. Our pictures are tasteful, chic and truly reflected who we are as a couple. Thank you Sara for capturing every magical moment of our wedding day!

Reviewed on 7/28/2015

Photography was very important to us and we sought a high-quality photographer who would capture the most important moments of the day in a natural and artistic manner but not be overtly present and in our guests way. Sara fit this perfectly! We were very impressed with Sara’s portfolio and artistic style. We were even more pleased after meeting her in person; Sara is extremely, friendly, and easy to work. She was very responsive to my questions and was familiar with my venue having shot other weddings there before. On the day of the wedding, Sara was very efficient in getting through the bridal and family portraits prior to the ceremony. Sara captured the spirit of the day beautifully and our family and friends raved about our stunning photos. We highly recommend Sara Wight Photography.

Reviewed on 7/26/2015 Lisa W

I cannot say enough about how WONDERFUL Sara Wight is, and how STUNNING our wedding photos are, thanks to her tremendous talent!! Sara was the perfect photographer. She was so sweet and kind, and really cared about what was most important to us in terms of our photos. Our wedding was held in a park in NYC, and Sara did a site tour a few days before the wedding to scout the best spots for our pre-wedding shoot. She found several beautiful places in the park, and the photos turned out spectacular!! For the ceremony (also outside), Sara captured the intimacy of the moment while also capturing the giant trees in true perspective. The results were breathtaking. Best of all were the hundreds of moments of joy that Sara captured throughout the entire event, from the pre-wedding greetings with guests to the smiles and laughs of all of our guests on the dance floor throughout the night. Throughout every element of our wedding, Sara and her assistant were unobtrusive and managed to snap every shot without any feeling of disruption for us or for our guests. They were absolutely lovely and gracious to everyone. Every time I look at the photos, I smile, and I always find a new photo that I missed, and which makes me all the more grateful that we worked with Sara for our most special day.

Reviewed on 7/16/2015 Katie K

Second to our venue, we felt our photographer to be the most important vendor we would choose for our wedding (and engagement photos), for a number of reasons: We were not planning to hire a videographer, which had interrupted our view and disturbed our ability to be in-the-moment as guests at others' affairs, so it was important that the photos told the whole story of our wedding. It was also important to us to hire a photographer who would capture everything without interrupting or disturbing our guests by standing on ladders, directing people in the middle of the dance floor or using heavy flash. Sara (and her assistant) succeeded masterfully in their photo-journalistic/fly-on-the-wall approach to capturing our ceremony and wedding, and their warm, caring interactions with our bridal party, family and others during our posed photography. Sara made us feel our special day was just as important to her as it was to us. When we received our photos, Sara organized them in a way that allowed us to relive the day and also take in all the things we weren't able to see in the moment of our wedding. We received countless compliments from friends and family and when we posted some select photos to social media, many of our friends and family changed their profile pictures to one of Sara's. We viewed this as the ultimate compliment to Sara and to the overall feel she contributed to our wedding day. We cannot recommend her highly enough.

Captured Every Moment

Reviewed on 12/07/2014 Erica C

My now husband and I simply found Sara Wight by "googling" our wedding venue, Tamarack Country Club and wedding photography. Sara's artistic and classic images popped right up and we immediately scheduled an appointment with her to meet with her for our big day. Sara was not only professional, but her entire portfolio was stunning. Her work is so artistic, and natural looking - exactly what we were seeking in a wedding photographer. (Sara won over my husband with her delicious chocolate offerings at our first meeting!). Once we made the decision to use Sara Wright Photography for our special day, I was never afraid to ask Sara for advice - on colors to wear for engagement photos, etc. Throughout the entire process, Sara was so available to us, reliable, professional, not intrusive and such a calming force on our special day. Choosing Sara Wight was one of the best wedding decisions we made. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!

A True Gem

Reviewed on 12/04/2014 Lauren A

Like many other reviewers, working with Sara was one the best parts of my wedding experience. My (now) husband and I had two engagement shoots in different locations, and Sara was so incredibly accommodating and had no qualms about shlepping out to Long Island for one of the shoots. Not only that, but she did not even ask to be reimbursed for the gas money to travel out to Long Island, unlike some other photographers that we had met with. Also, our photos were STUNNING. Our wedding was on Ellis Island, which Sara had never photographed before. So she took a full half day to join us and our wedding planner on the island a couple months prior to the big day to get the lay of the land. We really appreciated her dedication to perfection and for taking the time out of her schedule to do the walk-through us. On the actual wedding day, Sara's calm and professional demeanor was so appreciated. I've seen other photographers at my friends' weddings be very loud and in-your-face...but Sara made everyone feel at ease and wasn't too invasive at all. The best part of working with Sara were her results. We were supposed to receive our wedding photos 12 weeks after the event...but we were over the moon when we received them 6 WEEKS EARLY. Sara is just a really hard worker and stays true to her word. Her photos are beautiful and she has such an artful eye...she is really able to capture those special moments that you will cherish for ever. She's amazing!

WOW!

Reviewed on 8/29/2014

I cannot recommend Sara Wight highly enough. Here are just a few reasons that Sara is amazing: 1. Her sweet personality - it is such a pleasure to work with Sara. She is kind, smiling and calm - a blessing on your wedding day. She sets everyone at ease, from your curmudgeonly older relatives to your don't-want-to-sit-still-and-pose-for-a-picture flower girls. She is present without getting in the way. 2. She is a phenomenal artist. Sara knows how to grab you for the sunset shot, frame you in just the right light, shoot you in the middle of a laugh, get just the right play of light and shadow, and capture energy of dancing. She has a perfect eye for detail and frames evey one of her pictures gorgeously. 3. She will make you look banging. Seriously, Sara did not share a single picture that I didn't look amazing in, and I'm NOT a photogenic person. I was so delighted by her editing - she captured all the best pictures and highlighted my and my husband's best features. 4. She is highly professional. Every communication with Sara was answered promptly and professionally. Her second shooter and the photobooth photog were similarly awesome. I could actually list more bullet points, but looking at her website will tell the story of her talent better than I could. Just work with her. You won't regret it.

So patient and kind!

Reviewed on 8/19/2014 Natasha L

Sara came recommended by a friend, and working with her was one of the best decisions I could have made for my wedding day! We started off with an engagement photo shoot, at which time my husband and I got to know Sara, and we adored her. She was kind, gave us just the right amount of instruction, let us be ourselves, and took amazing photos. She was always available and flexible, and so easy to work with. Sara helped me set my wedding day schedule, which was incredibly helpful. She is so knowledgeable, and worked in the demands of my family with ease (they were all arriving at different times). On the day of the wedding, Sara was cool, calm and collected. She had worked at my venue before, and already knew all of the locations she wanted us to be photographed in. As she directed us around the grounds, she patiently helped me and my bridesmaids pose, allowed my groom and his party to take breaks, and kept us motivated. She quietly whisked around the reception, took more table and family shots than I ever could have asked for, and overall, was an absolute pleasure to work with!

Stunning Photography!

Reviewed on 8/11/2014 Nicolle A

Choosing Sara Wight Photography for your wedding is the best decision you can make. It certainly was for my husband and me! Sara is the perfect blend of professional, personable, and artistic. From our very first e-mail exchange, Sara made me feel comfortable and confident with the wedding photography process. She was always available to answer any questions we had and did so promptly. We were planning our wedding long distance, and Sara’s availability and professionalism made things much easier to organize. She even did a walk through with us just days before our wedding. On the day of the wedding, Sara was a calming presence. She brings a second photographer with her and together they captured all the “big moments,” from the ceremony and first kiss to the first dance and the cake cutting. She also captured all the “little details,” like shots of the flowers, shoes, and wedding gown, which are just as meaningful to a bride. The photographs themselves are just stunning. All of our friends and family have raved about the photos. Many people have commented that our photos look like they are straight out of a bridal magazine. Sara is a truly gifted photographer. She has a great eye and her photos look both natural and artistic. Even the typical family portraits look fantastic. The many candid photos from the reception allowed us to share in all the little moments during our wedding that we didn’t get to see. Sara has a way of photographing a look, or a smile, or a kiss that makes you feel like you are experiencing that special moment with the person in the picture. By far, my favorite part of our wedding day was being photographed by Sara at Old Westbury Gardens, just my new husband and me. Sara gave us subtle but clear direction, and it never felt like a photo shoot. It was wonderful to have a quiet moment together during all the wedding excitement. And of course, the photos are amazing! Whenever I look at them, they bring back all the wonderful feelings I had on our wedding day.

MOB

Reviewed on 4/13/2014 Catherine S

When my daughter and I met with Sara the first time we felt so comfortable just talking to her. So I knew she would do a good job. However, I feel we got so much more than that. Neither my daughter nor I had ever planned a wedding so we relied on Sara for guidance. She was friendly but not intrusive. She was able to lead us through all of the preliminary planning issues with such expertise and advice whenever asked. Sara and her assistant managed to capture all of the photos we wanted plus so many beautiful candid shots we had not even imagined. I just received my album this past week and could not be more thrilled with the result. If there is ever a need for us to hire a photographer in the future Sara will be our first call!

Absolutely the best!

Reviewed on 4/12/2014 Erin S

I can’t say enough wonderful things about Sara and the absolutely stunning work she does. When I started the search for a photographer, time after time I was drawn to work done by Sara. There is so much emotion captured in her photography; she is beyond talented! From our very first meeting, I felt comfortable with Sara and knew immediately I wanted her around me on the big day. Loving my vendors was so important to me and Sara was such a dream to work with throughout the entire process. We planned our wedding in less than 5 months (!), and Sara was so incredibly reassuring every step of the way. I trusted her feedback and knew she understood the vision I wanted. We were so fortunate to have her photograph our rehearsal dinner too. She blended right in and I never worried about a thing the entire weekend. My husband and I couldn’t be more thrilled with our photographs, and are so thankful to have the memories of the day captured so beautifully.

Best photographer!

Reviewed on 4/08/2014 Jessica S

I don't have enough amazing things to say about Sara Wight. I didn't realize this going in, but it's not that common to find a vendor who is equal parts artistic and equal parts business savvy. She was so professional and always got back to us quickly, so in the year leading up to the event I knew we had picked a good photographer. However, the day of and after when we got our pictures back I realized we had picked an amazing photographer. She really went above and beyond our expectations! She has such a calming effect, but her being calm and not pushy doesn't mean she won't get all the pictures you want. For portraits, she gives just enough direction so that you know you will have beautiful pictures, but also isn't too pushy about direction where you feel awkward and forced (which I've experienced as a bridesmaid in other people's weddings). After the portraits as the wedding started, we didn't even realize she was there but she and her assistant were clearly in the middle of everything because our pictures captured everything! I knew we'd have beautiful portraits and details from Sara, but I have to say her pictures from the ceremony and reception were what blew us away. They truly captured the spirit of the night and we don't have any regrets about not hiring a videographer because she captured the night perfectly and even better than any videographer could have! I could go on for days about Sara, she is just so fantastic to work with and I would say the best (and our favorite) vendor we picked for our entire wedding!

Professional, Unobtrusive, and Customer-Service Focused!

Reviewed on 7/31/2013 Christine L

We loved working with Sara. She made us feel like we were her only clients in the year leading up to (and following!) our wedding... even though we know she has a full case log! Her attention to detail, combined with her business professionalism - made for an overall smooth transaction from start to finish. While fully present in the planning stages - Sara went virtually unnoticed on the big day. Which was a good thing! She was able to capture all of our special moments without "getting in the way" of family, friends, or our officiant. A huge plus. Our only regret is that we weren't more patient with our formal, posed photographs. Some of the staged group shots were a bit off - with people's heads hidden behind others, arms placed awkwardly, etc. I wish she would have been more vocal in directing us where to stand or what to do (since we were clueless!!). But our candid shots? Still life shots? In the moment shots? TO DIE FOR!! Sara really out did herself. If you're looking for your photos to tell a story and capture emotion, she's your lady. Thanks for everything!

Sara is the wedding photographer dream come true

Reviewed on 7/26/2013 Heidi K

I cannot emphasize enough how fantastic Sara is. From the moment we met her, we knew that we wanted to work with her. Not only is her work amazing, she's so great to work with. She is kind, warm and super professional. As the wedding approached, I never had a single doubt about Sara. She was always super responsive to emails, even when I asked a million questions. Also, I really trusted her, so I consulted with her on some other elements of my wedding, which she was very helpful with. When we got our photos back, I couldn't believe how great the pictures were, considering the fact that I felt like I never noticed Sara or her assistant shooter Leana (in a good way!). Unobtrusive and invisible yet they captured amazing images that I'm so grateful to have. We also did an engagement shoot, which I think is helpful just for yourself to get comfortable being photographed and figure out what you like and don't like, and Sara facilitated that in the best way possible. Sara is absolutely the best; I recommend her whole-heartedly with zero reservations.

The BEST photographer gave us the BEST photos!

Reviewed on 7/12/2013 Margaret B

From the moment I saw Sara's portfolio, I knew she would capture our wedding in the most special and precious way. When we saw our photos for the first time, my husband and I were blown away at all of the beautiful details and the special moments she managed to capture. Sara was the epitome of a professional. She gave us a warm welcome, but was unintrusive as she did her work, allowing us to enjoy our special day. We opted to have a second shooter, and Leana was also a wonderful photographer. I couldn't be happier with the investment we made in our photos and I look forward to telling all of the brides-to-be that I know about Sara and her amazing services!! If you are a looking for a photographer, stop your search with Sara! She's the best!

Love our photos!

Reviewed on 5/15/2013 Michelle B

Sara was absolutely amazing to work with. We felt comfortable with her from the moment we met her and were extremely impressed with her portfolio! We love both our engagement and wedding photos and really appreciated Sara's style. We didn't want cookie-cutter wedding photos that are all staged and posed. Sara really captured the feeling of the wedding day. We equally love our portraits and the candids from the dance floor. Sara and her assistant were practically invisible during the ceremony and reception, but managed to capture every moment. I would HIGHLY recommend Sara! Her work is beautiful and she is a dream to work with.

Thank you Sara!

Reviewed on 5/02/2013 dana k

Sara was a dream to work with and most importantly, delivered breath-taking photos that perfectly captured our wedding. From the moment we first talked, Sara's warmth came through immediately, she listened carefully to what I was looking for and was flexible and customized her services for what we needed and could afford. If you care about remembering the little moments, the first glance, the details of your dress, the spontaneity and capturing the energy of the dance floor--go with Sara. Her candids were so stunning and unlike any standard wedding photographer out there. We were on a tight budget and it was tempting to go for the lowest quote out there--but I cannot stress how grateful we were that we prioritized our wedding photos and chose Sara. We recommend Sara and her team and would use her again in a heartbeat.

gifted, professional and amazing to work with.

Reviewed on 6/05/2012 tatiana n

Wedding vendor reviews Sara Wight Photography When my husband and I got married photography was at the top of our “priority list”. We did a lot of research into different types of photographers and photography styles. We did our research and then lined up about 6 interviews. . Sara was one of the first photographers we were set to see. The day we went to see her we fell in love with her. Her attitude, her personality her professionalism, her skills. We signed the contract right there and then. We had no desire to interview anyone else after that. Best decision of our wedding. Sara is absolutely gifted. There is NO doubt about that. She has an eye for capturing moments and a way of making the most ordinary of things look beautiful. Her work is art. It speaks for itself. She stood apart from all other vendors because of her eagerness, her bubbly personality, her ability to make us even more excited. She always answered questions promptly. She didn’t wait a million years to respond to me even though she has many other customers. When you are planning a wedding you want you’re your info as soon as possible. She never made us feel like she was too busy for us. We always felt like a priority and that made it a pleasure to work with her. She captured our moments in exactly the way we had wanted her to and then some. We had a specific style we wanted our pictures to be in and she made sure to do that for us. I can’t even say that I verbalized it very well. I had an idea in my head of how I wanted the pictures to her and I gave her gibberish, which she interpreted PERFECTLY. It’s like she saw the pictures in my head. I would absolutely suggest hiring her for your big day. A day like that you do not want to leave up to chance. Pictures are what remain of a day that flies by before you’ve had a chance to realize what happened. Pictures are what remind you and bring you back to that moment you would have lost to memory.

Hiring Sara was one of the best decisions we made

Reviewed on 11/16/2011 Mary Rachelle S

Sara is absolutely amazing to work with and we were so lucky to have her as our wedding photographer. We truly can't recommend her highly enough and our guests and bridal party continue to rave about how great she was. We are a fun-loving professional couple and were working on a budget. We were initially unsure about investing in a professional photographer, but honestly it was the best decision we made - because of Sara. She immediately impressed us with her professionalism, artistic talent and calming nature during our first meeting over wine. From spending an afternoon with us for site inspections and keeping things organized despite the traditional wedding day chaos, to capturing our every emotion on camera with ease, Sara went above and beyond throughout the whole process. She's an amazing photographer, fantastic person, a pleasure to work and offers great value. I'd hire her again in a heartbeat.

TO Sara Wight Photography